Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-09-17, 07:33 PM
Freshman

CanofCorn is on a distinguished road
Looking good with a fairly easy schedule this year.
Old 04-09-17, 08:25 PM
Freshman

C-bus81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Wow. Points??
Lol wrestler here, just getting into baseball!
Old 04-10-17, 08:18 AM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
What is considered a hard schedule in HS baseball? Large Cincy schools, Butler, Beavercreek, Springboro? Other than those teams its kind of a crap shoot every year is it not? Speaking of Springboro, I went stopped by their game against Centerville on Friday. That team is the real deal.
Old 04-11-17, 09:54 AM
All District

foghat78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryTeacher View Post
What is considered a hard schedule in HS baseball? Large Cincy schools, Butler, Beavercreek, Springboro? Other than those teams its kind of a crap shoot every year is it not? Speaking of Springboro, I went stopped by their game against Centerville on Friday. That team is the real deal.
Schedule the traditional tough competition, even as a D1 or D2 school scheduling the traditional tough D3-D4 teams makes for competitive baseball and can prepare your team for tournament. MAC schools like Coldwater, St Henry, and Minster are good competition for most Dayton area schools. Even Russia, Anna, and Ft Loramie can give you good games because you are going to see strikes and well played baseball. 100% of the time that is going to be better for your team than seeing bad bigger school baseball.
Old 04-13-17, 07:35 PM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Big win for Butler, overcoming early deficits on the road to beat American South leading Fairborn 6-3. Butler (13-0, 6-0) will face off against Moeller (9-1) on Saturday.
Old 04-14-17, 05:25 PM
Freshman

CanofCorn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryTeacher View Post
Crap shoot with certain teams yes. Springboro they will face in League play. But Centerville, Butler are always solid. 30 minutes south on 75 lies plenty of tough competition to give them a challenge. The road to Columbus runs thru Cincinnati in the Districts and thru Columbus in the Regionals, so play them and see where you stand early. Will be interesting to see how they handle the league play and how many of their opponents they beat finish above .500
Old 04-18-17, 08:57 PM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Man Tipp is crushing th ball, I can't remember a time where they have hit this well. 10 homeruns in 15 games including homers from 5 players (3: Calhoun. 2: Losey, Eichbuam, Staggs. 1 Hughes.) If they can keep this kind of power up, to go along with 42 stolen bases and a .395 team batting average, they will be hard to beat.
Old 04-19-17, 03:25 PM
Hail To The Aviators

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Man Tipp is crushing th ball, I can't remember a time where they have hit this well. 10 homeruns in 15 games including homers from 5 players (3: Calhoun. 2: Losey, Eichbuam, Staggs. 1 Hughes.) If they can keep this kind of power up, to go along with 42 stolen bases and a .395 team batting average, they will be hard to beat.
No doubt Tipp has been ripping the ball and playing well. Not sure about the caliber of teams they played in Florida, so with that aside it looks like the meat of the schedule lies ahead.

I said it before and it remains true, as Tipp and Butler appear to be on a collision course for what will very likely be a two game championship series for the American North.

I will be very interested to see how the Red Devils against the likes of Fairborn (assuming Webb pitches), Kenton Ridge, Troy (this will be a huge series) Northmont and CJ.

Butler was tearing the cover off of the ball, but the bats have cooled. Over the last two years this cold streak has come just in time for the tournament, and resulted in two early exits. Hopefully these doldrums are quickly passing for Butler.

Aside from the crucial Tipp series, Butler will face a gauntlet of teams in:

Centerville
Springboro
LaSalle
Elder
Old 04-19-17, 08:01 PM
All Ohio

The hot hitting continues as Calhoun hits his 4th home run and 3rd straight game with a homer, and Staggs hitting his 3rd bomb. Up to 12 homeruns and a .400 batting average thru 16 games as a team. As well has 64 extra base hits. Good Competition or not, that kind of hitting is special.
Old 04-19-17, 11:13 PM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The hot hitting continues as Calhoun hits his 4th home run and 3rd straight game with a homer, and Staggs hitting his 3rd bomb. Up to 12 homeruns and a .400 batting average thru 16 games as a team. As well has 64 extra base hits. Good Competition or not, that kind of hitting is special.
Well, yeah. Until you run into a good pitcher.
Old 04-20-17, 08:26 AM
Freshman

balls & strikes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, yeah. Until you run into a good pitcher.
Webb will be on the mound Friday at Tipp.
Old 04-20-17, 12:49 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by balls & strikes View Post
Webb will be on the mound Friday at Tipp.
Pitcher. Not thrower.
Old 04-20-17, 07:50 PM
Junior Varsity

Peterson78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pitcher. Not thrower.
What are you saying here? That " thrower " is a D1 caliber pitcher which is reflected in his commitment to Toledo prior to this season.
Old 04-21-17, 07:38 PM
All Ohio

Tippecanoe faces off against Fairborn and Webb and come out on top 5-3. Eichbuam with 10 Ks and improves to 2-0.
Old 04-21-17, 08:39 PM
Freshman

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Tippecanoe faces off against Fairborn and Webb and come out on top 5-3. Eichbuam with 10 Ks and improves to 2-0.
And crickets from the peanut gallery. Too many people write Tipp off as a small school that can't hang with the big boys but I think they are starting to realize that this school is for real in all sports especially football and baseball. Butler has had a nice run but I think there might be a new sheriff in town. I cannot wait to play Bulter!
Old 04-21-17, 10:17 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterson78 View Post
What are you saying here? That " thrower " is a D1 caliber pitcher which is reflected in his commitment to Toledo prior to this season.
It's my opinion and I will leave it at that. I can already tell you are far to sensitive for me to go any more in depth than that. Alot of guys that throw hard sign D-1. Best of luck.
Old 04-23-17, 11:41 AM
All Ohio

Tipp continues dominating its competition, 9-0 victory over 12-4 Kenton Ridge. Impressive resume so far with wins over Oakwood, Eaton, Fairborn and KR.
Old 04-24-17, 12:15 PM
Freshman

Look for more of the same tonight against Troy. This is a team of destiny this year. Pitching, hitting, homers these boys are getting it done. Man I love this game!
Old 04-24-17, 07:46 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerAviator83 View Post
No doubt Tipp has been ripping the ball and playing well. Not sure about the caliber of teams they played in Florida, so with that aside it looks like the meat of the schedule lies ahead.

I said it before and it remains true, as Tipp and Butler appear to be on a collision course for what will very likely be a two game championship series for the American North.

I will be very interested to see how the Red Devils against the likes of Fairborn (assuming Webb pitches), Kenton Ridge, Troy (this will be a huge series) Northmont and CJ.

Butler was tearing the cover off of the ball, but the bats have cooled. Over the last two years this cold streak has come just in time for the tournament, and resulted in two early exits. Hopefully these doldrums are quickly passing for Butler.

Aside from the crucial Tipp series, Butler will face a gauntlet of teams in:

Centerville
Springboro
LaSalle
Elder
I don't mean this in a snarky way so please don't take it that way. But so far the Red Devils have beaten the tar out of everyone they have played including those teams that you said would be "tough". I'm telling you this is a special group of guys and they are taking the GWOC and state by storm. I said it before and I do respect Butler but I don't think they have the juice or the killer instinct for Tipp this year, I don't know if anyone does. Don't want to get to ahead of myself here but it doesn't take a baseball guru to realize that there is something really special happening here.
Old 04-24-17, 08:11 PM
All Ohio

Tipp 11 Troy 0

The boys keep rolling
Old 04-24-17, 08:33 PM
Hail To The Aviators

I don't think there is any doubt that Tipp is the real deal. Stats don't lie, and it's clear that they are getting it done in all facets of the game. After seeing how close troy played Butler last week, the Tipp demolishing of Troy is legit.

I am hoping for a great series next week when Butler and Tipp meet up...looks like Butler better bring it's A-game.
Old 04-25-17, 03:34 PM
All Ohio

Tipp ranked 5th in division 2 in the second state poll.
Old 04-25-17, 08:16 PM
All World

troyboy73
Troy wins tonight 3-1.
Old 04-25-17, 08:23 PM
Hail To The Aviators

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
Troy wins tonight 3-1.
Big win for Troy! After watching how closely Troy played Butler, I expected them to give Tipp two good games. Nice to see the Trojans bounce back from yesterday and take one on the road tonight.
Old 04-25-17, 08:50 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
Troy wins tonight 3-1.
Gotta give Troy credit they played a good game and Kotwica had a really good game. He has good stuff and kept our guys off balance tonight. This was a tough one to lose but sometimes it's good to get a hard fought loss to really make you appreciate the wins. Just have to put it behind us and take care of business against Butler. Not worried a bit. Take the GWOC and take state baby!
Old 04-25-17, 10:04 PM
Junior Varsity

Peterson78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's my opinion and I will leave it at that. I can already tell you are far to sensitive for me to go any more in depth than that. Alot of guys that throw hard sign D-1. Best of luck.
And it's just my opinion as well, I feel he can do more than just throw a high 80's fastball. Not sensitive at all my friend, my son no longer plays at Fairborn so I have no ties to it.
Old 04-28-17, 01:40 AM
All Ohio

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Game story

Warriors handle Talawanda, push record to 16-2

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/w...DY64gzhIZTbgI/