Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-12-17, 01:23 PM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
Hey Raymo, I'll be in row 4 , look me up, I'll be the guy in GREEN and GOLD.
A lot of your fans will be coming just to see the stadium,I'm getting ready to head to yours for the Freshman game.
Old 10-12-17, 09:28 PM
All Ohio

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Repository's take on the match up:
http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/2017...erlook-glenoak

Reardon certainly saying all the right things. Injuries and some other stuff has GO down to about 50 kids on the roster. If there are GO kids going both ways, the chances are they will be worn down by the 4th quarter. Last week McK put up 21 unanswered points on Jax until a meaningless TD on the last play of the game.
Old 10-13-17, 11:51 AM
All District

Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
Some of the penalties that McK receives is because they are a fast and physical team and one of the more diverse schools in the Federal "Confederate" League. It's a reality, I've seen the thug comments on here and hear them at work and in the public. Even the article in the Rep about the senseless murder of a young man had to state " Former McKinley player charged with murdering his former teammate". He'd been out of school for over 5 years, why was it necessary to associate this with McKinley?

GlenOak comes in a close 2nd. I've seen a number of suspect calls over the years when they both play Lake, North Canton, Jackson and Perry. This takes place at home or on the road.
Old 10-13-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Proud 64 View Post
Some of the penalties that McK receives is because they are a fast and physical team and one of the more diverse schools in the Federal "Confederate" League. It's a reality, I've seen the thug comments on here and hear them at work and in the public. Even the article in the Rep about the senseless murder of a young man had to state " Former McKinley player charged with murdering his former teammate". He'd been out of school for over 5 years, why was it necessary to associate this with McKinley?

GlenOak comes in a close 2nd. I've seen a number of suspect calls over the years when they both play Lake, North Canton, Jackson and Perry. This takes place at home or on the road.
When Filtz was coach a few years back, he let the kids run free... THAT was thug ball, and any team would slip into it if their coach doesn't nip it in the bud... which is something that Reardon does. They are a great team. Thug ball has nothing to do with the kids, it has to do with how the young men are coached.

The haters pull the thug card.
Old 10-13-17, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Quote:

Yeah more "White Guilt". Federal League even prior to McKinley getting in had Youngstown Ref Crews. They were racist too I bet. Youngstown and the Stark Suburbs are out to get McKinley. Funny because the WORST call in my entire life of watching Football (HS, College, Pro, etc) was in favor of McKinley against Hoover at Hoover in the 1999 playoffs when a Go-Ahead Touchdown was called back on an Offensive Pass Interference Call that frankly didn't happen. Granted Hoover should have won despite that WOAT call.

It's also not some fake news 1984 BS about North Canton supposedly saying things that didn't happen. Sometimes people hear what they want to hear. It had more to do with the fact that little North Canton WON against Much Bigger Canton and some people couldn't handle it. Saw the same thing in the 2003-04 season when I had McKinley fans eating out of the palm of my hand until Hoover blitzed them in Football and then beat them for the first and second time in Basketball. It was then that I was the enemy because I cited how Hoover broke McKinley's full court press. Reality was Hoover was fine losing close, getting blown out but they were never supposed to win. That is the way it was supposed to be. I know Hoover Football had been down from previous standards this decade so racking up a bunch of wins vs non winning and non playoff teams means very little in the scope of reality.

Regardless I have went to many games over the years of McKinley's that Hoover did not play and was supportive of them. What do I know I'm just an alumni of the "Confederate " Wing of the Old Guard of the Federal League.
Old 10-13-17, 01:40 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Even the article in the Rep about the senseless murder of a young man had to state " Former McKinley player charged with murdering his former teammate". He'd been out of school for over 5 years, why was it necessary to associate this with McKinley?
This would have been done by the Repository whether he was from McKinley, Perry, Hoover, or any other school. In fact, every school in the county has had their round of shame in the media. The media exercises no discretion regarding anyone for any reason today. You're paranoid.

Some people want to complain and live 30 years in the past. But if you think McK is mistreated by the confederates, petition the school board to leave.
Old 10-13-17, 03:37 PM
All American

Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Why Trump won ^ reason 2,485
Old 10-13-17, 08:43 PM
All Ohio

You'll get more of these comments after beating certain schools.

McK hangs on and the defense gets the Pups a win. Sorry haters, Pups still undefeated.
Old 10-13-17, 08:52 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
When Filtz was coach a few years back, he let the kids run free... THAT was thug ball, and any team would slip into it if their coach doesn't nip it in the bud... which is something that Reardon does. They are a great team. Thug ball has nothing to do with the kids, it has to do with how the young men are coached.

The haters pull the thug card.
Completely agree! Plain and simple truth, Filtz coached dirty ball...that's why he's no longer the coach.

McKinley was fortunate to win the game tonight. Numerous turnovers, penalties, and mistakes allowed GlenOak to make a game of it. I'm happy that they won and I hope the coaches use the game film as a teaching tool.
Old 10-13-17, 09:14 PM
All Ohio

Curtis played his worst game of the season. Great effort by the GO kids. Much tougher game than last week. At the end of the day McK is undefeated. Props to GO. No one thought that this would be easy.
Old 10-13-17, 09:49 PM
Varsity

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
This looked like it might be amother Benson running clock game for McKinley at halftime, but McKinley made a raft of mistakes in the second half to turn a comfortable win into a fight to the death at the end. McKinley's D stayed strong to stop a potential Glenoak game winning drive in the final minute.

Congrats to both the Bulldogs for winning and a very opportunistic GlenOak for never quitting! Curtis has been great all season long and experienced his only off night of the year, and the rest of the guys pitched in with penalties and other errors.

This game just might be the wake-up call McKinley needed heading into the playoffs.
Old 10-13-17, 09:54 PM
All Ohio

No way this was ever going to be an easy game. McK did what they had to do, especially on D.

Exciting game to watch. Great crowd and atmosphere.
Old 10-13-17, 10:49 PM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Another good effort by the Eagles,I hope all future GlenOak teams play with the heart of this team. There's no way we should of had a chance to win that game but our kids hung in there. Good luck to the Pups and beware of Perry.
Old 10-13-17, 11:04 PM
Varsity

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
No way this was ever going to be an easy game. McK did what they had to do, especially on D.

Exciting game to watch. Great crowd and atmosphere.
It was the very first heart-stopper game in Benson Stadium history. At least people get to pass on in optimum comfort in the opulent new blue palace!
Old 10-13-17, 11:05 PM
Freshman

PupFan1.0 is on a distinguished road
Did McKinley's Chandler or Watson suit up for this game?
Old 10-14-17, 02:18 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Damn GlenOak is just unlucky. They keep fighting and it is crazy to see GlenOak be that team because I remember when GlenOak was a team built on finesse.

Best damn 2-6 team I have seen. I know this reminds me of Massillon fans speaking of Fitch back in the late 90's/early 2000's. It's not wrong though.
Old 10-14-17, 07:12 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupfan1.0 View Post
did mckinley's chandler or watson suit up for this game?
nope...
Old 10-14-17, 10:40 AM
All Ohio

Coaches love these kinds of situations. They win the game but you can treat it like a loss and push their kids hard in practice because of mistakes. Keeps the kids from getting too puffed up even though they are undefeated.
Old 10-14-17, 10:47 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PupFan1.0 View Post
Did McKinley's Chandler or Watson suit up for this game?
BigBulldog?

That's a no-no.
Old 10-16-17, 11:50 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
This would have been done by the Repository whether he was from McKinley, Perry, Hoover, or any other school. In fact, every school in the county has had their round of shame in the media. The media exercises no discretion regarding anyone for any reason today. You're paranoid.

Some people want to complain and live 30 years in the past. But if you think McK is mistreated by the confederates, petition the school board to leave.
We don't have to leave, just treat the kids right and call a fair game. Like I said, I've heard the comments from refs and if you ask one that is honest he/she will tell you about the internal challenges/bias they face.

Regarding the Rep - You see the slant in the paper regarding coverage and for the most part the Rep does it to McKinley. JHS incidents are swept under the rug so it doesn't reach the papers or the decision is made not to report it, since a number of the editors/executives live in Jackson. Someone makes a call to a friend to keep it out of the paper, in fact I can think two major incidents that took place the last two years with high profile athletes in Jackson. To be fair one lived in Jackson but didn't attend Jackson but when the article was written they tried to decriminalize the incident. Reporting and officiating are just a microcosm of society. Just be fair
Old 10-16-17, 12:13 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
Another good effort by the Eagles,I hope all future GlenOak teams play with the heart of this team. There's no way we should of had a chance to win that game but our kids hung in there. Good luck to the Pups and beware of Perry.
This is a game they should have won, it was gift wrapped and handed to them!

I'll say it again, this team should be at least .500. I agree not a lot of individual talent like in years past but they are not stiffs and they have enough talent to have a winning record. GO year in and out depends on athletes to make big plays and they never seem to have a consistent offensive philosophy. For some unknown reason the QB is not allowed to run, which is something I can't understand because he is in the read option which means it's his decision. They also seem to run pass plays to a single receiver vs multiple routes because QB always seems to lock on a receiver pre-snap and never looks anywhere else. Example - their last play of the game when the TE was not even turned around to catch the pass.

GO should run a pro style - Power I with single or two back, utilize HB screens, play action pass, effectively mix Run Pass Option(RPO) and utilize a quick tempo to keep defense on it's heels.

Saying they don't have talent and don't quit is true to an extent but much of the responsibility in their record falls in Garcia's lap and everyone one seems to give him an out. More of the same next year! Garcia is great at game planning but in game adjustments and coaching is his Achilles heel.
Old 10-16-17, 12:51 PM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is a game they should have won, it was gift wrapped and handed to them!

I'll say it again, this team should be at least .500. I agree not a lot of individual talent like in years past but they are not stiffs and they have enough talent to have a winning record. GO year in and out depends on athletes to make big plays and they never seem to have a consistent offensive philosophy. For some unknown reason the QB is not allowed to run, which is something I can't understand because he is in the read option which means it's his decision. They also seem to run pass plays to a single receiver vs multiple routes because QB always seems to lock on a receiver pre-snap and never looks anywhere else. Example - their last play of the game when the TE was not even turned around to catch the pass.

GO should run a pro style - Power I with single or two back, utilize HB screens, play action pass, effectively mix Run Pass Option(RPO) and utilize a quick tempo to keep defense on it's heels.

Saying they don't have talent and don't quit is true to an extent but much of the responsibility in their record falls in Garcia's lap and everyone one seems to give him an out. More of the same next year! Garcia is great at game planning but in game adjustments and coaching is his Achilles heel.

Your making some contradicting statements. The Eagles were down 24-7 at halftime and had a fair chance to win at the end, was this all luck or did coaching have anything to do with it. If it were the other way around you would be blaming the GlenOak coaching staff. The next time I see one of the coaches I'm friends with I'll tell them you are willing to put a new offence in for them.
Old 10-16-17, 01:57 PM
Freshman

Huge Ted is on a distinguished road
The QB keeping the ball on the zone read is contingent on the ability to run inside. When the DE/OLB gets nosy or has to help on the inside zone play there are big plays on the outside for the QB. That has rarely happened all year. That guy stays home so the QB read is give the ball inside. I'll agree with OP 64 on the 2 back idea. I would love to see Rhodes come outside with a pitchman. He could give people fits running an old school option!