Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-26-17, 07:22 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 186
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Final Jefferson Cup Tallies
Overall
U15 NL-1 ECNL-0 ECNL 2W/2L/1T
U16 ECNL-4 NL-1 ECNL 6W/4L/0T
U17 ECNL-3 NL-0 1Tie ECNL 7W/3L/1T
U19 NL-1 ECNL-0 1Tie ECNL 4W/1L/3T

vs ECNL
CUP Gold (NL) 2001 0-3 GF/2 GA/12
TFA ELite(NL) 2001 0-2 GF/4 GA/7

Totals:
U15 ECNL-2 NL-0 ECNL 8W/3L/3T
U16 ECNL-11 NL-1 17W/6L/7T
U17 ECNL-7 NL-2 3Ties 17W/8L/3T
U19 ECNL-3 NL-1 2Tie 15W/4L/4T
________________________________________
ECNL-23 NL-4 5Ties 57W/21L/17T
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 03-26-17, 08:22 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 234
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Final Jefferson Cup Tallies
Overall
U15 NL-1 ECNL-0 ECNL 2W/2L/1T
U16 ECNL-4 NL-1 ECNL 6W/4L/0T
U17 ECNL-3 NL-0 1Tie ECNL 7W/3L/1T
U19 NL-1 ECNL-0 1Tie ECNL 4W/1L/3T

vs ECNL
CUP Gold (NL) 2001 0-3 GF/2 GA/12
TFA ELite(NL) 2001 0-2 GF/4 GA/7

Totals:
U15 ECNL-2 NL-0 ECNL 8W/3L/3T
U16 ECNL-11 NL-1 17W/6L/7T
U17 ECNL-7 NL-2 3Ties 17W/8L/3T
U19 ECNL-3 NL-1 2Tie 15W/4L/4T
________________________________________
ECNL-23 NL-4 5Ties 57W/21L/17T
Ouch...
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-26-17, 09:59 PM
lovesallsports lovesallsports is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-03-16
Posts: 19
lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
sometimes ya gotta be stronger than your excuses


Wow... sometimes all you "ECNL is the only way to go" lovers think you know everything and having some competition in the upcoming DA is making you a little nervous.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-27-17, 10:02 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 716
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
lovesports my niece hopes to be a da player my point is the exact opposite of what you are trying to make it to be i say quit the excuses for the losses not touting the ecnl far as i am concerned they both have solid kids i am not into bashin either side
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-10-17, 02:18 PM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Did anyone attend the last DA event? Was it well attended?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-11-17, 01:29 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,371
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
I found this trolling around today and it is very telling and why you all think this new DA is the end all.

The facts say different.

if I was a parent and had to make a decision on which way to go the with my kid it is and easy proven choice.

Look at these facts of the Current ECNL

The ECNL Class of 2017 is expected to set an even higher standard with over 92% of this class moving on to play at the collegiate level. While the Class of 2017 prepares to make the transition to the collegiate game, they continue to improve their game against the best of the best as the ECNL Playoffs draw near, symbolizing the end of one chapter and the beginning of another.
•ECNL Class of 2017 Collegiate Soccer Players: 1,409
•Division I: 1,059
•Division II, III, NAIA: 350

Over the past two years, the NCAA Women’s College Cup has been dominated by ECNL Alums competing for the National Championship.

The 2015 National Champion, Penn State University, had 18 ECNL Alums on the roster, including 4 All-Conference honorees. Overall, the four teams at the 2015 College Cup (Duke, Florida State, Penn State, and Rutgers) included 68 ECNL Alums.

The ECNL’s impact in the 2016 Women’s College Cup was even more significant, with 78 ECNL Alums on the final four teams (Georgetown, North Carolina, USC, West Virginia). Champion USC Trojans featured 22 ECNL Alums, including the 2016 PAC-12 Defensive Player of the Year, Goalkeeper of the Year, and 6 All-Conference honorees.

With 8 different teams in the past 2 College Cups, there has been one constant – the ECNL Alum.


Look at these facts for the New DA

Oh yeah there are none ?
Be careful what you wish for
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-11-17, 01:53 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 103
2731 is on a distinguished road
Comparing an existing league to one that has not started.... Couldn't pay me to be this dumb. What's your excuse?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-11-17, 03:21 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,371
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Excuse ?

Facts, that is all that need to be said.

Show us your facts ? or are those just promises ?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-11-17, 03:45 PM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 716
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
its kinda nice to have someone from the da on here to explain the other side at least
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-12-17, 07:33 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,195
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
I found this trolling around today and it is very telling and why you all think this new DA is the end all.

The facts say different.

if I was a parent and had to make a decision on which way to go the with my kid it is and easy proven choice.

Look at these facts of the Current ECNL

The ECNL Class of 2017 is expected to set an even higher standard with over 92% of this class moving on to play at the collegiate level. While the Class of 2017 prepares to make the transition to the collegiate game, they continue to improve their game against the best of the best as the ECNL Playoffs draw near, symbolizing the end of one chapter and the beginning of another.
•ECNL Class of 2017 Collegiate Soccer Players: 1,409
•Division I: 1,059
•Division II, III, NAIA: 350

Over the past two years, the NCAA Women’s College Cup has been dominated by ECNL Alums competing for the National Championship.

The 2015 National Champion, Penn State University, had 18 ECNL Alums on the roster, including 4 All-Conference honorees. Overall, the four teams at the 2015 College Cup (Duke, Florida State, Penn State, and Rutgers) included 68 ECNL Alums.

The ECNL’s impact in the 2016 Women’s College Cup was even more significant, with 78 ECNL Alums on the final four teams (Georgetown, North Carolina, USC, West Virginia). Champion USC Trojans featured 22 ECNL Alums, including the 2016 PAC-12 Defensive Player of the Year, Goalkeeper of the Year, and 6 All-Conference honorees.

With 8 different teams in the past 2 College Cups, there has been one constant – the ECNL Alum.


Look at these facts for the New DA

Oh yeah there are none ?
Be careful what you wish for

Well lets look at local college commitments from two clubs and compare locally at least. I was glad to see you admit to being a troll but lets not let these pesky facts get in the way.

Here is the Cincinnati United List for you to review my count - 28-16 in CUPs favor so why locally would anyone make any other choice locally?

College Commitments
Class of 2017

Brooklyn Adair Wilmington
Erin Babcock Akron
Abby Brauning University of Cincinnati
Rachel Burgess Indiana University East
Emi Carlo University of Cincinnati
Alex Chittum Findlay University
Kiersten Clukey Campbellsville
Kristin Dean Centre College
Devin Duhme Lander University
Shelby Elder Walsh University
Gabbie Fleming Anderson Univeristy
Erica Hafer Walsh University
Jayde Hoffmann Capital
Kailey Ivins NKU
Mandi Kinsey Malone
Brooke Lindenschmidt Malone
Emily Moreno UC Clermont
Sierra Moss Florida International
Casey Murphy Mt. St. Joe
Brooke Radcliffe Tusculum College
Morgan Ramby Auburn
Kaitlyn Rhodes Hanover
Kateri Schoettinger Radford University
Grace Schuppe Memphis
Maddie Smitth DePauw
Nicole Visse Indiana University East
Emma VonLehman NKU
Grace Wilson Florida International

Here is the list for OE's 2017's. I'd argue that what it lacks in quantity, it make in quality.

College Commitments
Abby McNamara (2017) - Wake Forest
Mikayla "Shey" Hampton (2017) - Northwestern University
Claire Fisher (2017) - University of Tennessee
Olivia Brown (2017) - University of Dayton
Rachel Ernst (2017) - Kent State University
Talia Brown (2017) - Bowling Green State University
Paige Knorr (2017) - Ohio University
Katie Shaffer (2017) - Eastern Kentucky University
Grace Poncsak (2017) - Ohio State University
Courtney Jones (2017) - Clemson University
Abigail Mathews (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Riley Shelton (2017) - Savannah College of Art & Design
Ellie Vandergriff (2017) - Bellarmine University
Casey Jervier (2017) - University of Chicago
Sydney Leshnak (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Jenna Prathapa (2017) - Cleveland State University
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-12-17, 09:40 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 186
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Well lets look at local college commitments from two clubs and compare locally at least. I was glad to see you admit to being a troll but lets not let these pesky facts get in the way.

Here is the Cincinnati United List for you to review my count - 28-16 in CUPs favor so why locally would anyone make any other choice locally?

College Commitments
Class of 2017

Brooklyn Adair Wilmington
Erin Babcock Akron
Abby Brauning University of Cincinnati
Rachel Burgess Indiana University East
Emi Carlo University of Cincinnati
Alex Chittum Findlay University
Kiersten Clukey Campbellsville
Kristin Dean Centre College
Devin Duhme Lander University
Shelby Elder Walsh University
Gabbie Fleming Anderson Univeristy
Erica Hafer Walsh University
Jayde Hoffmann Capital
Kailey Ivins NKU
Mandi Kinsey Malone
Brooke Lindenschmidt Malone
Emily Moreno UC Clermont
Sierra Moss Florida International
Casey Murphy Mt. St. Joe
Brooke Radcliffe Tusculum College
Morgan Ramby Auburn
Kaitlyn Rhodes Hanover
Kateri Schoettinger Radford University
Grace Schuppe Memphis
Maddie Smitth DePauw
Nicole Visse Indiana University East
Emma VonLehman NKU
Grace Wilson Florida International

Here is the list for OE's 2017's. I'd argue that what it lacks in quantity, it make in quality.

College Commitments
Abby McNamara (2017) - Wake Forest
Mikayla "Shey" Hampton (2017) - Northwestern University
Claire Fisher (2017) - University of Tennessee
Olivia Brown (2017) - University of Dayton
Rachel Ernst (2017) - Kent State University
Talia Brown (2017) - Bowling Green State University
Paige Knorr (2017) - Ohio University
Katie Shaffer (2017) - Eastern Kentucky University
Grace Poncsak (2017) - Ohio State University
Courtney Jones (2017) - Clemson University
Abigail Mathews (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Riley Shelton (2017) - Savannah College of Art & Design
Ellie Vandergriff (2017) - Bellarmine University
Casey Jervier (2017) - University of Chicago
Sydney Leshnak (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Jenna Prathapa (2017) - Cleveland State University

I'm a little confused on the current Troll battle. You both seem to arguing each's other point. Buck's post has nothing to do with what impact the DA will have on the market in the near future, only what ECNL is doing now.

Coach, You'd be better off posting CUP's commitments from the 18's and 19's. Your post only reinforces Buck's argument in that your comparing the commitments of the top Ohio Elite team to the three top CUP teams. Sure CUP has quantity with such regional powerhouses as IU East (Who hasn't fielded a team yet) But OE has the quality with more D1's and more power 5 commitments.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-12-17, 11:19 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,195
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
I'm a little confused on the current Troll battle. You both seem to arguing each's other point. Buck's post has nothing to do with what impact the DA will have on the market in the near future, only what ECNL is doing now.

Coach, You'd be better off posting CUP's commitments from the 18's and 19's. Your post only reinforces Buck's argument in that your comparing the commitments of the top Ohio Elite team to the three top CUP teams. Sure CUP has quantity with such regional powerhouses as IU East (Who hasn't fielded a team yet) But OE has the quality with more D1's and more power 5 commitments.
So your saying that OE having 27 commitments from one team and 1 commitment from their second team is better than CUP having more commitments across 3 teams. I guess then you would have to admit that OE lacks development and training below their ECNL teams and that CUP and others have caught up? I would think players / famlies would prefer to go to a club that develops players at all levels of play not just from one team in each age group. I do agree that my argument would be even stronger if I included the 18 and 19s but using the weaker of the groups still proves my point. As for you comment about IU East it will probably be a lot like Savannah College of Art & Design.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-12-17, 11:40 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 186
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Dude I can't argue with your agenda (Infer from whats not there). I can't even figure out where your getting your numbers.

The list only shows OE's top team, which I posted weeks ago from the team's page. The quote you are using is in reference to a post from CUP'ster trying to the prestigious Commits from the 17's.

I think that OE uses the strategy that they offer a better platform for top teams than any national league club can provide. All of CUP's (And KHA's for that matter) seem to be in higher leagues than OE's second team

Again I think CUP is a top club. Any kid who plays on Gold is most likely elite. As a competitive venue I don't think you can reasonably argue that the National league can compete with the ECNL. The DA in a couple of years may be a completely different story.

Last edited by Hoosier Parent; 04-12-17 at 12:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-12-17, 03:07 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,195
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
As a competitive venue I don't think you can reasonably argue that the National league can compete with the ECNL. The DA in a couple of years may be a completely different story.
This is where I disagree I think they are both about the same when you look at the local clubs here. OE, CUP and KHA at the top levels are really about the same competitive level. At the next level down I believe the facts show CUP and CU to be the best at helping players to play in college.

Last edited by coachg; 04-12-17 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-12-17, 03:57 PM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
I think it's great that all these kids get to go on and play college soccer. Does it matter where they were developed? Does it matter where they ended up playing (D1,D2,D3, NAIA), as long as it fits their dreams and aspirations?

Great for the Greater Cincinnati area that we have so many great coaches and players. Not to mention that CUP, OE, and KHA aren't the only clubs sending players to college.

Why is this board so negative all the time? I would love to debate some of the local soccer scenes unique challenges, but it always seems to head down a CUP vs OE vs KHA (and everyone else sucks!) discussion.

What is it about the anonymity that brings out the worst in people? I bet you are all really nice people in person...at least I hope you are.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-12-17, 04:45 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 186
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
I think it's great that all these kids get to go on and play college soccer. Does it matter where they were developed? Does it matter where they ended up playing (D1,D2,D3, NAIA), as long as it fits their dreams and aspirations?

Great for the Greater Cincinnati area that we have so many great coaches and players. Not to mention that CUP, OE, and KHA aren't the only clubs sending players to college.

Why is this board so negative all the time? I would love to debate some of the local soccer scenes unique challenges, but it always seems to head down a CUP vs OE vs KHA (and everyone else sucks!) discussion.

What is it about the anonymity that brings out the worst in people? I bet you are all really nice people in person...at least I hope you are.
Which one of us? I've said at nauseum, that the rosters for CUP, KHA, and OE are littered with girls from smaller clubs with great technical coaches, who migrate to more established clubs. Again we came over to the Dayton area 4 years ago (U12) and I was amazed at not only the technical ability but the depth of talented teams and players.

There are 9 former CUSA 01/00 girls on the OE and CUP 01 rosters and another who plays for OP or quit OE from injuries. Ohio south is an amazing hotbed of girls soccer outside of CUP/OE/KHA.

Although I admittedly troll from boredom, I'm often overwhelmed by the posts of Buck as well as the CUP'sters and can't contain myself.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-12-17, 04:45 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,481
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
I think it's great that all these kids get to go on and play college soccer. Does it matter where they were developed? Does it matter where they ended up playing (D1,D2,D3, NAIA), as long as it fits their dreams and aspirations?

Great for the Greater Cincinnati area that we have so many great coaches and players. Not to mention that CUP, OE, and KHA aren't the only clubs sending players to college.

Why is this board so negative all the time? I would love to debate some of the local soccer scenes unique challenges, but it always seems to head down a CUP vs OE vs KHA (and everyone else sucks!) discussion.

What is it about the anonymity that brings out the worst in people? I bet you are all really nice people in person...at least I hope you are.

Its always been like that since I can remember. Don't dare say anything positive about a HS team, Club Team or any player or coach. I think some are just trying to be cute but it limits serious discussion her.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-12-17, 06:33 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 186
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
This is where I disagree I think they are both about the same when you look at the local clubs here. OE, CUP and KHA at the top levels are really about the same competitive level. At the next level down I believe the facts show CUP and CU to be the best at helping players to play in college.
That's the beauty of conjecture coach, there's no facts to refute or corrobrate. The clubs don't really seem to want to play each other. Although I think CUP is the pride of the NL, I can't really find where CUP or KHA have consistent success against ECNL teams. Of course in some age groups neither is OE. I'd like to see CUP consistently beat some top level ECNL'rs before CUP'sters get too bold though.

(Admittedly in troll mode) I think your posted list of 2017 CUP and OE commitments underminds your statement, "CUP and CU being the best at helping players to play in college". It only shows the CUP 17's are mostly going to mid-majors and smaller schools (Again IU East is a D2 NAIA school that will host their first season this fall) against the OE's 17's which are filled with Power 5 conference commitments. (2018 and 19 CUP classes seem stronger). No doubt CUP is sending more girls to College, but your post doesn't support your suggestion.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-12-17, 07:30 PM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Gehinnom
Posts: 1,471
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Exhausting!

Who cares if IU East is NAIA D2? Who cares what level SCAD is at? Who cares if kids are playing at a mid-major? The only people that should care are the kids and the kids' families. If they're happy with their choice, then it's all good. The arguments of the fans of a particular club and/or league based on schools attended, in order to assert some perceived superiority, are tiresome.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-12-17, 08:22 PM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Exhausting!



Who cares if IU East is NAIA D2? Who cares what level SCAD is at? Who cares if kids are playing at a mid-major? The only people that should care are the kids and the kids' families. If they're happy with their choice, then it's all good. The arguments of the fans of a particular club and/or league based on schools attended, in order to assert some perceived superiority, are tiresome.


Exactly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-13-17, 05:27 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 186
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
This is where I disagree I think they are both about the same when you look at the local clubs here. OE, CUP and KHA at the top levels are really about the same competitive level. At the next level down I believe the facts show CUP and CU to be the best at helping players to play in college.
Seriously? I respond to coach's above quote and that's what you get out of it? Where exactly did I disparage IU East?.

But point taken. I'll cut back on the negativity.

Last edited by Hoosier Parent; 04-13-17 at 05:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-13-17, 10:23 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,371
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
I won't cutback on the negativity as it is the truth !

Stop avoiding the truth !

Everyone keeps saying who cares as long as you are playing college, WHAT CRAP !

do you think these Girls and families pick these schools ?
Your Freaking crazy !

This is all that was offered to them, limited by how strong the League played in !

The ECNL puts the kids in front of the major school coaches, because the Major school coaches are interested in the ECNL players first Always have been.

if you are Consistently in front of the major schools that is where your offer will come from.

If you are in front of nothing but lower and mid level schools that is where your offer will come from , cannot go to a big school if there is no offer and they have not seen much of you !

Figure it out , this is not rocket science

The National League does not attract the number of coaches at the events like the ECNL Events do , not even close.


Now will this new DA do even a better job than the ECNL ? Time will tell
But untill they do as the list above proves ECNL players are going to more top Schools hands down.

Now does that mean the CUP/KHA players are not as good as the ECNL players ? NO but what it says is they are not being seen by the top coaches as much as the ECNL players are.

Those are the facts
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-13-17, 10:37 AM
MichaelPat MichaelPat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 261
MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
2016 Final RPI:

Auburn 9
CLEMSON 13
Northwestern 24
Memphis 30
Kent St 37
Wake Forest 73
UC 75
Tennessee 87
NKU 114
Dayton 143
BGSU 229
Ohio 249
Cleveland 303
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-13-17, 11:50 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 186
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
I won't cutback on the negativity as it is the truth !

Stop avoiding the truth !

Everyone keeps saying who cares as long as you are playing college, WHAT CRAP !

do you think these Girls and families pick these schools ?
Your Freaking crazy !

This is all that was offered to them, limited by how strong the League played in !

The ECNL puts the kids in front of the major school coaches, because the Major school coaches are interested in the ECNL players first Always have been.

if you are Consistently in front of the major schools that is where your offer will come from.

If you are in front of nothing but lower and mid level schools that is where your offer will come from , cannot go to a big school if there is no offer and they have not seen much of you !

Figure it out , this is not rocket science

The National League does not attract the number of coaches at the events like the ECNL Events do , not even close.


Now will this new DA do even a better job than the ECNL ? Time will tell
But untill they do as the list above proves ECNL players are going to more top Schools hands down.

Now does that mean the CUP/KHA players are not as good as the ECNL players ? NO but what it says is they are not being seen by the top coaches as much as the ECNL players are.

Those are the facts
Much more elequently put than did.

It's great that girls are finding places to suit their needs on college. Girls using their soccer abilities for find the educational opportunities that work for them.

The problem I had relating to IU East was simply that IU East has girls rostered that have never played club soccer.

We have recently had girls from our high school who played D2 who haven't played club soccer.

You can't expound that CUP is a superior platform and layout results that girls can achieve without playing club and paying the heavy club fees from CUP.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-13-17, 12:27 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 234
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
How anyone from any girls club in the area can argue the results of OE's ECNL girls the last 5+ years getting to the next level is beyond me. Is it the only path? Clearly not. Is it, and has it been the best proven path? The answer is, or should be unarguably yes. It's mind blowing anyone who argues otherwise.

I will add that kids on Gold at many ages are and have been talking about trying out for the ECNL because of the distaste of the DA, and the eventual watering down of Gold. I would imagine the same may be happening at Hammer with Red, but we don't really know anyone there anymore. And I'm sure it's more than are saying because we all know the wrath of the CUP'er coaches if you even hint at dissent.

We still have a few friends at OE and they have not heard of anyone really talking about trying out for the DA. We'll see...
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-13-17, 01:48 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 186
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
How anyone from any girls club in the area can argue the results of OE's ECNL girls the last 5+ years getting to the next level is beyond me. Is it the only path? Clearly not. Is it, and has it been the best proven path? The answer is, or should be unarguably yes. It's mind blowing anyone who argues otherwise.

I will add that kids on Gold at many ages are and have been talking about trying out for the ECNL because of the distaste of the DA, and the eventual watering down of Gold. I would imagine the same may be happening at Hammer with Red, but we don't really know anyone there anymore. And I'm sure it's more than are saying because we all know the wrath of the CUP'er coaches if you even hint at dissent.

We still have a few friends at OE and they have not heard of anyone really talking about trying out for the DA. We'll see...
Seen several CUP girls at OE practices but not the established girls I know. I'm betting that you won't see a cosmic shift of talent from CUP to OE over the DA.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-13-17, 02:04 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 234
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Seen several CUP girls at OE practices but not the established girls I know. I'm betting that you won't see a cosmic shift of talent from CUP to OE over the DA.
I was surprised at a few parents who have drank from the CUP for years telling me they were done. Parents who usually say nothing,....EVER. But perhaps your right. I hope for our sake you are.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-13-17, 02:45 PM
Upper 90 Upper 90 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-21-09
Posts: 257
Upper 90 is on a distinguished road
This is off thread, for the most part, but has anyone read the DA documents on the boys side for middle school ages? It is on their web site. You need to take a look if you are interested in this topic. If I read it correctly at U12, two 12-14 person DA teams plus a Pre DA team(where I think you get up to 6 game appearances in the big show) and also still the Gold, Black, North, I, II etc. Adding 3 new teams essentially. Some new job postings with fairly lofty job credentials required to run the thing. Also some interesting reading on recruiting and team selection before tryouts even start, basically most of the team will be set before tryouts so call us now type deal. I read though it last night and have yet to form an opinion on what I think honestly. I can move this over to the boys side if more appropriate. Keep in mind I was enjoying some post grass cutting beers in my garage and may have misread something, Coors Light apologizes on my behalf.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-13-17, 05:39 PM
Bucknut3 Bucknut3 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-26-17
Posts: 27
Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-13-17, 06:58 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 234
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure class View Post
These CUP kids will have to navigate the water carefully, however, since the coaches will turn their backs on kids that try out other places as has happened time and time again.
and it's sad....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Needed This Friday - 1 Point WestGwrestling Wrestling 0 01-24-17 11:17 AM
Memorial Day Weekend Classic - Cedar Point farnpt7 Baseball 0 12-07-16 08:55 PM
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center farnpt7 Baseball 3 07-01-16 03:40 PM
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center farnpt7 Lacrosse 0 06-29-16 08:36 AM
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center farnpt7 Boys Soccer 0 06-29-16 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz