Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-12-17, 04:10 PM
flash18 flash18 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-14-17
Posts: 11
flash18 is on a distinguished road
Off_tackle08 (Coach Miller) I guess all the yappi posters that are picking Massie finally got to you. First, you start off saying "no disrespect to Massie" then you downgrade their schedule. Obviously, both teams should be 7-0 going into this week. Both teams have played subpar competition with the exception of Coldwater. Coldwater in a so called down year ( I assume you say this because they have lost 2 games) against 2 real good football teams is still a quality win against a great program. Further, in case you didn't hear we dominated them except for 2 long passing plays. Without those 2 big plays I believe we hold them to around 50 yards total.

Next, let's talk of the big boys in the trenches. I can assure you they are not soft. Your Boys are big no doubt but there is a difference between big and slow and being big, fast and athletic. There is a reason you run a deep I-formation. Just a guess but probably because your guards are slow and it takes them a while to pull. Everyone knows we all see it on film.

Good luck Greg.... You know what is coming.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-12-17, 06:31 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,392
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash18 View Post
Off_tackle08 (Coach Miller) I guess all the yappi posters that are picking Massie finally got to you. First, you start off saying "no disrespect to Massie" then you downgrade their schedule. Obviously, both teams should be 7-0 going into this week. Both teams have played subpar competition with the exception of Coldwater. Coldwater in a so called down year ( I assume you say this because they have lost 2 games) against 2 real good football teams is still a quality win against a great program. Further, in case you didn't hear we dominated them except for 2 long passing plays. Without those 2 big plays I believe we hold them to around 50 yards total.

Next, let's talk of the big boys in the trenches. I can assure you they are not soft. Your Boys are big no doubt but there is a difference between big and slow and being big, fast and athletic. There is a reason you run a deep I-formation. Just a guess but probably because your guards are slow and it takes them a while to pull. Everyone knows we all see it on film.

Good luck Greg.... You know what is coming.
Uh, Massie running clock.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-12-17, 06:54 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,392
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash18 View Post
Off_tackle08 (Coach Miller) I guess all the yappi posters that are picking Massie finally got to you. First, you start off saying "no disrespect to Massie" then you downgrade their schedule. Obviously, both teams should be 7-0 going into this week. Both teams have played subpar competition with the exception of Coldwater. Coldwater in a so called down year ( I assume you say this because they have lost 2 games) against 2 real good football teams is still a quality win against a great program. Further, in case you didn't hear we dominated them except for 2 long passing plays. Without those 2 big plays I believe we hold them to around 50 yards total.

Next, let's talk of the big boys in the trenches. I can assure you they are not soft. Your Boys are big no doubt but there is a difference between big and slow and being big, fast and athletic. There is a reason you run a deep I-formation. Just a guess but probably because your guards are slow and it takes them a while to pull. Everyone knows we all see it on film.

Good luck Greg.... You know what is coming.
Uh, Massie running clock.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-12-17, 06:59 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 274
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Since you want to call people by name, what's your name tough guy?

If that's the coach Miller I know you won't rattle him or any coach on the Goshen staff.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-12-17, 08:32 PM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 930
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash18 View Post
Off_tackle08 (Coach Miller) I guess all the yappi posters that are picking Massie finally got to you. First, you start off saying "no disrespect to Massie" then you downgrade their schedule. Obviously, both teams should be 7-0 going into this week. Both teams have played subpar competition with the exception of Coldwater. Coldwater in a so called down year ( I assume you say this because they have lost 2 games) against 2 real good football teams is still a quality win against a great program. Further, in case you didn't hear we dominated them except for 2 long passing plays. Without those 2 big plays I believe we hold them to around 50 yards total.

Next, let's talk of the big boys in the trenches. I can assure you they are not soft. Your Boys are big no doubt but there is a difference between big and slow and being big, fast and athletic. There is a reason you run a deep I-formation. Just a guess but probably because your guards are slow and it takes them a while to pull. Everyone knows we all see it on film.

Good luck Greg.... You know what is coming.
Iím sure Coach Miller will laugh when he reads you think Iím him. I doubt he has time during the day to just peck away at yappi.

Anyways... I didnít knock Massie or anyone from Massie. I support the Falcons but Iím also a fan of former players and when theyíre having success, Iím going to root them on as well.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-12-17, 11:52 PM
Massie Massie is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-10-06
Posts: 374
Massie is on a distinguished road
Can we stay on topic?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-13-17, 05:45 AM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 930
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massie View Post
Can we stay on topic?
Sure can! Will Massie pack the stands tonight or will they travel light since most think it's going to be a $&!? show?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-13-17, 05:56 AM
bulldog5704 bulldog5704 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-28-04
Location: Bethel,OH
Posts: 892
bulldog5704 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
They brought a good amount to Batavia...should be a nice gate for Goshen.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-13-17, 06:52 AM
noclue noclue is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-21-17
Posts: 30
noclue is on a distinguished road


Get your popcorn ready!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-13-17, 07:28 AM
MassieFan MassieFan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-04-14
Posts: 128
MassieFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
Sure can! Will Massie pack the stands tonight or will they travel light since most think it's going to be a $&!? show?
You will not have to worry about a small crowd. I think you know Massie travels well. Not sure what Goshen normally gets out of visiting fans but this should be one of their largest gates.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-13-17, 05:48 PM
Teddy1 Teddy1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-13
Posts: 175
Teddy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassieFan View Post
You will not have to worry about a small crowd. I think you know Massie travels well. Not sure what Goshen normally gets out of visiting fans but this should be one of their largest gates.
Not the Cm following I've seen over the last several years a little surprised by the lack of
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-13-17, 06:47 PM
Massie Massie is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-10-06
Posts: 374
Massie is on a distinguished road
Massie 14-7 just before the half. Goshen is going both ways. I can’t imagine they’ll keep up.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-13-17, 06:57 PM
Teddy1 Teddy1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-13
Posts: 175
Teddy1 is on a distinguished road
Ghs 14 Massie 14 halftime
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-13-17, 06:58 PM
Massie Massie is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-10-06
Posts: 374
Massie is on a distinguished road
halftime tied at 14
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-13-17, 06:59 PM
Massie Massie is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-10-06
Posts: 374
Massie is on a distinguished road
I sure hope the jacks at walh radio fix their audio, this is a terrible broadcast.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-13-17, 07:04 PM
abshiresean abshiresean is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-22-17
Posts: 94
abshiresean is on a distinguished road
Good game

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-13-17, 07:37 PM
Teddy1 Teddy1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-13
Posts: 175
Teddy1 is on a distinguished road
Ghs 20-14 halfway in 3rd
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-13-17, 08:39 PM
CHS91 CHS91 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-15-10
Posts: 863
CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Clinton Massie loses.. 33-31
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-13-17, 08:40 PM
gds15 gds15 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-17
Location: Batavia, Ohio
Posts: 18
gds15 is on a distinguished road
Goshen wins 33-31 on a last-second field goal.

https://twitter.com/clersunsports/st...14153020428288
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-13-17, 08:56 PM
parenttarget parenttarget is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-21-14
Posts: 25
parenttarget is on a distinguished road
Running clock??? The only time there should have been a running clock was when the officials should have told your coach to get his arse
off the field when he was obviously trying to ice the kicker before the final field goal. Welcome to the SBC.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-13-17, 08:58 PM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 775
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Goshen!

I'll get in line first to eat some crow!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-13-17, 09:08 PM
rocketman82 rocketman82 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-29-07
Posts: 86
rocketman82 is on a distinguished road
Well I guess as Rick Flair would say, "If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man!" I stand corrected. Goshen is legit!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-13-17, 09:16 PM
Teddy1 Teddy1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-13
Posts: 175
Teddy1 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=hoser;6868197]Uh, Massie running clock.[/
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-13-17, 09:22 PM
Trap Trap is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-31-10
Posts: 43
Trap is on a distinguished road
Congrats Goshen on a great win.

CM... welcome to the SBAAC.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-13-17, 09:46 PM
flash18 flash18 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-14-17
Posts: 11
flash18 is on a distinguished road
I am eating crow..... I think most underestimated this Goshen team including myself our players and our coaches. Great win. Kudos to Coach Miller, the Goshen players and the coaching staff. Great game plan. Very hard nosed players and it was a great game to watch.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-13-17, 10:07 PM
bulldog5704 bulldog5704 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-28-04
Location: Bethel,OH
Posts: 892
bulldog5704 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
Here for my crow as well...very big w for Goshen well done men
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-13-17, 10:38 PM
MassieFan MassieFan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-04-14
Posts: 128
MassieFan is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to the Warriors on the victory. Great effort and game. This was an awesome high school football game and great atmosphere. The Falcons have some work to do but they will be heard from again this season.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-13-17, 10:57 PM
lmbhngr lmbhngr is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-08-17
Posts: 4
lmbhngr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbhngr View Post
Goshen has played one team with a winning record...Hillsboro...and Hillsboro's 2 losses were against the only 2 teams they've played with winning records. Kudos to Goshen for being 7-0, but they haven't been on the field with anyone like CM. I agree...another running clock starting the 3rd qtr...and I'll be surprised if it isn't.
Wow...I'm surprised...too many mistakes on CM's part and mistakes won't win the big games. Kudos to Goshen, they earned the win.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-13-17, 11:22 PM
abshiresean abshiresean is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-22-17
Posts: 94
abshiresean is on a distinguished road
I haven't been to a playoff game but i would expect it to be just as good as this one. Both teams executed game plans and left it all on the field. Much respect to Massie and hope they win out with playoff glory.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-13-17, 11:56 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 274
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Jim Brown Stadium is one of the most underrated venues in the Cincinnati area. Great place to watch a game.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tallmadge 2017 Football Schedules Yappi Tallmadge Blue Devils 21 10-16-17 03:11 AM
St. Vincent- St. Mary 2017 clarkgriswold Football 125 10-11-17 10:11 PM
2017 Massillon Tiger Football DB135 Massillon Tigers 19 10-10-17 03:09 PM
2017 OHSAA Last Man Standing Contest (Week 5) Sykotyk Football 24 09-21-17 08:24 AM
2017 OHSAA Last Man Standing Contest (Week 3) Sykotyk Football 30 09-07-17 06:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz