Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-26-18, 10:50 PM
All District

Bluehawg is on a distinguished road
Div V Region 20

Predictions? Rematch between Wheelersburg and Portsmouth W. Can West makethe right adjustments or is it going to be worse?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-18, 11:08 PM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
Best two teams in the state are in this region and they seem to be on a collision course in the regional final. Madison destroyed Waynesville and no game was within two TDs all season. The Burg is the defending champ and dominated all except Hartley.

Greeneview should take care of Madeira. The Mustangs have never won a playoff game and this team doesn’t have the talent to change that pattern.

WJ and CHCA have met 3 times in the playoffs with WJ winning twice. CHCA won last time but this is probably the worst Eagles team since they got killed by Batavia in the first round of the playoffs. This will be the best game of week 11 with the winner trying to get revenge on Madison for knocking them out last year.
Old 10-27-18, 10:25 AM
All Region

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
Don’t sleep on Portsmouth. They have a back who has went well over 2,000 yards this season. Even had a game with like 344 yards. Kid is an exceptional athlete. He will be a threat from anywhere on the field.

West has no adjustments to make week 11. Just try to keep it respectable. Burg won’t show anything. They tried that last night for the 1st quarter, only running the ball. The second quarter they put 3 in the end zone and called off the dogs. Look for much of the same this week. They will get up early and turn it in.

WJ and CHCA will be the more competitive game in this region this week. I’m going 50/50 on this outcome. I won’t be surprised either way.

As far as Burg V Madison, it looks like that’s what we’ll get. But after that I think Anna will have something to say about the best team in the state.

This year regions look different, but I don’t think it really changes too much. The best part is the winner of R20 will play the winner of R19. Most likely Johnstown-Monroe. And it will be a cake walk.
Old 10-27-18, 10:31 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Well P(irate) if Anna wins 18 and lets say Madison wins 20, I can see them rebracketing. The Burg winning will have them walking all over region 19.
Old 10-27-18, 10:48 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Best two teams in the state are in this region and they seem to be on a collision course in the regional final. Madison destroyed Waynesville and no game was within two TDs all season. The Burg is the defending champ and dominated all except Hartley.

Greeneview should take care of Madeira. The Mustangs have never won a playoff game and this team doesnít have the talent to change that pattern.

WJ and CHCA have met 3 times in the playoffs with WJ winning twice. CHCA won last time but this is probably the worst Eagles team since they got killed by Batavia in the first round of the playoffs. This will be the best game of week 11 with the winner trying to get revenge on Madison for knocking them out last year.
What was the Valley View - Madison score ?
Old 10-27-18, 12:24 PM
Varsity

ohiograppler1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
What was the Valley View - Madison score ?
It was 24-16. Score made it look like more of a game than it actually was though.
Old 10-27-18, 12:39 PM
All American

I know CHCA and WJ aren’t as good as last year. Madison seems to be better. The Burg graduated 9 of 11 offensive starters but seems to be just as good as last year. Saylers and recent Wright St b-ball commit Holden are back and as formidable as ever. Pirate do you think they’re better than last year’s championship team?

I know Madison thought they were the better team last year but a muffed punt snap and 3 ints swung the game to the burg.
Old 10-27-18, 05:01 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Well P(irate) if Anna wins 18 and lets say Madison wins 20, I can see them rebracketing. The Burg winning will have them walking all over region 19.
I can see that happening. I didnít think about Madison winning. 😂. Sorry.
Old 10-27-18, 05:05 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
I can see that happening. I didnít think about Madison winning. 😂. Sorry.
There's definitely no guarantee that they will! Lets see if they get to the rematch with the Burg first.
Old 10-27-18, 05:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I know CHCA and WJ arenít as good as last year. Madison seems to be better. The Burg graduated 9 of 11 offensive starters but seems to be just as good as last year. Saylers and recent Wright St b-ball commit Holden are back and as formidable as ever. Pirate do you think theyíre better than last yearís championship team?

I know Madison thought they were the better team last year but a muffed punt snap and 3 ints swung the game to the burg.
Ugh. I think they are better in some areas and not quite up to snuff in others. That being linebacker play. They have come along well throughout the season and have gotten better. DL is outstanding again. Better at DE than last year. Secondary is better than last year.

OL is good. But they get flagged a lot for holding. Itís rather ridiculous at this point in the season. Skill positions they are definitely better than last year. With Matthews, Holden and Salyers they are a very potent offense. Not to forget about the 2-3 guys who tote the rock out of the back field.

We may see Madison get revenge. Or we may not. This will be another classic. No doubt. If it happens.

Madison can feel they were the better team. Thatís fine. But as you stated, mistakes in the game cost them. That doesnít make them the better team.
Old 10-27-18, 05:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
There's definitely no guarantee that they will! Lets see if they get to the rematch with the Burg first.
Thereís no guarantee that we will either. But Madison definitely had the tougher road.
Old 10-27-18, 06:26 PM
All Region

Refrigerator is on a distinguished road
I know nothing about West Jefferson but they should be able to take care of this CHCA team pretty handily.
Old 10-27-18, 07:36 PM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Its shaping up to be a clash of last yrs barn burner final 4 showdown. Burg showed great toughness and out played the hawks in the 2nd half. The hawks are a better team this yr and last yrs experience should give them a ton of confidence going into this titanic battle. Make no mistake about it the state champion will once again be the winner of this game imo. Cant wait, and you better get their early because both communities are fantastic and support there kids.

I got the hawks 20-17 in another classic!!
Old 10-27-18, 07:49 PM
All Ohio

Duluoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by borntopin View Post
Its shaping up to be a clash of last yrs barn burner final 4 showdown. Burg showed great toughness and out played the hawks in the 2nd half. The hawks are a better team this yr and last yrs experience should give them a ton of confidence going into this titanic battle. Make no mistake about it the state champion will once again be the winner of this game imo. Cant wait, and you better get their early because both communities are fantastic and support there kids.

I got the hawks 20-17 in another classic!!
Let's worry about Portsmouth first!
Old 10-27-18, 08:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluoz View Post
Let's worry about Portsmouth first!
I agree. One game at a time. Portsmouth lives and dies by Talyn Parker. He is probably one of the best backs Iíve seen in my lifetime at the high school level.

If he can be contained for all 4 quarters(it can be done) Madison wins. Thatís all there is to it. Canít let him get outside and they have to get him down quick.

Friday night he went for 298 and 5 tds in a 35-28 victory. He has around 2300 yards on the year and I canít tell you how many tds. Special athlete.
Old 10-27-18, 11:16 PM
All District

wresfan is on a distinguished road
Gview is gonna make some noise
Old 10-29-18, 08:27 AM
All Region

Greenview May win first round. But the road ends there.
Old 10-29-18, 08:38 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
I agree. One game at a time. Portsmouth lives and dies by Talyn Parker. He is probably one of the best backs Iíve seen in my lifetime at the high school level.

If he can be contained for all 4 quarters(it can be done) Madison wins. Thatís all there is to it. Canít let him get outside and they have to get him down quick.

Friday night he went for 298 and 5 tds in a 35-28 victory. He has around 2300 yards on the year and I canít tell you how many tds. Special athlete.
I don't know anything about Portsmouth, but if they are one-dimensional (Parker) they are in trouble. Madison's D-Line is that good. They need double teamed. If the 'backers don't have to worry about pass, I don't see them giving up enough yardage to matter.
Old 10-29-18, 09:00 AM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
I think the Madison-Burg game will come down to whether Madison can throw the ball at all. At last years game, Madison couldn't move the ball and not being able to throw hurt them big time. I haven't seen Madison play this year, so have they implemented any passing game?
Old 10-29-18, 10:03 AM
Junior Varsity

SWPicker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
I think the Madison-Burg game will come down to whether Madison can throw the ball at all. At last years game, Madison couldn't move the ball and not being able to throw hurt them big time. I haven't seen Madison play this year, so have they implemented any passing game?
They have been throwing the ball a lot more this year especially the second half of this season, but their run game is still what drives them on offense. Expect the run 90% of the time this post season for the Mohawks but league offensive MVP Whiteman can still sling it.
Old 10-29-18, 11:43 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
I don't know anything about Portsmouth, but if they are one-dimensional (Parker) they are in trouble. Madison's D-Line is that good. They need double teamed. If the 'backers don't have to worry about pass, I don't see them giving up enough yardage to matter.
That bodes well for Madison then. The Trojan line is pretty good. They have yet to see the caliber DL that Madison is going to field. So thereís that too. lol
Old 10-29-18, 11:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPicker View Post
They have been throwing the ball a lot more this year especially the second half of this season, but their run game is still what drives them on offense. Expect the run 90% of the time this post season for the Mohawks but league offensive MVP Whiteman can still sling it.
I think the key will be to throw it during unexpected times and not just on 3rd and long. If they can sprinkle in some play action early in the game, it can make the defense think about it all game long.

Poff is who he is. He says he doesn't have any trick plays and he's just going to run his stuff. He also says he was the reason they lost last year. I think he will be prepared for this game, if it happens.
Old 10-29-18, 12:14 PM
All American

Wheelersburg 38
West 7

Madison 40
Portsmouth 13

West Jeff 20
CHCA 28

Madeira 14
Greeneview 28

Wheelersburg 34
Greeneview 7

Madison 40
CHCA 21

Wheelersburg 20
Madison 24
Old 10-29-18, 03:41 PM
All Region

FreeFromGreen is on a distinguished road
I love playoff football. This is my favorite week to be on Yappi

This is a great region - getting Wheelersburg in here makes it really interesting.

Self admittedly I do not know much about the Portsmouth teams...but I have a hard time believing anyone in this region beats Burg or Madison. I think Pirates and Mohawks win big.

CHCA and West Jeff is the best round 1 matchup. Will the natural grass slow down CHCA's speed? Can the Eagles stop the 'Riders ground game? Turnovers and momentum swings will determine this one. I'm a homer, but I think CHCA wins by less than 7

Greeneview and Madeira is a great matchup too. The Rams have been a post-season regular for a while...and this team is pretty physical. Madeira is ok, but they got pasted 70-0 by Wyoming...and I know the Cowboys are good...but that's not a good look. I have Greeneview by 10

can't wait for Saturday!
Old 10-29-18, 03:51 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPicker View Post
Uh I have not seen the top D5 teams in this region, but it is hard to believe any D5 team in the state could match the o-line and d-line of Madison.
Old 10-29-18, 07:54 PM
All Region

Here’s something to look at.
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...nd-jack-miller
Old 10-30-18, 07:44 AM
All Region

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7758388...24e0160cd03fa5
Talyn Parker’s Junior highlights. No wonder OSU is looking at him.
Old 10-30-18, 08:41 AM
Freshman

spider2Ybanana is on a distinguished road
There is no doubt in my mind that Wheelersburg and Madison match up in the regional final this year in another great matchup. Some of my take aways from this year on Wheelersburg...I think they are better in many ways than last years team. That being the skill positions on both sides of the ball, and honestly I think the Offensive line may be a little better. Although they have been penalty stricken all year, they are a little bigger and longer than they were last year (which may potentially help in pass protection). I believe they have given up fewer sacks this year than last and they are really gelling over the past few weeks. The defensive ends are better this year, and they have a rotation of interior D-linemen that provides a variation of speed and "thickness." The matchup with Madison is intriguing because both defenses will again be very good. Madison Sustained one drive last year that resulted in 3 points, and scored their TD on a short field. I think Wheelersburg does a better job of field position this year and hopefully the longer, more athletic offensive line is able to hold their own agains Madisons stout dline. Bottom line is Wheelersburg needs to avoid costly sacks and negative plays that will give Madison a short field. I think it will be difficult to sustain drives against wheelersburg, especially with such a one dimensional offense. Of course turnovers will play a roll, but I think Wheelersburgs improved offense might be able to put 17-21 points on Madison. If that is the case, I think they win 21-14, or 21-10, similar to last year.
Old 10-30-18, 09:00 AM
All Region

I agree with that assessment. They may be taught to hold if they are going to give up a sack? IDK but they do get a lot of holding calls. We’ll see how this week goes. With that.
But everything else is spot on.
Old 10-30-18, 09:02 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
The Fort Loramie/Madeira game early in the year wasn't as close as the score indicates. Loramie was up by roughly 30 when the game was called for a storm. It was finished the next morning and Madeira scored a few TDs to make it semi-respectable. The only decent showing they've given against a playoff caliber team was the 3 point win over Deer Park.