Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-25-16, 09:37 PM
Cooling Off

Senor is on a distinguished road
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...felony-charge/

Quote:
A Houston grand jury that was investigating accusations of criminal misconduct against Planned Parenthood on Monday instead indicted the leader of an anti-abortion group that recorded covert videos of the organization’s employees.
Old 01-25-16, 09:41 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Those standards are minimums. Any healthcare facility is free to do more. It's probably just the Obamacare facilities that will reduce all standards. That's just an efficient use of the subsidy that so many Obiecare subscribers get
Old 01-25-16, 09:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
Let them OD and die.
I hate it when they just partly OD, and then linger for years on life support in a vegetative state. If they are going to do something, they should care enough to do it right.
Old 01-28-16, 12:16 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
so apparently there is a movement out there that believes the world is flat. i thought this was settled a few centuries ago?
Old 01-28-16, 05:49 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor View Post
"The indictment did not reveal how the Center for Medical Process manipulated documents."

Good luck proving that one in court.
Old 01-28-16, 05:56 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Those standards are minimums. Any healthcare facility is free to do more. It's probably just the Obamacare facilities that will reduce all standards. That's just an efficient use of the subsidy that so many Obiecare subscribers get
Quote:
"We fully support best practices and high standards of care at Florida's hospitals
That state/federal government never determines how to effectively, efficiently, or safely deliver health care. As you stated, they simply state the minimum standards that a hospital must meet to provide certain services. No hospital in their right mind would take on services they were not equipped to provide. Those are multiple, expensive lawsuits waiting to happen.

For example, with insurance. Medicare only provides the minimum for what must be done for a service to be covered under their insurance plan. Private insurances are certainly welcome to go above and beyond that and apply different standards, they simply cannot require less.

If Florida hospitals have really developed models of success with cardiac birth defects, they are free to continue utilizing those methods. The absence of standards should not get rid of that. In fact it almost makes the standards redundant.
Old 01-29-16, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
"The indictment did not reveal how the Center for Medical Process manipulated documents."

Good luck proving that one in court.
Supposedly they used fake business cards to identify themselves as legitimate buyers of PP fetal pieces/parts.
Old 01-29-16, 12:13 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/com...voters/czfp01f

Quote:
Hillary Clinton:
Takes millions in speaking fees from Wall Street while pretending to speak for the little people 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Says she doesn't know what Bernie Sanders means by "the establishment", says she's not a part of it 1 2

Transmitted classified intelligence over unsecured channels... 1 2 3 4 5 6

... then joked during a press conference about wiping her server clean "with a cloth or something" 1

... and laughs off everything she doesn't want to talk about in general 1

... including when she was asked by a reporter whether she would release the transcript from her paid speeches at Goldman Sachs 1

Offered a Vermont newspapers off the record anti-Sanders tips 1 2

Lies about her opponent's health care program 1

Is said, by an ex Wall Street trader with 20 years of experience, to have turned the Democratic Party "from a party against Wall Street to a party of Wall Street" 1

Sends her daughter to lie about her opponent's health care program 1

... and to speak to NYC fundraisers hosted by Wall Street bankers, where attendees can "pay $2700 for a picture" with her 1

Has a son-in-law who is an ex Goldman Sachs investment banker and hedgefund co-founder 1

Voted for the invasion of Iraq 1

Voted for the PATRIOT Act 1

Voted for the 2006 reauthorization of the PATRIOT Act 1

Questions her older opponent's health while she was hospitalized for a concussion and a blood clot 3 years ago 1

Voted for the 2001 Bankruptcy Legislation which would have made it harder for struggling Americans to declare bankruptcy, after expressing her opposition to the bill when she was First Lady 1

Believed that marriage was defined as between a man and woman and
reversed her position only in 2013 when it became politically convenient 1

Received millions in shady donations for her foundation while she was Secretary of State... 1

... the same foundation whose donors got weapons deals when she was Secretary of State 1

Makes her fans wait hours for a five-minute speech... 1

... while she gives closed doors fundraisers for rich donors 1 2 3

Is the first presidential candidate in History to be under investigation by the FBI during a campaign 1 2

Has received close to $100,000 in donations from the defense industry, more than any other candidate 1

Led a legislative campaign against video games in 2005, by pushing for the Family Entertainment Protection Act, which would have criminalized the sale of games rated "Mature" or "Adults Only" to minors, arguing that "violent video games are stealing the innocence of our children" 1 2 3 4

Doesn't support clemency for Edward Snowden 1

Wants a "Manhattan Project" to break encryption and force tech companies to plant backdoors in their products 1 2 3 4 5 6

Praised the repeal of Glass-Steagall 1

Supports the TPP 1 2

Opposes a carbon tax 1

Took donations from federally registered lobbyists or PACs for private prison companies until October 2015 1

Opposes decriminalizing marijuana, and, despite naming the pharmaceutical industry as one of her greatest "enemies", has received more money from drug companies than any other candidate this cycle 1 2 3 4 5

Now tell me that this person is the "strongest" candidate for president.
Yikes. Links confirming each statement can be found in the link I posted up top.
Old 01-29-16, 12:26 PM
All Yappi

75 Percent of Americans Think U.S. Government Is ‘Corrupt’

Quote:
Jim Clifton, Chairman and CEO Gallup, noted this on Wednesday:

The last presidential election had an estimated 5 million fewer voters than turned out in 2008, and the 2014 midterm elections saw the lowest turnout in 72 years (36.3%). At alarming levels, citizens — when invited to participate directly in their own democracy — are taking a pass and staying home. Or taking their frustrations to the streets.

The perception that there’s widespread corruption in the national government could be a symptom of citizen disengagement and anger. Or it could be a cause — we don’t know. But it’s very possible this is a big, dark cloud that hangs over this country’s progress. And it might be fueling the rise of an unlikely, non-traditional leading Republican candidate for the presidency, Donald Trump.
Old 01-29-16, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

“Black Americans for a Better Future” Super PAC 100% Funded by Rich White Guys

How is this even allowed?
Old 01-29-16, 12:42 PM
All Yappi

Sorry, sort of going on a rampage today.

Russia Adds Hillary Clinton to Terror Sponsor Watchlist

Quote:
The reason Clinton was added to this list is because they discovered that one of her top contributors who donates big money to her presidential campaign is actually someone who is an agent for Pakistan’s Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). This agent is suspected of funneling over a hundred million dollars into Middle Eastern terrorist groups backed by Islamic Sunnis.
Old 01-29-16, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

dado6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sorry, sort of going on a rampage today.

Russia Adds Hillary Clinton to Terror Sponsor Watchlist
You are probably preaching to the choir. According to posts I've been reading, there are no liberals on the Debate Forum.
Old 01-30-16, 01:30 AM
All Yappi

Removing a Congressional ban on needle exchange in D.C. prevented 120 cases of HIV and saved $44 million over 2 years

Win-win.
Old 02-03-16, 06:20 PM
All Yappi

Report: Colorado pot sales top $1B in 2015

If only other states were as smart.
Old 02-03-16, 07:55 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Report: Colorado pot sales top $1B in 2015

If only other states were as smart.
It's clear you haven't seen this documentary yet. Shame on you.
Old 02-04-16, 07:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
That is pretty funny. It's comical that these "conservatives" will pull this crap in their version of free speech. I guess it's their method to buy the representation of a black guy that can try to sway other black guys their way. That same $417,250 would represent the voices of a thousand teachers if it had come from a teachers' union and gone to a Democrat, and yet these same "conservatives" would probably complain about it

I find this interesting, in reference to The Intercept: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/bu...uotations.html
Old 02-04-16, 07:57 AM
All Yappi

And there's no doubt that kind of corruption happens on the other side of the aisle as well. It's just pathetic. I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind can support this system.

Quote:
I find this interesting, in reference to The Intercept: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/bu...uotations.html
I'll refer back to my post from a couple of days ago.

Quote:
We consume ourselves with this world(politics) where no one truly gives a sh-t about us, and where the people in charge only care about two things: power, and money. We define ourselves and judge others by which world we/they choose to live in. For what? Some sort of personal victory? So we can rub it in other peoples' faces and say "Ha! My guy beat your guy!"? An odd world we live in.
Amazing the levels we'll stoop to in the name of politics.
Old 02-04-16, 08:12 AM
All Yappi

Our last attempt at campaign finance reform made things worse, and created this joke we have now. It was like having pimps write prostitution law.
Old 02-04-16, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Our last attempt at campaign finance reform made things worse, and created this joke we have now. It was like having pimps write prostitution law.
Every time the federal government tries to control the citizenry, parts of the citizenry proves they are smarter than the idiots in Washington.
Old 02-04-16, 11:53 AM
All Yappi

Prominent Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Emotional Unhappiness … Purely Psychological’

Quote:
Dr. Berger told the committee, “From a scientific perspective, let me clarify what ‘transgendered’ actually means. I am speaking now about the scientific perspective – and not any political lobbying position that may be proposed by any group, medical or non-medical.”

“‘Transgendered’ are people who claim that they really are or wish to be people of the sex opposite to which they were born, or to which their chromosomal configuration attests,” he stated. “Sometimes, some of these people have claimed that they are ‘a woman trapped in a man’s body’ or alternatively ‘a man trapped in a woman’s body.’”

“Scientifically, there is no such thing,” he said.

“The medical treatment of delusions, psychosis or emotional happiness is not by surgery,” continued the doctor.
Well put. Dude's got some balls. Can't imagine the backlash if this gets widespread.
Old 02-04-16, 11:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Prominent Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Emotional Unhappiness … Purely Psychological’

Well put. Dude's got some balls. Can't imagine the backlash if this gets widespread.
That^ definitely would seem to be the case with the poor Jenner creature, whatever it wants to be this week......
Old 02-04-16, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

So now Columbus, a city built in large part by sucking money off of the rest of the state, is asking for a $5 million gift from Ohio to build a training camp facility for the Browns.

FU, C-bus. You've skimmed enough.
Old 02-04-16, 12:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Every time the federal government tries to control the citizenry, parts of the citizenry proves they are smarter than the idiots in Washington.
I think that you underestimate Washington and the strengths of the relationships with select portions of the citizenry, in a statement like that. I do hear what you are saying, though. I'm not saying that all that voted in favor understood the repercussions of what they voted for, but they sure looked like they were trying to do something of value.

Old 02-04-16, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Here another one I came across last year:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mich...der-sex-change
Quote:
Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.
Old 02-04-16, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So now Columbus, a city built in large part by sucking money off of the rest of the state, is asking for a $5 million gift from Ohio to build a training camp facility for the Browns.

They already have a facility.

Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
770 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43222
Old 02-04-16, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Here another one I came across last year:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mich...der-sex-change
n the lighter side of this discussion, I saw a bumper sticker the other day.

Quote:
If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and say he is a woman
I will keep my guns and say I'm disarmed
Old 02-04-16, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think that you underestimate Washington and the strengths of the relationships with select portions of the citizenry, in a statement like that. I do hear what you are saying, though. I'm not saying that all that voted in favor understood the repercussions of what they voted for, but they sure looked like they were trying to do something of value.
Great movie! But what I am talking about is the fact that every-time the government tries one of these populist/social experiments (reigning in executive pay, leveling outcomes, limiting donations, taking even more from the people already paying the most in taxes/fees/etc. and redistributing their money, reigning in Wall Street,......) what we find is that the people don't cooperate, they look for other ways.

When they decided to limit the amount of money that ANY citizen could donate to a candidate, it gave rise to PACs. When they decided to regressively tax salaries, it gave rise to more grants of options. When New York, Illinois, and California raised income tax rates on millionaires, they left those states because they could afford to and when they needed more income the states and cities actually received less than the year before. In the end, money didn't make a difference in the 2008 OR 2012 or 2014 election cycles. Some of the best-backed candidates lost in those years - the difference wasn't really money it was more about whether you were an incumbent and the anger-level of your constituents.

When I look at where we are today, Trump seems to have the inside edge for the GOP and he's spent virtually nothing. No PAC, etc. Bush, with almost limitless funds is almost a nn-starter - we'll know more next week. Sanders, is raising substantial money $30 at a time and no PAC. and in competitive situations is opposing Clinton (who has large backers, the liberal media, and PACs) to a standstill at this point. Has technology and Social Media reached a point that it nullifies some of the problems that some people think need addressing?
Old 02-04-16, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Great movie! But what I am talking about is the fact that every-time the government tries one of these populist/social experiments (reigning in executive pay, leveling outcomes, limiting donations, taking even more from the people already paying the most in taxes/fees/etc. and redistributing their money, reigning in Wall Street,......) what we find is that the people don't cooperate, they look for other ways.

When they decided to limit the amount of money that ANY citizen could donate to a candidate, it gave rise to PACs. When they decided to regressively tax salaries, it gave rise to more grants of options. When New York, Illinois, and California raised income tax rates on millionaires, they left those states because they could afford to and when they needed more income the states and cities actually received less than the year before. In the end, money didn't make a difference in the 2008 OR 2012 or 2014 election cycles. Some of the best-backed candidates lost in those years - the difference wasn't really money it was more about whether you were an incumbent and the anger-level of your constituents.

When I look at where we are today, Trump seems to have the inside edge for the GOP and he's spent virtually nothing. No PAC, etc. Bush, with almost limitless funds is almost a non-starter - we'll know more next week. Sanders, is raising substantial money $30 at a time and no PAC. and in competitive situations is opposing Clinton (who has large backers, the liberal media, and PACs) to a standstill at this point. Has technology and Social Media reached a point that it nullifies some of the problems that some people think need addressing?
uhhhh......did you actually read the post that you quoted ? I essentially just said what you appear to be rebutting in your first two paragraphs, but are actually merely detailing. The problem I have with that is that in doing so, you disregard the most important part: the parallel to "pimps writing prostitution legislation" in campaign finance 'reform'.

You honestly can't tell me that you believe that legislators didn't anticipate the increasing popularity of PACs and the resulting shift of power to Parties themselves, or immediately realize that payment in options would be even worse after the first year of executive compensation limits. That's ridiculous. What happened on those counts is no different than the Romney/Massachusetts model that Obama followed in allowing the insurance industry to write healthcare legislation. This occurred the minute that we stepped away from the notion of a single-payer system. When it was clear that the Dems had to get the cooperation of the GOP to get things going, they were shown the potential for campaign fund profit in the Romney/Massachusetts model, and abandoned the interests of the people. As funny as it was to hear Pelosi say, "We have to pass it, and then we'll see what's in it.", it was not unique to either the politician or the party. That mess happens way too often.

Similarly, the problem wasn't the populist notion of campaign finance reform; the problem was having pseudo-populist legislation written by staffers directed by lobbyists. The problem wasn't executive compensation limits, the problem was a fake effort written by whores. Both of these efforts need to be made GENUINELY on a national level by true believers, or they won't work. Wealthy people aren't going to abandon residence in our nation as easily as they moved from state to state, especially if we handle immigration and security issues properly here.

As far as Trump goes, he's been campaigning for high office in the Cult of Personality Club for decades. Only an idiot would sincerely believe that his candidacy is indicative of the need to spend little on a campaign, and idiot does not describe you.

Your post is little more than a giant deflection as far as I'm concerned. That sucks.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 02-04-16 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-04-16, 04:57 PM
Proud Soldier's Dad

MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.
What gets me is that you shouldn't have to be a doctor to come to this fundamental conclusion; the answer lies within us intuitively. It takes an incredible amount of mental gymnastics and social propaganda to conclude otherwise IMO.
Old 02-04-16, 05:00 PM
Proud Soldier's Dad

MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I just heard this today as well on talk radio. Needless to say, it's not going over well with NE Ohio folk.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: