Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-04-17, 08:16 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Franklin @ Piqua

Franklin makes the trip up I-75 to Piqua for a huge game in Region 12. Points on the line and Piqua looking to get back at the 'Cats. Franklin coming off of a romp of Edgewood and Piqua gave Trotwood all they could handle. I look for a great game here,both teams have some playmakers.Outcome? Cats by7 is my call
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-17, 08:53 AM
Junior Varsity

CATS4EVER is on a distinguished road
I look for this to be a very good game also. Piqua came up a little short against major powerhouse in D3 and Franklin dominated Edgewood.
Line of scrimmage control will be the key to this game. Franklin RB doesnt need much space. If Qb has time he is very accurate and can pick them apart. I lool for Franklin to win by 2 scores
Old 09-04-17, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
I'm going to guess the seniors from this Piqua team still have a bad taste in their mouth from the game last year in Franklin. They gained a lot of confidence in themselves vs Trotwood and unlike last year, this time they came out of that game healthy.

How does the Franklin fans normally travel?
Old 09-04-17, 07:28 PM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Franklin travels very well and if we get good weather this will probably be a playoff atmosphere, Franklin knows this game might be the biggest hurdle in another 10-0 and they will be ready to play. Montgomery will be ready to roll and finally play in a 4th quarter. This is one of the top games in SW Ohio this week.
Old 09-05-17, 07:41 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Piqua by 10,,,,
Old 09-05-17, 09:27 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Did somebody say,PLAY-OFFS?

Weather looks good so far for Friday ! Should be huge crowd and a great game! Looking forward to it!! Go Cats!:
Old 09-05-17, 10:00 AM
All Ohio

wrestlingdad33 is on a distinguished road
Piqua Rolls
Old 09-05-17, 10:55 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Piqua by 20
Old 09-05-17, 01:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Piqua by 20 is a funny statement. These are 2 quality teams and it will be closer than that. Guess people still dont give Franklin any respect. Thats ok though cause that is motivation for this team. Franklin brings a highly recruited RB and a very accurate throwing QB with a lot of different targets. Plus this Franklin defense is much improved from last year. It will be a tight game but I predict 28-14 Franklin
Old 09-05-17, 06:10 PM
All Yappi

The weather forecast for the game looks really nice. As long as it's not as breezy as it was last Friday night would be nice.
Old 09-05-17, 09:44 PM
All District

SWBLFball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATS4EVER View Post
Piqua by 20 is a funny statement. These are 2 quality teams and it will be closer than that. Guess people still dont give Franklin any respect. Thats ok though cause that is motivation for this team. Franklin brings a highly recruited RB and a very accurate throwing QB with a lot of different targets. Plus this Franklin defense is much improved from last year. It will be a tight game but I predict 28-14 Franklin
If Piqua plays the same way they did against Trotwood that's not a crazy prediction...
Old 09-06-17, 09:42 AM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
So who does Piqua have on defense to stop Franklin from putting 40 plus points on the board? Good corners, good secondary, dline?
Old 09-06-17, 09:51 AM
All American

They have a very good defensive end, #85 I believe that can really play and is athletic he could give the cats fits.
Old 09-06-17, 10:22 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's because no one respects the league they play in and they're schedule is not strong and haven't beat anyone significant when it counts. Piqua is much better than last season as well. Win at Piqua on Friday then we all will believe.
Old 09-06-17, 11:22 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
That's because no one respects the league they play in and they're schedule is not strong and haven't beat anyone significant when it counts. Piqua is much better than last season as well. Win at Piqua on Friday then we all will believe.
This is a legit post. The SWBL hasn't been a playoff powerhouse in a long time. A win here for Franklin attracts attention. A lost proves to everyone that it's the same old.
Old 09-06-17, 12:33 PM
Junior Varsity

Heisenberg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Gotta disagree a little here. Last year they defeated Piqua handily, defeated Edgewood who won their conference and made the playoffs and beat Tipp in the first round. Not to mention they defeated 3 playoff teams in their own conference ( Carlisle, VV and Brookville) Those are quality wins. I know they got run out of town against St. Marys but they did score 30+ pts in that game.
Old 09-06-17, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

The SWO King of the Spread pick 'em has Franklin as a 12.5 point favorite in this game. Hopefully Franklin travels as well as they say they do, this game has all the makings of a pretty good one.

Last year the Indians were coming into this game after getting throttled by Trotwood and having two major players lost for the year. It took a few weeks to get their feet under them recovering from those injuries. They thought they was going to get another shot at Franklin in week 11 but the entire Dunbar thing happened and it didn't happen.

Piqua's defense will have their hands full with Montgomery, he is a special player and has the ability to make plays from everywhere on the field. They won't stop him, you just have to try and limit him.
Old 09-06-17, 09:06 PM
All American

VVSpartanalum is on a distinguished road
Should be a very good game up in Piqua, actually thinking of traveling up to watch this one. Love watching games at the beautiful stadium in Piqua and I think this will be a very tightly contested game. Really leaning towards Piqua in a bit of an upset.
Old 09-06-17, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I got piqua in this one. That really pains me to say.
Old 09-06-17, 11:17 PM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Franklin by 14
Old 09-07-17, 02:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I got piqua in this one. That really pains me to say.
This is the best post on this thread!
Old 09-07-17, 05:38 AM
Junior Varsity

Like I have said this will be a very good game. Be first test for Franklin pass defense. I feel like we can handle the run. I know Piqua gave Trotwood a run for the money. Montgomery is a very special back. White at QB is also very good. His completion percentage over last season and this season is over 70% only 3 picks also. Franklin put up 40 plus on an edgewood defense that returned 8 starters. Franklin has the playmakers that can score from anywhere on the field. Piqua is big but they were big last year. I am looking forward to this game and I hope people continue to underestimate Franklin.
Old 09-07-17, 06:37 AM
All Yappi

How do you get to claim to be underestimated when you're 12.5 point favorites on the road?
Old 09-07-17, 07:13 AM
Junior Varsity

maybe underestimate wasn't the right word. I guess what I meant was that they don't get no respect and are not considered a legit team because they play in the swbl. Either way 12 and a half Point favorite doesn't mean a whole lot to me I know this is going to be a good game and piqua will be motivated in Franklin will bring their best
Old 09-07-17, 07:55 AM
All American

Two keys to this game to me, can Franklin control the line of scrimmage when they are on offense, because if you give Montgomery some wiggle room he can handle the rest, just can't be getting hit when he is getting the hand off. This can also open up the passing game if they can handle Piqua's D-Line, because if Piqua gets nosey and starts loading up the box to slow Montgomery, Braden White will take the top off.

Can Franklin's secondary slow down Piqua's passing attack, if they can't then this game will end up in a shootout and Franklin has played in a few of those recently, but not something you can bank on against a good Piqua team.
Old 09-07-17, 09:45 AM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Gotta disagree a little here. Last year they defeated Piqua handily, defeated Edgewood who won their conference and made the playoffs and beat Tipp in the first round. Not to mention they defeated 3 playoff teams in their own conference ( Carlisle, VV and Brookville) Those are quality wins. I know they got run out of town against St. Marys but they did score 30+ pts in that game.
Also beat bellbrook in bellbrook by 35. Bellbrook went 7-3 and barely missed playoffs . Franklin deserves respect
Old 09-07-17, 11:27 AM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Piqua has a very nice team this year. My step brother is playing for the Indians this year and I couldn't be prouder! Looking forward to watching this one as Piqua should roll!
Old 09-07-17, 05:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
maybe underestimate wasn't the right word. I guess what I meant was that they don't get no respect and are not considered a legit team because they play in the swbl. Either way 12 and a half Point favorite doesn't mean a whole lot to me I know this is going to be a good game and piqua will be motivated in Franklin will bring their best
Piqua doesn't care what league you play in, they know when Franklin shows up in town Friday night they will bring with them a team that will push them.

The one thing I am really hopeful for after tomorrow night, I would love to see this contract get extended for a few more years. Another Home and Home between the two would be awesome.
Old 09-07-17, 06:48 PM
All American

Was wondering the same thing if this game would continue next year, would love another home and home with Piqua.

Franklin fans need to get up 75 and check out Piqua's stadium it truly is a beautiful high school football stadium and hopefully the Wildcats pack the house.
Old 09-07-17, 08:17 PM
All American

Franklin playing Xenia week 3 next year is what it said in the paper, that is unfornate would have liked to see Piqua stay on the schedule for a while.