Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-14-18, 03:09 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Bengals pass rush has been abysmal all game. They were lucky to be in the game as long as they were.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-18, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Play before Mixon scored the Bengals went way to early, snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock and then went out of bounds. They had 2 timeouts left, you have to bleed that clock for all you can. Marvin and his clock management again leaves me scratching my head.
Old 10-14-18, 03:12 PM
All Ohio

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Play before Mixon scored the Bengals went way to early, snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock and then went out of bounds. They had 2 timeouts left, you have to bleed that clock for all you can. Marvin and his clock management again leaves me scratching my head.
I don’t blame him for Green going out of bounds, but they’ve should’ve ran the ball more.

It feels like the Bengals are cursed vs the Steelers.
Old 10-14-18, 03:15 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I think anyone with a brain knew the bengals one point lead with 1+ min left wouldn’t stand. Sucks.
Old 10-14-18, 03:21 PM
All Yappi

Just wanted them to take more time. They should have been in the huddle on that 1st down play from the 11. Not saying dont score of course but you have the bleed the clock for all you can, and they didnt.
Old 10-14-18, 03:25 PM
All Ohio

What’s the Pick rule for the NFL? Seemed awfully close to OPI.
Old 10-14-18, 05:32 PM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
I think Cincy might have gotten hosed there.
Old 10-14-18, 05:52 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lapham called in the 700 talk show after the game. Says it wasn't a pick something about the 1 yd rule and the DB pressing the receiver. So if the biggest homer in the NFL isn't complaining time to put it to bed.
Old 10-14-18, 06:05 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Lapham called in the 700 talk show after the game. Says it wasn't a pick something about the 1 yd rule and the DB pressing the receiver. So if the biggest homer in the NFL isn't complaining time to put it to bed.
Laps not a homer.
Old 10-14-18, 06:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Laps not a homer.
Got to admit after hearing his call to 700 I have new found respect. I guess his screaming in the background when the Bengals make a play puts me off a little so homer might be too strong.
Old 10-14-18, 07:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I think anyone with a brain knew the bengals one point lead with 1+ min left wouldn’t stand. Sucks.
The only thing that surprised me is it was a GW TD, not FG. It’s so indicative of the Bengals v Steelers rivalry this guy has the yips but hasn’t missed a kick at PBS.
Old 10-14-18, 08:54 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
CB McRae completely blew it. Everyone, including the original DB on Brown saw it developing as Brown went in motion and even pointed it out to McRae, but he failed to shift to the inside.
Old 10-15-18, 06:45 AM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah. I told my wife with a 1:18 left, that we need a 9 pt cushion.
Old 10-15-18, 08:04 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Laps not a homer.
Yeah, good one.

I thought it was a penalty until I listened to the SNF crew, Harrison and Dungy, stated that according to the league, and the rules, it isn't a penalty because the DB was in press coverage, initiated contact and was in the way of the route and the WR has every right to continue on.

WIth that said, people complain about the prevent defense but then this is a result of doing the opposite...giving up a big play.
Old 10-15-18, 09:22 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
CB McRae completely blew it. Everyone, including the original DB on Brown saw it developing as Brown went in motion and even pointed it out to McRae, but he failed to shift to the inside.
It wasn't McCrae's fault, he gave the signal to Jackson to take the inside, Jackson stayed outside that's why he(McCrae) jammed the receiver to keep him from getting a clean release.
Old 10-15-18, 09:26 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Yeah, good one.

I thought it was a penalty until I listened to the SNF crew, Harrison and Dungy, stated that according to the league, and the rules, it isn't a penalty because the DB was in press coverage, initiated contact and was in the way of the route and the WR has every right to continue on.

WIth that said, people complain about the prevent defense but then this is a result of doing the opposite...giving up a big play.
Going prevent would’ve been a bad decision. Pitt had 3 TOs and only needed to get in FG Range.
Old 10-15-18, 09:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Going prevent would’ve been a bad decision. Pitt had 3 TOs and only needed to get in FG Range.
No saying in this situation per se, but many times when a team easily goes down the field on short passes because of a prevent people blame the prevent and want pressure, but when you put pressure this is what can happen with no real backup plan to stop a guy when he beats the defender.
Old 10-15-18, 10:16 AM
All Yappi

Think Burfict will get fined for his elbow to the head of AB?
Old 10-15-18, 10:18 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
I never felt the Brown TD was a pick play, you can do that a yard or two off the line of scrimmage.

Not sure if anyone has addressed Burfect yet. The guy needs to go. The shot on Brown was cheap and unwarranted. Here's a guy who has been suspended and fined until the cows come home. He simply does not get it. He has to be kicked out of the NFL. Go play football in Canada or arena league. Honestly, I'm not sure the Bengals would put up much of a fight either. I don't think anyone can get through to the guy.
Old 10-15-18, 10:21 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You can't play games too much when you need a TD, especially that close to the goal line. If they run off 15 more seconds and run the ball for 1-yard they have 2nd and 9 from the 10. At that point they're likely throwing the ball on every down until they score or turn it over. Pittsburgh also had 3 timeouts so even if the Bengals were to try and bleed clock, Pitt could have used theirs to ensure there would be at least 45 seconds to a minute left.
Old 10-15-18, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Think Burfict will get fined for his elbow to the head of AB?
Likely. Don't think it was a dirty play or intentional but too much history in this rivalry not to.
Old 10-15-18, 10:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I never felt the Brown TD was a pick play, you can do that a yard or two off the line of scrimmage.

Not sure if anyone has addressed Burfect yet. The guy needs to go. The shot on Brown was cheap and unwarranted. Here's a guy who has been suspended and fined until the cows come home. He simply does not get it. He has to be kicked out of the NFL. Go play football in Canada or arena league. Honestly, I'm not sure the Bengals would put up much of a fight either. I don't think anyone can get through to the guy.
Burfict is a clown and he's been given every chance by the Bengals but you're overreacting again, per usual. AB ducked his head to brace for the blow with Bates, Burfict came in with two hands and a shoulder - would have hit him square between the 8-4 if he was standing upright. It's worthy of a fine, but this isn't one of his dirtier plays IMO.
Old 10-15-18, 11:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Likely. Don't think it was a dirty play or intentional but too much history in this rivalry not to.
It was def intentional and also dirty
Old 10-15-18, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You can't play games too much when you need a TD, especially that close to the goal line. If they run off 15 more seconds and run the ball for 1-yard they have 2nd and 9 from the 10. At that point they're likely throwing the ball on every down until they score or turn it over. Pittsburgh also had 3 timeouts so even if the Bengals were to try and bleed clock, Pitt could have used theirs to ensure there would be at least 45 seconds to a minute left.
I'm certainly not saying play games and not score. Score when you can but I just felt they were too rushed. They acted as if they had 80 yards to go with 40 seconds and no timeouts. I'm just saying huddle up, get the right play call, calm everyone down. There was no reason to snap the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock when Pittsburgh was letting it run. And then to go out of bounds? Just a strange sequence. I just thought it was botched, but I'm used to that from a Marvin coached team.
Old 10-15-18, 12:31 PM
All World

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...47628960399361

Looks to be unnecessary and given his rep I bet he gets a fine.
Old 10-15-18, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Burfict is a clown and he's been given every chance by the Bengals but you're overreacting again, per usual. AB ducked his head to brace for the blow with Bates, Burfict came in with two hands and a shoulder - would have hit him square between the 8-4 if he was standing upright. It's worthy of a fine, but this isn't one of his dirtier plays IMO.
Much of that is true but you def see his arm/elbow give an extra oomph to the head.

He knew what he was doing.
Old 10-15-18, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It was def intentional and also dirty
We'll agree to disagree. This wasn't close to one of his dirtier plays.
Old 10-15-18, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

Just took a look at that last play for the 1st time and I do think it was PI. Not saying they still would not have scored but that could/should have been called. McRae appeared to be moving to the inside to cover Brown when the Steeler receiver initiated contact more than a yard down field and well before the ball was thrown. Still, that is probably called maybe 30% of the time.

Oh well, what's done is done. Need to get ready to score at least 35 next week.
Old 10-15-18, 03:15 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just took a look at that last play for the 1st time and I do think it was PI. Not saying they still would not have scored but that could/should have been called. McRae appeared to be moving to the inside to cover Brown when the Steeler receiver initiated contact more than a yard down field and well before the ball was thrown. Still, that is probably called maybe 30% of the time.

Oh well, what's done is done. Need to get ready to score at least 35 next week.
Nope, Al Riveron said the defender initiated contact so that's got to be the case.
Old 10-15-18, 03:42 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
We must have looked at two different film clips. The one I saw, Burfect took his elbow/ forearm and made a direct shot to the head of Brown. Almost you could call it a punch. I'm not sure that's a football play.