Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-11-17, 08:28 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StruthersAlum1999 View Post
Am I missing something? I just re-read the thread and I'm not sure what the last two posts were in reference to. I don't see anyone calling for changes of any kind.
Itís not so much about your posts. For years when the cats drop a game or two, thereís always a couple of guys on here that pretty much call for Kuntz to be let go. But when the cats win they are silent.
  #62  
Old 10-11-17, 12:19 PM
ComoCat ComoCat is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-04-15
Posts: 177
ComoCat is on a distinguished road
The veteran Struthers posters all know each other, and I'm sure many fans know who they are also. Fear of being blacklisted by the staff or other grads prevents you from being honest on here all the time. I on the other hand have no ties to the staff and speak freely. I'm not a troll. This forum is for opinions. Forgive me for being passionate after a loss. I wouldnt trade this staff for any other.
  #63  
Old 10-11-17, 12:22 PM
Struthers wildcat Struthers wildcat is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-11-16
Posts: 248
Struthers wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Itís not so much about your posts. For years when the cats drop a game or two, thereís always a couple of guys on here that pretty much call for Kuntz to be let go. But when the cats win they are silent.
Spread nobody is arguing that the program is better now with Kuntz compared to the last few coaches and nobody is calling for his job . But the Poland loss was embarrassing . Poland is definitely better then us this year but they arenít 33-0 better. Is the program really in a good position if all we do is lose to d4 or d3 schools but we always beat d5 or D6 schools ? I personally like Kuntz and think for the most part he does a good job but his offense is predictable he needs to add some wrinkles to it and every once an a while throw the ball . The only time he really Thows the ball is when he is across the 50 if I picked up on that you know all of the high school coaches picked up on it . Itís hard to run the ball 30 times a game against 9 man fronts.
  #64  
Old 10-11-17, 12:42 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
The passion is good. Let’s just not forget where we were just a short time ago.

And yes the offense needs some work. I will definitely say that much. Too bad the cats have 1 capable receiver right now. The others are prone to drops.
  #65  
Old 10-11-17, 01:47 PM
Tcat500 Tcat500 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 35
Tcat500 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
The passion is good. Letís just not forget where we were just a short time ago.

And yes the offense needs some work. I will definitely say that much. Too bad the cats have 1 capable receiver right now. The others are prone to drops.
I wouldnt say prone to drops, Spread. Haven't seen many flat out drops. Remember we have an inexperienced QB who is still learning to read defenses. We will be alright, just have to go through some growing pains. However as everyone has stated the play calling could help by putting the kids in better situations to succeed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  #66  
Old 10-11-17, 01:50 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcat500 View Post
I wouldnt say prone to drops, Spread. Haven't seen many flat out drops. Remember we have an inexperienced QB who is still learning to read defenses. We will be alright, just have to go through some growing pains. However as everyone has stated the play calling could help by putting the kids in better situations to succeed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
For the amount of times we pass, there have been too many drops.

Hall is coming along. He is a good ball player. Play calling needs to get better to help him / the offense.

Looking forward to seeing Mitchell play this Friday.
  #67  
Old 10-11-17, 01:51 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthers wildcat View Post
Spread nobody is arguing that the program is better now with Kuntz compared to the last few coaches and nobody is calling for his job . But the Poland loss was embarrassing . Poland is definitely better then us this year but they arenít 33-0 better. Is the program really in a good position if all we do is lose to d4 or d3 schools but we always beat d5 or D6 schools ? I personally like Kuntz and think for the most part he does a good job but his offense is predictable he needs to add some wrinkles to it and every once an a while throw the ball . The only time he really Thows the ball is when he is across the 50 if I picked up on that you know all of the high school coaches picked up on it . Itís hard to run the ball 30 times a game against 9 man fronts.
Fair point. But for reference.
The cats have lost to 1 d 4 school. And 1 d 3 school.

They have beaten 1. D 3 - 1 d 4 and 2 d6. Poland and Canfield are really good.
This week if they lose that argument will have standing.
  #68  
Old 10-11-17, 01:56 PM
Tcat500 Tcat500 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 35
Tcat500 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
For the amount of times we pass, there have been too many drops.

Hall is coming along. He is a good ball player. Play calling needs to get better to help him / the offense.

Looking forward to seeing Mitchell play this Friday.
Also too many errant throws. He is a good ball player but could use the help of the qb coach being his OC.

Yes Mitchell will help tremendously this week and here on out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  #69  
Old 10-11-17, 02:35 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcat500 View Post
Also too many errant throws. He is a good ball player but could use the help of the qb coach being his OC.

Yes Mitchell will help tremendously this week and here on out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Right errant throws do happen... this is why Kuntz doesnít throw the ball on his own side of the field usually. A screen or dumpoff are different.
  #70  
Old 10-11-17, 05:23 PM
BTrev BTrev is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-02-14
Location: Struthers, Ohio
Posts: 966
BTrev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Not gonna get into it anymore than I have. -

What do you agree with them on? Curious that you didnít say anything.

Yes IF the cats make the playoffs they are probably a 1 and done. I would consider that a success this season with the lack of experience. They have to take great leaps forward on the lines to be a contender next year. Letís not get ahead of ourselves.

The cats have a great chance to win this Friday.

Drew p. Has them finishing 7-3 with a 7 seed in the region. A 7 seed would land us vs Perry or Steubenville. Maybe a possible Poland rematch
I'm not going back through old threads to give specifics... but I can't really think of too much they've said that makes no sense at all.

T only thing that comes to mind is when Como was complaining that you were closing the threads too soon. I don't see what it would hurt to leave them open a little while longer than you have been, but it's not that big a deal. And I know for a fact that you don't do it to protect coach's ego or anything like that. lol
  #71  
Old 10-11-17, 05:28 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Posts: 1,585
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
People can always go to the gridiron meetings and speak their opinion.... bet nobody would tho
  #72  
Old 10-11-17, 05:48 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post
I'm not going back through old threads to give specifics... but I can't really think of too much they've said that makes no sense at all.

T only thing that comes to mind is when Como was complaining that you were closing the threads too soon. I don't see what it would hurt to leave them open a little while longer than you have been, but it's not that big a deal. And I know for a fact that you don't do it to protect coach's ego or anything like that. lol
Eh I just figure the talk can be on the next weeks thread. And thanks.
  #73  
Old 10-11-17, 06:22 PM
Struthers wildcat Struthers wildcat is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-11-16
Posts: 248
Struthers wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
People can always go to the gridiron meetings and speak their opinion.... bet nobody would tho
I have never been to a gridiron meeting before but I have heard Kuntz donít take questions . So if thatís true whatís the point of going.
  #74  
Old 10-11-17, 06:36 PM
Gardens35 Gardens35 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-10-09
Posts: 1,822
Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
Grab some pom poms and get in step with the fellas.
  #75  
Old 10-12-17, 12:39 AM
BTrev BTrev is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-02-14
Location: Struthers, Ohio
Posts: 966
BTrev is on a distinguished road
I've been to several Gridiron Meetings in the past. Maybe 20 or so.
I always got along with everyone... no complaints. A lot of family friends and familiar faces are always there. Everyone was always very nice... but I was always the youngest one there. If more people in my age demographic went to the meetings, I'd probably feel more comfortable. lol

I'm sure if anyone went to the meetings and wanted to have a brief word with Coach, as long as they approached him in a respectful manner, he wouldn't mind.

They always had something good to eat, too. Elmton pizza, chili dogs, sausage sandwiches, etc.
  #76  
Old 10-12-17, 01:55 AM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Posts: 1,585
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
And brews!
  #77  
Old 10-12-17, 07:17 AM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,618
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Spread you have a PM.
  #78  
Old 10-12-17, 08:32 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Spread you have a PM.
Yes I got it!
  #79  
Old 10-12-17, 12:19 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Homestead
Posts: 2,002
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
And brews!
And, the reason for the success of gridiron meetings is revealed!

Here's hoping for a good and injury-free game for the guys.
  #80  
Old 10-12-17, 01:38 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
is This gme on radio other than 90.7?
  #81  
Old 10-12-17, 01:52 PM
HE74 HE74 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-20-16
Posts: 79
HE74 is on a distinguished road
Wwiz fm 104
  #82  
Old 10-12-17, 02:09 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Thanks
  #83  
Old 10-12-17, 04:19 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Posts: 1,585
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
And, the reason for the success of gridiron meetings is revealed!

Here's hoping for a good and injury-free game for the guys.
Should be a good one! One of the better games in the valley this Friday
  #84  
Old 10-12-17, 08:43 PM
sportster4321 sportster4321 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-11-12
Posts: 1,919
sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Kind of surprising to see Jefferson only down 26-18 entering 4th Q vs Liberty. Liberty poured it on in the 4th though.
  #85  
Old 10-12-17, 10:17 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Ya Liberty is a good squad with a lot of Speed. Only lost to state contender Lakeview by 10.
  #86  
Old 10-12-17, 10:34 PM
Spartan0505 Spartan0505 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-07
Posts: 2,366
Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Ya Liberty is a good squad with a lot of Speed. Only lost to state contender Lakeview by 10.

Haha!
  #87  
Old 10-12-17, 11:08 PM
ICBM ICBM is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-16-14
Posts: 225
ICBM is on a distinguished road
Final was ugly. I think they were playing with them a bit.
  #88  
Old 10-12-17, 11:38 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Posts: 1,585
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I heard there was a little scuffle in that game in the first half
  #89  
Old 10-13-17, 06:10 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Homestead
Posts: 2,002
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Oh my...

Struthers 6
Hubbard 0

Poland 7
Lakeview 0

for those interested.

Last edited by EagleGuy; 10-13-17 at 06:30 PM.
  #90  
Old 10-13-17, 06:11 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,156
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
He’s fast
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St. Vincent- St. Mary 2017 clarkgriswold Football 209 12-07-17 01:03 PM
2017 Massillon Tiger Football DB135 Massillon Tigers 32 12-04-17 11:50 AM
Tallmadge 2017 Football Schedules Yappi Tallmadge Blue Devils 24 11-10-17 10:50 PM
Hubbard vs Howland week 5 sportster4321 Football 87 09-30-17 06:56 PM
Hubbard at Ash Edgewood week 3 sportster4321 Football 27 09-08-17 09:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz