Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > St Xavier Bombers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-07-17, 01:20 PM
All World

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinOhio10 View Post
The reason I commented on your post was to clarify your statement that LS has only 4 returning starters next year. That was incorrect. I did not comment on the quality of the returners, just naming who the players are that are returning.

However, since you brought it up, I will offer my comments. Griffin Merritt is the top returning QB in the GCL. Josh Whylie is being recruited Div 1 and is a 6'7" 205/210 lb TE with WR speed. Cam Porter, as a freshman this year, started at RB alongside Christian Turner. Uran, Bledsoe and Ingle, all sophomores LB's this year, also started as freshmen. One reason you did not see "these type of players" in the JV or freshmen games is that these players have been up on varsity.

Do I think LS will be as good as past years, I don't know, but I am optimistic. I do like how you throw around the word "scholarship player" when talking about a few of the past athletes at LS. That's kind of ironic as St X offers more financial aid to their students than any other GCL school.
Ok, for accuracy LaSalle returns 10 players who have varsity experience.

I'll take Chase Wolf over Merritt.
With Whyle the only returning receiver, an inexperienced OLine and without a Larkin, Jarrell-White, Turner or Smith to carry the ball the offense likely wont stack up to those of the past 3 years

Maybe Porter, who appears to be the last of the scholarship players, will develop.
StX financial aid doesn't target this population group.

Do you think the dismissal of principal Luebbe and the rumor of financial distress is related to the sharp decrease in scholarship players?
Old 01-07-17, 01:41 PM
Freshman

Real is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

With Whyle the only returning receiver, an inexperienced OLine and without a Larkin, Jarrell-White, Turner or Smith to carry the ball the offense likely wont stack up to those of the past 3 years

Maybe Porter, who appears to be the last of the scholarship players, will develop.

Do you think the dismissal of principal Luebbe and the rumor of financial distress is related to the sharp decrease in scholarship players?

If Mcbride at Moeller continues to develop, then their will be a pretty substantial amount of QB talent throughout the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-17, 10:10 AM
Freshman

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

Why do you assume that Porter is a scholarship player, his dad is the freshman football coach
Old 01-09-17, 07:51 PM
All World

How long has he been on staff?
Old 01-10-17, 08:23 AM
Freshman

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
He was at Walnut prior to moving to la salle, he has been at la salle for either 2 or 3 years
Old 01-10-17, 01:21 PM
All World

Hmmmmmmm.......