Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #91  
Old 11-18-15, 12:47 PM
dado6 dado6 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-15-07
Posts: 10,501
dado6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I said they do stop some but obviously aren't capable of stopping all of them.

We haven't had any from groups like Al Qaeda or ISIS. The Boston thing was a few acting on their own, IIRC.
your exact quote was
Quote:
the fact we haven't been hit in 14 years
Who do you think radicalized and trained the Boston bombers, the Ft. Hood attacker, etc.

Read the wiki article...they were all radicalized.......that term denotes outside influence.

Your powers of comprehension are stunning
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-18-15, 12:53 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Location: Ezekiel 23:20
Posts: 5,518
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I said they do stop some but obviously aren't capable of stopping all of them.
This isn't what you said at first.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-18-15, 01:13 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 32,868
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
your exact quote was

Who do you think radicalized and trained the Boston bombers, the Ft. Hood attacker, etc.

Read the wiki article...they were all radicalized.......that term denotes outside influence.

Your powers of comprehension are stunning
They say explicitly that they acted on their own
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-18-15, 01:17 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 32,868
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Lol nice back-track. If you would just think before you posted at times you'd be way better off.
Not a back track. What I meant by we have no ability to stop them from attacking was there's no way to account for every possible way they could attack. It's impossible. And I find it hard to believe that these people don't know that or wouldn't use that to their advantage. In essence, we haven't been attacked because terrorists groups aren't targeting us seriously and we would have no way to do so if they ever actually did.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-18-15, 01:19 PM
dado6 dado6 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-15-07
Posts: 10,501
dado6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
They say explicitly that they acted on their own
You are like a freeking Weeble. You don't even realize when you get knocked down.


I remember when we had intelligent people to debate with.

I miss Rufus Morgan.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-18-15, 01:25 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 32,868
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
You are like a freeking Weeble. You don't even realize when you get knocked down.


I remember when we had intelligent people to debate with.

I miss Rufus Morgan.
Mad 'cause you're wrong
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-18-15, 01:26 PM
the_big_toe the_big_toe is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-02-05
Location: California
Posts: 12,703
the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
You are like a freeking Weeble. You don't even realize when you get knocked down.


I remember when we had intelligent people to debate with.

I miss Rufus Morgan.
Wow. Just wow.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-18-15, 01:39 PM
dado6 dado6 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-15-07
Posts: 10,501
dado6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Mad 'cause you're wrong
I haven't been wrong yet where you are concerned.

It doesn't trouble me that you have wrong ideas, I can write that off to youth and inexperience. What troubles me is that you can't even absorb it when you are proven wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-18-15, 04:06 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,532
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Yes. A weeble. Best one-word description of 'saders.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-18-15, 08:36 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 16,197
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Yes. A weeble. Best one-word description of 'saders.
Now you've marginalized a whole race. Somewhere there is now a pizzed off weeble plotting his revenge......
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 11-19-15, 07:00 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Location: Ezekiel 23:20
Posts: 5,518
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
For those interested, Ben Shapiro is about to wreck these Mizzou students.

Watch: Live Stream of Breitbart’s Ben Shapiro ‘Truth Is a Microaggression’ Lecture at the University of Missouri
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 11-19-15, 07:51 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 32,868
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Can't watch atm. How's it going?
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 11-19-15, 07:56 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Location: Ezekiel 23:20
Posts: 5,518
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
He's really going at 'em hard. The audience is like 99% white though, which is unfortunate. Was really hoping to see some fireworks.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 11-20-15, 10:45 AM
MOUNT-UNION82's Avatar
MOUNT-UNION82 MOUNT-UNION82 is offline
Proud Soldier's Dad
 
Join Date: 10-31-04
Posts: 24,665
MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Thanks Ronnie, it was so good I even grabbed my wife to listen.

Shapiro has accurately articulated what most reasonable people already knew but didn't know exactly how to say it.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 11-23-15, 10:25 AM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,285
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
That was so awesome
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 11-24-15, 10:59 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 20,217
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Crusaders the occurrence of "adaptations" in human populations has in fact led to differences between groups with respect to the human genome. However uncomfortable it makes people feel there is substantial evidence that natural selection has led to regional differences in the human genome. Net, there is a biological reality to racial differences.

While its true that all humans have the same set of genes, slight and subtle genetic differences from one race to another are expressed in the various forms of a gene (alleles) which are impacted by selection pressures (I'm probably fumbling the explanation here but this is what I understand the research in this area to be saying). It's important to note that this type of research rejects the notion of racial "superiority" in all it's ugly forms but does indicate that genetic differences between races are real and in such areas as health care, important.

Oh and I apologize if my post is viewed as a "micro aggression" that has assaulted the "safe zone" of the more fragile readers of Yappi.
A new peer reviewed publication indicates how cultural (farming) differences can lead to genetic modifications based on selection pressures.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ok-up-farming/

The human genome is not unchangeable but constantly evolving.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 11-24-15, 11:35 AM
Uncle Ted Uncle Ted is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-25-14
Location: Cooling Off
Posts: 8,317
Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Turkey shoots down a Russian plane. If Russia targets Turkey we are supposed to help Turkey under NATO. This falls squarely on the Obama administrations shoulders. His do nothing attitude may cause severe consequences.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 11-24-15, 11:53 AM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 16,197
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
Turkey shoots down a Russian plane. If Russia targets Turkey we are supposed to help Turkey under NATO. This falls squarely on the Obama administrations shoulders. His do nothing attitude may cause severe consequences.
With all of the activity in the region and the shootdown of the Soviet fighter, I'm thinking back to an elementary school reading of Alas, Babylon.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 11-28-15, 01:48 PM
Uncle Ted Uncle Ted is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-25-14
Location: Cooling Off
Posts: 8,317
Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Found a conversation between a guy like crusaders and an Isis member. Obviously fake, but nails it.

It’s like a bad Monty Python sketch:

Isis “We did this because our holy texts exhort us to to do it.”

Crusaders “No you didn’t.”

“Wait, what? Yes we did…”

“No, this has nothing to do with religion. You guys are just using religion as a front for social and geopolitical reasons.”

“WHAT!? Did you even read our official statement? We give explicit Quranic justification. This is jihad, a holy crusade against pagans, blasphemers, and disbelievers.”

“No, this is definitely not a Muslim thing. You guys are not true Muslims, and you defame a great religion by saying so.”

“Huh!? Who are you to tell us we’re not true Muslims!? Islam is literally at the core of everything we do, and we have implemented the truest most literal and honest interpretation of its founding texts. It is our very reason for being.”

“Nope. We created you. We installed a social and economic system that alienates and disenfranchises you, and that’s why you did this. We’re sorry.”

“What? Why are you apologizing? We just slaughtered you mercilessly in the streets. We targeted unwitting civilians – disenfranchisement doesn’t even enter into it!”

“Listen, it’s our fault. We don’t blame you for feeling unwelcome and lashing out.”

“Seriously, stop taking credit for this! We worked really hard to pull this off, and we’re not going to let you take it away from us.”

“No, we nourished your extremism. We accept full blame.”

“OMG, how many people do we have to kill around here to finally get our message across?”
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 11-28-15, 03:06 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 16,135
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
Turkey shoots down a Russian plane. If Russia targets Turkey we are supposed to help Turkey under NATO. This falls squarely on the Obama administrations shoulders. His do nothing attitude may cause severe consequences.
If Russia targets Turkey than that's on Russia, not our administration. Yes, he could pull a Bush and lead Russia by silence that we're accepting of their retaliation but that's not been done.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 11-28-15, 03:08 PM
Uncle Ted Uncle Ted is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-25-14
Location: Cooling Off
Posts: 8,317
Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
If Russia targets Turkey than that's on Russia, not our administration. Yes, he could pull a Bush and lead Russia by silence that we're accepting of their retaliation but that's not been done.
Are you suggesting we should ignore the NATO agreement?
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 11-28-15, 03:25 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,532
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Nice quote Ted. I love it
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 11-28-15, 05:23 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 4,881
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
With all of the activity in the region and the shootdown of the Soviet fighter, I'm thinking back to an elementary school reading of Alas, Babylon.
Great book
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-14-16, 03:48 AM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Location: Ezekiel 23:20
Posts: 5,518
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Absolutely despicable, if true.

Heart doctors outraged Florida dumps hospital standards after big gifts to GOP
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 01-24-16, 06:51 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Location: Ezekiel 23:20
Posts: 5,518
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Finally someone who gets it:

Massachusetts Chief’s Tack in Drug War: Steer Addicts to Rehab, Not Jail

Only a matter of time until more and more people start to catch on.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-25-16, 01:58 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 16,197
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Finally someone who gets it:

Massachusetts Chief’s Tack in Drug War: Steer Addicts to Rehab, Not Jail

Only a matter of time until more and more people start to catch on.
They got themselves addicted, why should others pay to "cure" them? It's only jail time if they break the law - criminals should face jail time, or fines, or some other punishment, let them pay for their own rehab out of the money they'd have spent on drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-25-16, 02:01 PM
Uncle Ted Uncle Ted is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-25-14
Location: Cooling Off
Posts: 8,317
Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Let them OD and die.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-25-16, 02:12 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Location: Ezekiel 23:20
Posts: 5,518
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
They got themselves addicted, why should others pay to "cure" them? It's only jail time if they break the law - criminals should face jail time, or fines, or some other punishment, let them pay for their own rehab out of the money they'd have spent on drugs.
Instead of continually wasting money on the War on Drugs, which has never and will never work, use that money to help people. This, along with the decriminalization(and eventually complete legalization) of all drugs is a much more efficient approach, IMO.

The question is are we really naive to believe that we can create a "drug free" country? Obviously it will never be anything but a utopian fantasy. With that said, who would we rather have in charge of these substances? Gangs, cartels, and criminals, or should we let the market take control where regulations can be implemented, much like alcohol and tobacco?
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-25-16, 07:33 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 16,197
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Instead of continually wasting money on the War on Drugs, which has never and will never work, use that money to help people. This, along with the decriminalization(and eventually complete legalization) of all drugs is a much more efficient approach, IMO.

The question is are we really naive to believe that we can create a "drug free" country? Obviously it will never be anything but a utopian fantasy. With that said, who would we rather have in charge of these substances? Gangs, cartels, and criminals, or should we let the market take control where regulations can be implemented, much like alcohol and tobacco?
I love the argument about the alcohol and tobacco because the comparison to narcotics is so mis-used. We spend billions on anti-alcohol and anti-smoking programs - why add another problem to the mix that we eventually try to get rid of?

I've always been a fan of interdiction (gives our military some live-fire exercises). I've also said, if we are finding illegal drugs, lace them with poison and let them in, the war on drugs hasn't worked because we haven't really fought a war and there's really been no real deterrent. Let the addicts and the criminals take care of themselves. Either the costs of delivery will rise because the drug cartels will have to do a better job with protecting the merchandise or it will be such a risk that some people might never start.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 01-25-16, 08:37 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Location: Ezekiel 23:20
Posts: 5,518
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
I love the argument about the alcohol and tobacco because the comparison to narcotics is so mis-used. We spend billions on anti-alcohol and anti-smoking programs - why add another problem to the mix that we eventually try to get rid of?

I've always been a fan of interdiction (gives our military some live-fire exercises). I've also said, if we are finding illegal drugs, lace them with poison and let them in, the war on drugs hasn't worked because we haven't really fought a war and there's really been no real deterrent. Let the addicts and the criminals take care of themselves. Either the costs of delivery will rise because the drug cartels will have to do a better job with protecting the merchandise or it will be such a risk that some people might never start.
Thankfully there is a shift in thinking taking place in this country when it comes to drugs. This view of yours will soon be archaic amongst the people.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz