Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-23-17, 05:50 AM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolX View Post
Pope, Can you part the stands and lead us to seats on the right hand side of God, I mean Specht?
Sounds like there were plenty of seats on the Moeller side opening up in the 4th quarter. Honestly thought this was going down to the wire. Moe lost their star QB late first half, but were already in a big hole with him playing first half.

Hope injured Moe QB McBride is back playing this coming week. He's quite a weapon for the Crusaders.

Thoughts from X or Moe fans who attended???

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 10-06-17 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-23-17, 06:28 AM
All Ohio

The Game
That was not a competitive game last night. Even when McBride was in there for most of the first half, the game was over and already decided. Hate to say it but X is on another level. I do not know the extent of McBride's injury, but it did not look good.....crutches and walking boot. I feel terrible for him because he was having a great season.
Old 09-23-17, 07:14 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
That was not a competitive game last night. Even when McBride was in there for most of the first half, the game was over and already decided. Hate to say it but X is on another level. I do not know the extent of McBride's injury, but it did not look good.....crutches and walking boot. I feel terrible for him because he was having a great season.
Isn't his main sport basketball? I hope this injury is not bad and affects his hoop season.
Old 09-23-17, 08:04 AM
All World

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
LS would have very much been in the mix for the D1 title in 2014. Iím not sure why you guys are struggling with this.
Because LaSally has never won a single D1 playoff game in their history much less 5 in a row
Old 09-23-17, 08:58 AM
All District

Eagle HOF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Sounds like there were plenty of seats on the Moeller side opening up in the 4th quarter. Honestly thought this was going down to the wire. Moe lost their star QB late first half, but were already in a big hole with him playing first half.

Hope injured Moe QB McBride is back playing this coming week. He's quite a weapon for the Crusaders.

Thoughts from X or Moe fans who attended???
I was shocked at the total chaos from the moeller staff at halftime. It was a spectacle to see for sure. Team was out in the open in a grassy area just behind the concession stand with no privacy. Don't know how they were going to make any adjustments in that environment. Locker room was too hot was the excuse I heard. Hello, it was 90 out, its your home field, have a plan for halftime. Apparently, the open environment gave a few parents the idea to come into the "Locker Room" and start yelling at coaches and the AD as well as coaching up their sons. What a sad sight for a big time program. I wonder if the same thing was happening on the st x side?
Old 09-23-17, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
Because LaSally has never won a single D1 playoff game in their history much less 5 in a row
Thatís a pretty dumb reason.
Old 09-23-17, 09:21 AM
All American

Quote:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this yappi thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 09-23-17, 09:52 AM
All Ohio

The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle HOF View Post
I was shocked at the total chaos from the moeller staff at halftime. It was a spectacle to see for sure. Team was out in the open in a grassy area just behind the concession stand with no privacy. Don't know how they were going to make any adjustments in that environment. Locker room was too hot was the excuse I heard. Hello, it was 90 out, its your home field, have a plan for halftime. Apparently, the open environment gave a few parents the idea to come into the "Locker Room" and start yelling at coaches and the AD as well as coaching up their sons. What a sad sight for a big time program. I wonder if the same thing was happening on the st x side?
The chaos going on was inexcusable. Police repeatedly having to come into the stands and coaches in the press box getting into shouting matches with fans is absolutely crazy. As a coach, you can't go down to that level. I know emotions were high for everyone but that behavior is embarrassing. There was more action going on in the stands than the field. It's okay to be passionate about the game and your team, but have some respect...fans and coaches.
Old 09-24-17, 02:28 PM
All American

Weekend wrap up.....

Iggy 30
Elder 28
Great back and forth game and the difference was the future D1 place kicker for Iggy. He hit 3 long FG's from 40, 45 and 55! Elder had a chance to fold late first half, down 10 (due to a tough penalty which led to an Iggy TD) but kept fighting back. Well done to both teams!

St. X 30
Moe 7
Moe drives length of field early for a 7-0 lead. Few seconds later, X returns kickoff for TD to tie the game. All X from there.

Winton Woods 18
LaSalle 15
Dangerous Winton Woods team beats defending state champions at LaSalle. Likely these 2 meet again in the playoffs. LaSalle defense is very good but they struggle to put points on the board.

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 09-24-17 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-24-17, 07:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
The chaos going on was inexcusable. Police repeatedly having to come into the stands and coaches in the press box getting into shouting matches with fans is absolutely crazy. As a coach, you can't go down to that level. I know emotions were high for everyone but that behavior is embarrassing. There was more action going on in the stands than the field. It's okay to be passionate about the game and your team, but have some respect...fans and coaches.

Sounds like some parents and coaches both need to grow up.
I hope this wasn't as bad as it sounds. Sadly, we all know there are a few parents on every team who make life miserable for everyone else in the stands.
Old 09-24-17, 08:16 PM
Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Amen to that Pope Francis! Not as bad as what everyone is making it out to be. Let's set the record straight. There was only ONE coach involved in the situation and that coach was wrong. Moeller relieved him of his coaching duties so he is no longer on staff. As for the parents involved I agree "Grow up!" GBM!
Old 09-28-17, 09:08 PM
All American

Here we go..... week 6 games

Elder at St X

LaSalle at Moeller
Old 09-29-17, 07:45 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
Wayne was by far the best team I saw in 2014 and they didn't even win the state title.
Which is kind of like LS losing a single game to X that year or Elder losing single games during the 2002 and 2003 seasons. LS would have absolutely contended for DI in 2014.

I don't understand why this is so hard for people.
Old 09-29-17, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What do the first four playoff games in program history with completely different teams and completely different players have to do with that season?
Old 09-29-17, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle HOF View Post
Wow!! No way this happens in a GCL South school! Wowzers!
Old 09-29-17, 09:57 AM
Varsity

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
This was just an absolutely stupid move on the part of the Moeller coaching staff. The team was inside a small area that was taped off with caution tape that was less than 10 yards from the stands and less than 15 yards from the concession stand. You have overzealous parents in every organization, but they set themselves up for failure with that move. They should have taken the team off to the end zone area or somewhere else if the locker room was too hot. I walked by on the way to the concession stand at halftime and some big guy was screaming at either his kid or the team in general from 5 feet away, while a few people tried to restrain him, he was the only one that I really saw acting a fool Absolutely unacceptable. That guys exists in every program. Keep moving nothing to see here in the GCL South LOL.
Old 09-29-17, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Just imagine if this would had happened at Winton Woods.
Old 09-29-17, 11:08 AM
All American

And the name of the program which does not have a few idiot parents in the stands is…???
Old 09-29-17, 11:24 AM
All World

Jteegardner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Just imagine if this would had happened at Winton Woods.
What's your point Don?
Old 09-29-17, 11:25 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
This was just an absolutely stupid move on the part of the Moeller coaching staff. The team was inside a small area that was taped off with caution tape that was less than 10 yards from the stands and less than 15 yards from the concession stand. You have overzealous parents in every organization, but they set themselves up for failure with that move. They should have taken the team off to the end zone area or somewhere else if the locker room was too hot. I walked by on the way to the concession stand at halftime and some big guy was screaming at either his kid or the team in general from 5 feet away, while a few people tried to restrain him, he was the only one that I really saw acting a fool Absolutely unacceptable. That guys exists in every program. Keep moving nothing to see here in the GCL South LOL.
Spoken like a true father of a St. X Football player.
Old 09-29-17, 12:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jteegardner View Post
What's your point Don?
My point is as stated. If this incident would had taken place with the WW staff, posters would had jump all over it. Sounding the dog whistles and saying flat out evil, crazy stuff. The incident really isn't a big deal and no one outside should even care about it.
Old 09-29-17, 12:35 PM
All American

GCL State Championships

1975 Moeller 14 St Eds 12
1976 Moeller 43 Gahanna Lincoln 5
1977 Moeller 14 Canton McKinley 2
1979 Moeller 41 Parma Padua 7
1980 Moeller 30 Massillon Washington 7
1982 Moeller 35 Massillon Washington 14
1985 Moeller 35 Canton McKinley 11
2002 Elder 21 Warren Harding 19
2003 Elder 31 St Eds 7
2005 St X 24 Massillon Washington 17
2007 St X 27 Mentor 0
2012 Moeller 20 Toledo Whitmer 12
2013 Moeller 55 Mentor 52
2014* LaSalle 55 Macedonia Nordonia 20
2015* LaSalle 42 Massillon Perry 0
2016 St X 27 St Iggy 20
2016* LaSalle 14 Massillon Perry 7
Old 09-29-17, 12:47 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Don seems a little paranoid today.
Old 09-29-17, 12:53 PM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
And insecure....yikes.
Old 09-29-17, 01:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The king of the one liner.
Old 09-29-17, 01:08 PM
All World

L Hand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Spoken like a true father of a St. X Football player.
So you think it was GOOD that parents were yelling at coaches and coaches were yelling at parents?

BTW, pretty sure this was the same thing most Moeller folks were saying, except they were saying lots of parents were yelling at coaches and coaches were yelling back.

Your post does make sense if you were that one idiot acting like an absolute fool. Hmmm....
Old 09-29-17, 01:15 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Hand View Post
So you think it was GOOD that parents were yelling at coaches and coaches were yelling at parents?

BTW, pretty sure this was the same thing most Moeller folks were saying, except they were saying lots of parents were yelling at coaches and coaches were yelling back.

Your post does make sense if you were that one idiot acting like an absolute fool. Hmmm....
Hummm..it wasn't
Old 09-29-17, 03:12 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
My point is as stated. If this incident would had taken place with the WW staff, posters would had jump all over it. Sounding the dog whistles and saying flat out evil, crazy stuff. The incident really isn't a big deal and no one outside should even care about it.
Dog whistles?

What is that supposed to mean?

Don if you have something that you want to say to all the people on Yappi then just say it.

I am a WW fan too but geez why try to build a strawman out of thin air ...and on the GCL S thread no less.
Old 09-29-17, 05:10 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lay off my boy DMR. He's legit.
Old 09-30-17, 02:25 PM
All American

GCL Week 6 Wrap Up....doesn't get any better for competitive games.....

From the Cincinnati Enquirer this morning....

"GCL SOUTH DRAMA: It was a night to remember Friday for the conference. LaSalle went the length of the field (98 yards!!!) to beat Moeller in the final seconds, 28-24, and St. X. stopped Elder on the 2 yard line in the final minute to hang on, 14-6."

This is what makes GCL football so exciting to watch....

Next week LaSalle at X to decide GCL title and Moeller at Elder... 2 more great games!