Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-23-17, 12:22 PM
Freshman

jordan2345 is on a distinguished road
New Jobs

Any positions becoming available? What are the best programs with potential? Any good assistant coaches out there being promoted?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-17, 12:58 PM
All District

Orrville Man is on a distinguished road
West Holmes coached stepped down today
Old 03-23-17, 02:22 PM
Varsity

TrojanMan32 is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati- Taylor
Cincinnati- Loveland
Old 03-27-17, 12:55 PM
Freshman

mwvgobucks is on a distinguished road
I'm wondering the same thing. Specifically in the Columbus area. There were a ton last year and a thread on jjhuddle was really helpful for keeping track of it. Since that's gone now, hopefully we can keep updating this one. I haven't heard of any yet in this area but I'm sure we'll start hearing soon.
Old 03-28-17, 03:42 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati - Oak Hills
Old 03-28-17, 08:06 PM
Varsity

Cincinnati- Indian Hill
Old 03-28-17, 09:00 PM
All Ohio

Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Delphos St. John's. Dan Grothouse stepped down after 28 years.
Old 03-29-17, 12:20 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan32 View Post
Cincinnati- Indian Hill
Sorry Ron hear that, but understandable with his girls gone and the health issues. Hopefully he is still involved in his Angels
Old 03-30-17, 07:08 AM
All Ohio

dabbelt report is on a distinguished road
From Dayton area:

Dayton Chaminade Julienne
Sidney
National Trail
Anna
Oakwood
Old 04-06-17, 01:20 PM
Freshman

Columbus area: Grove City Christian
Old 04-09-17, 06:08 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Loveland is down to their final 3, announcement sometime this week!
Old 04-09-17, 02:43 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
Loveland is down to their final 3, announcement sometime this week!
Im hearing three very interesting names
Old 04-09-17, 02:56 PM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan32 View Post
Im hearing three very interesting names
Summit CD Head Coach
Bethel-Tate Head Coach
Clark Montessori Men's Head Coach
Old 04-09-17, 04:26 PM
All American

Clark Montessori men's head coach has daughters in Lakota- would be very surprised to hear that. Easier to stay a men's coach and still catch girls games. Summit CD Head coach? Surprised me she would leave, also assistant AD there and it's a good gig- went undefeated in regular season 2 of the last 3 years so for sure not getting fired. A couple of very good assistants though if she did leave, but also a dad of a player with some "experience" at a high level who would be happy to take over I am sure

Last edited by Kballer; 04-09-17 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Posted before done
Old 04-09-17, 06:21 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Clark Montessori men's head coach has daughters in Lakota- would be very surprised to hear that. Easier to stay a men's coach and still catch girls games. Summit CD Head coach? Surprised me she would leave, also assistant AD there and it's a good gig- went undefeated in regular season 2 of the last 3 years so for sure not getting fired. A couple of very good assistants though if she did leave, but also a dad of a player with some "experience" at a high level who would be happy to take over I am sure
Heard these names as well. Was very surprised to here both Clark and Summit Coaches name. From what I was told Clark Coach was approached by Loveland supporters about the job and was a late entry well after the posting had closed. I guess made a very strong impression. Summit Coach is interesting because of the success and by all accounts will be just as good again next year. Have heard she has been having issues controlling overbearing parents and that may be wearing on her. Problem with her is that she isnt the most personable person in the world, so not sure how that fits in with the loveland community. Fallis has had some success, I just dont know if he would be a good fit in Loveland.

Not everyday you see such drama for a girls position. Guess we will find out soon.
Old 04-09-17, 07:22 PM
All American

Because I am sure that there are zero overbearing parents on the other team..
Old 04-09-17, 08:23 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Because I am sure that there are zero overbearing parents on the other team..
Yes, im sure there probably isn't much difference in the ones that pay 25k a year to send their kid to school?
Old 04-09-17, 10:19 PM
All American

It was actually a joke. You really think all the students there pay full tuition (Which is not $25k btw)? But no, I don't think there is much difference anymore- parents are overbearing and entitled at every school in sports these days. This entitlement comes into play whether you are paying tuition or not. Coaches are quitting all over the place or getting fired because of badly behaved parents.
Old 04-10-17, 07:12 AM
Varsity

Quote:
It was actually a joke. You really think all the students there pay full tuition (Which is not $25k btw)? But no, I don't think there is much difference anymore- parents are overbearing and entitled at every school in sports these days. This entitlement comes into play whether you are paying tuition or not. Coaches are quitting all over the place or getting fired because of badly behaved parents.
Actually I was being quite tongue and cheek myself. If anyone thinks a majority of students(especially athletes) at summit pay full tuition then I have a flying saucer to sell them on the cheap! As far as the overbearing parents are concerned of course it happens everywhere. From a coaches perspective sometimes you just get fed up with hearing it from ungrateful individuals that you have served for many years. And I dont blame a coach for getting fed up and saying you know what, I may have to deal with this, but I dont have to deal with this from YOU. Best of luck(Insert any HS), Im leaving.
Old 04-10-17, 07:26 AM
Junior Varsity

big owl is on a distinguished road
As far as the overbearing parents are concerned of course it happens everywhere. From a coaches perspective sometimes you just get fed up with hearing it from ungrateful individuals that you have served for many years. And I dont blame a coach for getting fed up and saying you know what, I may have to deal with this, but I dont have to deal with this from YOU. Best of luck(Insert any HS), Im leaving.[/QUOTE]

Very well said
Old 04-10-17, 08:38 AM
All American

the thinking that the grass is greener on the other side is faulty logic at best. I think a coach that has been at one place for a long time may think it is just their school, but will soon find it is pervasive in our culture. Very telling was the "in the know" post above about the Clark coach getting asked by Loveland "supoorters" to throw his hat in the ring. Define "supporters"?
Flip side- have seen coaches blame overbearing parents when in fact they have taken some major missteps in handling situations, nobody's perfect.

Trojan- the "especially athletes" comment I truly hope was also a joke or else your ignorance of Summit is showing. They have more National Merit honorees than D1 commits.
Old 04-10-17, 08:58 AM
Varsity

Baller why so defensive minded all of a sudden. Slow down. Let me try and address these points and then bid farewell to you because it absolutely isnt worth this type of attention.

1. NO ONE including me said the grass is greener. If the Summit Coach after all these years wants something different, good for her! Doesnt have to be for anything better, maybe she is just ready to do something different. So what, people do it everyday. I dont know for sure as does anyone her motivation, everything said on Yappi is pure speculation. Take it as such and not the gospel.

2. The Clark coach and "Supporters". I dont have an answer for you on that. Im telling you what i was told a few short days ago. I guess if we want to get literal, supporters could mean anyone that has a interest in Loveland athletics. I didnt take much stock or expand on it when i posted it, because im sure these "Supporters" arent making the final call. So no sense in it growing legs IMO.

3. Let not act like Summit Athletes dont get aid. And lets also not act like Summit Athletes are idiots! 98% of the students that attend Summit are of the brightest young men and women in our city. PERIOD. That doesnt mean that a Bright student athlete is in the wrong for going to summit or getting aid. And there sure isn't anything wrong with mentioning it. Summit Athletes make up a big portion of the student population just based on the size of the school alone. They have an endowment well over 3million dollars. Do the math. Kids are getting Aid. So what, Non story.
Old 04-10-17, 09:28 AM
All American

Actually wasn't defensive- just chatting thought it was an interesting conversation on a slow Monday....
Old 04-10-17, 09:33 AM
All American

The reason I mentioned supporters was because that reeks of parental involvement which as we have been discussing can be a double edged sword.
And I agree about Summit- kids can be both bright and athletic and Summit draws that type of kid with their successful academic, athletic and college admissions. Too often on here, schools like Summit get slammed unnesccarily from those who don't have a clue- glad you aren't one of them
Old 04-10-17, 09:45 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Actually wasn't defensive- just chatting thought it was an interesting conversation on a slow Monday....
Absolutely. No matter who gets this Job, lets hope the true winners are the kids at Loveland. All three of these coaches seem to have pretty solid situations to fall back on, so lets just hope they arent looked at unfavorably for perusing another opportunity. Sometimes that gets messy!
Old 04-13-17, 01:43 PM
Freshman

Jonathan Alder is open
Old 04-13-17, 02:55 PM
All American

Hearing at least one of the applicants for Loveland withdrew/ any announcement on new coach yet?
Old 04-13-17, 04:18 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Hearing at least one of the applicants for Loveland withdrew/ any announcement on new coach yet?
I'm going to assume that unless she was given certain assurances that the job was absolutely hers i would venture to guess Beth withdrew. Its not a good look if someone with her credentials and current situation goes for it and the school decides the fit isnt right. No reason go this far if you are her and then withdraw unless you knew you weren't the choice? Could be wrong though.
Old 04-13-17, 07:12 PM
Freshman

Team player is on a distinguished road
Maybe, but I would think they would have to give her a job in the district before she would take the job. I don't know many schools that would allow the assistant athletic director at one school to coach at another. Just my thoughts...
Old 04-14-17, 07:00 PM
All American

Parker got the job at Loveland.