Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-12-17, 08:26 AM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Excitement is in the air!! Stop by this mornings film session and dropped doughnuts off to the boys. They have a great deal of respect for the Panthers but are confident that WW will win! Impressed with film study abilities of the Warriors. They seem to be very knowledgeable on what Elder does. Should be a great game. Go Warriors!
Old 10-12-17, 08:29 AM
Varsity

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
First, Elder had many opportunities to win that game. I am not sure of the number, however they had several red zone opportunities wasted. The last of which was 1st and goal from the 5 with just under 2 minutes left. St. X dropped passes, however I have not talked to anyone who thinks a rematch would be any different. I think Elder would love to see St. X again in the R-4 playoffs. Simply put if Elder plays as well as they have the past three weeks, they have as good of a shot at winning R-4 as anyone else, if they can just make the playoffs. Lets not forget the week before St. X, Elder lost to St. I's on a 53 yard field goal. They have went toe to toe with the best teams in the state, except for St. Eds.

You seem to think the St. X vs Elder game was an outlier, but if you look at Elders full body of work it's leads a more compelling argument for Elder being pretty good this year and the St Eds game being the true outlier.
I hear a whole lot of "woulda, shoulda coulda" Here is the bottom line even if you score on that drive in the last two minutes you are still down 1 if you kick the XP. At best you tie if you go for two and convert. You did play the three top ranked schools in Division 1 and although you played admirably you lost to all 3, one in a blow out. Elder has a nice team, but rest assured X is definitely not scared of them, because Anybody can get it!!! #notgivinganycreditformoralvictories Good luck this week against WW, Elder controls its own destiny lets see what happens. I havent seen WW play so I cant give an informed opinion on the outcome of the game. Although I am not sure how LaSalle put up that many points against them with the Anemic offense that they have this year. Good luck to both sides and may everyone stay healthy and the better team win.
Old 10-12-17, 08:30 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
It's less people that think Winton Woods has a chance to win this ballgame than the previous 2 seasons.
Old 10-12-17, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
I hear a whole lot of "woulda, shoulda coulda" Here is the bottom line even if you score on that drive in the last two minutes you are still down 1 if you kick the XP. At best you tie if you go for two and convert. You did play the three top ranked schools in Division 1 and although you played admirably you lost to all 3, one in a blow out. Elder has a nice team, but rest assured X is definitely not scared of them, because Anybody can get it!!! #notgivinganycreditformoralvictories Good luck this week against WW, Elder controls its own destiny lets see what happens. I havent seen WW play so I cant give an informed opinion on the outcome of the game. Although I am not sure how LaSalle put up that many points against them with the Anemic offense that they have this year. Good luck to both sides and may everyone stay healthy and the better team win.
I agree LaSalles offense is not good. But they only put up 14 on Winton Woods. You think even that's too many. Winton Woods should had beat LaSalle 27-14. Warriors left points on the field.
Old 10-12-17, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
First, Elder had many opportunities to win that game. I am not sure of the number, however they had several red zone opportunities wasted. The last of which was 1st and goal from the 5 with just under 2 minutes left. St. X dropped passes, however I have not talked to anyone who thinks a rematch would be any different. I think Elder would love to see St. X again in the R-4 playoffs. Simply put if Elder plays as well as they have the past three weeks, they have as good of a shot at winning R-4 as anyone else, if they can just make the playoffs. Lets not forget the week before St. X, Elder lost to St. I's on a 53 yard field goal. They have went toe to toe with the best teams in the state, except for St. Eds.

You seem to think the St. X vs Elder game was an outlier, but if you look at Elders full body of work it's leads a more compelling argument for Elder being pretty good this year and the St Eds game being the true outlier.
It was 5 trips to the redzone
FG
FG
Int
Downs
Downs
Old 10-12-17, 09:39 AM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
On to tomorrow nights game. I favor WW slightly in this game. Elder fans know all to well how good Winston Woods can be defensively. I think if Bittner gets the start or most of the reps at QB, Elder will be able to use his athleticism to provide time in the passing game and offer a more dynamic run game. If he gets the nod at QB, I think Elder wins. If they go back to the two QB rotation, I just don't see Elders offensive line holding off WW's pass rush or getting the run game going.

For WW the key to the game will be can WW finish their drives. Elder will give up long drives, the key in this series has always been can WW finish those drives and avoid penalties and turnovers. Also, Elder is always susceptible to big plays against teams with more speed. If Elder can keep WW in check from big plays, then it will force WW to make the long sustained drives.

Special teams wise, Elder has struggled in the kicking game at times. They will need to kick the ball into the end zone as often as possible. Also Elders punter has been erratic. Elder can only kick very short field goals. So if special teams are the difference, advantage WW.
Old 10-12-17, 09:51 AM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
This game comes down to can Elder check the Warriors receivers, if not the Warriors will have a easy Homecoming victory.
Old 10-12-17, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

Offensively I think Elder can move the ball, but like against X will they be able to get points. Can't drive it between the 20s and stall out. FGs will not win this game.

Defensively, the front 7 for Elder will be the key. If they're able to keep the WW running game in check, it will allow more help covering the WRs. From the LS game, WW was able to connect on the 10 yard post/slant route with very good timing. If the Elder LBs aren't worried as much about the run, they'll be able to drop in that passing lane. They've also shown that they can cover the deep route better this season than year's past. A lot of that can be attributed to Kearns moving from OLB back to CB.
Old 10-12-17, 10:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Offensively I think Elder can move the ball, but like against X will they be able to get points. Can't drive it between the 20s and stall out. FGs will not win this game.

Defensively, the front 7 for Elder will be the key. If they're able to keep the WW running game in check, it will allow more help covering the WRs. From the LS game, WW was able to connect on the 10 yard post/slant route with very good timing. If the Elder LBs aren't worried as much about the run, they'll be able to drop in that passing lane. They've also shown that they can cover the deep route better this season than year's past. A lot of that can be attributed to Kearns moving from OLB back to CB.
A converted OLB trying to cover Prince? Good luck with that. Everyone except Northmont played zone and still got destroyed over the top.
Old 10-12-17, 10:42 AM
Freshman

hawangatang is on a distinguished road
I see Elder taking this one easily
E 42
WW 14
Old 10-12-17, 10:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
A converted OLB trying to cover Prince? Good luck with that. Everyone except Northmont played zone and still got destroyed over the top.
Key phrase, "back to CB." Probably Elder's best cover guy, but physical enough to start at OLB for the first few games this year.
Old 10-12-17, 12:59 PM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawangatang View Post
arty:i see elder taking this one easily
e 42
ww 14

no way elder scores 42!!lol
Old 10-12-17, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
I've only been to a few Elder games this year, but one thing I have noticed is this is probably the most physical Elder team I've seen in years. At least since 2012. They also look well conditioned and it's been forever since you could say that about an Elder team. They do have a fairly new S&C coach right? Maybe that is finally starting to pay off.

As for Friday, who knows what happens. Like CincyHS fan said I do think Bittner gives them a much better chance to win. I think WW would be able to tee off on Nieman.
Old 10-12-17, 04:04 PM
All American

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Will WW have a live stream. Or will Time warner have a delayed broadcast
Old 10-12-17, 06:20 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Great question, I think Elder broadcast all their games on radio
Old 10-12-17, 10:12 PM
Varsity

mike45069 is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods should get nothing but respect and admiration from everyone. The schedule they play and a tradition of winning. Saw them lose a 7-6 game against Loveland the year Loveland went 15-0. Winton Woods was just a clean, hard nosed team that looked very disciplined and just played football. I'm not surprised at all they're so successful this year. A few years back they just lacked enough bodies to have 22 different starters, but were still good enough to win a state title that year (loveland, mt healthy, and Winton woods were pretty even).

This year seems like they have more depth, and that special something that makes me think they will at least win this region and have a chance in week 14. Too bad they play Moeller in week 10. That's a very physical team to play before the playoffs. Would have liked to see an easier week 10 game to heal up and be healthy for week 11. Haven't seen Elder, but I'd say winton woods 20, elder 14. Hard to beat elder by a lot, they play so hard and usually have talent. Great game for both teams, should be a loud stadium all night.
Old 10-12-17, 10:55 PM
All Region

Man Up is on a distinguished road
We’ve been pretty fortunate at times with all the penalties and still be able to come away with victories, however, will this be the week that it catches up with us and bites us. After all we are who we are, and we just have to play smart and under control while not losing our intensity. Silly penalties.

I believe WW will win this game if we limit our penalties and take care of the ball

No More Excuses
Go Warriors
Old 10-13-17, 07:16 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Will WW have a live stream. Or will Time warner have a delayed broadcast
If there is a live video stream it will be via Waycross media. More likely it will be taped and put up Saturday or Sunday morning. Elder will have it's radio team there.
Old 10-13-17, 07:29 AM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
My two cents......

Elder fans... welcome tonight to Forest Park and enjoy the game.
This is gonna be a HARD hitting fun game to watch I think.
You will be surprised at the slightly different look of this WW team than what you have seen the last two years.

The quality of the WW passing game is not something to ignore.
I guarantee you Elder coaches are not doing that.
WW Senior QB did not play against Elder last season due to injury.
He looks and plays the part very well.
Absolute cannon for an arm and he is very experienced playing against tough teams week after week.
The receivers are legit big time playmakers.
Soph RB will be known to all Cincy HS fans by the time he graduates.

D line is good and definitely the LB's are as good a group as you will find in Ohio.
DB's are great athletes (still say we should play more zone lol)

It has been brought up earlier this season that the O line is not deep.
I hear they have players now returning who have been out.

WW guys are all the players now back on the O line that had been out?
Old 10-13-17, 10:54 AM
Freshman

Oats is the most overrated player in the city. Elder's o-line will absolutely destroy him. This is why I predicted 42 points.

Last edited by hawangatang; 10-13-17 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-13-17, 10:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oats is the most overrated player in the city. Elder's oline will absolutely destry him. This is why I predicted 42 points.
Could this be a DMR or warriorblue alter trying to stir the pot and motivate the Warriors?
Old 10-13-17, 11:07 AM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Could this be a DMR or warriorblue alter trying to stir the pot and motivate the Warriors?
ADS it must be true.

Just got a text form Doug Ramsey saying the same thing.

A plane just flew over WWHS with a banner that read...

"Oats is the most overrated player in the city. Elder's oline will absolutely destry him. "

ANYONE who knows the meaning of the word "destry" please post.
Old 10-13-17, 11:13 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
Great question, I think Elder broadcast all their games on radio
Correct. 740 AM, 910 AM and 89.5 FM. There will also be streaming on www.ehsports.com and in the EHS Mobile app for iOS (http://goo.gl/xIKKd4 ) and Android (http://goo.gl/fT7u8M ).
Old 10-13-17, 11:26 AM
Freshman

Sorry Over The Hills I had a little typo last time I checked I was human... or am I???
Old 10-13-17, 11:47 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Think this game will know doubt be physical! I'm going with Elder in a close one! Seems WW always has a few Turnovers and a lot of penalty yds in this match up.
Old 10-13-17, 12:49 PM
Freshman

Quote:
lol by no means am I either DMR or warrior blue... you have absolutely no clue who I am!
Old 10-13-17, 01:03 PM
All American

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sorry Over The Hills I had a little typo last time I checked I was human... or am I???
Hmmm. No video stream from WW??? Will there be a tape delay on Cable. Anybody
Old 10-13-17, 01:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
lol by no means am I either DMR or warrior blue... you have absolutely no clue who I am!
Ok, ok. You got me. I am hawangatang.
Old 10-13-17, 01:51 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Ok, ok. You got me. I am hawangatang.
Actually I am hawangatang, and I have absolutely no relation to DonMagicRon... kinda stupid name if you ask me!
Old 10-13-17, 02:57 PM
All District

Elder4Life is on a distinguished road
Does WW make you pay for parking?