Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-11-17, 09:00 AM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Warrior nation now expects to win this game.
well, maybe, but no one at the Enquirer sports desk feels your love
Old 10-11-17, 09:02 AM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And Elder is playing very well over the past 2 or 3 weeks. Really has shown alot of toughness and grit to right the ship. A lot of focus has been on the QBs during the turn around but I think the return of Mazza has been huge for Elder. Gives them 2 good RBs that can pound the defense and must be accounted for. I think that's been lost in the "who is going to play QB question". And the Elder dline has been very steady and the foundation of the defense.
Well, if Elder can get the running game going, this will be a problem for WW. It will be a tough task though. I'm concerned about Elder playing 2 QB's
Old 10-11-17, 09:07 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILLKE View Post

YOU know the Enquirer is a conservative newspaper that is heavily influenced by the Catholic community.
Old 10-11-17, 09:13 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILLKE View Post
As long as the WW team and staff feel they can win, it doesn't matter what everyone thinks. Hasn't stopped WW from winning this game before! A public school should NEVER be favored to win in this town.
Old 10-11-17, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Well, if Elder can get the running game going, this will be a problem for WW. It will be a tough task though. I'm concerned about Elder playing 2 QB's
Oh no. They won't be able to sustain a running game against OUR defense but we will have to account for the Elder ability to rush the ball and Mazza is quick enough to get loose on something. Why are you concerned about Elder playing 2 QBs?I think when their Senior is in they will throw, when the junior is in they will run. It was so obvious last season, it was a joke. I realize that Bittner is an improved/capable passer but I can't see him killing us thru the air. And if he misses on a couple of throws Coach Ramsey will quickly turn to Neiman, perhaps too quickly. This whole playing 2 QBs can get sloppy on any level of football, especially high school. IMO, if Elder plays both Friday, its a good sign our defense is maintaining.
Old 10-11-17, 03:18 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As long as the WW team and staff feel they can win, it doesn't matter what everyone thinks. Hasn't stopped WW from winning this game before! A public school should NEVER be favored to win in this town.
Does that include Colerain?
Old 10-11-17, 04:31 PM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I realize that Bittner is an improved/capable passer but I can't see him killing us thru the air. And if he misses on a couple of throws Coach Ramsey will quickly turn to Neiman, perhaps too quickly.
It appears the Bittner we saw last Friday is not the same Bittner the staff saw in August and hadn’t seen all year. Ramsey told the Enquirer, “He [Bittner] threw the ball exceptionally well tonight,” which suggests he threw the ball much better than he had all season. Why? Well, it could have been the bad Moeller defense, and a healthy Nieman would have carved them up even worse. Maybe, as adselder09 opined elsewhere, it was all the reps with the 1s during practice for Moe that Bittner had, and things finally just clicked for him, including a shot of confidence. We'll see how much success he has passing against a WW defense that is much better than Moe's.
Old 10-11-17, 05:16 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
How much standing room at WW? I'm thinking about making the trip. Heard someone mention it may sellout.
Old 10-11-17, 05:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
How much standing room at WW? I'm thinking about making the trip. Heard someone mention it may sellout.
It won't sellout. There will be plenty of seating on the away side and the home crowd arrives late.
Old 10-11-17, 07:00 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Thanks DMR. I will be there. Looking forward to watching WW again.
Old 10-11-17, 07:13 PM
Varsity

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
DMR, I have not seen WW play but Elder's running game punished X between the 20's a few weeks ago. They just could not cash in. Do you think WW's defense is as stout as this year's Bombers?
Old 10-11-17, 07:39 PM
All American

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Does WW play anyone both ways?
Old 10-11-17, 07:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
DMR, I have not seen WW play but Elder's running game punished X between the 20's a few weeks ago. They just could not cash in. Do you think WW's defense is as stout as this year's Bombers?
I have not seen St. X live or on TV, so I don't know what their run defense looks like. I see that Elder rushed for a total of 100 yard against St. X so I don't know how much punishing Elder was doing (not an impressive amount).I know rushing stats are skewed by sacks, etc.. I think Northmont and LaSalle were the two best teams we've played so far. They each had a total of 46 rushing yards.
Old 10-11-17, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

The 468 total yards and 250 rushing yards by Elder against Moeller is impressive tho.
Old 10-11-17, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

I don't think Coach Ramsey actually expects Elder to be a overwhelming on the ground. If Elder does churn out big rushing totals in a game it's always a plus but he's using the ground game to set up the pass attack and to keep defenses honest. If the WW coaches realize this and make the defense aware we'll be alright, if the Warrior defense gets sleepy we will be in trouble. We have the stop the run and defend the pass.
Old 10-11-17, 07:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Does WW play anyone both ways?
Not anymore. We played started two lineman both ways due to injury but kids are back. And #18 Poole is a beast on that dline. It will be his first home game.
Old 10-11-17, 07:58 PM
All Yappi

Elder got anybody going both ways.
Old 10-12-17, 02:30 AM
All Yappi

gobluetom can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
They did call it a lot, but much like holding on the OL it could have been called nearly every play, but it isn't. I'm sure we could pull the stats and see the penalty yardage from last season.

Elder fans= Kentucky basketball fans

The refs are always screwing them
Old 10-12-17, 06:59 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
YOU know the Enquirer is a conservative newspaper that is heavily influenced by the Catholic community.
What does this have to do with high school football?
Old 10-12-17, 07:00 AM
Junior Varsity

noclue is on a distinguished road
WW 27 Elder 21
Old 10-12-17, 07:27 AM
Varsity

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
I'm just curious as to how you would say that Elder punished X with its running attack. For the game you averaged 3.3 yards per carry. Elder rushed for 100 yards and the majority of the rushing yards came on broken down pass plays where there was no open receiver and your QB took off. Here are the numbers. EAch QB had one rush of 25 yards and 18 yards respecitively on 2 carries that is 43 yards total. on the other 28 carries for the game you only had 57 yards that is 2.28 yards per carry. 1 back with 10 carries 32 yards the other with 4 carries 11 yards. That is far from punishing.
Old 10-12-17, 07:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
I'm just curious as to how you would say that Elder punished X with its running attack. For the game you averaged 3.3 yards per carry. Elder rushed for 100 yards and the majority of the rushing yards came on broken down pass plays where there was no open receiver and your QB took off. Here are the numbers. EAch QB had one rush of 25 yards and 18 yards respecitively on 2 carries that is 43 yards total. on the other 28 carries for the game you only had 57 yards that is 2.28 yards per carry. 1 back with 10 carries 32 yards the other with 4 carries 11 yards. That is far from punishing.
I agree with this and Elder only put up 10 points. That's not punishing, that's being punished. My question is how was that game with X so close. I'm assuming that X just had an off night. It happens. See WW/Bishop Chatard.
Old 10-12-17, 07:35 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
Isn't BASESWIMPARENT a St. X fan?
Old 10-12-17, 07:42 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
Elder fans= Kentucky basketball fans

The refs are always screwing them
Now that's funny.
Old 10-12-17, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Elder got anybody going both ways.
Nope. Play about 15-16 different guys on offense depending on the formation/play. Play about 15 on the defensive side.
Old 10-12-17, 07:45 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I agree with this and Elder only put up 10 points. That's not punishing, that's being punished. My question is how was that game with X so close. I'm assuming that X just had an off night. It happens. See WW/Bishop Chatard.
They actually put up 6 points on 2 field goals. They played us tough but we didn't play well on offense receivers had a rare case of the dropsies on a couple of wide open passes but no excuses a win is a win. Elders offense is much. Enter than LaSalles
Old 10-12-17, 07:47 AM
Varsity

Quote:
They actually put up 6 points on 2 field goals. They played us tough but we didn't play well on offense receivers had a rare case of the dropsies on a couple of wide open passes but no excuses a win is a win. Elders offense is much better than LaSalles

Last edited by 2020Dad; 10-12-17 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-12-17, 07:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well they only scored 6 points. And the Elder offense was able to keep the X offense on the sidelines. Elder held time of possession and were able to move the ball up and down the field. X struggled with drops and could never get the rushing game going. 100 yards rushing against an X defense is a lot, unless you're running the option.
Old 10-12-17, 08:07 AM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First, Elder had many opportunities to win that game. I am not sure of the number, however they had several red zone opportunities wasted. The last of which was 1st and goal from the 5 with just under 2 minutes left. St. X dropped passes, however I have not talked to anyone who thinks a rematch would be any different. I think Elder would love to see St. X again in the R-4 playoffs. Simply put if Elder plays as well as they have the past three weeks, they have as good of a shot at winning R-4 as anyone else, if they can just make the playoffs. Lets not forget the week before St. X, Elder lost to St. I's on a 53 yard field goal. They have went toe to toe with the best teams in the state, except for St. Eds.

You seem to think the St. X vs Elder game was an outlier, but if you look at Elders full body of work it's leads a more compelling argument for Elder being pretty good this year and the St Eds game being the true outlier.
Old 10-12-17, 08:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
First, Elder had many opportunities to win that game. I am not sure of the number, however they had several red zone opportunities wasted. The last of which was 1st and goal from the 5 with just under 2 minutes left. St. X dropped passes, however I have not talked to anyone who thinks a rematch would be any different. I think Elder would love to see St. X again in the R-4 playoffs. Simply put if Elder plays as well as they have the past three weeks, they have as good of a shot at winning R-4 as anyone else, if they can just make the playoffs. Lets not forget the week before St. X, Elder lost to St. I's on a 53 yard field goal. They have went toe to toe with the best teams in the state, except for St. Eds.

You seem to think the St. X vs Elder game was an outlier, but if you look at Elders full body of work it's leads a more compelling argument for Elder being pretty good this year and the St Eds game being the true outlier.
I agree that Elder's whole body of work leads one to believe they are pretty good.