Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-29-17, 01:32 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
D2 Region 8 Winton Woods v. Chillicothe

Warriors face their toughest challenge yet when they face Chillicothe, I have a hard time seeing the Warriors winning this contest unless they excel at all 3 phases.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-17, 01:35 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Is this a joke?

WW by 35
Old 10-29-17, 01:44 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Ww 55-0
Old 10-29-17, 02:18 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
If we play like we d8d against St. Frances Desalles we should win. If we bring the Moeller or Elder effort it will be close. I like our chances. The coaching staff has done a great job this season.
Old 10-29-17, 02:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Is this a joke?

WW by 35
It's no joke. We are taking every opponent as a potential threat and bringing our best effort on every single play.
Old 10-29-17, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

Beachem did a great job punting Friday in those conditions and when he did lose grip on one of them he picked it up and flew around that edge..i know he's an all state wrestler but I bet he could tear a track up too.
Old 10-29-17, 07:03 PM
All Yappi

Looks like Chillicothe has duel threat QB that is the main weapon of offense. Branden Maugmer. I think he plays CB on defense too. We've put good pressure on QBs all season, I think we might be able to get to him. We've developed really nice depth on defense. 6 man rotation on the dline (hope #34 Is ok), 5 legit LBs and 5 DBs.
Old 10-29-17, 07:09 PM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

Never seen the spirit in Winton Woods backers so worried about a non game. It will take one huge effort for chili to even stay close much less win. should be running clock by third quarter. I really believe Don and Simpson you're really just kidding
Old 10-29-17, 08:13 PM
All Ohio

Central OH Football is on a distinguished road
This has to be a joke.. Chillicothe would lose to DeSales by 30

Winton Woods will choose the score by when they decide to pull the starters
Old 10-29-17, 10:14 PM
Junior Varsity

BuckeyeFB is on a distinguished road
The only thing that would save Chillicothe from losing by 40+ would be a running clock in the first half!
Old 10-29-17, 10:14 PM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
WW by 16
Old 10-30-17, 09:15 AM
All Ohio

pravo13 is on a distinguished road
Any Chillicothe insiders on Yappi? I think the Cavs pull off the shocker of the century.
Old 10-30-17, 09:28 AM
All Region

real_dude is on a distinguished road
Like most, many feel that Winston Woods would be highly favorite team in this match-up to relatively new team (unknown) to the Division II, let alone to Region 8. It will be obvious that the over-all team SIZE and SPEED will favor the Warriors. But, playing discipline football will be the key for the Warriors.

As for my alma mater, they’ll need to continue to play as a team and now with a heart of the underdog. Coach Hinton might need to allow Maughmer to show off his arm to keep pace with the Warriors; there are weapons that can be used! Go out loose and play like everything there’s everything to gain, because many have already counted out!

Start FAST, Play HARD-n-SMART, and Finish STRONG!
Old 10-30-17, 09:37 AM
All Ohio

pravo13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by real_dude View Post
Like most, many feel that Winton Woods would be highly favorite team in this match-up to relatively new team (unknown) to the Division II, let alone to Region 8.
Edgewood gave Lasalle their closest playoff game last year when no one expected it. You never know with so many unknowns.
Old 10-30-17, 10:09 AM
Varsity

noclue is on a distinguished road
WW 42 Chilly 17
Old 10-30-17, 10:11 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeFB View Post
The only thing that would save Chillicothe from losing by 40+ would be a running clock in the first half!
And a lot of stupid penalties by the Warriors. What's the over/under on penalty yards. 120?
Old 10-30-17, 10:26 AM
All Region

real_dude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravo13 View Post
Edgewood gave Lasalle their closest playoff game last year when no one expected it. You never know with so many unknowns.
I totally agree with you Pravo13! What everyone is saying on this forum is bulletin board material for the Cavaliers. If I was playing or coaching, I would use this as another fuel for the fire!

I have been fortunate to see both teams play at different times of the season; Winton Woods vs. Clayton/Englewood Northmont (1st Game) and Chillicothe vs. Hillsboro (Homecoming). A lot of football has transpired between those times.

Grant it, Chillicothe doesn't play the caliber of teams as the Warriors, but it's the size of the fight in the dawg that what counts!
Old 10-30-17, 10:29 AM
All World

CardDad is on a distinguished road
WW by pick a score
Old 10-30-17, 11:15 AM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Lots of foolish comments here. WW head and shoulders better.
Old 10-30-17, 12:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I totally agree with you Pravo13! What everyone is saying on this forum is bulletin board material for the Cavaliers. If I was playing or coaching, I would use this as another fuel for the fire!

I have been fortunate to see both teams play at different times of the season; Winton Woods vs. Clayton/Englewood Northmont (1st Game) and Chillicothe vs. Hillsboro (Homecoming). A lot of football has transpired between those times.

Grant it, Chillicothe doesn't play the caliber of teams as the Warriors, but it's the size of the fight in the dawg that what counts!
Warrior posters are showing Chillicothe the upmost respect because we aren't familiar with the Cavaliers down in these parts. I will tell you that Winton Woods is definitely a much different team than in week one. Just having #60 Lowery back on the oline and #18 Poole on the dline makes a big difference. It makes WW have a real legit look. And there are others who got healthy. #3 Gannaway is another one.
Old 10-30-17, 03:30 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Lots of foolish comments here. WW head and shoulders better.
The Warriors are normally head and shoulders more talented the most teams they play, yet they've fallen short way to many times to take any team lightly. I still feel this game is a pick em.
Old 10-30-17, 03:33 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods

By 28 plus
Old 10-30-17, 03:34 PM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Bout to get pounded
Old 10-30-17, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
If we play like we d8d against St. Frances Desalles we should win. If we bring the Moeller or Elder effort it will be close. I like our chances. The coaching staff has done a great job this season.
Uh world champion sand baggers. Uh everybody knows it will come down to the Woods all-star team and the Lasalle all-star team. Real public schools have no chance.
Old 10-30-17, 09:22 PM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
Warriors face their toughest challenge yet when they face Chillicothe, I have a hard time seeing the Warriors winning this contest unless they excel at all 3 phases.
This truly made me laugh uncontrollably!! Chilli couldn't beat Hartley or Marion Franklin who are exceptional teams what makes you think they will keep it close to a team that beat LaSalle,DeSales,Moeller, Northmont and lost to Elder in ot?
All 5 of these teams beat you like Hartley and M-F!!
Hopefully your alarm clock goes off soon so you can wake up from your dream
Old 10-30-17, 09:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkcaulker9 View Post
This truly made me laugh uncontrollably!! Chilli couldn't beat Hartley or Marion Franklin who are exceptional teams what makes you think they will keep it close to a team that beat LaSalle,DeSales,Moeller, Northmont and lost to Elder in ot?
All 5 of these teams beat you like Hartley and M-F!!
Hopefully your alarm clock goes off soon so you can wake up from your dream
Ummm, mrsimp06 is a Winton Woods backer, trying to be respectful of our opponent.
Old 10-30-17, 09:36 PM
All Yappi

What does Yappiland want Winton Woods supporters to do? Come on here and say this game should be a shut out, with a running clock for the whole second half? If we did that everyone would be accusing us of being arrogant and disrespectful to our opponent. Now we try to be respectful and give our opponent their just due,now we're sandbagging. As a Winton Woods fan I've seen too many games we should had won and beat ourselves. I guarantee you that Coach Parker is pushing this team hard this week. Don't take anyone lightly and don't let up.
Old 10-30-17, 09:42 PM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Ummm, mrsimp06 is a Winton Woods backer, trying to be respectful of our opponent.
Well if that's the case it still made me laugh. No real reason to sugarcoat it Chillicothe isn't close to the competition WW has faced this year. Their posters talked about how fast and physical they were yet the two teams from Columbus mauled them and ran by them like they were a peewee team. It's ok, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck. No shame pointing out the obvious.

Winton Woods 46. Chillibowl 13
Old 10-30-17, 09:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkcaulker9 View Post
Well if that's the case it still made me laugh. No real reason to sugarcoat it Chillicothe isn't close to the competition WW has faced this year. Their posters talked about how fast and physical they were yet the two teams from Columbus mauled them and ran by them like they were a peewee team. It's ok, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck. No shame pointing out the obvious.

Winton Woods 46. Chillibowl 13
What does the Chillicothe special teams look like?
Old 10-30-17, 09:56 PM
All Region

Man Up is on a distinguished road
I believe WW will/ should win with all due respect to Chillicothe, I’ve seen so many times teams let down and relax. This is playoff season everybody is 0-0 and sometimes strange things can happen.

One call here and one call there , our penalties that seem to follow us everywhere, anything can happen, so it’s take one game at a time and don’t underestimate no one

Again, WW is playing really good football and with skill position players, defense? Etc I like us to win