Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-09-17, 10:04 PM
All Ohio

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
McK vs Glen Oak

McK off a sound defeat of Jackson. GO on a short week after a tough loss to Iggy.

On paper McK should roll. On the field, I don't think so.

Jackson kids have a little pee down their leg when McK lines up, but GO has no such reaction. GO has tough kids and coach.

If Mck keeps racking up the penalties and keeps giving the GO quarterback posessions, they could have trouble.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-17, 10:06 PM
All American

Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
McK vs Glen Oak

Like GO to pull off the upset. McKinley is a very undisciplined team and commit a lot of mental errors which will catch up to them.

Garcia and GO will have enough momentum after a great performance against Ignatius to capitalize on these mistakes.
Old 10-09-17, 10:16 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Or....

McK by 20
Old 10-09-17, 10:24 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Jackson kids have a little pee down their leg when McK lines up, but GO has no such reaction.
Good lord, Lucy. I trust that my post won't be disappearing?

Anyway... maybe GlenOak showed us a little more of what they were capable of against Iggy last Saturday. This was an upset last year and it isn't outside the realm of possibility it could happen again. As you say, McKinley should win on paper, but the gulf between the two teams is not large. If GlenOak (or Perry) can force Curtis to try to win the game with his arm, I don't think he pulls it off. Much easier said than done though.
Old 10-10-17, 01:56 AM
Varsity

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post

Anyway... maybe GlenOak showed us a little more of what they were capable of against Iggy last Saturday. This was an upset last year and it isn't outside the realm of possibility it could happen again. As you say, McKinley should win on paper, but the gulf between the two teams is not large. If GlenOak (or Perry) can force Curtis to try to win the game with his arm, I don't think he pulls it off. Much easier said than done though.
McKinley is very balanced, so trying to force McKinley to pass doesn't bother them. They will simply pass and score faster.
Old 10-10-17, 05:20 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
McK off a sound defeat of Jackson. GO on a short week after a tough loss to Iggy.

On paper McK should roll. On the field, I don't think so.

Jackson kids have a little pee down their leg when McK lines up, but GO has no such reaction. GO has tough kids and coach.

If Mck keeps racking up the penalties and keeps giving the GO quarterback posessions, they could have trouble.
LOL. I'm sorry but you have to be comatose to not find this funny. Good way to start the day.
Old 10-10-17, 06:04 AM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post

I agree that GlenOak is more capable than their record reflects. That said, I think McKinley would be better positioned to win as a one-dimensional pass team than GlenOak.

If McKinley shows up and plays solid football, they win. If they're sloppy and unfocused, they lose.
Old 10-10-17, 02:45 PM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
It's a real possibility that McK. is the 4th best team the Eagles have played this year, granted we didn't beat any of them but we gave them all a game. I said I wouldn't be surprised if we won but I'm going to change that to I'll be surprised if we lose.

IT'S TIME
Old 10-10-17, 10:00 PM
All Ohio

Let's review so far:

Jax just got waxed by Mck in a game not as close as the final score indicates. Now Jax fans are confident that GO can do what they could not, implying that GO is better than they are.

Let's see how great GO is when they face Jax. My guess is all of a sudden GO won't be as highly rated.
Old 10-10-17, 10:46 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
First of all, Jackson has played Mck surprisingly tough over the years imo. Though tough matchup obviously. "Blue collar" Perry, GO, Lake, not so much. And I don't see anyone from Jackson bragging about their football program. Though they've certainly passed McKinley in baseball (duh) and, heaven forbid - BASKETBALL??? Ouch!

Secondly, you better HOPE McKinley does not pee down their leg against Massillon - again. This is actually the 1st year I can remember not considering it a must win for us. Kind of a law of averages thing. Looks like we get in regardless, and it is good for such a great rivalry when the other team wins every so often. Especially new NFL field and all. If not I guess you could always consolidate a couple other Cantons out there, but it's getting kinda ridiculous no?
Old 10-10-17, 10:58 PM
All Yappi

McK93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
First of all, Jackson has played Mck surprisingly tough over the years imo. Though tough matchup obviously. "Blue collar" Perry, GO, Lake, not so much. And I don't see anyone from Jackson bragging about their football program. Though they've certainly passed McKinley in baseball (duh) and, heaven forbid - BASKETBALL??? Ouch!

Secondly, you better HOPE McKinley does not pee down their leg against Massillon - again. This is actually the 1st year I can remember not considering it a must win for us. Kind of a law of averages thing. Looks like we get in regardless, and it is good for such a great rivalry when the other team wins every so often. Especially new NFL field and all. If not I guess you could always consolidate a couple other Cantons out there, but it's getting kinda ridiculous no?
What does this have to do with GlenOak vs Mckinley?
Old 10-10-17, 11:01 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by McK93 View Post
What does this have to do with GlenOak vs Mckinley?
I don't know ask your boy. I see a troll talking smack, and just wanted to jump in. My bad.

I got McKinley. Definitely favored in this one. Better win now though!
Old 10-11-17, 05:31 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
LOL. I'm sorry but you have to be comatose to not find this funny. Good way to start the day.
Thanks.
Old 10-11-17, 05:34 AM
All Ohio

Mck gets a lot of penalties, most of them deserved. So far they have done enough good things to overcome the negatives. That's a dangerous way to play the game. Against a quality opponent they will lose. Could it be this week?
Old 10-11-17, 11:32 AM
Varsity

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mck gets a lot of penalties, most of them deserved. So far they have done enough good things to overcome the negatives. That's a dangerous way to play the game. Against a quality opponent they will lose. Could it be this week?
Teams that peak too soon flop in the playoffs. I don't like the penalties, but i'm also glad the team realizes it still has a lot of work to do to get better in week 8.
Old 10-11-17, 06:29 PM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Will enjoy the game Friday night on the 50 in my padded seat no matter the score,hope you all enjoy the evening whatever you do as much as I will...BAM!
Old 10-11-17, 08:52 PM
All District

Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
This could be a trap game for MCK but it also may be hard for GO to play on emotion two weeks in a row.

GO's QB is fast but runs high, not very shifty and takes too many direct hits, he looks to run first so if the dogs come to ht it could be a long night.
Old 10-11-17, 09:11 PM
All District

Red Right 88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
It's a real possibility that McK. is the 4th best team the Eagles have played this year, granted we didn't beat any of them but we gave them all a game. I said I wouldn't be surprised if we won but I'm going to change that to I'll be surprised if we lose.

IT'S TIME
Don't cut yourself short, you gave Green a game too so there's that. Congrats!!
Old 10-11-17, 09:25 PM
All District

Red Right 88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a fan View Post
If McKinley shows up and plays tackle football, they win. If they're sloppy and unfocused, but Garcia is on the GO sideline, they still win.
Fixed.
Old 10-11-17, 09:32 PM
All Ohio

Purple Hayes
Quote:
Let's review so far:

Jax just got waxed by Mck in a game not as close as the final score indicates.
Sure, ja9off...it was a 4 point game with 9:00 left in 4th Qtr but keep telling yourself that. hardly "peeing down the leg". Better team that night won but your interpretation is F'd up as usual.
Old 10-12-17, 05:31 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Quote:
Let's review so far:

Jax just got waxed by Mck in a game not as close as the final score indicates. Now Jax fans are confident that GO can do what they could not, implying that GO is better than they are.

Let's see how great GO is when they face Jax. My guess is all of a sudden GO won't be as highly rated.
McKinley won by 12 and was up 4 going to the 4th. I know Jackson scored late to make that final score what it was but that game was close for 3+ qtrs.

Really thought GlenOak would get mercy clocked vs Ignatius. Their schedule was just a bit too tough this year and they needed to be a little more dynamic on offense to beat some of those teams.

GO allowed a season high 41 to Jackson however they coughed up the ball a lot.
Old 10-12-17, 06:05 AM
All Ohio

The game was not as close as the final score indicated is a direct reference to Jackson touchdown on the last play. Thinking people understand that but trolls want to take a shot at me or McK I guess. McK won by 18 and held Palotta to 120 yards passing before the last play but if everyone needs to remember it as being a nail biter then by all means. McK has won ten straight but like the one guy said a few of the games were close so

The topic of this thread is McK and Glen Oak.

Eagle 62 says GO is a lock to win. My guess is that its close for a half and then Mck speed and tempo takes over. But if McK has as many penalties against GO as they did last week GO could steal it.
Old 10-12-17, 06:41 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
The only person pissing down their leg was you when you had my post deleted, bud.

You know no one is taking a shot at McK. Lots of statements going around like "the better team won" or "it was close until the fourth quarter"... both undeniably true. You're a grown man picking on the kids at this point. Why continue the troll? Doesn't reflect well on someone who can otherwise be very intelligent.
Old 10-12-17, 07:13 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
McKinley will roll in this game. Start coloring your eggs.
Old 10-12-17, 08:03 AM
Freshman

ScirE is on a distinguished road
Every week on here its "(Enter opponent here) will keep it close or will beat McK"...

But the results don't lie:
Week 1- Win by 21
Week 2 - Win by 38
Week 3 - Win by 12 but third team played most of the second half when it was a running clock. McK wins by 30 easily if they keep the starters in against a 6-1 Hudson team.
Week 4 - Win by 24
Week 5 - Win by 8 - only game that has been tough for the Pups to date vs Hoover
Week 6 - Win by 36
Week 7 - Win by 12, but really 18 with that last second meaningless TD

Only one game has been close the entire year so far.

Pups by 21.
Old 10-12-17, 08:32 AM
Building Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Right 88 View Post
Red , you will be the first I rub it in on Friday night, and you will be the first I congratulate if the unthinkable happens. I haven't been cocky on here or made crazy predictions for years but I'm very confident the Eagles will win.
Old 10-12-17, 08:39 AM
Building Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Will enjoy the game Friday night on the 50 in my padded seat no matter the score,hope you all enjoy the evening whatever you do as much as I will...BAM!

Hey Raymo, I'll be in row 4 , look me up, I'll be the guy in GREEN and GOLD.
Old 10-12-17, 08:42 AM
All American

88streaks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
Like GO to pull off the upset. McKinley is a very undisciplined team and commit a lot of mental errors which will catch up to them.

Garcia and GO will have enough momentum after a great performance against Ignatius to capitalize on these mistakes.
"McKinley is a very undisciplined team and commit a lot of mental errors"

The rest of us are talking about Canton McKinley. Not sure what McKinley team you are talking about. I'm completely impressed with what Reardon has done at McK. The reason they are 7-0 is because they ARE disciplined and DON'T commit mental errors. It is completely possible that Glenoak beats them.....the games are played for a reason & Glenoak had a very good showing against Iggy. However, I must say, I don't see the undisciplined/mental errors you speak of.
Old 10-12-17, 09:06 AM
Building Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Right 88 View Post
By the way, Green is not a bad team , their 4 loses are to teams with 7-0, 6-1, 6-1, and 6-1 records, and McK. and Perry are the only teams that beat them up.
Old 10-12-17, 10:04 AM
All American

Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88streaks View Post
"McKinley is a very undisciplined team and commit a lot of mental errors"

The rest of us are talking about Canton McKinley. Not sure what McKinley team you are talking about. I'm completely impressed with what Reardon has done at McK. The reason they are 7-0 is because they ARE disciplined and DON'T commit mental errors. It is completely possible that Glenoak beats them.....the games are played for a reason & Glenoak had a very good showing against Iggy. However, I must say, I don't see the undisciplined/mental errors you speak of.

Really? In every single game this year McKinley has had more penalties than their opponent save one game-Lake which it didn't matter at all because they were vastly superior.

For the season they are over 500 penalty yards. Against Hudson their mental errors and penalties almost let them back in the game.

This is one of the most talented McKinley teams I've seen in recent memory but let's not virtue signal to negate their glaring flaw. They are too good a team to get an undeserved L because of mental errors/penalties.