Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-05-17, 11:09 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
bluengoldblinders is a disgruntled player who had a run-in with Rody or someone on the staff because of playing time or your a parent who's little Jimmy didn't get playing time. you probably were one of the ring leaders that wanted Crable as the head coach.
Couldn't be further from the truth. And honestly, the guys from "the old days" are the guys that help keep that Moeller tradition fresh and alive. Blue and Gold is actually a good guy that follows Moe religiously and having given up blood sweat and tears for Moe has every right to ask why his school that used to strike fear in the hearts of damn near any team in the nation is now on the bottom rung of its league and barely beating GMC schools that once were a warm up.
Old 04-05-17, 11:48 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Ummm... might want to look at the record from the time Rody took over and now. You'll notice those "back to back" titles also coincided with a couple key coaches that were brought back, won the titles, and then were gone. It's an absolute curve with a crescendo when they were here. When left to his own devices, 5amd 5 or 6 and 4 is the average. I'm really not sure how anyone can look at a program that hasn't had a losing season EVER with the exception of its first year and not think that a 5 and 5 and then a 4 and 6 isn't cause for alarm.

Moeller has a rich tradition of not settling for second. Win or lose. The Moeller I signed my son for was that Moeller. And while I absolutely had some disagreements with a couple guys, that's to be expected when that many Alpha type personalities group up and demand the best. It seems to me, from the outside looking in and reading some things, that some people expect to win just because they have the jersey and are simply happy to be there. I'm no Jimmy the Greek, but I doubt VERY highly that Big Moe didn't fill its trophy case with that attitude. Last in the GCL is a disgrace and to fall that far in just 3 years should be unacceptable. If my business had those kinds of averages I'd be looking for a job and eating aspirin by the handful.
While I am not defending the current situation at all, I think your statement of "last in the GCL is a disgrace" is off the mark. Moe lost to 2 State Champions that happen to be in our league- I don't think that is disgraceful considering the competition
Old 04-06-17, 10:56 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
While I am not defending the current situation at all, I think your statement of "last in the GCL is a disgrace" is off the mark. Moe lost to 2 State Champions that happen to be in our league- I don't think that is disgraceful considering the competition
Did Moe win the GCL last year? Did they beat Elder this year? Is it harsh? Yeah, it's probably pretty harsh and there is an argument to be made concerning the two State Champs. However, the the record is what it is. But I look at it like this... Losing to State Champs or not Moe isn't even in the conversation. That's just the plain truth. I don't have any answers for it. I don't pretend to. I will say I'm not happy with the rep Moe is starting to get as they are the only local team I root for in football (besides my local, and the less boys I know on there the less I care lol). I dunno man. Apologies to those that find my statement harsh, but the truth remains Moe was last in the GCL. When's the last time that happened?
Old 04-06-17, 03:52 PM
All American

It hasn't happened in a very long time- not offended just trying to put it in the proper perspective. Calling it a disgrace just doesn't ring true considering the level of competition- which is so strong that a St. X can go 5-5 and still win rings. A disgrace would have been if they lost to Lakota West....

Last edited by Kballer; 04-06-17 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Spell check
Old 04-06-17, 06:07 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
It hasn't happened in a very long time- not offended just trying to put it in the proper perspective. Calling it a disgrace just doesn't ring true considering the level of competition- which is so strong that a St. X can go 5-5 and still win rings. A disgrace would have been if they lost to Lakota West....
Lol a loss to LW and think they'd have made Rody walk back to Moeller.
Old 04-06-17, 10:41 PM
All American

Or walk away from Moeller never to be seen again...
Old 04-07-17, 06:12 AM
All American

Will Stahanzyk be playing football in the fall now that he is committed to Rutgers for lacrosse? He would be missed if not playing fb. Any kickers coming up the pike now that the last one was booted? Is mcbride working out with the team now that basketball is done?
Old 04-13-17, 07:26 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Or walk away from Moeller never to be seen again...
Is that what happened to Crable?
Old 04-13-17, 10:52 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Will Stahanzyk be playing football in the fall now that he is committed to Rutgers for lacrosse? He would be missed if not playing fb. Any kickers coming up the pike now that the last one was booted? Is mcbride working out with the team now that basketball is done?
Looks like McBride is playing football. That is good news.
Old 04-13-17, 01:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Is that what happened to Crable?
No, he strutted into the college hall of fame
Old 04-14-17, 10:45 AM
All Ohio

The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Looks like McBride is playing football. That is good news.
Great news!
Old 04-19-17, 10:04 AM
Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Watched Rody's football parent meeting on the website. Seems like a lot of good things happening with this years team. I heard the Hoban transfer, TE, is the real deal.
Old 04-19-17, 03:27 PM
All American

Quote:
Watched Rody's football parent meeting on the website. Seems like a lot of good things happening with this years team. I heard the Hoban transfer, TE, is the real deal.
Can he play both ways? We have a 4 star TE now, and Moe could use all the defensive help it can get. Put him at Defensive End and let him wreak havoc!
Old 04-21-17, 11:26 AM
Varsity

Real is on a distinguished road
Oline will need some help next to Carpenter
QB will be Mcbride
RB will be Thurman if he works.. if not Watkins
Team is solid at WR with Khayo, Wills, McCracken etc
Tight End will be Bates. The freshman from Hoban will take the fullback spot and run more routes than normal from that spot. He's already 245 pounds at 15.

Defensively..
Secondary has Hodge, Benzy, Deylhe, Jones, Thompson, and watkins.
Watkins will start if Thurman takes the running back spot.

Linebackers are questionable. Szabadoas is coming back from a good year though. He'll be the anchor.

Defensive line will be the strength. Mullaney, Davidson, Hawkins, Merritt, Dixon, And most interesting to me is Michael Filipowski making the move to nose tackle. He's weighing 265 pounds now. All of those guys can play at a high level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-17, 08:45 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real View Post
Oline will need some help next to Carpenter
QB will be Mcbride
RB will be Thurman if he works.. if not Watkins
Team is solid at WR with Khayo, Wills, McCracken etc
Tight End will be Bates. The freshman from Hoban will take the fullback spot and run more routes than normal from that spot. He's already 245 pounds at 15.

Defensively..
Secondary has Hodge, Benzy, Deylhe, Jones, Thompson, and watkins.
Watkins will start if Thurman takes the running back spot.

Linebackers are questionable. Szabadoas is coming back from a good year though. He'll be the anchor.

Defensive line will be the strength. Mullaney, Davidson, Hawkins, Merritt, Dixon, And most interesting to me is Michael Filipowski making the move to nose tackle. He's weighing 265 pounds now. All of those guys can play at a high level.

Can someone explain to me why Hawkins doesn't ever line up as a defensive tackle? I just don't understand why you have a nationally ranked DT lined up as a DE?

Is Wyche healthy? I hope there is some kind of scheme change because last season was statistically embarrassing.
Old 04-21-17, 09:50 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
Can someone explain to me why Hawkins doesn't ever line up as a defensive tackle? I just don't understand why you have a nationally ranked DT lined up as a DE?

Is Wyche healthy? I hope there is some kind of scheme change because last season was statistically embarrassing.

I think they had Hawk at DE because of Jeremy Meiser and Manigualt last year. They we both 270-280 pounds and he was only 250, so it made sense to leave him outside. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him this year. He played through a shoulder injury all last season and had surgery in November.

Not sure about Wyche. Coming off of an ACL is tough, but he is a tough kid.

Old 04-24-17, 09:24 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
A little friendly advice for the HC. When speaking to the parents at an informational meeting, use the microphone, don't pace up and down, refer to your notes often (don't ad lib so much), and above all, don't ever, ever say in the month of April, "Even though I won't be calling plays on either side of the ball, I know everything there is to know about this team". "In fact, I can tell you right now who will be starting on both sides of the ball". I don't think most parents want to hear that especially coming off your worst season in history. I know these comments sounds a little harsh, but it's just my observation. GBM.
Old 04-24-17, 10:15 PM
All American

Found that comment about knowing who is playing on both sides of the ball a little surprising also. Lots of off season to get through- need to keep kids motivated, even if you have it all mapped out. Most coaches would say something about positions being up for grabs depending on who is working hard every day and competing. Not sure I am understanding how a JV team at a place like Moeller doesn't have a dedicated head coach but yet he knows every starting player.
Old 04-25-17, 08:56 AM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Found that comment about knowing who is playing on both sides of the ball a little surprising also. Lots of off season to get through- need to keep kids motivated, even if you have it all mapped out. Most coaches would say something about positions being up for grabs depending on who is working hard every day and competing. Not sure I am understanding how a JV team at a place like Moeller doesn't have a dedicated head coach but yet he knows every starting player.
Excellent points. While every coach as a pretty good idea who potential starters are for the upcoming year, you want to be open minded and keep the kids all motivated.

Is this the first year that he does not handle coordinator duties? If not it is curious as to why he would have made that statement, as it would not be any different than the previous year.

In defense of Rodenburg its easy to say something off the cuff that gets misinterpreted. I can't imagine he really believes he knows who every single starter will be in April.
Old 04-25-17, 11:02 AM
All American

I guess the counter point to the off the cuff part is- prepare your remarks ahead of time. You are speaking to a couple hundred parents/players kicking off the program for the next year- everything you say is going to be dissected so choose your words carefully. He emphasized the comment pretty heavily- no ambiguity about it.
Old 05-15-17, 02:53 PM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think they had Hawk at DE because of Jeremy Meiser and Manigualt last year. They we both 270-280 pounds and he was only 250, so it made sense to leave him outside. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him this year. He played through a shoulder injury all last season and had surgery in November.

Not sure about Wyche. Coming off of an ACL is tough, but he is a tough kid.

Did Wyche tear his ACL during wrestling season??
Old 05-15-17, 08:52 PM
Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wyche tore his ACL early in the football season last year. I think he played half the season before he shut it down.
Old 06-11-17, 09:06 AM
All American

Quote:
Wyche tore his ACL early in the football season last year. I think he played half the season before he shut it down.
OK, its been quite here for about a month. Any updates/info on this 2017 squad?
Old 06-12-17, 07:39 AM
All American

Quote:
OK, its been quite here for about a month. Any updates/info on this 2017 squad?
There should be no doubt that if McBride is effective in mixing it up (run/throw) then this offense will be second to none in terms of output. Of course, play calling (a little creativity please) will go a long way in helping to unleash this talent.
Old 06-12-17, 12:55 PM
All Ohio

The Game
Any major coaching changes besides Majors being the OC and Barry not coaching the OL?
Old 06-13-17, 10:37 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Any major coaching changes besides Majors being the OC and Barry not coaching the OL?

Nope, all is well with this years team it seems. As far as talent goes... the skill groups along with the Defensive Line will be dominant. Just need to get the Offensive line secured along side Carpenter.

Old 06-15-17, 10:09 AM
All American

[QUOTE=Real;6778257]Nope, all is well with this years team it seems. As far as talent goes... the skill groups along with the Defensive Line will be dominant. Just need to get the Offensive line secured along side Carpenter.

Good to hear about skill and D-Line. However, Moeller won state titles under Rodenberg with great QB and O-Line play and a solid secondary. Those are the big what if's heading into 2107. Building around Carpenter is a good start!
Old 06-23-17, 04:56 PM
Varsity

[QUOTE=Rabbit;6778982]
Quote:
Nope, all is well with this years team it seems. As far as talent goes... the skill groups along with the Defensive Line will be dominant. Just need to get the Offensive line secured along side Carpenter.

Good to hear about skill and D-Line. However, Moeller won state titles under Rodenberg with great QB and O-Line play and a solid secondary. Those are the big what if's heading into 2107. Building around Carpenter is a good start!

Mcbride is the key.

Old 06-24-17, 11:17 AM
All American

[QUOTE=Real;6782005]
Quote:

Mcbride is the key.

This kid really matured physically and mentally from freshman to sophomore season in B-ball. If that same physical and mental toughness carries over to the gridiron, look out. GBM
Old 06-24-17, 03:33 PM
All Ohio

The Game
I saw where Hayes got offered a basketball scholarship from Butler today. Anyone know if he is still planning on playing football? He was a big target on the outside. If he has a scholarship on the table to Butler, I can see if he doesn't want to risk the injury.