Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-23-17, 03:07 PM
Varsity

oldbwalum is on a distinguished road
Ms. Basketball??

Up in Northeast Ohio - it has to be Dee Bekelja from Solon. Best player on a loaded team playing the toughest schedule.

Thoughts??
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-17, 11:13 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
I would choose Braxtin Miller, Alter from SW Ohio. Even against top competition (team often plays up in D1) she shines and is consistent. Others may have better stats but she is truly special and has been her entire career.

Last edited by Kballer; 01-24-17 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-24-17, 08:06 AM
Freshman

BobRoss is on a distinguished road
Dee Bekelja is the best I have seen this year.
Old 01-24-17, 10:07 AM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Braxtin Miller from Kettering Archbishop Alter. Very talented player... can shoot well, plays great defense, high basketball IQ...Alter has been playing a daunting schedule the last several years and has come out with 28-29 wins out of 30 games. She was a great player at the Classic in the Country leading Alter to be undefeated in all their games there, and also playing a DI schedule the whole year out of league is very impressive. On her way hopefully to leading Alter to state for the 4th year in a row... You can't beat that resume. Great coaching staff and other teammates have helped her become the fine player she is.

Last edited by America; 01-25-17 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-24-17, 12:53 PM
All Region

Hoban2019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Braxton Miller from Kettering Archbishop Alter. Very talented player...
If OHSAA doesn't come down hard on this violation, I will lose all faith in them. To think an active wide receiver in the NFL and former college quarterback can come back to play high school basketball and get away with it. And on a girls team no less!
Old 01-24-17, 03:30 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
If OHSAA doesn't come down hard on this violation, I will lose all faith in them. To think an active wide receiver in the NFL and former college quarterback can come back to play high school basketball and get away with it. And on a girls team no less!
And 24 years old!
Old 01-25-17, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRoss View Post
Dee Bekelja is the best I have seen this year.
Dee Bekelja has got a real shot at winning Ms. Basketball.
Old 01-26-17, 02:02 AM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Won't happen because this award is more about being the best player on a top team regardless of stats but I'll give her a mention anyway.

Celena Taborn (Sidney) - 25 PPG - 12 REB - 4 BLK

Leads the GWOC in each category. 40+ in three games this season.
Old 01-26-17, 06:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Won't happen because this award is more about being the best player on a top team regardless of stats but I'll give her a mention anyway.

Nice article in today's Dayton Daily News on Celena Taborn. At 6'3", she's nearly an unstoppable inside force.
Old 01-31-17, 08:37 AM
All Ohio

thought-i-told-u is on a distinguished road
Quote:

LOL, it ALWAYS comes back to something in Sydney! She is good though, jope she picks up some better offers than the one she has.
Old 01-31-17, 05:30 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by thought-i-told-u View Post
LOL, it ALWAYS comes back to something in Sydney! She is good though, jope she picks up some better offers than the one she has.
Sidney. This isn't Australia. Don't quite know what you mean by 'always'. Pretty sure the majority of people on Yappi have at least one school they follow. You don't see me posting about the Jackets dominance in boys bowling do you?
Old 02-02-17, 02:03 PM
All Region

Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Where is her lone offer from??
Old 02-02-17, 11:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perk Diggler View Post
Where is her lone offer from??
Longwood University (Farmville, VA)
Old 02-03-17, 05:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Longwood University (Farmville, VA)
I had to look up Longwood University. It's a D1 school in The Big South Conference. Unless she's already committed, I would think she'll get more offers...she's having a monster year.
Old 02-04-17, 11:52 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Bekelja's likely a front-runner from NEO

Others in this region would be Kierstan Bell from McK with the season/stats she's put up for McKinley and Naz Hillmon from Gilmour

This award's always tough because of the way the player is chosen. You usually have to have the stats and yes team success is a big part of it. Intangibles aren't necessarily taken into account.
Old 02-04-17, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
I had to look up Longwood University. It's a D1 school in The Big South Conference. Unless she's already committed, I would think she'll get more offers...she's having a monster year.
Just dropped her fifth 40+ point game this season today. She is 72 points away from the Sidney single season record and 77 points away from the career school record.
Old 02-04-17, 03:13 PM
All Region

JM92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just dropped her fifth 40+ point game this season today. She is 72 points away from the Sidney single season record and 77 points away from the career school record.

That's impressive.. talk about carrying that team on your shoulders.
Old 02-04-17, 10:54 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Bekelja's likely a front-runner from NEO

Others in this region would be Kierstan Bell from McK with the season/stats she's put up for McKinley and Naz Hillmon from Gilmour

This award's always tough because of the way the player is chosen. You usually have to have the stats and yes team success is a big part of it. Intangibles aren't necessarily taken into account.
That's why I think the nod will go to Braxtin Miller- 3 state finals with 2 championships. 3 losses (by a total of less than a dozen points) in 3 years- to top ranked D1 teams with a tough schedule every year. Perfect season in 2015- record setting scoring. Really impressive player her entire high school career.
Old 02-06-17, 11:32 AM
All Region

Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
If Braxtin get's it would be hard to argue against her.
Old 02-07-17, 12:01 PM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
LOL made me chuckle. Braxtin sometimes plays like a NFL athlete such a skilled player, so much fun to watch. Alter girls team is lucky they have 2 of the best guards in the state in Braxtin & Libby Bazcelak. Hope they make another run to state.

Last edited by kmac57; 02-11-17 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-09-17, 03:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Sidney. This isn't Australia. Don't quite know what you mean by 'always'. Pretty sure the majority of people on Yappi have at least one school they follow. You don't see me posting about the Jackets dominance in boys bowling do you?
LOL,but SIDNEY isnt a school that gets any ink so excuse me for spelling it wrong ONLY time i see ANYTHING about your school its from ONLY you, glad youre dedicated Why would you comment about anything on SIDNEY sports???? You guys suck. But best of luck to the girl with more offers to come for sure
Old 02-09-17, 03:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
That's why I think the nod will go to Braxtin Miller- 3 state finals with 2 championships. 3 losses (by a total of less than a dozen points) in 3 years- to top ranked D1 teams with a tough schedule every year. Perfect season in 2015- record setting scoring. Really impressive player her entire high school career.
Doubty they give it to her even though she one of best in State, remember she didnt even make ALL-STATE last yr , just honarable mention
Old 02-09-17, 06:48 PM
All World

Quote:
Doubty they give it to her even though she one of best in State, remember she didnt even make ALL-STATE last yr , just honarable mention
Your memory is correct. An inexcusable omission by the completely clueless AP voters. Braxtin Miller didn't make 1st, 2nd or even 3rd team D2 All-State. Heck, she didn't even make Special Mention. Only Honorable Mention. The AP voters felt at least 48 players in D2 alone were better than Braxtin...they probably felt hundreds were better considering all four divisions.

She's the best player (apologies to Libby Bazelak) on the best D2 team in the state, three years in a row. 33 points and 10 rebounds in last year's state championship game. Shameful snub...it doesn't get any worse than that.

But what do I know compared to the AP experts?
Old 02-10-17, 01:01 PM
All District

GREENDAY is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have a complete list of AP voters for district and state awards? What about newspapers and media outlets represented?
Old 02-10-17, 09:45 PM
All American

The voting for Ms. Basketball is done prior to the State tournament, correct?
Old 02-10-17, 11:39 PM
All American

warriors378 is on a distinguished road
Can't argue if Miller is rewarded with Ms. Basketball. I do think Bekelja, Bell, and Hillmon would be in consideration from Northeast Ohio like McGal said.

I think that the one I will mention is not in the running for Ms. Basketball this year, but may be next year or the year after that, is Youngstown Ursuline's Dayshanette Harris. Already recorded her 1000th point and she's still a sophomore. I know Bell is close to joining the 1000 point club, if not already. Definitely a lot of young talent in Northeast Ohio and around the state when referencing girls basketball.
Old 02-11-17, 12:08 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriors378 View Post
Can't argue if Miller is rewarded with Ms. Basketball. I do think Bekelja, Bell, and Hillmon would be in consideration from Northeast Ohio like McGal said.

I think that the one I will mention is not in the running for Ms. Basketball this year, but may be next year or the year after that, is Youngstown Ursuline's Dayshanette Harris. Already recorded her 1000th point and she's still a sophomore. I know Bell is close to joining the 1000 point club, if not already. Definitely a lot of young talent in Northeast Ohio and around the state when referencing girls basketball.

Bell did indeed hit her 1000th pt a game or 2 ago..
Old 02-11-17, 12:12 AM
All Region

I really can't say who will win that honor this year; AP is really wonky.. it could be any of these people mentioned or not.. LOL
Old 02-11-17, 02:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
LOL,but SIDNEY isnt a school that gets any ink so excuse me for spelling it wrong ONLY time i see ANYTHING about your school its from ONLY you, glad youre dedicated Why would you comment about anything on SIDNEY sports???? You guys suck. But best of luck to the girl with more offers to come for sure
Classy, too bad it's all low. Crawl back into your cave troll.
Old 02-13-17, 12:38 PM
All District

GREENDAY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriors378 View Post

Dayshanette Harris won't even get Northeast-Inland District Player of the Year for Division III. Her team is hovering around .500. She is a very talented player but I have talked to a lot of people around the Ursuline program who say she plays no D and does not make her teammates better at all.