Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Do you have a tattoo?
I am under 30 years old and I have a tattoo 1 2.70%
I am under 30 years old and do not have a tattoo 8 21.62%
I am between 30-45 and I have a tattoo 0 0%
I am between 30-45 and do not have a tattoo 10 27.03%
I am over 45 and I have a tattoo 1 2.70%
I am over 45 and do not have a tattoo 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-17, 07:41 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaRanch View Post
EP, this is what happens when dumb guys like you venture off the comfort of their own porch, you get exposed for being dumb. Go get a tattoo with Winston, matching ones, have a finger pointing at each other in each direction titled "i's with dummie" etched into your foreheads.
I got exposed for being dumb on a tattoo thread somehow by ranch hand. What a freaking genius.
Old 04-01-17, 07:42 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
Lol nope. 1-2 sentences.
Old 04-02-17, 06:54 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Wow what has taken place here?
Old 04-02-17, 08:36 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, wait a second, I wrote what I wrote about taking the test at 6:35, and you posted at 6:50 that you just took it and scored a 156. That's all you scored? If you only took 15 minutes and got them all right, you would have scored much higher than 156. You'd be the smartest person in the world. So, did you miss one in 15 minutes of test time, and thats why its a 156 ? (yeaaahhhh, right, huh) See, it took me an hour to answer the 30 questions, you do know its 30 questions right, and I didn't miss any. So if I had done it faster and got them all right, I would have scored even higher.
I took it before reading this thread. I do it biannually.

I took mine in about 25 minutes.
Old 04-02-17, 12:43 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Just scored a 161. Had to do it sort of quick so I felt a bit rushed but I'll take it.
Old 04-02-17, 12:44 PM
All American

I almost got the question about quantam gravity wrong.
Old 04-02-17, 12:53 PM
Fake coolin' off

How about the one about how to prove conclusively that you saw 2 aliens walk in to Hooters with hoodies on? I just guessed "asked the waitress to confirm".
Old 04-02-17, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Just sitting here thinking about the double-heralded generation and frequency translation of two-photon states of light in optical fibers. Really interesting stuff. Definitely not for the faint of heart or those with an IQ under 160.
Old 04-02-17, 01:35 PM
All Yappi

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Just sitting here thinking about the double-heralded generation and frequency translation of two-photon states of light in optical fibers. Really interesting stuff. Definitely not for the faint of heart or those with an IQ under 160.
No, the De Broglie equation shows that matter can behave like a wave. Light has no rest mass, but it does have momentum and energy. Using Einstein's full equation, E = pc + mc⁴, with a m (rest mass) = 0, we see that for light, E = pc. So, with momentum, De Broglie's equation still applies to light without the need for mass. λ = ɦ/p.....just sayin'
Old 04-05-17, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Wow what has taken place here?
Just saw it for the first time myself. I thought JR had run away for good.
Old 04-05-17, 01:41 PM
All American

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Stopped at an ice cream stand yesterday, was helped by a late teen, early 20's girl and she had a couple of visible tats on the backs of her fingers, a smiley face and maybe a heart? Anyway, after we got our ice cream, I asked my wife, do you think she realized when she got those she just eliminated herself from alot of potential jobs moving forward? And look, maybe she's destined for a life of waitressing and working in restaurants, but even then, do you think a high end, upscale restaurant is going to hire staff like that?
Look, I realize it's the young generation and it's a rebellious act, I get that. But why put yourself in that situation where it may come down to you and another person for a job, and you've done something as simple as a visible tatoo you got 10 years ago to break the tie against you??? I don't get it, I'll never get it.
Old 04-05-17, 01:44 PM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I don't get, and I never will get, why you care.
Old 04-05-17, 01:47 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I don't get, and I never will get, why you care.
Beat me to it. He seems to have a weird fascination with other people's tattoos.
Old 04-19-17, 01:51 PM
All Ohio

JoshuaRanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Stopped at an ice cream stand yesterday, was helped by a late teen, early 20's girl and she had a couple of visible tats on the backs of her fingers, a smiley face and maybe a heart? Anyway, after we got our ice cream, I asked my wife, do you think she realized when she got those she just eliminated herself from alot of potential jobs moving forward? And look, maybe she's destined for a life of waitressing and working in restaurants, but even then, do you think a high end, upscale restaurant is going to hire staff like that?
Look, I realize it's the young generation and it's a rebellious act, I get that. But why put yourself in that situation where it may come down to you and another person for a job, and you've done something as simple as a visible tatoo you got 10 years ago to break the tie against you??? I don't get it, I'll never get it.
Thanks for getting back to the thread 14 Red. If Winston can figure out how to escape from his peers, he could participate as well, and get the answers he's asking for. There are many reasons why the 45 and under crowd loves tattooing themselves. None of the reasons make sense. As you just described, working in mundane, minimum wage jobs is their destiny. The actual reasons they get them - sheer stupidity and ignorance, being dumb, thinking they are "cool", peer pressure from other idiots like themselves, genetic disposition, rebellion against whatever, low info/low IQ thought process ingrained in their brains. But you hit on the future (and real time) consequences of their actions - never being able to move ahead in the job market other than minimum wage positions. But they don't think about that, do they?

Had a good friend who's oldest daughter, now almost 30, was a gorgeous teen model for Penneys and Sears and some hip teen clothes stores. She was dumber than a door knob, but 6 feet tall, slender, beautiful girl. Was making $30K as a 17 year old, not even trying, was ready for bigger things. But she was dumb. And she hung out with dummies. She started to date and ex navy guy, car mechanic turned, 10 years older than her, pain killer problem, and of course, lots of tats. So one day she shows up at her Dad's house, and announces she's gotten a tattoo. She was 19, moving up in the fashion world, making $50K with the potential to make much more, It was a tree trunk along her entire spine, and branches out across her shoulders. The Dad called me in tears. And he just looked at her and cried, this beautiful daughter with the brains of mush just ruined her life. She could no longer model. She married the idiot (of course she did), had a kid, he went off the deep end on drugs, she left him (of course), now she's back with Mom and Dad, with a kid, and guess what she is doing - Waitressing (of course).
Old 04-19-17, 01:57 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
I almost got the question about quantam gravity wrong.
You make me laugh, you realize there are not questions like that on the Brain Masters IQ exams, right? Love it, keep trying in a game you can never win, but actually believe you are winning and actually can win. Gotta love it.
Old 04-19-17, 02:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
You responded to the same post twice. Is this due to the same brain damage that caused your IQ to fall?

Back to my question. Do you want me to show you how to post your score? It's pretty easy.
You're not good at this, and it just reveals that you're dumb by using the same approach over and over again. Off to ignore for you, go sit on the porch with the other dummies. What a bunch of oddballs you all are, its quite fascinating. At least you found each other here in Yappi.
Old 04-19-17, 02:03 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Beat me to it. He seems to have a weird fascination with other people's tattoos.
It's not that I care, it's just an observation. This is a message board for...(drumroll)...opinions...maybe you and taco could come up with some rather than just stomping on others opinions???

It's interesting that this comes up again though. I've noticed that even some cops are "tatting" up. My guess is by the time I'm collecting social security, I'll be in the minority on the tat thing. I still the over/ under on tat regret is about 10 years. Wonder how many SD Charger fans have tats that are going to look awfully weird in about 5 years??
Old 04-19-17, 02:12 PM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
He literally gave his opinion in the post you quoted.
Old 04-19-17, 02:25 PM
Fake coolin' off

I didn't know models don't have tattoos.
Old 04-19-17, 02:27 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I didn't know models don't have tattoos.
I was thinking the same thing. Modeling is definitely not a profession where having a tattoo, especially one on your back, would be a career ender.
Old 04-19-17, 02:32 PM
Fake coolin' off

I did find it funny that ranch hand thinks making $50k as a 19 yo JC Penny and Sears model is bigtime.
Old 04-19-17, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You make me laugh, you realize there are not questions like that on the Brain Masters IQ exams, right? Love it, keep trying in a game you can never win, but actually believe you are winning and actually can win. Gotta love it.
you just flunked the humor section
Old 04-19-17, 02:43 PM
All American

Quote:
I did find it funny that ranch hand thinks making $50k as a 19 yo JC Penny and Sears model is bigtime.
It's not big time but that's awesome as a 19 year old. No doubt bigger than Hubb's hair modeling gig.
Old 04-19-17, 02:48 PM
Fake coolin' off

I'm sure if ranch hand is saying she made $50k, the truth is she probably made half that.
Old 04-19-17, 02:51 PM
All American

Quote:
For a 19 year old with little education, that is big. What were you making at 19?
Old 04-19-17, 03:05 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
For a 19 year old with little education, that is big. What were you making at 19?
It's great, but its not bigtime and she likely filled a niche modeling role that wasn't sustainable, not to mention the entire story is likely 100% made up.
Old 04-19-17, 03:18 PM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Penneys and Sears and some hip teen clothes stores.
Old 04-19-17, 04:13 PM
All American

Ranch taking my comment seriously

Love how the genius can't screen shot
Old 04-20-17, 12:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Ranch taking my comment seriously

Love how the genius can't screen shot
Love it, you're hilarious. I'm jokingly mocking you because your attempts at "non serious" comments still expose you as dumb. But that flew over your head. What is fascinating is you all actually believe, you think, you are winning some battle of wits. Yet in your attempts to achieve that, you walk off your safe porch, and then actually write the ammo I need to expose you as dumb in your own posts. Its fascinating, it really is. I had several amigos on JJ, and we used to discuss the mental midgetry of posters and their posts. Its magnified here because there are SO many dumbies on this site. There's so many of you that you think being dumb is quite normal. And of course after exposure, back to the squirt gun responses. Its just incredibly interesting. You're dumb, you've convinced yourself that you're not dumb, you surround yourself with other dummies, someone comes along and exposes you as dumb, then in the back of your limited minds you think "am I dumb?", you can't deny that thought, so you lash out with a pebble, because that's the only thing you are capable of. Not once have one of you stated "no, I'm not dumb, here's why". No once, not one of you. You're only comebacks are the internet from behind the computer screen ad hom squirt gun shots. Again, trying to fix dumb is futile, it can't be fixed. Go play on the porch with the other junior high guys, make your catcalls, and have fun, that's what all are good at.
Old 04-20-17, 01:23 PM
All American

The ole, "everyone else is dumb, not me" angle. Nice, ranch hand.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: