Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-30-17, 04:09 PM
All Ohio

BwickBlueDevil is on a distinguished road
Week 7: Elyria (1-5) vs Brunswick (3-3)

Brunswick is coming off a 28-14 loss to Solon while Elyria got their first win of the year against Shaker Heights 31-28. Thoughts and predictions?!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-17, 06:22 PM
Varsity

Friday night light is on a distinguished road
Brunswick wins this one at home. If Dante Beckett plays QB the whole game it will be a competitive ballgame. If the coaches son plays QB for Elyria I see a much easier win for the Blue Devils.
Old 09-30-17, 10:39 PM
Freshman

BrunswickBlueDevil is on a distinguished road
Brunswick needs to win this game to get back above.500 and restore the players confidence. QB Dante Beckett and LB Qwanda Woodson can keep Eryria in the game but Brunswick should win this one at home. It will be interesting to see the personnel on the field Friday as the Blue Devils played the second half of the Solon game with many underclassman playing on both sides of the ball. Those underclassman scored an offensive TD and held Solon to one first down, via penalty, and 24 yards in the second half.
Old 10-02-17, 12:14 PM
All Ohio

Moozedad is on a distinguished road
I love the way this Blue Devil team is trending. I feel like the new programs, techniques, play books are all taking hold. Other than the Mentor game we have been competitive in every game thus far.

I think the next step Brunswick needs to take is to dominate a team. No disrespect to Elyria, and it may not happen against Elyria, but I really think to continue to grow, to continue the renaissance of Brunswick football, that is the next step we need to see.

My theory on HS Football, with a program the size of Brunswick is this. We have 100+ kids on the Varsity/JV roster every year. Out of those 100+ students, the coaches ought to be able to find 15 to 20 good players every year. Those 15 to 20 good players will be the foundation for being able to compete. Then when a good or great class of athletes comes along every 3 to 5 years in a school this big, that is when you go from competing to making a deep run. I have not had a chance to see them yet, but I hear we might have one of those classes in this year's Freshman class. So the important thing this year is to build the foundation of being competitive so that when the good class comes along the rest of the team is ready.

We have competed in 5 of the 6 games this year and won 3 of them. Now this class needs to take it one step further.

Go Blue Devils!
Old 10-05-17, 08:54 AM
Freshman

BlueDevils#29 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I can NOT WAIT!!!

It is "Senior Dudes and Dads Night" for the Blue Devils which means the Senior players' fathers will be with them every step of the way this Friday. Pre-game, (coin toss for Captains Fathers), locker room, running through the tunnel, and on the sidelines with their sons throughout the entire game. I am going to go out on a limb and say that should be quite the advantage. It has been 6 years since I have stood on the sidelines with my son during a football game, and I can not wait!!! I would be remiss if I did not thank the coaching staff for giving all of us Senior fathers this incredible opportunity!! GO BIG BLUE!!!
Old 10-06-17, 03:59 PM
Freshman

BrunswickBlueDevil is on a distinguished road
It's game day! I hope BlueDevils#29 and the other "Senior Dudes and Dads" have a great night and inspire the Blue Devils to victory.
Old 10-06-17, 04:20 PM
All Ohio

BwickBlueDevil is on a distinguished road
GAMEDAY!!!

Good luck and good health to all..

GO BIG BLUE!!
Old 10-06-17, 04:45 PM
All Ohio

Moozedad is on a distinguished road
Here's hoping all the Senior Dudes and Dads have a Great Time and get to share a WIN!

Good Luck and Good Health to ALL! Keep Dads behind the line, the boys are fast!

Go Blue Devils!
Old 10-13-17, 07:52 AM
Freshman

BlueDevils#29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunswickBlueDevil View Post
Brunswick needs to win this game to get back above.500 and restore the players confidence. QB Dante Beckett and LB Qwanda Woodson can keep Eryria in the game but Brunswick should win this one at home. It will be interesting to see the personnel on the field Friday as the Blue Devils played the second half of the Solon game with many underclassman playing on both sides of the ball. Those underclassman scored an offensive TD and held Solon to one first down, via penalty, and 24 yards in the second half.
I think we need whoever is doing Euclid's Stats to do my sons.... No wonder their LB is rated so damn high. They gave him 13 solo tackles in the game against Brunswick and he may have gotten 3. Absolutely and completely inflated numbers!