Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-09-17, 09:20 AM
Freshman

Childrenlover is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Based on what I saw against LS, they run a type of spread option attack with more passes than WW teams of the past. Elder is going to have their hands full in the front 6-7, but I think the passing game is in much better shape than it was last year. WW likes to be very physical with the WRs, but they're vulnerable to double moves and rub/pick routes. It'll all be about how much time the OL can give either Nieman/Bittner.
If the linebacker for WW plays how he should, the OL for Elder won't have much time to give the Qb's
Old 10-09-17, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childrenlover View Post
If the linebacker for WW plays how he should, the OL for Elder won't have much time to give the Qb's
The whole Winton Woods defense needs to be on their "A" game and be hungry. And they will be. Elder needs to have a special QB. Is the Elder QB and offense better than LaSalle and Northmont?
Old 10-09-17, 10:16 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Elder needs to have a special QB. Is the Elder QB and offense better than LaSalle and Northmont?
I've no idea. Elder has a traditional drop back passer who was 23-of-37 for 303 yards & four touchdowns against Ignatius. He then got injured early against X. They also have a more versatile junior QB who started vs Moe and was 18/23, 220 YDS, 3 TD + 81 Yards rushing, 2 TDs.

If Elder's line can give the QB time, the better passer will be more effective. If the Elder line cant give the necessary time, Elder will need the more elusive scrambling QB.
Old 10-09-17, 10:52 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
I really hope Ramsey lets Bittner play the entire game whether Nieman is healthy or not. The offense is at a different level with Bittner playing IMO. WW will eat up Elder's Oline if Nieman is back there being a statue.
Old 10-09-17, 10:57 AM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Gonna be a good one. Here is my prediction

Elder 20
WW 16

WW HAS to do something about the penalty yards the last 2 weeks......Wiping out over 200 yards of offense isn't a good thing.
Old 10-09-17, 11:07 AM
All American

wwwfan is on a distinguished road
I think this year's WW team has what the 2009 state championship team had - a never give up attitude. They knew they were facing a tough schedule this year and have responded by starting out 7-0. I feel they have come into their own and I think they now realize what they have a very real chance of accomplishing this year. I am looking forward to a good, hard fought game.

Last edited by wwwfan; 10-09-17 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-09-17, 12:03 PM
Freshman

Childrenlover is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The whole Winton Woods defense needs to be on their "A" game and be hungry. And they will be. Elder needs to have a special QB. Is the Elder QB and offense better than LaSalle and Northmont?
If Elder plays the Quarterback that started vs Moeller then their offense is more dangerous than LaSalle in my opinion
Old 10-09-17, 12:30 PM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
WW does have to play a clean game but I think some of the penalties they get are thrown on here say. WW has a reputation of making mistakes and penalties. The refs usually call it as such. It gets to the point the refs aren't looking at the other team. We that being said, we are still 7 and 0. Things could be worse.
Old 10-09-17, 04:42 PM
All District

Elder4Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Again, it appears that no one gives the Warriors chance in this ballgame. I do feel like things are stacked against us but we have a very, very slight chance.
What are you talking about? Everyone is giving Winton Woods a chance to win this ballgame. You're asking all GCL and Elder people to give predictions so yeah, almost all of them are going to pick Elder. No one is even saying that Elder wins by more than 14. Winton Woods is the favorite to win this game on paper, but that's why you play the game
Old 10-09-17, 05:05 PM
All Yappi

No sir, Elder is favorite. Just destroyed Moeller, barely lost to St. X and St. I. Winton Woods has a very slim chance. I like our chances, no matter how slight.
Old 10-09-17, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No sir, Elder is favorite. Just destroyed Moeller, barely lost to St. X and St. I. Winton Woods has a very slim chance. I like our chances, no matter how slight.
Drew Pasteur has Elder as a 6-point underdog.
the SWO KOS isn't out, but I would almost guarantee that the spread is a TD either way.

Don't let anyone fool you, this as close to a pick 'em as it gets.

Last edited by adselder09; 10-10-17 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-09-17, 08:55 PM
All District

Elder4Life is on a distinguished road
Depending on the outcome of this game, I think its going to really give an indication of how Elder will fare against LaSalle. I know Elder hung with St X who blew out LaSalle next week and beat the snot out of Moeller who only lost to LaSalle by a bit. But for me, this is the game that even if we lose by a little will give me the most confidence regarding how Elder will fare against LaSalle since if they lose to WW that game turns into a must win
Old 10-09-17, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

It really doesn't matter who is favored. Winton Woods is going to play very hard. Trying to make a statement that the past 2 wins over Elder weren't flukes.
Old 10-09-17, 09:13 PM
All Yappi

I just looked at Elder's scedule/results and it seems that Elder's losses are actually more impressive than its wins. A win is a win but I don't see anything overly impressive in the win column.
Old 10-09-17, 09:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I just looked at Elder's scedule/results and it seems that Elder's losses are actually more impressive than its wins. A win is a win but I don't see anything overly impressive in the win column.
Exactly, they've been blown out once, lost a couple tight games to a couple good teams and beaten four mediocre teams. So if WW is a good team, like many think, it likely means another close loss for Elder.
Old 10-09-17, 09:26 PM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Hey, WW posters, quick question, out of curiosity. In 2007, before your opening game against St. X, one of your posters boldly predicted, “Winton Woods by 15.” X won, 35-7, and went on to win the D-I title. For more than a while, it became an inside joke for that poster and others (myself included, once or twice) to predict “Winton Woods by 15” for every game the Warriors played, regardless of the opponent. Do any of you remember that poster?
Old 10-09-17, 09:29 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Yes...and it was by 16, not 15.
Old 10-09-17, 09:35 PM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Yes...and it was by 16, not 15.
Ah, I stand corrrected.
Old 10-09-17, 09:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Exactly, they've been blown out once, lost a couple tight games to a couple good teams and beaten four mediocre teams. So if WW is a good team, like many think, it likely means another close loss for Elder.
Wouldn't consider Lakota West or Oak Hills mediocre. I will still give the benefit of the HUGE doubt to Moeller (jury is definitely out on them). Not sure about Lincoln either.
Old 10-09-17, 09:38 PM
Varsity

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
All I know is that after talking to the X players and coaches, Elder comes to the game looking to be extremely physical. Not saying WW is not physical, just that after this game the warriors will know they played a game of football. That being said, WW by seven. I wish X and WW would play this year.
Old 10-09-17, 09:44 PM
All Yappi

I know this is off subject, but I'm expecting St. Ignatius and St. Edward to stomp any remaining life out of Moeller before Winton Woods gets to them. And how about our Canadien friends picking up a win? I think they might have a couple more wins in them.
Old 10-10-17, 06:42 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
Hey, WW posters, quick question, out of curiosity. In 2007, before your opening game against St. X, one of your posters boldly predicted, “Winton Woods by 15.” X won, 35-7, and went on to win the D-I title. For more than a while, it became an inside joke for that poster and others (myself included, once or twice) to predict “Winton Woods by 15” for every game the Warriors played, regardless of the opponent. Do any of you remember that poster?
Educamator or something close to that, had a passion for WW and wasn't obnoxious like some school partisans.
Old 10-10-17, 10:27 AM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
I really hope Ramsey lets Bittner play the entire game whether Nieman is healthy or not. The offense is at a different level with Bittner playing IMO. WW will eat up Elder's Oline if Nieman is back there being a statue.
I agree. Elder had a ton of 3 and outs the first half of the season. That puts a lot of pressure on the rest of the team, especially the defense. That has changed completely the last two games. The run pass option Bittner brings to the table makes it a lot harder for teams to defend. And to be honest I've always felt he was the better passer as well. It would be crazy to mess with what's been working.
Old 10-10-17, 11:41 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Elder 14, Winton Woods 10
Old 10-10-17, 11:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Wouldn't consider Lakota West or Oak Hills mediocre.
If by that, you mean dreadful ... I agree.
Old 10-10-17, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
If by that, you mean dreadful ... I agree.
I was thinking the same thing...
Old 10-10-17, 11:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I know this is off subject, but I'm expecting St. Ignatius and St. Edward to stomp any remaining life out of Moeller before Winton Woods gets to them. And how about our Canadien friends picking up a win? I think they might have a couple more wins in them.
I'd imagine Moeller is mailing it in by now. They'll be 3-7 after closing the year with a humbling loss to the much more powerful Warriors.
Old 10-10-17, 12:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
I'd imagine Moeller is mailing it in by now. They'll be 3-7 after closing the year with a humbling loss to the much more powerful Warriors.
Well I hope that St. Eds and St. I deliver the kill shot to Moeller. I would hate to see my Warriors chewed up by another GCL power. This week is bad enough.
Old 10-10-17, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Drew Pasteur has Elder as a 6-point underdog.
the SWO KOS isn't out, but I would almost guarantee that the spread is a TD either way.

Don't let anyone fool you, this as close to a pick 'em as it gets.
SWO KOS has WW as a 3.5 point favorite.
Old 10-10-17, 01:58 PM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
All I know is that after talking to the X players and coaches, Elder comes to the game looking to be extremely physical. Not saying WW is not physical, just that after this game the warriors will know they played a game of football. That being said, WW by seven. I wish X and WW would play this year.
Well, it's going to be a hard nosed game! WW is very physical. They have to be especially with schedule that we play. Buckle up!!! Here comes the Warriors!!