Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-12-17, 06:27 PM
All Region

mother_goose is on a distinguished road
Very entertaining thread.
Old 10-12-17, 06:35 PM
Varsity

River_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Received the email this morning which went out to all X parents.

The police are not being involved.

The tailgates are pretty incredible.

Ignatius does it well. X does it better. Much better.

The problem seems to be a few idiots who show up before school lets out with coolers and lawn chairs.

The president already sent out an email earlier telling these few to knock it off. Apparently they are not listening.
Old 10-12-17, 06:40 PM
All World

FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle HOF View Post
Saw on the news where St X parents have been getting a little too rowdy at their tailgates to the point where the principle is shutting them down! Police are now going to be patrolling the tailgate to give out citations for those drinking. tisk tisk tisk bomber tuition payers. You would never catch any other school in the GCL enjoying a beer at a tailgate. wink wink.
Alter fans tailgate every year for the Fairmont game right there in the street.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-17, 06:42 PM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
What kind of lush do you have to be to not be able to put the bottle down long enough to enjoy a boys high school football game? How sad.
I agree, how dare an adult, put in a full week's work and have a few beers and or glasses of wine on a Friday night before a football game. That's just un-American. I hope Trump sends out a tweet to bring attention to this travesty.

Old 10-12-17, 06:43 PM
All District

Footballfan1212 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Eagle View Post
Received the email this morning which went out to all X parents.

The police are not being involved.

The tailgates are pretty incredible.

Ignatius does it well. X does it better. Much better.

The problem seems to be a few idiots who show up before school lets out with coolers and lawn chairs.

The president already sent out an email earlier telling these few to knock it off. Apparently they are not listening.
It's unfortunate this became an issue because a large majority are very responsible and have never had a problem
Old 10-12-17, 06:59 PM
All American

Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Oh whatever. This is freaking ridiculous. Hell, I've walked into Massillon carrying Captain and Diets before. Thank God Mrs. Arrington didn't catch me.

Thatís different though, you were on the team.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-17, 07:05 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Yes, I received my email "Important Information From St. Xavier High School" at 5:32 PM yesterday from the President of the school, Fr. Howe.
Personally, whether it's watching the Crooked Crudaders or the Iggy Mildcats up against my Suicide Bombers, it's always better with a cold adult beverage.
If you recall, JC's first miracle was turning water into wine at the wedding in Cana. So if He thinks it's a good idea for a party, who am I to disagree!

Sirach 26:14 "A silent wife is a gift from the Lord"
"It is better to live in a corner of a roof,
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman."

But if you must, at least you could tip a few back, right ?
Old 10-12-17, 09:13 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Sounds like some of the X parents needed their Pee Pees smacked. As the great Tom Meyer used to say: "A word to the wise should be sufficient". Be smart people
Old 10-12-17, 09:28 PM
All American

MoeBeturLojik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Saw on the news where St X parents have been getting a little too rowdy at their tailgates to the point where the principle is shutting them down! Police are now going to be patrolling the tailgate to give out citations for those drinking. tisk tisk tisk bomber tuition payers. You would never catch any other school in the GCL enjoying a beer at a tailgate. wink wink.
If only the principal had principles, this wouldn't happen.
Old 10-12-17, 09:31 PM
All American

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSoup View Post
Tailgates just got reinstated at X

They are going to have a quick sermon beginning at 5:00 followed by the passing of the donation basket which will continue until the lot is full.
The sermon will also be followed by communion and everyone taking communion
will then be allowed to share in the Holy Wine. wink wink

Indulgences will be available for a small donation fee. Act now! Visa or Mastercard accepted.
Old 10-12-17, 09:40 PM
All American

Quote:
That would hurt the economy on Montgomery rd. Moe fans use tailgating for medicinal purposes these days.
And Prozac is being passed around like candy.
Old 10-12-17, 10:20 PM
All Ohio

Reddengineer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I agree, how dare an adult, put in a full week's work and have a few beers and or glasses of wine on a Friday night before a football game. That's just un-American. I hope Trump sends out a tweet to bring attention to this travesty.

Do it at home, not a parking lot.
Old 10-13-17, 07:41 AM
All American

Daddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Kenwood CC? they wouldn't let you in Camargo?
#newmoney
Old 10-13-17, 08:03 AM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
I am curious as to Why St. X can't just ban the problem tailgaters from the school lot? I know at Elder for instance all tailgating is done in Elder and Setons lot, I am sure if any issues arise they would just bar that group from parking in those lots. At Elder, since it is all season pass holders, it makes it easy for them to identify the problem drinkers as they have assigned numbered spots. Seton would have a tougher task keeping them out as it is all paid parking night of game, however Elder is known for their tailgating and I have never noticed a single issue the past 20 years. They do have police patrols however they are not enforcing anything.
Old 10-13-17, 09:22 AM
All District

Eagle HOF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
I am curious as to Why St. X can't just ban the problem tailgaters from the school lot? I know at Elder for instance all tailgating is done in Elder and Setons lot, I am sure if any issues arise they would just bar that group from parking in those lots. At Elder, since it is all season pass holders, it makes it easy for them to identify the problem drinkers as they have assigned numbered spots. Seton would have a tougher task keeping them out as it is all paid parking night of game, however Elder is known for their tailgating and I have never noticed a single issue the past 20 years. They do have police patrols however they are not enforcing anything.
Agreed 100% I heard rumors not confirmed that OHSAA is considering sanctions against the Bombers due to the confession of rule violations. Any one else out there hear that??? This is getting way too much press on the news and will probably go national once a "concerned for our kids safety" bleeding heart reporter gets ahold of the story.
Old 10-13-17, 09:26 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
What kind of lush do you have to be to not be able to put the bottle down long enough to enjoy a boys high school football game? How sad.

Oh my. Look at Holier than Thou now out of his basement for an hour. Is this all you have lard-azz? Go away. Or, leave me a PM about how you're in my head when the exact opposite is true moron.
Old 10-13-17, 10:03 AM
All World

L Hand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agreed 100% I heard rumors not confirmed that OHSAA is considering sanctions against the Bombers due to the confession of rule violations. Any one else out there hear that??? This is getting way too much press on the news and will probably go national once a "concerned for our kids safety" bleeding heart reporter gets ahold of the story.
Wow for barely posting after the X (and following losses) by Moe, you certainly have gotten chatty in this thread.

As for the point, I think the problem is not the tailgating per se (i.e. beers and burgers for an hour before kickoff), but what has become (totally unnecessarily) a college type atmosphere including tailgating that tends to go on all game, meaning many people never even going into the game.

I have been "tailgating" (a couple of beers in blue cups with our coneys or chicken) with my dad for 15 years. I never miss the national anthem. This never has been and should not be a problem. The problem is the parents, a lot of them who only follow the program for 2-3 years, that have turned the parking lot into their Friday night party - walking around with blue-Jello shots, etc.

I don't intend to change my behavior - but then my behavior isn't the problem. Too bad a few over-the-top parents have spoiled it for everyone.
Old 10-13-17, 11:11 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
This never should have gotten this far- many schools tailgate this isn't a St.X exclusive problem. The buying of two tickets to go back to the parking lot during the game is pretty ridiculous, though. Sounds like people know who the problems are being caused by- should have been addressed by other alums/parents before it blew up to this level.
Old 10-13-17, 12:38 PM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Indeed, due to the new policy of no tailgating, all Bomber fans are invited to my estate in Indian Hill before the game. Please park your cars between my tennis courts and the new pool. May I suggest a game of polo in the afternoon for the guys, and if time permits, maybe a quick 18 holes at Kenwood Country Club. It's my understanding the ladies will spend the day shopping at Kenwood Towne Center to be followed by wine tasting at the country club.
Old 10-14-17, 10:17 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
How was the Tailgating last night at X? Did anybody get put in time out?
Old 10-14-17, 11:23 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
If your drinking results in a story on the five o'clock newscast, you might have a problem.
Old 10-15-17, 02:46 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfan1212 View Post
It's unfortunate this became an issue because a large majority are very responsible and have never had a problem
They should not have sent the email out to the entire school. This should have been kept within the football program and the media circus wouldn't have happened.
Old 10-15-17, 05:27 AM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They should not have sent the email out to the entire school. This should have been kept within the football program and the media circus wouldn't have happened.
Some of the offenders were alums, outside the football program. Plus, by calling attention to it, it puts the responsibility on those who do not abide by the rules. Give them credit; most schools have similar problems ( maybe not to this scale, but choose to ignore it. They faced it head-on.
Old 10-15-17, 07:59 AM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Schools do not allow open container or alcohol consumption at their events. Being drunk on school property does not mesh with outcomes&mission for most school Administrations/Boards.

A lot of schools that look the other way do not have any issues however; it only takes one drunk person or accident to have action taken. Sadly there has been an uptick in alcohol related injuries/deaths of HS or college athletes / students not of drinking age. So, OHSAA may make some examples of those schools that promote on property tailgating that involves alcohol.
Old 10-18-17, 10:39 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Some of the offenders were alums, outside the football program. Plus, by calling attention to it, it puts the responsibility on those who do not abide by the rules. Give them credit; most schools have similar problems ( maybe not to this scale, but choose to ignore it. They faced it head-on.
What problem? I've been to plenty of Ridge road / Day drive tailgates and they're the exact same. I've been to four years worth of St Edward tailgates as well. Heck the best part of the boys playing at Lakewood stadium was running across the street to McGinty's pub at halftime.
This isn't a football program problem. This is someone from outside the program that isn't having any fun and they don't want anyone else to have fun either.
Like I said, I've seen a few people show up before school is over and that obviously is not acceptable.
Otherwise, this is a whole lot to do about nothing.
Old 10-18-17, 10:47 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
How was the Tailgating last night at X? Did anybody get put in time out?
Heard the Canucks brought a lot of Labatt and Crown Royal to give things an international flavor. Some lit fans from the visiting team starting chanting "Let's play hockey!"
Old 10-18-17, 10:53 AM
All World

L Hand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What problem? I've been to plenty of Ridge road / Day drive tailgates and they're the exact same. I've been to four years worth of St Edward tailgates as well. Heck the best part of the boys playing at Lakewood stadium was running across the street to McGinty's pub at halftime.
This isn't a football program problem. This is someone from outside the program that isn't having any fun and they don't want anyone else to have fun either.
Like I said, I've seen a few people show up before school is over and that obviously is not acceptable.
Otherwise, this is a whole lot to do about nothing.
Well, I don't think people should be walking around with jello shots, I don't think tailgates need to start before 5, and I really think they should end at kickoff. And this is from someone who has tailgated with alcohol at high school games for over 20 years.

Did the X administration go overboard in addressing the really problematic behavior? Perhaps. But I can at least see that it seems to have progressively gotten worse over time at X games - which is funny because it also coincides with attendance inside the game progressively getting smaller and smaller.
Old 10-18-17, 11:04 AM
Junior Varsity

bombers92 is on a distinguished road
After hearing Fr. Howe talk at halftime of the radio broadcast about how we were hosting a record number of 8th graders and prospective students before football games, I suspect that had something to do with the issued statement.
Old 10-18-17, 11:09 AM
All American

bluengold
So, are the X tailgaters going to join the TailCaters this Saturday afternoon?
Historically they have combined the pre-game festivities in front of Byers Field.
Good camaraderie
Old 10-18-17, 11:12 AM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
This never should have gotten this far- many schools tailgate this isn't a St.X exclusive problem. The buying of two tickets to go back to the parking lot during the game is pretty ridiculous, though. Sounds like people know who the problems are being caused by- should have been addressed by other alums/parents before it blew up to this level.
This one did make me laugh a bit when I first heard they were doing this. I wonder if the cops in that area set up check points after the game?