Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-17, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Any news on a New Head Football Coach to replaces Coach Bob Sax at Akron Garfield ???

It's May 01, 2017

Any news on a New Head Football Coach or candidates to replace Coach Bob Sax at Akron Garfield???

117 days left before the beginning of 2017 Ohio High School Football Season

This is IUDOGS signing off.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-17, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Kenmore HC Kemp Boyd was named as the HC for the combined Garfield/Kenmore squad (largely based upon Money Ball's recommendation).
Old 05-01-17, 10:53 AM
All Yappi

Cool Any news on a New Head Football Coach to replaces Coach Bob Sax at Akron Garfield???

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Kenmore HC Kemp Boyd was named as the HC for the combined Garfield/Kenmore squad (largely based upon Money Ball's recommendation).
Clarkgriswold

Has APS names the Garfield/Kenmore

What does APS planned on calling the new High School (merger of Akron Garfield and Akron Kenmore)????

117 days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio high School football Season.

Old 05-01-17, 12:23 PM
All Yappi

I don't think they've made that call yet.
Old 05-01-17, 12:34 PM
All District

Money Ball is an unknown quantity at this point
clark-

YOU are hilarious! I nearly choiked on my Sam's Club Hot Dog! Thankfully, the Combo comes with a large fountain drink that I was able to wash dow nthe remnants that I Heimliched out of myself!

Boyd is the worst possible candidate for that position, but it was once again the easiest thing to do for the APS. Easiest way to fill the position was to just take the guy who was already contracted, regardless of whether he had any semblance of success or not, which he did not! IT will be a disaster and the principal will be looking for another coach next season. But from I hear, the decision was made downtown, once again proving my point that the APS does not care about sports, as long as someone is in the position that doesn't have a felony.

I don't know Coach Kemp, he may be a fine man of high character, but success eluded him for 3 years at Kenmore, with little to no improvement at all, unless you want to consider the length of the games he coached in because he threw the ball all over the place hoping Jerry Rice might somehow be reincarnated into one of his receivers along with Joe Montana being morphed from his quarterback. The man was successful at making game last longer than most 5 overtime college games, so if that is how you want to judge success, I would say he is a Champion! Or even getting thrown out of a game and having to miss the opener of the 2016 season, but hey, I am not being a hater, just stating the facts that are undisputed.
Old 05-01-17, 12:53 PM
Retired

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUDOGS View Post
Has APS names the Garfield/Kenmore
Kenmore-Garfield High School. Perhaps new name when new building is done for 2018-2019
Old 05-01-17, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

I'm rooting for the Kenfield Raminals.
Old 05-01-17, 01:32 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Kenmore-Garfield High School. Perhaps new name when new building is done for 2018-2019
Leave it to Akron Schools to not name school at least in alphabetical order...should be Garfield-Kenmore! G before K !
Old 05-01-17, 02:36 PM
All District

Money Ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Once again, they are CLOSING Kenmore, so the new name should really be Garfield, but then again, the APS will probably name it after David James, or maybe after Ricky Powers.
Old 05-01-17, 02:51 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Ball View Post
Once again, they are CLOSING Kenmore, so the new name should really be Garfield, but then again, the APS will probably name it after David James, or maybe after Ricky Powers.
Maybe they'll name it after Joe Yost if he goes downtown and says that what he wants.
I think it would be fitting considering Bill McGee absolutely owned him!
Old 05-01-17, 10:18 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
If it's being built on the Garfield site, that's what they should call it. Kenmore High was in Kenmore, not anymore, so it should be dropped.
Old 05-02-17, 08:10 AM
All Yappi

Cool Anew Head Football Coach at Garfield / Kenmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Did the APS make this decision of Kemp Boyd being the new Head Football Coach at Garfield / Kenmore?????

116 days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season.

Old 05-02-17, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUDOGS View Post
Did the APS make this decision of Kemp Boyd being the new Head Football Coach at Garfield / Kenmore?????

116 days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season.

Yes.
Closed Thread