Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-18-16, 10:48 AM
Freshman

moefan513 is on a distinguished road
2017 Football

There's no doubt that last years season was a disappointment, but all we can do now is look forward.
With this upcoming season we loose a lot of talent (specifically in the trenches) and at the same time have some pretty promising upcoming athletes. Anyone have any predictions on potential starters, or how we are going to fill some of these crucial positions that were held by seniors last year?
Old 11-18-16, 10:53 AM
Freshman

Julian and Ricky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by moefan513 View Post
There's no doubt that last years season was a disappointment, but all we can do now is look forward.
With this upcoming season we loose a lot of talent (specifically in the trenches) and at the same time have some pretty promising upcoming athletes. Anyone have any predictions on potential starters, or how we are going to fill some of these crucial positions that were held by seniors last year?
D-line should still be pretty solid and I think there are some juniors on the O-line that can step up and contribute next year.
Old 11-18-16, 03:54 PM
Varsity

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
2017 likely starters:
Qb- Mcbride Jr, Mackenzie Jr
Rb- Thurman Sr, Watkins Jr
Slot- Khayo Jr
Fb- Fillipowski Sr
Te- Bates Sr, ?
Wr- McCracken Sr, Wills Sr, Zeke Jr
OL-Carpenter Jr, ?, ?, ?, ?

Dt- Hawkins Sr, ?
De-Mullaney Jr, Davidson Sr
Mlb- Szabados Jr
Olb- Wyche Sr, Stahancyzk Sr
Safety- Hodge Sr, Jones Sr
Cb- Baenziger Sr, ?

Anyone else to add or fill in?
Old 11-18-16, 11:21 PM
Freshman

I assume the 4 jrs from this year will start on the oline next year. Im not sure about a 2nd TE and there's several candidates for the 4th dline position. The 2nd CB will probably be one of the jv corners from this year.
Old 11-19-16, 06:13 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
1. Anyone know next year Schedule?
2. I hear Moe is done at Lockland. Moe need's a stadium badly. The most promising idea I have heard is the proposed project in Blue ash near Crosley Field. Any info?
3. Assistant coaches. Who is returning?

Thx
Old 11-21-16, 11:28 PM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Is bosco coming here next year?

High expectations for bates. Needs to hit the weight room to fill out. May end up being one of the best TE's we have had in a while and that is saying something.

the record from last years JV says that class should be decent.

Obviously my beloved crusaders need a culture change. Not to sound like an old man but the program just seems laid back. Hate to say it but it reminds me of LaSalle like 5 years ago when they had tons of talent but could not translate that into winning. Talented, but easily out played and coached. We got the talent, fancy uniforms, new turf fields and some recent success but were is the old fashioned gritty blue collar teams that put moe on the map? Shoot before Roddy it seemed if even we were out matched talent wise the boys would go out and atleast make things respectable and go 7-5 or something. I know the schedule last year was exceptional but I always took pride in being a Moe guy and the competitive spirit we always had and like to think we always played with pride regardless of the score board, because of what was spelled on our chest.

Not trying to knock the boys effort of last year just saying something is off and I hope it is corrected ASAP.
Old 11-22-16, 10:53 AM
Freshman

moeman8 is on a distinguished road
no way they go above 500 with the same coaching staff as last year. they do not utilize the talent that they have, they have to replace a lot of spots on both sides of the ball.
Old 11-22-16, 12:10 PM
Freshman

moefan513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian and Ricky View Post
D-line should still be pretty solid and I think there are some juniors on the O-line that can step up and contribute next year.
I agree that the D-Line will be pretty solid, not really loosing much there. Hope you're right in that some juniors will step up for O-Line. They've got some big shoes to fill with loosing players like Saddler and Gall
Old 11-22-16, 01:40 PM
All American

Quote:
I agree that the D-Line will be pretty solid, not really loosing much there. Hope you're right in that some juniors will step up for O-Line. They've got some big shoes to fill with loosing players like Saddler and Gall
5 of 6 of top pass catchers return in 17' including another beast at TE
Top Rusher returns in 17', with very solid depth from underclassman
D1 Left tackle to build your o-line around
Very athletic QB who has to become a team leader
A solid Kicker returns
D-LIne that will be good again with a DE with numerous P5 offers
D1 potential MLB in Szabados and other JR's LB's who saw PT
2-3 juniors who saw time at DB return

Much has to happen for Moe to be good in 2107, but there is a good nucleus to build from. O-line and DB's will be the key to next year success. GBM

I hear Moe has added Louisville Trinity and Scott Co (Ky) for 17' Not sure who they replace? Very curious if anyone has more info on the schedule?
Old 11-22-16, 02:09 PM
Freshman

I think Trinity might be week 10 replacing the Canada team from last year's schedule.
Old 11-23-16, 10:27 AM
Junior Varsity

MoellerFan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
1. Anyone know next year Schedule?
2. I hear Moe is done at Lockland. Moe need's a stadium badly. The most promising idea I have heard is the proposed project in Blue ash near Crosley Field. Any info?
3. Assistant coaches. Who is returning?

Thx
Scheduled opponents will be these teams I just don't know what week we will play them:

Crosstown Showdown
Louisville Trinity
Scott County
Winton Woods
St. X
LaSalle
Elder
St. Ignatius
St. Edwards
Canadian team (the one that LaSalle played)

A little easier than last year but still a very solid schedule.
Old 11-23-16, 10:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoellerFan1 View Post
Scheduled opponents will be these teams I just don't know what week we will play them:

Crosstown Showdown
Louisville Trinity
Scott County
Winton Woods
St. X
LaSalle
Elder
St. Ignatius
St. Edwards

Thanks for the update. Yes a little more manageable!
Old 11-23-16, 05:30 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoellerFan1 View Post

Crosstown Showdown
Louisville Trinity
Scott County
Winton Woods
St. X
LaSalle
Elder
St. Ignatius
St. Edwards

Amazing. Having to dumb down the schedule quite a bit to ensure at least a .500 year.
Old 11-24-16, 01:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Amazing. Having to dumb down the schedule quite a bit to ensure at least a .500 year.
YA, Moe dumbing down from the 2nd toughest schedule in the nation in 16' to the about the 8th for 2017. Amazing?
Old 11-24-16, 01:40 PM
Junior Varsity

MoellerFan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Louisville Trinity will most likely win the state championship in KY and St. Ignatius has to be the favorite to win the state championship in Ohio! Then you add in the GCL schedule, St. Edwards, and the crosstown showdown, which usually is a tough game and you have another top 10 schedule nationally! No one with any football IQ would call that a "dumb down" schedule!!
Old 11-24-16, 05:04 PM
All Ohio

The Game
If that is the schedule, I don't see how that is any easier of a schedule. Trinity is a top level program and they are top 20 in the country in most rankings this year. Scott County is one of the top teams in KY. Winton Woods is always good....beat Elder this year. Depending on who they get in the showdown, that is just as tough as this year's schedule.
Old 11-25-16, 01:59 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
If that is the schedule, I don't see how that is any easier of a schedule. Trinity is a top level program and they are top 20 in the country in most rankings this year. Scott County is one of the top teams in KY. Winton Woods is always good....beat Elder this year. Depending on who they get in the showdown, that is just as tough as this year's schedule.
Hearing Moe will play the new combined West Clermont team formerly Glen Este and Amelia. Not sure if this is for the Showdown or just a scrimmage though
Old 11-28-16, 12:22 PM
Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
West Clermont has to be a scrimmage. I can't see them playing in the Showdown. Is the 2017 schedule out?
Old 11-30-16, 11:09 PM
Freshman

Kspade is on a distinguished road
Moeller 2017 Depth Chart

QB: McBride/McKenzie
HB: Thurman, Watkins, Baker
FB: Fillipowski
WR: Khayo(slot), Wills, Hayes, Thomas, Hendrix
TE: Bates, McCracken (flex)
OL: Carpenter, Dixon, Hall, Jordan, Marcus, Hawkins?
DL: Hawkins, Mullaney, Davidson, Ringel
LB: Szabados, Stahanzyck, Wyche
DB: Baenzinger, Jones, Dehyle, Thompson
K/P: Thibodeaux
RS: Khayo, Baenzinger
QB: I'm not sure yet who could be QB. Although McBride has gotten varsity experience, I think he has his ways to go before becoming an effective player that lives up to his potential. Also, it depends on how his basketball career pans out since he already has an offer. McKenzie is a very solid option at QB; the only thing that may go against him is athleticism.
HB: Thurman will the clear starter with Watkins Jr. providing good talent to back him up. I expect Thurman to once lead the GCL in rushing.
FB: Fillipowski will be the clear starter as he might play as tight end at times as well.
WR: There is a lot of talent here as Wills and Khayo return. McCracken may play WR, but he will most likely be use as a flex TE in the slot. Hayes should look good this year with juniors Thomas and Hendrix also in the mix.
TE: Knowing Rody's offense, he'll probably include Bates all the time and Bates should be a very good weapon.
OL: Losing four seniors on the line hurts. Carpenter will be at left tackle with Dixon at guard. Other tackle will probably be Marcus with Hall at center and Jordan at guard. I think Hawkins could maybe play OL as well similar to what Meiser did this year.
DL: Hawkins is primed for a big senior year with two experienced DE's in Mullaney and Davidson. I think Ringel could be at that other DT spot, but it's not sure yet.
LB: Szabados will play Mike with athletic guys in Stahanzyck and Wyche at outside. Should be decent.
DB: I think there has been a serious problem with the arrangements of talent in the secondary. I know Hughes moving to safety was for the best, but he simply didn't always have the speed to keep up with guys. If anyone remembers, Able was a WR in his first two years, but was moved to CB his junior year. I just think most of the speed goes to the WRs instead of it being spread out. Heck, they could move Baker (stud freshman RB with great speed) to CB. Moving him sophmore year is better than him starting there senior year with no experience. Jones, Dehyle, and Thompson should be alright though.
K/P: Capano was kicked out of Moeller, but luckily, Thibodeaux can most likely fill in the roles.
Old 12-01-16, 10:49 AM
All District

thsrocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian and Ricky View Post
I think Trinity might be week 10 replacing the Canada team from last year's schedule.
It is very doubtful Trinity game is week 10. Trinity opted not to play Moeller the past two years due to week 10 being Moeller's only opening. Trinity head coach prefers week 10 to be the open date. Trinity normally plays TN team in week 0 and gets a week off later in the season.
Old 12-02-16, 07:59 AM
Varsity

Real is on a distinguished road
Schedule is
Hamilton (Showdown)
Trinity
Scott County
Clarkson (Canada)
St Xavier
Lasalle
Elder
Iggy
Ed's
Winton Woods

In that order.
Old 12-03-16, 08:34 AM
All Ohio

The Game
That's a tough schedule. I wish they didn't play Canada again because it typically does nothing for them as far as points are concerned. I guess to try to make sure everyone gets healthy going into the GCL schedule. I am surprised the Crosstown Showdown is already set. In the past, I thought the organizers of the event wait a while before setting up the match-ups.
Old 12-05-16, 09:19 AM
Varsity

Captains were announced today...
We went with three instead of five.
David Filipowski
Aeneas Hawkins
Zach Carpenter

Thoughts?
Old 12-05-16, 12:00 PM
All Ohio

The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real View Post
David Filipowski
Aeneas Hawkins
Zach Carpenter

Thoughts?
That's impressive if Carpenter is a captain. I can't remember another underclassman being named captain.
Old 12-05-16, 02:20 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
That's impressive if Carpenter is a captain. I can't remember another underclassman being named captain.
Yeah... First time in a while... if ever. He'll do it again next year and be a captain two times. I do not think that has been done. Offers should start rolling in for him.
Old 12-05-16, 08:44 PM
Freshman

Kspade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real View Post
David Filipowski
Aeneas Hawkins
Zach Carpenter

Thoughts?
Definitely surprising that Carpenter was named captain. Not too surprised by Fillipowski and Hawkins though, both are extremely hard-working young men. Thought Thurman should have been captain.
Old 12-07-16, 05:17 AM
Junior Varsity

cincyfootball7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kspade View Post
Definitely surprising that Carpenter was named captain. Not too surprised by Fillipowski and Hawkins though, both are extremely hard-working young men. Thought Thurman should have been captain.
Love Carpenter but in my opinion it's disrespectful to the 'to-be' Senior class to name him a captain along with only naming 2 other Seniors as Captain. It's also disrespectful to the Moe football tradition of captains, as mentioned a Junior has never been named captain. Just hope the Seniors respond to this the right way but I question this move by the coaches. Almost as if they're scapegoating this to-be Senior class for their teams underachieving/underperforming the past 2 years.
Old 12-07-16, 09:32 AM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfootball7 View Post
Love Carpenter but in my opinion it's disrespectful to the 'to-be' Senior class to name him a captain along with only naming 2 other Seniors as Captain. It's also disrespectful to the Moe football tradition of captains, as mentioned a Junior has never been named captain. Just hope the Seniors respond to this the right way but I question this move by the coaches. Almost as if they're scapegoating this to-be Senior class for their teams underachieving/underperforming the past 2 years.
]

What is the purpose of naming team captains? Is it a ceremonial title to recognized guys based upon longevity or popularity? If that is the case then I agree with your comments.

If the purpose is to select captains who will motivate and keep in line the other players and it is based upon their leadership skills and work ethic, then I have no problem seeing a junior named as captain.
Old 12-07-16, 12:56 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
]

What is the purpose of naming team captains? Is it a ceremonial title to recognized guys based upon longevity or popularity? If that is the case then I agree with your comments.

If the purpose is to select captains who will motivate and keep in line the other players and it is based upon their leadership skills and work ethic, then I have no problem seeing a junior named as captain.
If they name Captains based on your definition.. Carpenter will be a terrific captain.
Old 12-09-16, 08:32 PM
Freshman

I like the captains they've named but personally I think there should be more than 3. IMO I think Davidson, Thurmen, or McCracken could've been captains too.