Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-09-17, 05:15 PM
Varsity

WJfan4life is on a distinguished road
West Jefferson 7-0 @ Northeastern 1-6

WOW week 8 here already. hope for a cool dry night for football.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-17, 05:28 PM
All Region

Jet19 is on a distinguished road
Northeastern - 82
West Jefferson - 6

lol In all honesty I just hope NE can put together 4 quarters of football. Even against probably the best team in the OHC.

I am saying
West Jefferson - 36
Northeastern -14
Old 10-10-17, 08:45 AM
Freshman

oleballcoach45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
Northeastern - 82
West Jefferson - 6

lol In all honesty I just hope NE can put together 4 quarters of football. Even against probably the best team in the OHC.

I am saying
West Jefferson - 36
Northeastern -14
36-14... you are being to kind to NE! The lack of ability and coaching ability and willingness to change as the game evolves, will and has been the down fall of NE this season. No halftime adjustments and terrible defensive and offensive plays have been the Achilles heel for this staff and players. Jets may muster 21 points out of the last three weeks total. As I have read the changes that have been made at NE over the Houseman era seems like the DC has not change but according to you and DA Plane Da Plane the OC has changed and O-line coach has changed, maybe the DC needs to go as well. (Just a outside thought) Hopefully the Jets have a great off-season that maybe cleans house and brings in new blood and a fresh sense of rebuilding so that next season they can make a run a being a competitive force in the North instead of a door mat!
Old 10-10-17, 10:19 AM
Freshman

da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleballcoach45 View Post
36-14... you are being to kind to NE! The lack of ability and coaching ability and willingness to change as the game evolves, will and has been the down fall of NE this season. No halftime adjustments and terrible defensive and offensive plays have been the Achilles heel for this staff and players. Jets may muster 21 points out of the last three weeks total. As I have read the changes that have been made at NE over the Houseman era seems like the DC has not change but according to you and DA Plane Da Plane the OC has changed and O-line coach has changed, maybe the DC needs to go as well. (Just a outside thought) Hopefully the Jets have a great off-season that maybe cleans house and brings in new blood and a fresh sense of rebuilding so that next season they can make a run a being a competitive force in the North instead of a door mat!
Correct. The way I understand it, is that the old OC was let go so the SCC boys could come in with their wisdom. I would imagine that WJ will pull their starters in the 2nd half. But it could seriously be a 56-0 spread at half. Not enough hats to be thrown to help the Jets this Friday. Just hope that no-one gets hurt and they start building an environment where they play kids at the best positions....not where the kids (or kids fathers) want them to play.
Old 10-10-17, 10:49 PM
Varsity

Cville-OMW is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately sounds like a mess at NW!!! Hopefully they can get some new blood in there and try to rebuild to at least a competitive level. I know it is no comfort but all schools have gone through some tough years. WJ included as they were getting beat up on and in a rough stretch before getting our current coach. It took him 2-3 years before he got things back on track.
I would still like to see WJ come out strong this week with no let downs.
Old 10-11-17, 09:20 AM
All Region

If West Jefferson has even moderate success in the passing game they should win fairly easily. If the JETS play their best QB at QB it might be a better game than people think.
Old 10-11-17, 12:06 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
If West Jefferson has even moderate success in the passing game they should win fairly easily. If the JETS play their best QB at QB it might be a better game than people think.
Well we know Coach Hat Thrower doesn't play the best players in the their best positions on the field! The Best QB is the lefty but upon some further digging and talking with some others at the Pee Wee games I have learned that the QB they have been player in front of the lefty, is the son of one of the Coaches... I am guessing that is what Da-Plan Da-Plane has been talking about! If this is true it is an utter shame and it is truly terrible when a coach is blinded by nepotism and allows it to take away from a TEAM Sport. Now if the son of the coach is better than so be it but watching them twice this season and several over the last three season in my opinion it is not even close! Also I hear so much about how this Pee Wee team of NE is so great and that is nice, and that there are some athletes coming up... but it doesn't mean anything if there isn't a culture that is better than what is there now! I have seen some great teams at NE I have some some lean and sloppy and bad teams at NE but never have I seen the winless culture that I see there now.
Old 10-12-17, 06:20 AM
Freshman

da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleballcoach45 View Post
Well we know Coach Hat Thrower doesn't play the best players in the their best positions on the field! The Best QB is the lefty but upon some further digging and talking with some others at the Pee Wee games I have learned that the QB they have been player in front of the lefty, is the son of one of the Coaches... I am guessing that is what Da-Plan Da-Plane has been talking about! If this is true it is an utter shame and it is truly terrible when a coach is blinded by nepotism and allows it to take away from a TEAM Sport. Now if the son of the coach is better than so be it but watching them twice this season and several over the last three season in my opinion it is not even close! Also I hear so much about how this Pee Wee team of NE is so great and that is nice, and that there are some athletes coming up... but it doesn't mean anything if there isn't a culture that is better than what is there now! I have seen some great teams at NE I have some some lean and sloppy and bad teams at NE but never have I seen the winless culture that I see there now.
Correct. The qb in front of the lefty is that coach's son. The lefty actually set a couple school records his soph year when the current qb's brother got hurt....yes, he was a qb too. Even in the stands at games, people will talk about how good this class was in pee-wee. I'm sorry, pee-wee is not football. It just isn't. Yeah it's fun to watch (sometimes), but it has no prediction on how a high school program is going to perform...especially when the coaching is daddy ball.
Old 10-12-17, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Lambert (West Jeff) is probably the most polished passer in the OHC, completing roughly 65% of his passes for an average of 16.5 yards per completion. The Dispatch doesn't have TD/INT stats, but I'm thinking that a couple weeks ago he had 9-10 TDs and only 2 picks. NE might be able to hang for a little bit, but West Jeff's passing game will eventually blow them away as they fail (yet again) to make adjustments as the game progresses.
Old 10-12-17, 11:48 AM
Freshman

ClarkCountyFB is an unknown quantity at this point
NE switched from the spread to Wing T...IMO that plays big part in the switch at the QB position. The lefty seems to be the best power runner and has been moved to RB in the new offense...SE made a similar switch this season moving their QB to RB/FB
Old 10-12-17, 11:59 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkCountyFB View Post
NE switched from the spread to Wing T...IMO that plays big part in the switch at the QB position. The lefty seems to be the best power runner and has been moved to RB in the new offense...SE made a similar switch this season moving their QB to RB/FB
I am sorry but DA-PLANE DA-PLANE has it correct! The wing T hasn't been run at NE in three years. With a spread offense having a dual threat QB is what an OC wants... Power runner I do not see the Lefty as a power back he is a good dual threat QB. NE situation and the SE situation were way different watching SE early the decision making on behalf of the former QB was not the part so in turn their change was a good change! NE doesn't pose well for their offense.
Old 10-12-17, 12:24 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I would add that probably the biggest factor in the final score of this game is going to be NE's level of mental engagement. We're starting to get to the time of year where struggling teams, especially those with some disgruntlement, start to pack it in when challenged or facing a good team. I hope the Jets play with some pride and fight. Given their record, remaining schedule, and what's been put out there on here regarding coaching, etc. it would be easy to throw in the towel and get blasted these last three weeks.
Old 10-12-17, 01:47 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I would add that probably the biggest factor in the final score of this game is going to be NE's level of mental engagement. We're starting to get to the time of year where struggling teams, especially those with some disgruntlement, start to pack it in when challenged or facing a good team. I hope the Jets play with some pride and fight. Given their record, remaining schedule, and what's been put out there on here regarding coaching, etc. it would be easy to throw in the towel and get blasted these last three weeks.
Running Clock all the second and knowing Coach Hat Thrower he may ask for a running clock to start the game! Seeing what happened to them last week the Towel has been dropped in the corner and instead the amazing coaching staff will be running down the hill waving the white flag instead of the NE flag for the final 3 games!
Old 10-12-17, 11:00 PM
Varsity

Cville-OMW is on a distinguished road
Hey gang any goodies to look forward to in concession stand???
Old 10-13-17, 07:43 AM
All Region

They used to have good walking tacos at NE. Not sure if they still do.
Old 10-13-17, 02:36 PM
All Region

Game will be broadcast on http://readyfm.com/ Good luck to both teams. All the Yappi Yapping doesn't matter when the pad start clacking. Hopefully the JETS can put together 4 quarters tonight and get some young guys experience against the best no matter what the scoreboard says at the end.

Last edited by Jet19; 10-13-17 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-13-17, 02:39 PM
All Region

They have a visitor and home concessions at NE. Now I am not sure if the visitor concessions has everything the home side does? I watch from afar these days.
Old 10-13-17, 04:11 PM
Varsity

roughriderpride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Lambert (West Jeff) is probably the most polished passer in the OHC, completing roughly 65% of his passes for an average of 16.5 yards per completion. The Dispatch doesn't have TD/INT stats, but I'm thinking that a couple weeks ago he had 9-10 TDs and only 2 picks. NE might be able to hang for a little bit, but West Jeff's passing game will eventually blow them away as they fail (yet again) to make adjustments as the game progresses.
Lance Lambert: 72 Comp 111 Att- 64.8% 1192 Yds 13 TDs 1 Int
16.6 yards per completion
Old 10-13-17, 08:58 PM
Varsity

WJfan4life is on a distinguished road
West Jeff 62 Northeastern 14 Final
Old 10-13-17, 09:41 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughriderpride View Post
Lance Lambert: 72 Comp 111 Att- 64.8% 1192 Yds 13 TDs 1 Int
16.6 yards per completion
Wow, the most impressive stat IMO is that 16.6 per pass. Hard to beat a team that can throw the ball downfield like that.
Old 10-14-17, 05:39 PM
Varsity

Brutus SG is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, a little off topic here but I looked at the playoff points on joe Rigel and we dropped down to eight. I understand why, but what I cannot understand is why west jeff would schedule the Columbus crusaders... kind of hurting us for playoff points. Did someone opt out? It just doesn’t seem logical to schedule a team that won’t help in points if wj ere to win. I apologize if this was already answered on pre ious posts. Any information would be very appreciated. Oh, and GO BUCKS!!!
Old 10-14-17, 06:29 PM
All District

Bluehawg is on a distinguished road
We didn't have anyone to fill Mechanicsburg spot in week one when we joined the league. From my understanding we had some trouble finding a viable opponent week 1. So we settled on the Crusaders
Old 10-15-17, 12:43 AM
Varsity

1. First Half Total Yardage:
West Jefferson 507 yards
Northeastern 17 yards
2. 96 Yard TD pass from Lance Lambert to Caleb Vanhook breaks the previous school record of 94 yards (1989 Zane Cobb to Denny Wippel

Passing: Lance Lambert, 18 of 24, (75%) for 374 yards, 4 TDs & 1 INT (20.7 per comp)
Rushing: Gabe Jones, 9 rushes (13.6 avg) for 123 yards, 2 TDs
Receiving: Caleb Vanhook, 5 receptions for 153 yards, 2 TDs

Only 1st half stats!

The NE starters scored 2 TD's late in the second half on the rider jv and freshman.
And the freshman and jv teams of wj also scored 2 late TD's on the starters of NE.
Old 10-15-17, 01:02 AM
Varsity

Gavin Frybarger a jv for wj looked like a starter Friday night he has a big future ahead of him running the ball.
Also, Tyler Oberle running the qb spot, I'm sure that is his spot in 2 years.