Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-07-17, 12:18 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 408
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Hudson at Stow on Thursday?

All the schedules I see have Hudson at Stow this coming week on Thursday 8/12. Can anyone confirm that it is on Thursday? And if so, why?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-07-17, 12:20 PM
bb9 bb9 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Location: Cleveland Western Suburbs
Posts: 327
bb9
I can confirm it is on Thursday. I don't know why.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-07-17, 12:33 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 3,720
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
There's several games on Thursday this week. It's an annual thing. Something with a teachers conference or something.

Ursuline-Boardman, Fairport Harding-Kirtland, Jefferson-Liberty, Niles-Girard, and Hudson-Stow are the oddball games on Thursday next week.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-07-17, 12:36 PM
Lep2002 Lep2002 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-12-01
Location: Liberty Ohio
Posts: 1,094
Lep2002 is on a distinguished road
I believe this game is on TV.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-07-17, 01:14 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 408
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9 View Post
I can confirm it is on Thursday. I don't know why.
Thanks for the confirmation. That really sucks for me coming from Erie. I'll be pretty tired on Friday. I won't get home from that game till about 12:00. Up at 5:30, then be coming back into Ohio for a Friday game. Putting HS football games on a Thursday is B.S!! Can you buy tickets online in advance?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-07-17, 01:20 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 3,720
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. That really sucks for me coming from Erie. I'll be pretty tired on Friday. I won't get home from that game till about 12:00. Up at 5:30, then be coming back into Ohio for a Friday game. Putting HS football games on a Thursday is B.S!! Can you buy tickets online in advance?
Jefferson-Liberty or Fairport Harding-Kirtland would be closer for you. Also, Brashear-Erie is on Thursday night as well.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-07-17, 02:03 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 408
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Jefferson-Liberty or Fairport Harding-Kirtland would be closer for you. Also, Brashear-Erie is on Thursday night as well.
Thanks, but all those games you mentioned I have zero interest in. I am very interested in Hudson at Stow. Those are usually great games.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-17, 02:45 PM
LICKING COUNTY FAN LICKING COUNTY FAN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-24-01
Location: Buckeye Lake
Posts: 20,327
LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
Getting set to make the longgggggg,drive to take this one in.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-12-17, 04:26 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 8,627
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Yep, that NEO teachers thing is Friday, so the schools are off.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-12-17, 06:55 PM
Wadz06 Wadz06 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-17-13
Posts: 1,816
Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
Any scores?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-12-17, 07:02 PM
Wadz06 Wadz06 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-17-13
Posts: 1,816
Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
Licking Fan, hit up Beef Obradys after the game. Decent food good atmosphere


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-12-17, 07:13 PM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 780
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Stow just scored to go up 21-10 over Hudson with 30 seconds left until halftime.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-12-17, 07:27 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 8,627
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Game is on Spectrum Sports, Channel 99 in Akron area.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-12-17, 07:34 PM
LICKING COUNTY FAN LICKING COUNTY FAN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-24-01
Location: Buckeye Lake
Posts: 20,327
LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
Hudson looks flat.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-12-17, 07:53 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Chestnut Ridge Park
Posts: 1,892
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Watching in Charlotte, NC. Technology is incredible! Stow looking good...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-12-17, 08:07 PM
Redwing Redwing is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-02-15
Location: Massillon
Posts: 356
Redwing is on a distinguished road
28-10 Stow after 3.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-12-17, 08:34 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 8,627
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Stow killing Hudson. Coryon Rice running wild. Stow lines dominating Hudson lines.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-12-17, 11:07 PM
SVillegrad SVillegrad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-05
Posts: 1,183
SVillegrad
That was a nice win for Stow. I think it may be time for me to re-elvaluate how good Wadsworth is. Saw them destroy Medina earlier this year but figured it was more about Medina being bad (which they are, but Wadz had running clock on them in the 3rd quarter), than Wadsworth being a state contender.

Crazy, but could we have an Surburban League state semifinal between Wadsworth and Barberton? Those schools are, what, 4 miles apart, but in different regions due to the Summit/Medina county line regional split.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-12-17, 11:58 PM
Henry37 Henry37 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-12-02
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,177
Henry37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVillegrad View Post
That was a nice win for Stow. I think it may be time for me to re-elvaluate how good Wadsworth is. Saw them destroy Medina earlier this year but figured it was more about Medina being bad (which they are, but Wadz had running clock on them in the 3rd quarter), than Wadsworth being a state contender.

Crazy, but could we have an Surburban League state semifinal between Wadsworth and Barberton? Those schools are, what, 4 miles apart, but in different regions due to the Summit/Medina county line regional split.
No, Barberton is going to beat Hoban. It probably won't be close. Hoban is an all star team.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-13-17, 01:07 AM
buckeye53 buckeye53 is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-30-14
Location: SierraNevadaMtns. NorCal.
Posts: 328
buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Big win for The Dogs. Great job gentlemen.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-13-17, 05:22 AM
chito chito is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-18-02
Posts: 407
chito is on a distinguished road
Very entertaining game, great win for Stow. Nori has done a great job not only turning it around but keeping it going there.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-13-17, 05:38 AM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 310
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry37 View Post
No, Barberton is going to beat Hoban. It probably won't be close. Hoban is an all star team.
Barberton is a very good team and I do believe they will play Hoban tough in a potential regional final. But the Magics will not beat a Hoban team in late November. Wadsworth will not get out of the region losing to Avon and Stow goes out in the first round. Good year for the Suburban league but as the past as shown they do not play a strong enough schedule to prepare them for a deep run in the playoffs. Hoban play's its best football in the post season and has the experience to make it to Canton.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-13-17, 05:46 AM
Wadz06 Wadz06 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-17-13
Posts: 1,816
Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
Cougar please tell me how many SL teams have been in the state finals or semi finals in the past 4-5 years?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-13-17, 08:19 AM
LewisandClark LewisandClark is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-19-14
Posts: 589
LewisandClark is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Barberton is a very good team and I do believe they will play Hoban tough in a potential regional final. But the Magics will not beat a Hoban team in late November. Wadsworth will not get out of the region losing to Avon and Stow goes out in the first round. Good year for the Suburban league but as the past as shown they do not play a strong enough schedule to prepare them for a deep run in the playoffs. Hoban play's its best football in the post season and has the experience to make it to Canton.
You are right - Hudson, Stow, Nordonia & Aurora haven't done anything over the last few years.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-13-17, 08:34 AM
raising4daughters raising4daughters is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-17-12
Posts: 396
raising4daughters is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVillegrad View Post
Crazy, but could we have an Surburban League state semifinal between Wadsworth and Barberton? Those schools are, what, 4 miles apart, but in different regions due to the Summit/Medina county line regional split.
The city of Broadview Heights actually spans 2 regions in D2. Its residents who attend Brecksville (50-65%) are in D5 while its residents who attend North Royalton (30-40%) are in D6.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-13-17, 08:43 AM
JimmyOhio75 JimmyOhio75 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-15
Location: Copley
Posts: 723
JimmyOhio75 is on a distinguished road
After watching Hoban dismantle Padua last week I am pretty confident that nobody is beating Hoban until possibly the third round of the D2 playoffs or the State Championship game. Very interested to see how LaSalle plays against SVSM tonight. LaSalle better easily beat St.V to have any chance of competing with Hoban. The only thing that is keeping me from crowning Hoban as the D2 Champs now is that they have a Freshman QB at the helm.
He is playing very well but it is very difficult to win a State Championship with a Freshman QB. Not saying it can’t be done, just saying it will be difficult. For the record I don’t see Barberton scoring more than 10-14 points on Hoban. That defense is legit.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-13-17, 11:34 AM
Lep2002 Lep2002 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-12-01
Location: Liberty Ohio
Posts: 1,094
Lep2002 is on a distinguished road
Stow's OL dominated Hudson. I felt like Hudson could have thrown all over the Stow defense but the OC really wanted to run the ball. Hudson should be going hurry-up all game. The QB is comfortable at that pace and it would tire opposing Defensive lines out and let the talented Hudson fwide receivers go to work.

How healthy is that #4 for Hudson? He is a really good WR but he got hurt st the end of the game. That would be a devastating loss for Hudson if he were to be out.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-14-17, 08:54 AM
cgtrojan1 cgtrojan1 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-23-12
Posts: 279
cgtrojan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lep2002 View Post
Stow's OL dominated Hudson. I felt like Hudson could have thrown all over the Stow defense but the OC really wanted to run the ball. Hudson should be going hurry-up all game. The QB is comfortable at that pace and it would tire opposing Defensive lines out and let the talented Hudson fwide receivers go to work.

How healthy is that #4 for Hudson? He is a really good WR but he got hurt st the end of the game. That would be a devastating loss for Hudson if he were to be out.
First, congrats to Stow on a pretty dominating performance.

As far as #4, my question is why is your Sr. wide receiver still in the game down three scores with a minute left? Why not get some game snaps under the lights for kids that you will need next year?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hudson Explorers 2017 cgtrojan1 Football 14 10-10-17 09:32 PM
Looking for some help with live updates on Thursday Yappi Football 6 08-24-17 04:14 PM
Week 1: Lake Catholic @ Stow lchsman Football 8 08-23-17 04:50 PM
Thursday or Saturday week one in NW Ohio? chs1971 Football 14 07-21-17 03:13 PM
2017 CW Columbus Thursday Night Lights Schedule Monarch_Pride Football 1 07-03-17 11:43 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz