Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-12-17, 12:15 PM
Varsity

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Any GWOC rumors out there??
Old 10-12-17, 12:44 PM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog5704 View Post
Id be surprised if Sizer left willingly, his kid is a frosh there. And I doubt wb is going to force him out.

Im shocked lefker was still there this year...interested to see who they get to coach there.
The state of the program at WB is terrible. They have to fix something...
Old 10-12-17, 01:20 PM
All District

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Niles should have already fired Shaner and should be actively searching for his replacement. The Red Dragons are 0-7 for the first time in their 120 year history and the record is the least of their problems.
Old 10-12-17, 05:36 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
They should consider Mike Cramer. He was instrumental in building the Marion Local foundation that Tim Goodwin leveraged to several state titles. Coach Cramer also has coaching experience at Ottawa-Glandorf, Fostoria, Clyde, and National Trail.
Didn't Marion Local run him out of town?
Old 10-12-17, 05:38 PM
All Region

Champ Kind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Didn't Marion Local run him out of town?

Stupidly, yes. He made some tough decisions that needed to be made. They didn’t like it but it laid the foundation for the dynasty they’ve experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-17, 05:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Stupidly, yes. He made some tough decisions that needed to be made. They didn’t like it but it laid the foundation for the dynasty they’ve experienced.

How old would he be now? Versailles would need a coach for the long haul not just 2 years. Don't know anything about coach Cramer, his coaching style, or his offensive philosophy so I can't comment on any of that.

I think John Zerbe, former Spencerville coach, would be a decent candidate. He stepped down there after last season to focus on being A.D. Would Brad Luthman consider returning to his Alma Mater? Just pondering ideas.
Old 10-12-17, 05:52 PM
All Region

Not sure about Coach Cramer’s age but I know he has the passion. That keeps guys going for a long time.

Old 10-12-17, 06:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not sure about Coach Cramer’s age but I know he has the passion. That keeps guys going for a long time.

Has he coached anywhere recently?
Old 10-12-17, 06:13 PM
All Region

Yes. He has been an assistant at Clyde.

Old 10-12-17, 06:17 PM
All District

knight123 is on a distinguished road
Nordonia needs a new coach. Program has been on it's way down while Fox has been there. Can't adapt his style to the kids he has
Old 10-12-17, 06:53 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight123 View Post
Nordonia needs a new coach. Program has been on it's way down while Fox has been there. Can't adapt his style to the kids he has
They played in the DII Championship just two years ago under Fox, you doofus This might be the first losing season since he took it over after 2 years under .500

Now, that said, the best coaches tailor the system to the players. Sure, the spread O is tough without the right athletes. Nordy's talent is wa-a-a-ay down. Don't bag on the Coach when the Jimmys and Joes just aren't there. It's a closed enrollment DII, for God's sake.
Old 10-12-17, 06:58 PM
All Yappi

It sure sounds like a great offer that Nate Moore just got. I think he's ready to run an FCS program.

Who do you guys think that the Tigers will get to replace him ?
Old 10-12-17, 07:27 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
They played in the DII Championship just two years ago under Fox, you doofus This might be the first losing season since he took it over after 2 years under .500

Now, that said, the best coaches tailor the system to the players. Sure, the spread O is tough without the right athletes. Nordy's talent is wa-a-a-ay down. Don't bag on the Coach when the Jimmys and Joes just aren't there. It's a closed enrollment DII, for God's sake.
Well aware where they were two years ago. He had a good class with an OSU recruit and a few others. Kids don't identify with him. Numbers are way down and the guy can't figure out when to punt. Learn some football and come back to me Junior!
Old 10-12-17, 07:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
It sure sounds like a great offer that Nate Moore just got. I think he's ready to run an FCS program.

Who do you guys think that the Tigers will get to replace him ?
What offer did he get?
Old 10-12-17, 07:41 PM
All District

Oh, and following Huge who went 2-8 3 years in a row, not sub 500 two years in a row anyone would have looked good after that train wreck.

And I'm from a time before that when Boeddicker was around so don't think it's a kid on the team not getting playing time that concerns me! He's not a good coach. Had a raging maniac for a def coordinator and he is well known around officiating circles to be a huge whiner. It's embarrassing watching him from the stands.
Old 10-13-17, 04:59 AM
All Ohio

bulldog5704 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
The state of the program at WB is terrible. They have to fix something...
You're not wrong...i think a big issue is he's trying to stick with the spread which already isnt his preferred style on O and his OC that he got to replace Essig just aint getting it done.
Old 10-13-17, 05:43 AM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog5704 View Post
You're not wrong...i think a big issue is he's trying to stick with the spread which already isnt his preferred style on O and his OC that he got to replace Essig just aint getting it done.
True. I don't think Sizer is THE issue. WB in general doesn't always have the athletics it should. It starts at the top and I could be wrong but I don't think they have many coaches, at least in football, in the building. The Broncos should have 75+ on the sidelines on Friday nights and should be able to have sustained success.
Old 10-13-17, 05:58 AM
All Ohio

bulldog5704 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
True. I don't think Sizer is THE issue. WB in general doesn't always have the athletics it should. It starts at the top and I could be wrong but I don't think they have many coaches, at least in football, in the building. The Broncos should have 75+ on the sidelines on Friday nights and should be able to have sustained success.
They definitely dont have a ton of staff period, let alone in the buidling. Administration has seemed to always been an issue even from Sizers first stint.
Old 10-13-17, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oh, and following Huge who went 2-8 3 years in a row, not sub 500 two years in a row anyone would have looked good after that train wreck.

And I'm from a time before that when Boeddicker was around so don't think it's a kid on the team not getting playing time that concerns me! He's not a good coach. Had a raging maniac for a def coordinator and he is well known around officiating circles to be a huge whiner. It's embarrassing watching him from the stands.
Here's a topper for you - I have family that played for Bill Boliantz. I was a big fan of John Murphy. My family has been around longer than there has been a Northfield Village and a Sagamore Hills.

Terry Forbes isn't coming back. Fox is fine. The whiner is you. You embarrass me.....you remind me of brian, actually..
Old 10-13-17, 09:39 AM
All District

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
I am going to reiterate my point about Niles. Saw them in person last night and I don't think I have ever seen a more poorly coached team in my life. Scheme on both sides of the ball was just horrible. Fundamentals are completely non existent. But the kicker was Coaches laughing, smiling and joking around on the sidelines at the end of a 42-3 loss. It was really pathetic.
Old 10-13-17, 09:57 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
I am going to reiterate my point about Niles. Saw them in person last night and I don't think I have ever seen a more poorly coached team in my life. Scheme on both sides of the ball was just horrible. Fundamentals are completely non existent. But the kicker was Coaches laughing, smiling and joking around on the sidelines at the end of a 42-3 loss. It was really pathetic.
boys soccer and football have combined for zero wins. lol
Old 10-13-17, 12:36 PM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
Lakota West will be looking for a new coach if the parents have anything to say about it. Never has a coach done so little with so much for so long
So true. If they ever get a competent coach there the Colerain stranglehold on the GMC will finally fall.
Old 10-13-17, 12:57 PM
Junior Varsity

Garth Algar is on a distinguished road
Fenwick? After Snively's resignation, Aregood was hired as interim head coach. They are going to finish 6-4 after a 1-4 start.

Do they open it up after the season? Hire Aregood? Not sure of his age but he has been around for a while. Anyone else on staff that could take over the head spot?

The current principal at Fenwick came from Moeller. Any coaches from Moeller looking for new jobs at the end of this year?
Old 10-13-17, 01:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Here's a topper for you - I have family that played for Bill Boliantz. I was a big fan of John Murphy. My family has been around longer than there has been a Northfield Village and a Sagamore Hills.

Terry Forbes isn't coming back. Fox is fine. The whiner is you. You embarrass me.....you remind me of brian, actually..
Maybe we should name Nordonia after you. Done some research and with your 13 million posts here I wish you had put that time in the program. I'll put my time working for the program against your blog time. Had you spent half that time doing something for Nordonia athletics I'd know who you are! I made a statement about coaching changes needed, that was what the thread was about. If you don't think fox has a reputation around the refs maybe talk to some of them them. You entered the fray with doofus! I had an opinion and I've earned it. Have your opinion thats fine. Don't disrespect others if you don't want the disrespect back.
Old 10-13-17, 03:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Maybe we should name Nordonia after you. Done some research and with your 13 million posts here I wish you had put that time in the program. I'll put my time working for the program against your blog time. Had you spent half that time doing something for Nordonia athletics I'd know who you are! I made a statement about coaching changes needed, that was what the thread was about. If you don't think fox has a reputation around the refs maybe talk to some of them them. You entered the fray with doofus! I had an opinion and I've earned it. Have your opinion thats fine. Don't disrespect others if you don't want the disrespect back.
My kids, their friends, and I thank you for all of your service to the program. I'll take your word for it.

I can tell you that you have no idea what I may or may not have done myself, but I have no desire for naming rights. Just keep Bill Sr's name up there, and I'll be fine.

Since you've been around so long working so hard and I spend so much time in here, maybe you can tell me why you had so little to say against Coach Fox and the former Nordonia DC Coach Russ when they were winning ?

So, you post this and get a response out of me -

Quote:
Nordonia .......Program has been on it's way down while Fox has been there. .......
Then you post this -

Quote:
Well aware where they were two years ago....(DII Championship game)

....and this -

Quote:
Oh, and following Huge who went 2-8 3 years in a row, ....
After you had started with "....on it's way down while Fox has been there..."?

Your respect could literally not mean any less to me, based upon the contradictory statements in one thread by a coward that takes shots when a Coach is down. No research required. No respect from me warranted, either...........doofus.
Old 10-13-17, 04:42 PM
All District

Your right don't post much on here so I didn't complain while he won but don't you think I liked him much then either. He lost more than a couple games with his gimmick no punt philosophy. Again thread asked about schools needing a change. I gave my opinion. The kids don't identify with him. I don't think he is a good coach again my opinion. Didn't insult him, maybe I insulted Huge calling that time a train wreck but I like Al he just isn't a manager. I can see from your respect comments and your ego around you don't care what I'm dealing with so have fun with your return on this. I'm done. I love yappi to read because there is tremendous folks on here super intelligent about the game. Been to almost 200 different teams now and met some of the Yappi legends. Then every once in a while I post and get wrapped up in idiots like you
Old 10-13-17, 07:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Your right don't post much on here so I didn't complain while he won but don't you think I liked him much then either. He lost more than a couple games with his gimmick no punt philosophy. Again thread asked about schools needing a change. I gave my opinion. The kids don't identify with him. I don't think he is a good coach again my opinion. Didn't insult him, maybe I insulted Huge calling that time a train wreck but I like Al he just isn't a manager. I can see from your respect comments and your ego around you don't care what I'm dealing with so have fun with your return on this. I'm done. I love yappi to read because there is tremendous folks on here super intelligent about the game. Been to almost 200 different teams now and met some of the Yappi legends. Then every once in a while I post and get wrapped up in idiots like you
Well, it didn't ask that^ at all. Here's the original post -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrville Man View Post
What schools will be looking for a new coach in 2018 ?
If you said you don't like Fox and his methods, and wished he was going, that's sharing one's opinion. Fine. I could respect that.

You completely misrepresented the real situation - told a lie, actually - and then didn't like getting called on it.

I'd have to say the ego-driven BS is coming from you.
Old 10-13-17, 10:06 PM
Junior Varsity

WGH MAN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WGH MAN Send a message via MSN to WGH MAN
How about Warren G Harding? Arnold is about ready to retire to NC now that Bowden is gone and he can't attract good assistant coaches to stay longer than a year if that long. He has a hell of a lot of coaches for a D2 staff, doubt their # has gone down from when they were D1, however the quality sure has in some parts opinion. Be interesting who applies to fill the void when Steve leaves town.
Old 10-13-17, 11:18 PM
All District

nordodox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, it didn't ask that^ at all. Here's the original post -

If you said you don't like Fox and his methods, and wished he was going, that's sharing one's opinion. Fine. I could respect that.

You completely misrepresented the real situation - told a lie, actually - and then didn't like getting called on it.

I'd have to say the ego-driven BS is coming from you.
Wow. Put your magnifying glass away Cabeza. You're the doofus here. Perfect example just tonight - 4th and 4 from your 34 with around 3 minutes remaining in the half tied at 14. Do you punt? Not Fox - and GOD knows how many times he's put his team in this position over the years! CFalls holds and runs it down your throat to take a 20-14 halftime lead. Smart? Somehow, I just don't think so.

Fox KNEW coming in he had a talented group of eight and ninth graders that might just have the potential to carry him deep into a playoff run later. Murray's senior year was what put him over the top. He should have been starting or seeing playing time his junior year, instead, he was getting creamed in JV games as a junior. Fox didn't see it, others did.

Finally, I've seen PLENTY of his sideline antics with total losses of composure and classless disrespect to players, the game, and opponents. Refs know darn well just what to expect.

Dad's retired and no help on offense. Russ, another loose cannon on the field, with no respect for the game, and neither of them seemed to be able to teach any of their young men simple tackling basics these past few years. Russ is exactly where he belongs, with another nut in Euclid. Fox - he might be better off working an east side program he grew up in. Time to move in - this program deserves better.

Crazy as it might seem, Brian is FINALLY right, coaching sucks! I wholeheartedly agree with Knights123 - time for him to go.
Old 10-14-17, 10:11 AM
Freshman

OriginalFalconII is on a distinguished road
Wilmington Hurricanes