Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-14-17, 10:13 PM
Varsity

TrojanMan32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Parker got the job at Loveland.
Congrats to him and well wishes.
Old 04-15-17, 07:45 AM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Magnificat longtime coach Hubach departs. Not clear from the statement if she jumped or was pushed...sounds like she was pushed. Losing record last season, lost twice to rival SJA.
Old 04-15-17, 07:51 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Loveland new coach

It's April 15, 2017

Quote:

PARKER WHO???????

This is IUDOGS signing off.
Old 04-15-17, 03:22 PM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hired their second choice couldn't get Simmons a suitable job... it's a shame.

Nothing official yet, but Darnell Parker has resigned as Boys Head Coach at Clark Montessori
Old 04-15-17, 04:31 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
Hired their second choice couldn't get Simmons a suitable job... it's a shame.

Nothing official yet, but Darnell Parker has resigned as Boys Head Coach at Clark Montessori
I think in the end this could be a blessing in disguise for all involved. Beth is extremely accomplished at Summit and that alone got her in the door. Her resume trumped every applicant that applied hands down. However according to atleast two involved, she did not interview well at all and even at times came across disingenuous. That alone is probably the reason they werent willing to guarantee or even offer a suitable or any teaching job. Im sure this lead to her dropping out.

Heard both Fallis and Parker did really well with both the players and the adult assembled committee. Both had strong plans for the program and were well prepared. Parker's personality and the thought that he could handle the bigger stage(off the court) is what sealed it.

Beth will be fine, she has a great team coming back and is a legend. Im sure she is ready to get out of the AD business and back into the classroom. Dont be surprised if the powers to be at summit make that happen next school year. At times all you need is a little leverage.
Old 04-15-17, 07:34 PM
All Region

JM92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAlum View Post
Magnificat longtime coach Hubach departs. Not clear from the statement if she jumped or was pushed...sounds like she was pushed. Losing record last season, lost twice to rival SJA.

Another shocker..one losing season and they throw a great coach away.. sad
Old 04-15-17, 08:56 PM
Freshman

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure how Parker is considered better suited for the "Big time."
Is this the ACC and Fallis is just an A10 guy?
I don't expect Andy Katz to be beating down Loveland's coach's door.

All 3 coaches are from small schools. Parker has never been higher than d3.

Fallis is the best coach of this group.

This reeks of parental involvement.
Old 04-15-17, 11:25 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
I'm not sure how Parker is considered better suited for the "Big time."
Is this the ACC and Fallis is just an A10 guy?
I don't expect Andy Katz to be beating down Loveland's coach's door.

All 3 coaches are from small schools. Parker has never been higher than d3.

Fallis is the best coach of this group.

This reeks of parental involvement.

Post of the year!!!! Not! Are you seriously pulling the parent involvement card.. id love to expand but I prefer not to sound ignorant. You my friend are one shade Short of stupid! "Big Time” had nothing to do with coaching. And finally saying Fallis was the best of the bunch is ignorant. C'mon Man this is some funny stuff.
Old 04-15-17, 11:32 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
The fact that he was encouraged to apply was what struck me- if that was from the parents, then you now have parents who think they are in control of decisions. Have seen the dark side of this more than a few times. I don't get the whole "bigger stage" off the court comment? He was admonished for creating a big uproar on social media after a game in which his players received what had to be a record number of technicals in what was more like a brawl than a game. If the committee wanted dazzle dazzle then yes, he would be their guy over someone who built a program over the past couple of decades.

Simmons has an excellent gig at Summit and only loses one starter from last year- but the AD job can be a drag, lots of long days/late nights/weekends. Good luck!
Old 04-16-17, 12:47 AM
Varsity

I actually remember that, it was against Badin 3 seasons ago i believe. There was actually 5 technicals given and 3 were on Badin. The two on Clark were from the same player and the last one was for clapping at a player. I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet it wasn't a record. As for Dazzle Dazzle, im not sure what that implies.
Old 04-16-17, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
Another shocker..one losing season and they throw a great coach away.. sad
Not close with the program, but generally familiar. My sense is that she had been on shaky ground for quite awhile.
Old 04-16-17, 06:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan32 View Post
I actually remember that, it was against Badin 3 seasons ago i believe. There was actually 5 technicals given and 3 were on Badin. The two on Clark were from the same player and the last one was for clapping at a player. I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet it wasn't a record. As for Dazzle Dazzle, im not sure what that implies.
THen you remember incorrectly- there were 5 technicals on Clark including 1 on Coach, 2 on their best player- one for standing over a kid after bulldozing to ground into the wall and then clapping in his face- who then was suspended for the required games. Coach was also admonished for some very inflammatory tweets at Badin on social media after that game. Most administrators spend a good amount of time reminding coaches to set a great example on social media for their student athletes, so this was completely out of line for a high school coach to do.
Should have said Razzle Dazzle- meaning that if the search committee was looking for then they would be more concerned with how dynamic of an interview it was vs. a coaches resume of building an excellent program. To each their own!
Old 04-16-17, 08:10 PM
Varsity

Quote:
THen you remember incorrectly- there were 5 technicals on Clark including 1 on Coach, 2 on their best player- one for standing over a kid after bulldozing to ground into the wall and then clapping in his face- who then was suspended for the required games. Coach was also admonished for some very inflammatory tweets at Badin on social media after that game. Most administrators spend a good amount of time reminding coaches to set a great example on social media for their student athletes, so this was completely out of line for a high school coach to do.
Should have said Razzle Dazzle- meaning that if the search committee was looking for then they would be more concerned with how dynamic of an interview it was vs. a coaches resume of building an excellent program. To each their own!
Ok, ill leave it at this, because for whatever reason this is personal to you especially regarding Parker. Especially when it was mentioned how well Fallis interviewed also? Reason i say it is personal is because i havent seen one individual post who wasnt complimentary of Simmons great accomplishments.

As far as the incident YOU brought up for reasons outside of trying to take a swipe at a coach(From 3 years ago) seem personal? But lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story. 1. It was one tweet not tweets and it was not "inflammatory"(I actually took the time to go back and find it). However unless your memory is failing you their was a fairly suggestive tweet from the Badin faithful that one/you might call inflammatory(also easy to locate with a little effort) 2. Unless you are Principal Speiser or Aaron Zupka the and delivered a closed door undocumented reprimand, the "admonish" Never took place(That is also pretty easy to find out). 3 Best player?? I dont EVER remember Kevin Lewis aka Clarks best player being kicked out of a game. Didnt happen my friend.

Like you said "To each their own" Been a nice discussion on this job, but im done now. Dont see what you or i have to gain from this, so until next time!
Old 04-17-17, 07:37 AM
All American

I stated facts- no story. I simply corrected your attempt to discredit what I stated regarding the technicals. You were incorrect as you are about the tweetS (not the assistant coaches- Parkers)and subsequent actions by the administration (AD was quoted in an article basically apologizing for the poor choice by the coach to air it out on Twitter). Doesn't matter what Badin did- they aren't being hired for coaching on a "bigger stage". I stand corrected on the best player comment- Blythe was suspended for receiving 2 technicals which was a big deal as he was ONE of the best players (starter/double digit scorer/ received all star honors).
The comparison was being made between two coaches- a proven coach who in your words didn't interview well but has in your words a legendary career vs. a charismatic coach without a long tenure at a program. It is an interesting conversation for several reasons, I was merely talking about why the hire based on just the interviewees personality doesn't make the most sense to me, nor does making one based on who the "supporters" want. Time will tell!
Old 04-17-17, 08:47 AM
All Ohio

chlnewbie is on a distinguished road
Wow would you too little girls SHUT UP! Both of you are doing your best to make points and Both are fabricating truths and sticking words in each others mouths. I dont have time to play referee, but BOTH of you are WRONG on the actual number of Technicals given during the game. The tweet KBaller is referring to I know for a FACT Parker was NOT scolded or even in trouble by admin. It wasnt that dramatic. Ive seen some of the BEST coaches in the cinci do much worse. That being said it didnt needed to be tweeted, and a response to Badin wasnt necessary. He should have took the win, and kept it moving. Not sure where Baller assumed Trojan tried to pass it off on assistants? I read all the whining both of you did and couldn't find it. Trojan, chill out with words like "Big Time", Big Stage, Big Wheel. It sounds ridiculous. Its Loveland, not UCONN.

Simmons for whatever reason didn't get or want the job. Leave it alone. Stop bringing these Coaches up in your spat. Simmons can Coach, Parker can Coach, Fallis can Coach. If they had hired either of you too Keyboard kings Id be worried.

If you respond or expand any further, you have something to gain or lose by this. Leave it alone and stop hijacking this thread. Onto the next job.
Old 04-17-17, 03:20 PM
All American

Having fun on a slow Monday...
Old 04-17-17, 06:41 PM
All American

fallsdog is on a distinguished road
I hope the AD at Mags doesn't have plans to take over and make it a bandit program like HB.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-17, 07:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsdog View Post
I hope the AD at Mags doesn't have plans to take over and make it a bandit program like HB.

Why is HB a "bandit" program?

I don't know the details of how HB goes about their business. However, if a school like HB decides that they want to be good at something, they will very likely be good at it. Tremendous resources ($) and it might be the very best overall school in the state of Ohio. They're not allowed to be good in sports?
Old 04-18-17, 07:37 PM
All American

fallsdog is on a distinguished road
When the rich tradition of catering to only the most affluent families on the east side is compromised in an effort to win basketball games of all things it is reasonable to suggest that perhaps a bandit program exists.

Whatever the case, go blazers, as I believe that is the school's nickname for athletics.

Old 04-21-17, 12:29 PM
Freshman

jordan2345 is on a distinguished road
Franklin is now available
Old 04-21-17, 01:16 PM
Junior Varsity

Boston is on a distinguished road
Oak Hills

Any word on Cincinnati Oak Hills?
Old 04-23-17, 02:59 PM
Freshman

Lovemybux is on a distinguished road
Georgetown did not renew Bernie Cropper
Old 04-23-17, 03:00 PM
Freshman

Lovemybux is on a distinguished road
Goshen Brandon Baker takes Boys job
Old 04-23-17, 05:57 PM
Varsity

Loving the Game
Heard the St. Bernard job is open?? Any thoughts???
Old 04-24-17, 11:52 AM
All District

collegebasketball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Any word on Cincinnati Oak Hills?
Oak Hills conducted 1st round interviews last week... Will conduct 2nd round interviews this week or make selection.
Old 04-24-17, 12:09 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegebasketball View Post
Oak Hills conducted 1st round interviews last week... Will conduct 2nd round interviews this week or make selection.
Any Names floating around?
Old 04-24-17, 03:56 PM
All American

I haven't seen this but maybe I missed it- who will be the coach at the new West Clermont high school? I know Starks daughter is playing for them so is he leaving Ursuline to coach there?
Old 04-24-17, 08:18 PM
Varsity

Piman58 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I haven't seen this but maybe I missed it- who will be the coach at the new West Clermont high school? I know Starks daughter is playing for them so is he leaving Ursuline to coach there?
Jeff Click will be WCHS coach for 2017/2018.
Old 04-25-17, 09:27 AM
All Ohio

Big Ragu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piman58 View Post
Jeff Click will be WCHS coach for 2017/2018.
Interested to see how these schools come together athletically. Po ten tial.

Any other H.S. vacancies filled?
Old 04-25-17, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Girls Head Basketball Coaches Changes

[QUOTE=Big Ragu;6755306]Interested to see how these schools come together athletically. Po ten tial.

What Division will be West Clermont be put into for girls Basketball??

This is IUDOGS signing off.