Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-17, 06:22 PM
All Region

Rambo1980 is on a distinguished road
Should be a good one!
Old 10-08-17, 06:57 PM
All District

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Lakeview has a good coach and a supportive community and always come up with some nice athletes but much like Girard, the bulk of their schedule is smaller schools. They have seldom done well against schools their own size or a division up. They havenít seen an offensive line like the one they will see Friday night. Or the defensive speed. Last year was last year. I wouldnít put too much stock in those results. I just donít think this is going to even slightly resemble 2016.
Old 10-08-17, 07:13 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
If lakeview doesn't turn poland over I don't see them stopping them.... I can't wait for this dudes grandson to finally graduate so the moronic comments will stop
Old 10-08-17, 08:26 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
I like it here. Next year I'll be entertained with more idiot comments about some overhyped team from Mahoning Co. By its moron fan base. And I expect they will continue to take cheap shots at some Trumbull Co team or teams. May as well hang around to keep the record straight and call them out on their dumb comments.

This is a fun place.
Old 10-08-17, 08:47 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
I like it here. Next year I'll be entertained with more idiot comments about some overhyped team from Mahoning Co. By its moron fan base. And I expect they will continue to take cheap shots at some Trumbull Co team or teams. May as well hang around to keep the record straight and call them out on their dumb comments.

This is a fun place.
You get so angry lol did you poop your pants again?

You never contribute any real information. You always just say how talented Lakeview is. Or how many kids were injured and that’s why they lost... or how the refs robbed you guys. Give me a break.

Lakeview has a solid team this season. They won’t next year. Their qb is everything. They have horrible line play both sides and usually resort to a trick play or a Hail Mary type pass to keep them in the game vs good teams.

And last year Poland might of been dejected and packed it in after back to back close losses to Howland and Struthers. Who were both much much better than Lakeview last season.

Last edited by Spread All Day; 10-08-17 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-08-17, 09:04 PM
All District

LOL. Over hyped. From a perennial 7-3, 6-4 team. That pulled off a nice upset over one of the worst Poland teams in my old memory. You’re right! There is a lot of fun and humor on Yappi !!! Keep it comin!!! :-D
Old 10-08-17, 09:31 PM
All American

Someone other then paladin pick lakeview up beat poland I'll wait......
Old 10-08-17, 09:31 PM
All American

To *
Old 10-08-17, 09:33 PM
All American

Also to your point icbm, nothing like holding your hat on beating the worst Hubbard team in years......
Old 10-08-17, 09:38 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Also to your point icbm, nothing like holding your hat on beating the worst Hubbard team in years......
Absolutely. No doubt. Won’t disagree. Wouldn’t say I’m hanging my hat on it either. Girard has yet to beat a good team.
Old 10-08-17, 10:26 PM
All American

Off topic, but mooney losing will drop them to probably 5-8 seed when it's all done, could be bad news for a home team in r13
Old 10-08-17, 10:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Off topic, but mooney losing will drop them to probably 5-8 seed when it's all done, could be bad news for a home team in r13
If they are a 6 seed and play 3 seed Poland that would be a GREAT local game. They wont have a chance vs perry or BR
Old 10-08-17, 11:00 PM
All District

Mooney losing may well cost them a playoff position, period. They likely won’t get the second level points they need. Ursuline won’t help them. Harding won’t help. No points to be had. Joe Eitel shows a max 19.95 and they will be lucky to get 18. I think 8, lucky at 7.
Old 10-09-17, 12:53 AM
All Yappi

Let’s hope mooney loses again to someone else.
Old 10-09-17, 05:05 AM
Varsity

dog2012 is on a distinguished road
Yes Paladin, your Bulldogs whipped Poland last year, even knocked our QB out of the game. However, this is a new year, with a much improved Poland squad. Like most high school teams Poland can be passed on, especially if the QB is given time to throw. The difference this year is that Poland has had a ton of success picking off passes. #24 and especially little #4 come to mind.

Offensively, #3 and #21 have been doing a great job running the ball, with #6 helping out later in the games. With the big and physical line I think Poland's running game will be just fine. At QB #16 has not made many errors this year. His accuracy has been spotty at times but he has a couple of weapons in #4 and #15. He also has a huge TE in #80.
Old 10-09-17, 11:32 AM
Freshman

Jake22 is on a distinguished road
Bottom line both teams are playing to lose in week 11, or if lucky week 12. Not many schools are willing to play up enough during the year to compete when it counts. I hope it's a good game, but both teams hopes and dreams will be over soon after the playoffs start
Old 10-09-17, 01:51 PM
All District

Poland was the first team to go undefeated in the playoff system. I believe they went through Steubenville to do it. I think they can hold their own. And from what I have heard, Perry is absolutely loaded. So don’t think the Ville is invincible. Very. Very good but they won’t be playing at home in the later rounds. The bottom four teams, well that’s another story. LOL
Old 10-09-17, 02:22 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I think Steubenville is the favorite in that region with Perry and Poland close behind that could easily win it as well. I'm also not sure the "play up enough" argument can ring true when you look at Perry's schedule, much weaker than Poland (and weak last year), yet they won the region
Old 10-09-17, 02:42 PM
All American

I'm not sold on Perry. Schedule is bad beating D-2 Riverside (2-5) andMadison (2-5), D-3 Geneva(2-5) , D-6 e. Palestine, D-5 Beachwood (2-5) and Wickliffe (4-3) with D-3 Harvey(1-6) and D-4 Chagrin Falls (2-5) yet to come. Is Perry good ? Probably. Really good ? That's a question mark.
Old 10-09-17, 02:52 PM
All Yappi

Perry had a bad schedule last season too. Won the region.
Old 10-09-17, 03:20 PM
All American

Perry is really good but they are beatable as well as every team in the region honestly.
Old 10-09-17, 04:13 PM
Varsity

ucfpengbuck
Poland by 2-3 scores. Sorry Paladin. Btw,miss your posts on the YSU board.
Old 10-09-17, 04:27 PM
All American

So I'm told, Buck. But you have the cheerleaders there to entertain you. My preseason outlook was for YSU to go 7-4 and maybe worse if injuries pileup.QB is out , so it may get rocky. NDSU is the favorite this weekend.

As for the game, that's why we play them. Lakeview has a ton of skill and Poland has a strong run game. I'll be at the game and expect it to be competitive.Lakeview has a shot.
Old 10-09-17, 09:51 PM
Junior Varsity

Dogs_Hit09 is on a distinguished road
Poland should win big but Pav will pull out all the tricks. This Lakeview team has had a little luck with the schedule to help them to this hot start. They haven't beaten a good team yet. I think Poland wreaks havoc on Lakeviews weak O-line
Old 10-11-17, 01:24 PM
All American

O-line ? Again? I'm sure Ryan has gone over film from last years game,as 45-13 will do that to you . All the kids do is win and many were injured Soph. Despite many unfounded comments here,,Lakeviews O-line continues to hold their own. What's hilarious is Pav used a lot of stunts and blitzes last year that Poland was unprepared for. Truth be told, they had the better line against our Soph lineman on both sides of the ball, but power football couldn't prevail against an onslaught of skill. While Pavs O is relatively simple, it forces Ds to be stretched both horizontally and vertically . Picking on mismatches becomes routine.

Ryan maybe surprised again at Pavs game plan this year.
Old 10-11-17, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

This is the first good team Lakeview has played all season. We will see how they do.
Old 10-11-17, 02:11 PM
All American

So would thinking this years Lakeview team is like last years. I think both teams are way better this year. What hasn't changed is Poland remains a power team while Lakeview remains a skill team. Poland could not cover last year and got blown out. Lakeview has 7 WRs who have caught TD passes so far. Four different Onebacks have scored TDs. Poland faces the same problem they had last year -- they don't match up. This isn't the first Power team Lakeview has faced. They will stunt and blitz and use 8 and 9 man fronts. That's not good for power football. And it wasn't good for Poland power football last year. Ryan needs to think hard about this.
Old 10-11-17, 02:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
So would thinking this years Lakeview team is like last years. I think both teams are way better this year. What hasn't changed is Poland remains a power team while Lakeview remains a skill team. Poland could not cover last year and got blown out. Lakeview has 7 WRs who have caught TD passes so far. Four different Onebacks have scored TDs. Poland faces the same problem they had last year -- they don't match up. This isn't the first Power team Lakeview has faced. They will stunt and blitz and use 8 and 9 man fronts. That's not good for power football. And it wasn't good for Poland power football last year. Ryan needs to think hard about this.
LOL ya Poland wonít match up.
Old 10-11-17, 02:46 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
LOL ya Poland wonít match up.
He's not bright. I said last year Poland will run all over the AAC this year. Pretty obvious they were a year away. Poland has the great line and three running backs they can use. They will wear out the smaller Lakeview team and win 35-14. Lakeview will have to score early to keep it close. The second half will be all Poland

Go Dogs

Will CaptainPolandPride ever come back by 9-0 Canfield vs 9-0 Poland?
Old 10-12-17, 10:04 AM
Junior Varsity

therock02 is on a distinguished road
IF Lakeview wins against Struthers and Poland isn't able to upend Canfield WK 10 then this week's game could be a preview matchup of WK 11.

I think poland is too much for lakeview to handle as well. I might check this one out. I am not buying Lakeview will be as good next year either but that is for another time and place.

On another note..how good is region 13...holy cow! Some seriously good football to be played there come November!
Closed Thread