Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-17, 09:56 PM
Junior Varsity

The 5th Season is on a distinguished road
Poland Seminary (7-0) vs Cortland Lakeview (6-1)

I would think Poland has revenge on their mind after a very dominant victory by Lakeview last year, however at 6-1 Lakeview obviously has other ideas. Lakeview always plays hard and very is well coached. Thoughts on this week 8 match up?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-17, 10:11 PM
All Ohio

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Poland has to be smarting from the 45-13 butt kicking last year. Poland was even favored. But it's a new year. I think both teams are way better this year. I know that Lakeview takes the game seriously -- they spent next to no time last week prepping for Edgewood. It was all getting ready for Poland so we have a 2 week prep. The battle for the Blue/White Bulldogs is always intense. Lakeview is healthy, even holding out 4 starters at Edgewood with very minor dings and only playing the starters for a little over a quarter.Poland looks very good this year. Kids like the challenge.
Old 10-07-17, 10:32 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Poland 35-21
Old 10-07-17, 10:45 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Has there ever been a game where Lakeview didn’t hold out starters? They could be in the state championship game and, according to paladin they will hold kids out.

Anyways.

Poland is a very good team. They have great depth. 20 seniors on the roster. If they want to make moves this is the season. Lakeview has some talent as well. Not as much as Poland.

I say
Poland 35
Lakeview 14
Old 10-08-17, 01:00 AM
All Ohio

simkon is on a distinguished road
Drew Pasteur has Poland by two scores.
Old 10-08-17, 03:42 AM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Poland wins big
Old 10-08-17, 07:51 AM
All Ohio

Projected weather shows perfect 70 degrees and only 20% chance of rain. Poland has a nice facility. With a potential league title involved and playoff ramifications, it makes for a high stakes game.

I look for a close game and believe Lakeview has a chance to win. Dry field allows the Lakeview air game to be wide open.
Old 10-08-17, 08:13 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Poland by 21
Old 10-08-17, 08:20 AM
All American

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
Poland big.
Old 10-08-17, 09:01 AM
All Ohio

Joe Bernastat
Poland wins big. Grandpa will have a bagful of excuses.
Old 10-08-17, 09:45 AM
All Ohio

gotti544 is on a distinguished road
Poland is susceptible to the pass, which is Lakeview's strength. But Lakeview is soft up front on both sides of the ball, Poland is big and physical. Poland beats them up in the trenches to take this one by 2-3 TD's, but Lakeview's passing game hits a couple big ones. Poland 35-17
Old 10-08-17, 09:49 AM
All American

Will lakeview be able to block polands D line is the key, if so they might be able to keep it close, poland gets a lot of turnovers tho
Old 10-08-17, 10:41 AM
All District

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Lakeview has had to battle for some of their wins, especially Hubbard. Poland has walked through beating everyone by an average of about 35 points. I don’t see anything different this weak. Lakeview is pretty good. Poland is really good. I see 45-14. Poland was likely looking forward to this game last week too!
Old 10-08-17, 10:44 AM
All Ohio

LOL! Poland was bigger and physical last year too. Result ? 45-13 loss. Hubbard was bigger than Lakeview this year. They lost. The only one to make that lame reason stick was Howland (23-19 loss) and Lakeview had 4(count them, 4) more chances in the end zone than they did ( officials called 2 TDs out of bounds, one TD called back on penalty and one TD missed with best WR wide open in end zone for a short easy score missed by the QB who didn't see him). And I'm not even counting the 2 FGs missed. Lakeview had plenty of chances to out score Howland but didn't.
Lakeview will have many of these linemen returning next year again. The days of HE-MAN football are over rated in today's game. But have at it. The line should be fine for what
Lakeview needs to do. No one is scoring much on the Dogs and Lakeview is at 30 pts a game. So much for a soft line on either side. Poland is capable of winning but I do like Lakeviews chances.
Old 10-08-17, 11:00 AM
All Ohio

BTW, I know Polands coach. Met Ryan years ago when he was just starting out as an assistant. As a former coach , I was part of a group of ex-coaches who had season tickets for YSU football for 2 decades and we often met at several watering holes in Mahoning county. Ryan was invited and we spent time with brews, BS and skull sessions. Nice guy.

However , haven't seen him since he got the head job. After seeing him in the full beard now, I would never have recognized him on the street. lol
Old 10-08-17, 11:08 AM
All American

That high powered offense of lakeview only put up 7 on Hubbardand from what I was told should have lost but lakeview pulled through , and the team that lakeview got beat by poland blew out.
Old 10-08-17, 11:16 AM
Junior Varsity

Ytownfootballfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
LOL! Poland was bigger and physical last year too. Result ? 45-13 loss. Hubbard was bigger than Lakeview this year. They lost. The only one to make that lame reason stick was Howland (23-19 loss) and Lakeview had 4(count them, 4) more chances in the end zone than they did ( officials called 2 TDs out of bounds, one TD called back on penalty and one TD missed with best WR wide open in end zone for a short easy score missed by the QB who didn't see him). And I'm not even counting the 2 FGs missed. Lakeview had plenty of chances to out score Howland but didn't.
Lakeview will have many of these linemen returning next year again. The days of HE-MAN football are over rated in today's game. But have at it. The line should be fine for what
Lakeview needs to do. No one is scoring much on the Dogs and Lakeview is at 30 pts a game. So much for a soft line on either side. Poland is capable of winning but I do like Lakeviews chances.
It would be a terrible mistake to compare last years Poland team to this one, and I am sure Lakeview coaches will know this.
Old 10-08-17, 12:09 PM
Junior Varsity

Ytownfootballfan is on a distinguished road
MyYTV has announced that this will be the "Game of the Week" for Friday. They are also broadcasting Boardman/Ursuline on Thursday the 12th.
Old 10-08-17, 12:22 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytownfootballfan View Post
MyYTV has announced that this will be the "Game of the Week" for Friday. They are also broadcasting Boardman/Ursuline on Thursday the 12th.
Should be noted that the Boardman/Ursuline game will be a live telecast at 7..

As for this one, Poland by 3 TDs. Probably will be worse before the end of the 3rd quarter as Lakeview is almost assuredly resting a few key players.
Old 10-08-17, 01:02 PM
All American

Is boardman on live telecast going to be a weekly thing bhsspartans?
Old 10-08-17, 01:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Is boardman on live telecast going to be a weekly thing bhsspartans?
Not on television, anyways. But Warren Schools do an excellent job with all their home games on a YouTube live stream, and Boardman has been streaming their home games on Youtube through BSTN as well, though the quality is iffy at this point. So between this and Boardman's last 2 games being at home you should be able to watch them live.

It's nice for a fan, other than the East game (and perhaps Lakeside if BSTN isn't up and running), every Boardman game was live on radio, online video stream, or TV...
Old 10-08-17, 01:24 PM
All American

Very cool concept. Definitely nice for the fans. Even Struthers student radio broadcast is a cool idea. Wish hubbard would get hip to a video or radio broadcast. Without twitter I wouldn't get updates of some games until they were over. Wkbn isn't great with the updates online.
Old 10-08-17, 01:41 PM
All World

Our local media, WFMJ aside w/updates, is atrocious. Thankfully some of the schools step up and do their own broadcasts.

My gripe is I wish more local radio stations broadcast more games exclusively online. Q92 for example in Alliance/Canton broadcasts 3 or 4 additional games online besides the traditional airwave broacast.
Old 10-08-17, 02:16 PM
All Ohio

simkon is on a distinguished road
Struthers has their own radio station. It is not likely that any other local schools get one anytime soon. As far as radio stations doing additional online only broadcasts, most stations don't have the man power or money to do it. The Q92 broadcasts are an exception. For the Youngstown area stations you would probably need guys willing to work for free and a corporation to sponsor the additional broadcasts for either the entire season or on an independent basis.

You may not have noticed it but almost all of the games that are on the air have corporate backing. Such as most Canfield games have backing from R&J Trucking for instance. I think Boardman games are backed by A. P. O'Horo if I am not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-17, 03:46 PM
All Ohio

gotti544 is on a distinguished road
Responding to grandpa, Poland packed it in last season. Props to Lakeview for beating them, it is possible but very unlikely they pull the upset. Have seen both teams up close and Poland is very physical, Lakeview plays X Box football. But Pav is smart enough to know that's what he needs to do, because his players aren't physical.
Old 10-08-17, 04:26 PM
All Ohio

IIRC, Poland and Lakeview went into this game both at 4-3 last year. Poland was the favorite, but the crushing loss sent them into a tailspin 3game loss to finish 4-6. Lakeview finished with 2wins and last game loss to finish 6-4, just missing playoffs by .05. Lakeview had a lot of injuries last year and played lots of Soph in the lines.

I'll leave others to think the lines are weak. Experienced now and a year older, the Dogs are 6-1 and let one get away at Howland. Could lose this game but would appear they are prepping for an all out effort. Poland is very good. It should be interesting to say the least.

Lakeview is also going to be very good next year too.
Old 10-08-17, 05:12 PM
All American

Does lakeview return their QB next year? He's what makes the offense go
Old 10-08-17, 05:27 PM
All Ohio

The backup QB starts at WR and S. An outstanding athlete , he is a true dual threat. Soph. Good passer and excellent option QB with great speed. Another backup is a Soph and also a dual threat. Threw a TD pass at Edgewood. Lakeview will be loaded with returning RBs and receivers. Linemen will be seniors. Lakeview will have a different look , but lots of skill again and a QB who can run and throw.
Old 10-08-17, 05:54 PM
All American

Lakeview hasn't had a decent Rb since 2010
Old 10-08-17, 06:21 PM
All Ohio

And a winning record every year since then with multiple trips to the playoffs. An awful lot of butt hurt folks here.

Just face it.... Lakeview is competitive and will continue to be.

Let's hear about Poland.
Closed Thread