Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-17-18, 02:38 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Tyreek Hill wants beer-throwing fan to be prosecuted

Quote:
The fan who threw a beer on Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill has been banned from Gillette Stadium. Hill wants the fan to also be confined to a small cell. Or at least threatened with that possibility.

“That type of behavior is unacceptable,” Hill’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said in a statement given to Adam Schefter of ESPN. “Players have to be protected. We want that fan to be prosecuted.”
Read more:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...be-prosecuted/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-18, 02:49 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
while I don't condone it, this guy is getting the screws and made to be an example of which can suck for just throwing warm, overpriced beer on the guy.

Wonder if it was a pepsi if they would be saying anything.

With that said, it should make people open their eyes that if they are going to screw a guy for throwing beer that should mean any and everything is fair game.
Old 10-17-18, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Good. Anyone who throws sh*t at an athlete deserves to get their a$s kicked. This is the 2nd best alternative.
Old 10-17-18, 03:07 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Good. Anyone who throws sh*t at an athlete deserves to get their a$s kicked. This is the 2nd best alternative.
Fact
Old 10-17-18, 03:14 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
oh wow charge him with a minor misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Just ban him for the year
Old 10-17-18, 03:56 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
What would you guys do if someone walked into your workplace and threw a beverage on you? Would you call the police? Would you file charges? If it happened to your spouse/kid? Too many people believe if you pay for a ticket it gives you certain rights. If you bought a high priced ticket item at a best buy, should you get a free pass to throw a beer on the salesman because he is taking too long ringing up the sale
Actions have consequences
Old 10-17-18, 04:10 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
What would you guys do if someone walked into your workplace and threw a beverage on you? Would you call the police? Would you file charges? If it happened to your spouse/kid? Too many people believe if you pay for a ticket it gives you certain rights. If you bought a high priced ticket item at a best buy, should you get a free pass to throw a beer on the salesman because he is taking too long ringing up the sale
Anyone can throw beer on me. I wouldnt complain. Maybe would ask that it be cold and unopened though
Old 10-17-18, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Hill should have gone Ron Artest/Stephen Jackson on him.
Old 10-17-18, 07:03 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
This is all a story because Hill got off super easy with domestic violence charges while in college. Ironic that he now wants someone that threw beer on him to be prosecuted to the fullest.
Old 10-18-18, 07:02 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
This is all a story because Hill got off super easy with domestic violence charges while in college. Ironic that he now wants someone that threw beer on him to be prosecuted to the fullest.
pretty sure this has ZERO to do with it.

but fans need to understand that the ticket to the game doesn't give them the right to say or do anything they want to the players on the field.

i'm glad he got banned and maybe he does need to be made into an example by being prosecuted and at least having to plead down to probation or whatever for a year or two. not sure that will curb negative fan behavior elsewhere. most negative fan behavior at games that we end up seeing is between the fans themselves.

either way, i think i agree with Hill on this. he has the legal right to press charges.
Old 10-18-18, 08:58 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
From what I been reading, Hill was told by Andy Reid “comes with the territory”. “Don’t be mad” means your doing your job well! Hill’s post game he said the above and that “he wasn’t mad”. Then Monday his Agent Drew Rosenhaus, well known for seeking publicity said; “this guy needs to be prosecuted”. Don’t know the outcomes but pretty sure Rosenhaus has been sued for stealing some his former clients money. Was he prosecuted? Would any of be prosecuted if we performed this type of act at our workplace?
Old 10-18-18, 09:10 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
From what I been reading, Hill was told by Andy Reid “comes with the territory”. “Don’t be mad” means your doing your job well! Hill’s post game he said the above and that “he wasn’t mad”. Then Monday his Agent Drew Rosenhaus, well known for seeking publicity said; “this guy needs to be prosecuted”. Don’t know the outcomes but pretty sure Rosenhaus has been sued for stealing some his former clients money. Was he prosecuted? Would any of be prosecuted if we performed this type of act at our workplace?
I think TO was suing him at one point and i think it had to do with him steering him to some seedy financial advisor.

Not a Rosenhaus fan by any means but TO went broke and had to blame somebody. I dont think Rosenhaus actually stole money from him. I think i read before that he undercuts most other NFL agents.

Edit: TO dropped the lawsuit after 5 years with it going nowhere. I doubt Drew was actively stealing money from TO or any of his clients. He is probably guilty of making this whole situation a publicity stunt for his client
Old 10-18-18, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Would I call the police?

Hell no. Now if there were other physical threats and such I would have to but to call the police and have them prosecuted if they came in and did that to me.....nah.
Old 10-18-18, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
pretty sure this has ZERO to do with it.

but fans need to understand that the ticket to the game doesn't give them the right to say or do anything they want to the players on the field.

i'm glad he got banned and maybe he does need to be made into an example by being prosecuted and at least having to plead down to probation or whatever for a year or two. not sure that will curb negative fan behavior elsewhere. most negative fan behavior at games that we end up seeing is between the fans themselves.

either way, i think i agree with Hill on this. he has the legal right to press charges.
Ban him?

Yes.

Seriously if they want to clean up behavior they need to start prosecuting the fans who fight at games. Sadly, yo use it way too often and many times they are just kicked out of the stadium and that is it.
Old 10-18-18, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Good. What a pos.
Old 10-18-18, 09:31 AM
All World

Dude flung half a beer. i dont think criminal charges are necessary, just ban the dude and move on.
Old 10-18-18, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

Remmember years ago at a Giants game I think, maybe jets, where a fan threw an ice ball and hit a coach in the head and knocked him out?

Believe the owner of the season tickets got them revoked...even though someone else had used the tix. Not sure if the fan was prosecuted or not.
Old 10-18-18, 12:38 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Anyone can throw beer on me. I wouldnt complain. Maybe would ask that it be cold and unopened though
Exactly. If I was getting paid what these overpaid cry babies are getting paid throw all the beer you want on me.
Old 10-18-18, 12:42 PM
All World

Was it a glass bottle or plastic. If glass, why are they selling glass bottles at a sporting event.
Old 10-18-18, 12:43 PM
All World

The ice ball situation and the Browns throwing beer bottles is different. This guy flung beer, the Browns fans threw projectiles with the intent of causing real harm. I dont think he actually threw the bottle at him. It looked like he got maybe half a beer on him, as he was a few feet away. Out of line, yes, but it isnt that big of a deal IMO.
Old 10-18-18, 12:46 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Was it a glass bottle or plastic. If glass, why are they selling glass bottles at a sporting event.
The video i watched didnt show him throwing a bottle. Just tipping it to the side and flinging beer. If he did throw the beer bottle, my opinion would change.
Old 10-18-18, 12:48 PM
All World

Quote:
The ice ball situation and the Browns throwing beer bottles is different. This guy flung beer. I dont think he actually threw the bottle at him. It looked like he got maybe half a beer on him, as he was a few feet away. Out of line, yes, but it isnt that big of a deal IMO.
After watching the video closer, agreed it is just a little overpriced beer. Have to question the fan's intelligence wasting high priced beer on an overpaid jock.
Old 10-18-18, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The ice ball situation and the Browns throwing beer bottles is different. This guy flung beer. I dont think he actually threw the bottle at him. It looked like he got maybe half a beer on him, as he was a few feet away. Out of line, yes, but it isnt that big of a deal IMO.
Oh I concur. I just was bringing up that situation.

I remember being at the Reds/Mets game when Pete Rose pushed Pallone, people threw stuff all over the field and when the umps went through the dugout someone threw a beer on them.

OH the good ole days!

but anyways, they are just trying to make an example out of this guy. Ban him, make it known that season ticket holders will lose their tix as well even if someone else uses their tix and does something like this.

Make sure they also prosecute people who run onto the field. They pose a bigger danger
Old 10-18-18, 12:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
and the Cleveland Browns rule.....vendors have to take the caps on those plastic bottles!
Old 10-18-18, 01:09 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Oh I concur. I just was bringing up that situation.

I remember being at the Reds/Mets game when Pete Rose pushed Pallone, people threw stuff all over the field and when the umps went through the dugout someone threw a beer on them.

OH the good ole days!

but anyways, they are just trying to make an example out of this guy. Ban him, make it known that season ticket holders will lose their tix as well even if someone else uses their tix and does something like this.

Make sure they also prosecute people who run onto the field. They pose a bigger danger
Yeah and if the fans call the players names ban them too, might hurt the poor rich jocks feelings.
Old 10-18-18, 01:15 PM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
The video i watched didnt show him throwing a bottle. Just tipping it to the side and flinging beer. If he did throw the beer bottle, my opinion would change.
pretty sure they don't sell bottles in any stadium anymore, for this reason. maybe the plastic ones but i know glass bottles aren't sold anymore.
Old 10-18-18, 01:18 PM
All World

It did look ike one of those plastic bottles.
Old 10-18-18, 08:14 PM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Beer? BEER?! SOFT!
Old 10-19-18, 07:11 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
From the look on that guy's face I think he'd already had his day's worth, throwing the remainder away was probably a good idea. Prosecution is not necessary a ban in warranted and a small fine.
Old 10-19-18, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
I always enjoy these bans. How do you enforce that? Is this guys picture going to be hanging at every gate? Checking IDs for admittance?