Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-18-17, 11:09 AM
All American

Myron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdog View Post
Lol. Thanks Myron – everything was going just fine in this thread early on in the season.
Old 09-18-17, 02:02 PM
All District

funguy72 is on a distinguished road
I was impressed with the BM air attack. Their QB looks to be tall, solid frame and has a strong arm. I was surprised that their defense bent as much as it did allowing Williams from NR to rush for more than 200 yards.
I can see the Rangers continue to struggle with passing teams and the Titans struggle against the run. It will be interesting to see the Amherst RB (Scagliozzo - spelling???) against the Titans D as I feel that he is more elusive/shifty than Williams.
Old 09-22-17, 09:31 PM
All Region

ThankYouJesus is on a distinguished road
What do you have to say now HDOG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThankYouJesus View Post
51-50!

The winner will be the first team to 51??

If that isn't BM there should be an immediate investigation as to why????
Seriously, HDOG when will you admit I get my info straight from the top and know what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who else predicted the winner to score 51!

Do you still think BM is headed in the right direction on defense???????????
Old 09-22-17, 09:33 PM
All Region

Get a clue Myron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron View Post
It would be real tough to do so in R1.

Remind those of us following this thread of the ax you have grinding about Berea-Midpark's (defensive?) coaching staff, so that we have more insight. I vaguely recalling you just burying the new staff last year on some other thread.
Please, start betting me weekly on the over-under for BM's defense............you are truly a fool if you think they have a clue on that side of the ball................what a D1 joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-17, 10:24 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Berea-Midpark needs some serious focus on defense. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 09-23-17, 07:28 AM
Junior Varsity

MY BALL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Berea-Midpark needs some serious focus on defense. This is getting ridiculous.
They definitely need work. I was hoping Amherst would win without completing a pass. They only went the 1st half without completing one. BM should be searching for a new defensive coordinator this morning.

Passerrello did a great job coaching last night. Moving the RB to QB was great. #6 played a whale of a game. Hopefully Passerrello can keep it rolling.
Old 09-23-17, 08:14 AM
All Region

Bobby Bushay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY BALL View Post
They definitely need work. I was hoping Amherst would win without completing a pass. They only went the 1st half without completing one. BM should be searching for a new defensive coordinator this morning.

Passerrello did a great job coaching last night. Moving the RB to QB was great. #6 played a whale of a game. Hopefully Passerrello can keep it rolling.
Wait... hold the phones....

In today's game, a D1 school was beat and scored over 50 points and the winning team did NOT complete a pass in the first half of the game???

Does anyone have stats from the game last night?
Old 09-23-17, 08:16 AM
All Region

Me too...................

Quote:

I actually feel bad for Hunek; he has the most creative, exciting offense in D1 but can't find a d-coordinator to hold people to just 28 points per game..............if he did, BM would NEVER lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-17, 08:18 AM
All Region

Yes, its true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bushay View Post

In today's game, a D1 school was beat and scored over 50 points and the winning team did NOT complete a pass in the first half of the game???

BM's defense is that bad! HDog, can Hunek hold the locker room together with everyone knowing, 15 games into his tenure, he has the WRONG defensive staff????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????
Old 09-23-17, 08:23 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
As big a fan of Avon lake football as I am, I have to realize Avon lake has a problem this year. All you have to do is look at the level 2 points and you will get a good idea there is a problem. O level 2 points almost seem impossible at the 5 week point in a season with a 3 and 2 record. Seems the only teams that Avon lake has beat are very weak teams. All teams that Avon lake have beat have 0 wins.
Old 09-23-17, 08:24 AM
All Region

Well Myron...................

Quote:
Remind those of us following this thread of the ax you have grinding about Berea-Midpark's (defensive?) coaching staff, so that we have more insight. I vaguely recalling you just burying the new staff last year on some other thread.
I feel bad for Hunek, the best offense in D1 football and the D can't hold people to just 28 points per game. The kids in the locker room deserve a REAL defensive staff with a CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you hate Hunek or the BM kids? Why do you support such a joke defensive scheme???????????????????????????????????????

15 games into the new D staff now.............are you still HAPPY fool?
Old 09-23-17, 08:33 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bushay View Post

Stats from the paper:

Team statistics

A BM

First downs 16 19

— by rushing 12 4

— by passing 3 15

— by penalty 1 0

Yards rushing 412 142

Yards passing 87 357

Total offense 499 499

Passes att./comp. 5/3 46/24

Intercepted by 1 0

Fumbles/lost 0/0 3/0

Penalties/yards 5/43 3/35

Individual statistics

RUSHING—(A) Khennedy Scagliozzo 32-294, Adam Shawver, 12-115, Joey Tomaro 1-3; (BM) Bryce Agnew 16-88, Jabriel Williams 3-27, Anthoney Miller 2-7, Trevor Byczinski 11-20.

PASSING—(A) Player Scagliozzo 3-4-87-1-0, Matt Fairchild 0-1-0-0-0. (BM) Byczinski 24-46-357-4-1.

RECEIVING—(A) Nathan Soto 1-16, Devin Holmes 2-71; (BM) Garrett Waite 8-156, Luis Vega 8-86, Williams 1-2, David Browning 3-37, Holland 2-19, Omar Siggers 2-33, JC Bricker 1-8, Agnew, 1-16.
Old 09-23-17, 12:52 PM
All Region

Start the investigation HDog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Stats from the paper:

Team statistics

A BM

First downs 16 19

— by rushing 12 4

— by passing 3 15

— by penalty 1 0

Yards rushing 412 142

Yards passing 87 357

Total offense 499 499

Passes att./comp. 5/3 46/24

Intercepted by 1 0

Fumbles/lost 0/0 3/0

Penalties/yards 5/43 3/35

Individual statistics

RUSHING—(A) Khennedy Scagliozzo 32-294, Adam Shawver, 12-115, Joey Tomaro 1-3; (BM) Bryce Agnew 16-88, Jabriel Williams 3-27, Anthoney Miller 2-7, Trevor Byczinski 11-20.

PASSING—(A) Player Scagliozzo 3-4-87-1-0, Matt Fairchild 0-1-0-0-0. (BM) Byczinski 24-46-357-4-1.

RECEIVING—(A) Nathan Soto 1-16, Devin Holmes 2-71; (BM) Garrett Waite 8-156, Luis Vega 8-86, Williams 1-2, David Browning 3-37, Holland 2-19, Omar Siggers 2-33, JC Bricker 1-8, Agnew, 1-16.

How could a team lose with that offense? Oh that's right, field the WORST defensive scheme in America....................wow. HDog, if you don't believe me, even after my latest - RIGHT ON - Friday night's prediction, start your own investigation!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-17, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I feel bad for Hunek, the best offense in D1 football and the D can't hold people to just 28 points per game. The kids in the locker room deserve a REAL defensive staff with a CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you hate Hunek or the BM kids? Why do you support such a joke defensive scheme???????????????????????????????????????

Let's see if they can move the ball and put up points against Avon and Midview before proclaiming B-M's offense the best in D1.
Old 09-24-17, 07:48 AM
All Region

Please define "fine" for me?

Quote:
HDog, Myron......................please define "fine" for me?

If everything was going fine, why is giving up over 50 points per game when you don't play an 0-4 team "fine"? Doesn't it make it harder to WIN? Can you really make the D1R1 playoffs with a defensive staff that gives up 50+ points per game.

They might not hit the 519 points allowed from last year, but, I'm missing the improvement, could you point it out to me

In advance, thank you for your response!
Old 09-24-17, 08:16 AM
All Region

E.S. Furgeson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let's see if they can move the ball and put up points against Avon and Midview before proclaiming B-M's offense the best in D1.
Right. And maybe a quick check in with Toledo Whitmer, Xavier, St. Edward and Canton Mckinley may be in order as well. I mean, Westlake, Lakewood and Ridgeville have great defenses and all but....
Old 09-24-17, 09:13 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.S. Furgeson View Post
Right. And maybe a quick check in with Toledo Whitmer, Xavier, St. Edward and Canton Mckinley may be in order as well. I mean, Westlake, Lakewood and Ridgeville have great defenses and all but....
Yeah, if they can't score on Avon and Midview, they sure as heck aren't going to score on the state D1 powers.

He is a bit overexuberant regarding the strengths and weaknesses of Berea-Midpark, but he is correct in that very few leagues...especially the SWC...are won by teams that are poor on defense.
Old 09-24-17, 11:33 AM
All American

Quote:

Dude, relax. I have no dog in this fight.

But now that you've jogged my memory about what your ax to grind was from last season, what are the adjustments you'd suggest the D.C. makes to his overall scheme, utilization of personnel, and practice techniques and practice philosophy?? Sounds like he could use your insight.
Old 09-24-17, 11:35 AM
All American

Quote:
Lol, so true
Old 09-24-17, 04:20 PM
All Region

English 101

Quote:
Lol, so true
Its called sarcasm boys.....BM's 3 wins have come against three 0-5 teams.

The point is, if you give up over 50 points per game and DO NOT have the best offense in the world, and really, even if you do, don't you think a team needs to be sound in special teams and get some shutdowns on defense.

Again, I predicted 51-50 in the BM / Amherst game, and that seems to have been more accurate than most predictions.
Old 09-24-17, 04:44 PM
All American

Yeh, about what I thought.

Thank you, Jesus
Old 09-24-17, 06:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Week 4 was predictable. On to Week 5! Winners in bold.

Amherst (3-1/2-1) at Berea-Midpark (3-1/3-0) -- The two feel good stories of the season, so far. This is a critical game if either of these two are to make the playoffs. I like the Titans' prolific offense to prevail.

Midview (4-0/3-0) at Avon (4-0/3-0) -- The big one! This should be the typical war between these two rivals. As much as I like the make up of the Middies team, I have to see them beat Avon without Dustin Crum before I can really appreciate their chances. I like Avon's QB, Pat Maloy, to shine in this one, just enough for the Eagles to win.

Avon Lake (2-2/1-2) at Lakewood (0-4/0-3) -- The Shoremen even up their record in the SWC play and for a playoff push.

Westlake (0-4/0-3) at North Olmsted (2-2/1-2) -- The Eagles keep pace in the D2/R6 playoff chase.

North Ridgeville (0-4/0-3) at Olmsted Falls (3-1/2-1) -- At some point the Rangers will wake up and play better, but the Bulldogs are winning this one regardless.
A little surprised Amherst outlasted Berea-Midpark, and that North Ridgeville finally found their footing...even though they lost. Otherwise, pretty much as expected. Midview battled Avon for a while, but Avon has a personnel edge. That does not mean the Middies won't be a dangerous playoff team.

As for this week? Winners in bold.

Olmsted Falls (4-1/3-1) at Amherst (4-1/3-1) -- The big game this week. The Comets and Bulldogs have historically played close games, and this one should fit that profile. I'll take the Bulldogs to win, but an Amherst win will not surprise me.

Avon (5-0/4-0) at Westlake (0-5/0-4) -- Ouch. This one should be over early, but Mike Elder will not run it up on his good friend Jason Hall.

Avon Lake (3-2/2-2) at North Ridgeville (0-5/0-4) -- the Rangers have talent, and put together a solid performance against Olmsted Falls. This one should be close, but I'll take the Shoremen to keep the Rangers winless.

Midview (4-1/3-1) at Berea-Midpark (3-2/3-1) -- The Middies had trouble with the receivers from Lorain and Avon, but they are also capable of wearing teams down with a strong rushing game and timely passing. Middies take out their frustrations from the Avon game on the Titans.

North Olmsted (3-2/2-2) at Lakewood (0-5/0-4) -- The Eagles are not a bad team, and they are in the playoff chase. They win big.

All road teams winning this week...maybe.
Old 09-24-17, 09:25 PM
All Region

Bobby Bushay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you look at Hunek's past and his record, he could honestly hold his own against anyone in the state as a play caller and overall offensive production. Look at what he has done at Maple Heights, St. Ed's, Massillon, and now BM as far as producing points. If you have not saw a game, go and watch his team play and say his offensive mind is not near the top of what you have witnessed as a fan/coach/player.

The teams you mentions above are all TOP tier teams every year. That is like saying a quick check in with Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Florida State compared to Kent, Akron, UNLV, and Sister Mary.

St. Ed's and Xavier can not be compared to anyone other than a Moeller/St. Ignatius.

JMO
Old 09-25-17, 05:31 AM
All Region

E.S. Furgeson is on a distinguished road
Exactly
Old 10-03-17, 07:39 AM
Junior Varsity

cjb56 where are the picks this week? Enjoy seeing your thoughts on the games.
Old 10-03-17, 08:35 AM
All District

funguy72 is on a distinguished road
The participation #'s at NR are lower than normal and possibly the lowest since many people can remember. Largely in part to injuries they are dressing about 38 players on Friday nights and are bouncing back and forth with having to cancel either a JV or Freshman game. I heard form a friend that other programs (Westlake, N.O., Lakewood and O.F.) are also seeing lower numbers than usual and I noticed that the Midview Freshman team seemed smaller in numbers than in the past.
Any thoughts as to why?
Old 10-03-17, 08:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
A little surprised Amherst outlasted Berea-Midpark, and that North Ridgeville finally found their footing...even though they lost. Otherwise, pretty much as expected. Midview battled Avon for a while, but Avon has a personnel edge. That does not mean the Middies won't be a dangerous playoff team.

As for this week? Winners in bold.

Olmsted Falls (4-1/3-1) at Amherst (4-1/3-1) -- The big game this week. The Comets and Bulldogs have historically played close games, and this one should fit that profile. I'll take the Bulldogs to win, but an Amherst win will not surprise me.

Avon (5-0/4-0) at Westlake (0-5/0-4) -- Ouch. This one should be over early, but Mike Elder will not run it up on his good friend Jason Hall.

Avon Lake (3-2/2-2) at North Ridgeville (0-5/0-4) -- the Rangers have talent, and put together a solid performance against Olmsted Falls. This one should be close, but I'll take the Shoremen to keep the Rangers winless.

Midview (4-1/3-1) at Berea-Midpark (3-2/3-1) -- The Middies had trouble with the receivers from Lorain and Avon, but they are also capable of wearing teams down with a strong rushing game and timely passing. Middies take out their frustrations from the Avon game on the Titans.

North Olmsted (3-2/2-2) at Lakewood (0-5/0-4) -- The Eagles are not a bad team, and they are in the playoff chase. They win big.

All road teams winning this week...maybe.
Sorry for the delay. No surprises last weekend. Every game went as predicted. There is a big game this week that will probably eliminate one team from the playoff chase, and keep the winner in it.

Week 7. Winners in bold.

Amherst (4-2/3-2) at Avon Lake (4-2/3-2) -- The Shoremen have worked their way back to a nice record. The Comets have been set down by Midview and Olmsted Falls, but they played Falls tough. The winner stays in the D2/R6 playoff chase. The loser is likely eliminated. This is an old SWC rivalry. I think it will be close, but I like the Comets to stay alive.

Lakewood (0-6/0-5) at Avon (6-0/5-0) -- A lot of people are going to choose to watch the Tribe game instead of this one. Avon wins big.

Berea-Midpark (3-3/3-2) at Olmsted Falls (5-1/4-1) -- The Bulldogs, because of the loss to Avon, are sort of flying under the radar, but they had a great win over Brecksville to start the season. The Bulldogs are a very good team and they win against their border buddies.

North Ridgeville (0-6/0-5) at North Olmsted (4-2/3-2) -- The Eagles are in solid playoff contention, led by their great RB Anders. The Rangers are having a very rough season. Eagles soar to victory.

Westlake (0-6/0-5) at Midview (5-1/4-1) -- Avon and Midview in back to back weeks for the Demons. The schedule maker did no favors for Coach Hall. Middies roll.
Old 10-03-17, 08:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy72 View Post
The participation #'s at NR are lower than normal and possibly the lowest since many people can remember. Largely in part to injuries they are dressing about 38 players on Friday nights and are bouncing back and forth with having to cancel either a JV or Freshman game. I heard form a friend that other programs (Westlake, N.O., Lakewood and O.F.) are also seeing lower numbers than usual and I noticed that the Midview Freshman team seemed smaller in numbers than in the past.
Any thoughts as to why?
It's happening everywhere. High school football simply is not as popular as it once was, and the concussion stuff is only harming the numbers even more.
Old 10-04-17, 10:38 AM
All Region

Quote:
Sorry for the delay. No surprises last weekend. Every game went as predicted.

Berea-Midpark (3-3/3-2) at Olmsted Falls (5-1/4-1) -- The Bulldogs, because of the loss to Avon, are sort of flying under the radar, but they had a great win over Brecksville to start the season. The Bulldogs are a very good team and they win against their border buddies.
What are your SPECIFIC expectations? Will the score be as BAD (one-sided) as last year or has BM closed the gap? Will OF score over 50? Will BM score over 50?

In advance, thanks for your insight!
Old 10-04-17, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What are your SPECIFIC expectations? Will the score be as BAD (one-sided) as last year or has BM closed the gap? Will OF score over 50? Will BM score over 50?

In advance, thanks for your insight!
My guess is Falls 42-28. I do think the B-M receivers will get loose a few times.