Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-08-17, 05:36 PM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Official Thread Elder vs. Winton Woods

Another BIG match up for both teams! Elder with a huge win over GCL South Rival Moeller 42 to 14. Winton Woods an easy road win vs Canton Central Cahtolic. 43 to 0. Elder needs a win to continue to have a shot at the D1 playoffs. Elder has played a tough schedule and is battle tested.
Winton Woods has played a very tough schedule and has taken it week by week. To this point has an undefeated record but is far from playing a perfect game. Have to have a near perfect night to beat the Panthers. WW has won 2 in a row in this series. Another win for the Warriors could cause Elder to pull out of the series. Should be a good game!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-17, 05:47 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Elder won't pull out the series. It will be renewed for 2 more season's.
Blue, I was waiting to see if someone from Elder was going to start this thread and you had to go and ruin it. I knew you would. I just wait to see if someone from ELDER actually comments on this thread. It will be a ton of comments from the peanut gallery. I have some thoughts on this ballgame
Old 10-08-17, 06:39 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Another BIG match up for both teams! Elder with a huge win over GCL South Rival Moeller 42 to 14. Winton Woods an easy road win vs Canton Central Cahtolic. 43 to 0. Elder needs a win to continue to have a shot at the D1 playoffs. Elder has played a tough schedule and is battle tested.
Winton Woods has played a very tough schedule and has taken it week by week. To this point has an undefeated record but is far from playing a perfect game. Have to have a near perfect night to beat the Panthers. WW has won 2 in a row in this series. Another win for the Warriors could cause Elder to pull out of the series. Should be a good game!
Uh, hilarious Elder to pull out of the series.Uh Elder cant get games anywhere. Uh the GCL south teams play Woods because they cant get games anywhere else. Uh somehow all the best kids in the Cincy public league all end up at Woods. Uh the kids who can get "academic" schollys go to the GCL south, and everyone else goes to Woods. Uh just a game all these teams play.
Old 10-08-17, 07:28 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
As Elder is rated as a "tier 1" team and Winton Woods is ranked a "tier 2" program, this looks like an easy Elder win!

Note: rankings by the infallible Pope Francis
Old 10-08-17, 07:49 PM
All American

Rush Limbaugh is on a distinguished road
This has to be the year that Elder gets the win. The last two years Elder has had injuries at QB and emotional hard fought games against Moeller. This year Elder is relatively healthy and coming off a game that wasnít that emotional.

I think Elder keeps it on the ground and grinds out a close victory. I was at the game two years ago and remember how terrible the refs were. Hopefully a better crew will be at the game Friday night.

Any idea if this games sells out?
Old 10-08-17, 07:51 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
I'm excited to see the turnout of the Warrior faithful, if Lasalle game is any indicator the stands should be packed. On to the game I can see the Warriors putting a hurting on Elder if they can't check your perimeter players, they are best collection of skilled players at WW in 15 years and you add Williams and that is a handful.

Last edited by mrsimp06; 10-08-17 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-08-17, 08:03 PM
All American

Final score:

Elder - 24
Winton Woods - 14
Old 10-08-17, 08:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Final score:

Elder - 24
Winton Woods - 14
Not an Elder poster
Old 10-08-17, 08:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh View Post
This has to be the year that Elder gets the win. The last two years Elder has had injuries at QB and emotional hard fought games against Moeller. This year Elder is relatively healthy and coming off a game that wasnít that emotional.

I think Elder keeps it on the ground and grinds out a close victory. I was at the game two years ago and remember how terrible the refs were. Hopefully a better crew will be at the game Friday night.

Good chance of a sell out.
Old 10-08-17, 08:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
This has to be the year that Elder gets the win. The last two years Elder has had injuries at QB and emotional hard fought games against Moeller. This year Elder is relatively healthy and coming off a game that wasn’t that emotional.

I don't recall an injury to Peyton Ramsey when Elder was shut out at Winton Woods. And Elder has a starting QB that was injured two weeks ago and did not play against Moeller. Nieman will be cleared to come back so does he get the start over Bittner?
Old 10-08-17, 08:19 PM
All American

Rush Limbaugh is on a distinguished road
Ramseyís shoulder was banged up at the end of the Moeller game and didnít practice most of the week.

You canít compare how a sophomore Bittner does vs a junior Bittner; not to mention that Bittner knew all week he was starting.

Not sure who starts, but both will play if healthy.
Old 10-08-17, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Ramseyís shoulder was banged up at the end of the Moeller game and didnít practice most of the week.

You canít compare how a sophomore Bittner does vs a junior Bittner; not to mention that Bittner knew all week he was starting.

Not sure who starts, but both will play if healthy.
Oh ok I see. So both QBs will play huh? If you have two QBs then you don't have a QB.
Old 10-08-17, 08:30 PM
All District

Elder4Life is on a distinguished road
The offense seems to run better when Bittner is in there. He's a better runner than Nieman, and isn't far off of Nieman when it comes to passing. That game 2 years ago @Winton Woods was just miserable. Couldn't get anything going all night
Old 10-08-17, 08:32 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Elder won't pull out the series. It will be renewed for 2 more season's.
Blue, I was waiting to see if someone from Elder was going to start this thread and you had to go and ruin it. I knew you would. I just wait to see if someone from ELDER actually comments on this thread. It will be a ton of comments from the peanut gallery. I have some thoughts on this ballgame
My bad Don. I got to excited. The Elder faithful usually start things off right away. All I know is WW has a chance of wining. We do have to play well though. I will comment more as the week progresses.
Old 10-08-17, 08:34 PM
All World

Elder does not travel to WW well. It won't be a sell out.
Old 10-08-17, 08:36 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't recall an injury to Peyton Ramsey when Elder was shut out at Winton Woods. And Elder has a starting QB that was injured two weeks ago and did not play against Moeller. Nieman will be cleared to come back so does he get the start over Bittner?
I heard differently than Rush so I'm not sure who gets the start for Elder and I like having that bit of mystery to it. The two QBs are different and thus will need to be game-planned for differently as Bittner can run the ball well, whereas Nieman is more of a drop-back passer.

Two weeks ago this game didn't look like it was going to be good for Elder, but they seem to have circled the wagons to a degree in close losses to Ignatius and X, plus the win over Moeller.

The line on this one is probably WW by 6-6.5 since they're playing at home. Elder absolutely HAS to win this game for playoff purposes. LaSalle may not bring the same number of points WW will in terms of L2s, so getting this one puts them on the good side of the bubble in R4.
Old 10-08-17, 08:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I heard differently than Rush so I'm not sure who gets the start for Elder and I like having that bit of mystery to it. The two QBs are different and thus will need to be game-planned for differently as Bittner can run the ball well, whereas Nieman is more of a drop-back passer.

Two weeks ago this game didn't look like it was going to be good for Elder, but they seem to have circled the wagons to a degree in close losses to Ignatius and X, plus the win over Moeller.

The line on this one is probably WW by 6-6.5 since they're playing at home. Elder absolutely HAS to win this game for playoff purposes. LaSalle may not bring the same number of points WW will in terms of L2s, so getting this one puts them on the good side of the bubble in R4.
Yea. One of the biggest factors is this game is a must win for Elder. I would also suggest that it's going to take an outstanding QB to beat the Warriors. A QB like Ramsey was. One that can run and pass.
Old 10-08-17, 09:29 PM
All American

Quote:
Not an Elder poster
......but an infallible poster.
After getting blown out by St Eds, Elder played both Iggy and X down to the wire. Then took Moe to the woodshed this past week.
Elder by 10, book it!
Old 10-09-17, 12:46 AM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
WW by 16

This will be a tough game but like I always say all our games are tough. Elder will be tough but I think WW just has their number
Old 10-09-17, 06:08 AM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@rrior 11 View Post
WW by 16

This will be a tough game but like I always say all our games are tough. Elder will be tough but I think WW just has their number
WW reverts to old form and E continues their newfound ability: E by 14
Old 10-09-17, 06:42 AM
All District

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
I haven't seen WW this year, so I cannot comment on what they are looking like except what I have heard. One thing I can say is after seeing Elder this year, it is not your "typical" Elder team. Their O-Line not the massive humans that they normally put out there; however, they block very, very well. Their line moves extremely well, getting to the second level and getting LBs easily. They normally have lines that don't move too well, so this was a drastic change.

Also, they have a Nose that is a BEAST. DBs are still suspect, which seems to be the Elder way with very basic coverage schemes.

This should be a good hard nosed game. I'm hoping to make the trek out to WW to see it!
Old 10-09-17, 07:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILLKE View Post
WW reverts to old form and E continues their newfound ability: E by 14
LaSalle poster
Old 10-09-17, 07:13 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
The question when Elder takes on WW is obvious one...how to slow them down and keep their game breakers in check.

If the skill players from WW get a step, they are gone. If Elder gets a step, it will be a short gain. The run defense for Elder has been one of their strengths so if they can keep WW in 3rd and longs it would help. Elder MUST tackle well and play assignment football. A couple timely penalties/turnovers would be nice to

IF Elder is going to win, their best chance is with long and methodical drives that take 5-7 minutes off the clock. That's partly how Elder held Wolfe and St X to just 14 points. Limit the number of possessions. Elder's best defense will be its offense.

Elder 28
WW 27

Last edited by PURPLE REIGN; 10-09-17 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-09-17, 07:39 AM
All Yappi

I just cant see Elder scoring 28 points on Winton Woods. It would take about 4 Winton Wood turnovers, 100 penalty yards and 3 special teams goofs for that to happen.
Old 10-09-17, 08:02 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmagicron View Post
i just cant see elder scoring 28 points on winton woods. It would take about 4 winton wood turnovers, 100 penalty yards and 3 special teams goofs for that to happen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim Carey.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1854
Old 10-09-17, 08:06 AM
All Yappi

Again, it appears that no one gives the Warriors chance in this ballgame. I do feel like things are stacked against us but we have a very, very slight chance.
Old 10-09-17, 08:08 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Quote:
Again, it appears that no one gives the Warriors chance in this ballgame. I do feel like things are stacked against us but we have a very, very slight chance.
Old 10-09-17, 08:17 AM
All District

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What has WW offense been this year? Have they been spreading it out or are they back to the Triple. The Triple seems to give Elder fits whenever they play an option team.
Old 10-09-17, 08:35 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Based on what I saw against LS, they run a type of spread option attack with more passes than WW teams of the past. Elder is going to have their hands full in the front 6-7, but I think the passing game is in much better shape than it was last year. WW likes to be very physical with the WRs, but they're vulnerable to double moves and rub/pick routes. It'll all be about how much time the OL can give either Nieman/Bittner.
Old 10-09-17, 08:48 AM
All Ohio

The Veer is on a distinguished road
This past weeks game was very ugly for CCC but looked ugly for Winton Woods at times also. It was clear from the start of the game WW had us out matched, offensively Central could not get anything going. Woods should have been up 4 scores by halftime.

They did hit a couple long pass plays but from the first series you could see that they could have run off tackle or up the middle with ease had they focused on the run early and could have run at will. In the 2nd half they seemed to adjust and started putting the hammer down with a more run oriented game plan.

I dont think they will be able to make the mental mistakes against Elder and win as they did last week. I really dont know how many penalties they had... but it had to be over 15... so many occurred I lost count. 2 Drives stalled early due to bad snaps.

Their D front played well and didnt budge much at all... I would like to see them against a better matched team to see how they perform. Some solid athletes at the skilled positions. Played physical just not a very disciplined group during the game. Good luck to both teams this week... I think if Woods plays a cleaner game should be a good one.