Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-09-18, 11:32 PM
All Ohio

buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
Prediction's on seeds? Top 2 I'll say 1. Wayne 2. Springfield. Who after?
Old 02-10-18, 12:02 AM
GO CATS!!!!!!!

CFIK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Game was at Springfield so CFIK will do a game report on it so be on the look out for that report.....

Springfield was fired up for this game. Wayne ran into some bad luck shooting with shots going in and out. Quienberry kept Wayne in this game scoring 21 points. Smith played much better and more aggressive tonight and put in 14. Smith was involved in a key play late when it looked like Wayne got within 2 with 1:47 left but Smith was called for a travel when he got bumped... seconds later a technical was called and that about did it. Parker and McKee both put in 6. Rodgers led the CATS with 14 points. Moss with 12 (hopefully he is OK as he got banged up in the game) Stephens 11 and he did hit some big baskets in key points of the game. Taylor 9, Wallace 3, Howard 3 and Sanford 2.

Springfield played intense defense... where was that at Centerville the other night???

No big deal, the loss does not hurt Wayne as they still control their own destiny in the GWOC and should get the #1 seed in the tourney draw.... lets hope we have a game 3!!!!

Best of luck to Springfield....

Wayne will be back home tomorrow with an early start time of 6 PM......
Thanks for the offer Vamp, but you gave a pretty good summary...the only thing I'll add is that Springfield never trailed, which is surprising considering how tight the game was most of the night.

Moss should be ok, he seemed to be moving better after the game and said he'll be ok. It looked like some sort of contusion just above his hip. Wouldn't surprise me if he sits out the Fairmont game Tuesday but they need him next Friday @ Trotwood.

I think Sanford was key with his defensive effort on Quisenberry. He had 19 midway through the third then Carson put Sanford on him and he only scored two more (2 free throws in the last minute).

Shout outs to Derrick Verse and Sam Towns. I'm not sure either scored, but both were clutch in the 4th with huge rebounds and blocked shots.

Rodgers started for the first time since the season opener, and tonight was the best the team has looked since he returned from injury, the chemistry much better than the previous 4 games.

The Cats loss at Centerville pretty much sealed #1 for Wayne. That game wa by far their worst game of the season. Cats should easily be #2, and like should be able to avoid Moeller in districts.

GO CATS!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-18, 12:18 PM
All Region

Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
And wayne never pushed off? How many warnings did quisenberry and blue get before the tech came? Springfield lost the first game from a terrible 1st quarter and missed free throws late in the game. Wayne lost this game because of bad shooting and playing panicky down 4 like they were down 20. Clearly the 2 best teams in Miami Valley IMO neither are better then Moeller but in tournament anything can happen

I didnít see either Wayne vs Springfield game but have seen both play this year. I donít know how anyone could argue WHS and SHS are not the two best teams in the Miami Valley.

That being said Iíve seen Moeller twice. As much as I hate to say this I donít see anyone in SW Ohio who can beat them. If you could get Hayes and Davenport in foul trouble early you may have a chance. Would love to see either WHS or SHS pull the upset tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-18, 12:20 PM
All Region

Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1689 View Post
Prediction's on seeds? Top 2 I'll say 1. Wayne 2. Springfield. Who after?

Huge gap after those 2 imo. I think the next 4-5 teams jump in the bracket those two are not in.

Old 02-10-18, 12:31 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Calls in favor? Explain this one? Taylor had 4 fouls blue had 4 fouls before he threw the tantrum that cost his team. Parker was 0-9 from three and never quit shooting. Mckee and Hampton were so out of the offense when they got the ball their first intent was to give it right back. Fouls were pretty even or lack there of refs let a lot go tonight
Wow so Blue gets a tech just like he did trying to trip/did trip Bazely from behind in the Princeton game and was T'd up and ejected--seems to be a recurring theme in big games--hope no one blames the ref again in this matter like some did in the Princeton game---I was at the Princeton game as an unbiased fan and it absolutely was the correct call by the ref in that game.
Old 02-10-18, 03:43 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Friday View Post
I didnít see either Wayne vs Springfield game but have seen both play this year. I donít know how anyone could argue WHS and SHS are not the two best teams in the Miami Valley.

That being said Iíve seen Moeller twice. As much as I hate to say this I donít see anyone in SW Ohio who can beat them. If you could get Hayes and Davenport in foul trouble early you may have a chance. Would love to see either WHS or SHS pull the upset tho

They were the favorite to win it all going into the season.
Old 02-10-18, 04:37 PM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
Quote:
Calls in favor? Explain this one? Taylor had 4 fouls blue had 4 fouls before he threw the tantrum that cost his team. Parker was 0-9 from three and never quit shooting. Mckee and Hampton were so out of the offense when they got the ball their first intent was to give it right back. Fouls were pretty even or lack there of refs let a lot go tonight
For the most part the calls were that were made were even. I'm more worried about some of the non calls. Actually a lot of the non calls on both sides. I also wish calls were more consistent from game to game but I'm dreaming there. I think Quis should have been T'd up earlier in the game, more than when Blue was T'd up.

Wayne was pretty much off all night and hopefully they can shake it off against the team from Indy. Then they can focus on Beating Centerville and winning the league title outright.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-18, 05:49 PM
Varsity

WHSisthebest is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I'd hate to see Wayne or Springfield have to face Moeller, but in my opinion (as a Wayne fan) there has to be a reason Wayne is ranked above Moeller in the state so I think we have a decent chance against them, especially if they're playing like I've seen them play in some games this year.
Old 02-10-18, 06:29 PM
GO CATS!!!!!!!

Quote:

Springfield had both in foul trouble and still lost by 17. Moe is deep, talented and disciplined. I agree they are clearly the best in SWO. And if they get McBride back...
Old 02-10-18, 06:47 PM
GO CATS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHSisthebest View Post
I'd hate to see Wayne or Springfield have to face Moeller, but in my opinion (as a Wayne fan) there has to be a reason Wayne is ranked above Moeller in the state so I think we have a decent chance against them, especially if they're playing like I've seen them play in some games this year.
IMO the only reason Moe is behind either Solon or Wayne is because Moe has three (out of state) losses. Don't be fooled by the AP rankings (or any ranking for HS for that matter). HS sport beat writers who've likely only seen 2-3 of the teams ranked are the ones voting. Just look at the history of the AP poll ...only 4 times in past 20 years has #1 won it, and not since 2009.
Old 02-10-18, 07:39 PM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
I saw that Wayne beat Indy NW 77-60.
Old 02-10-18, 07:49 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Indy Northwest @ Huber Heights Wayne

It is not every night that you see the Wayne crowd give an opposing player a standing ovation but they did tonight. Indy Northwest guard Reed scored 31 points tonight, the kid stands 5 foot tall if that. Wayne could not stop him.

Well, Wayne did not look good tonight but all the kids got in and 8 different Wayne players scored baskets in the 2nd qtr. Once Wayne got up by double digits early in the 2nd they kept it that way but could not put the game away. Leading 40-23 at half Wayne let Indy get within 8 before pulling away late in the 3rd and start of the 4th. Wayne got up by over 20 in the 4th and ended up winning 77-60.

Wayne was led in scoring by Parker with 18, Smith 11, Long came off the bench to put in 9, Quisenberry 9, McKee 8, Hampton 8, Cole 4, Walker 4, Palma 2, Orwig 2, and Joy 2

Wayne improves to 19-1 and will host Centerville Friday for a chance to win the GWOC out right.
Old 02-10-18, 08:51 PM
GO CATS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Indy Northwest @ Huber Heights Wayne

It is not every night that you see the Wayne crowd give an opposing player a standing ovation but they did tonight. Indy Northwest guard Reed scored 31 points tonight, the kid stands 5 foot tall if that. Wayne could not stop him.

Well, Wayne did not look good tonight but all the kids got in and 8 different Wayne players scored baskets in the 2nd qtr. Once Wayne got up by double digits early in the 2nd they kept it that way but could not put the game away. Leading 40-23 at half Wayne let Indy get within 8 before pulling away late in the 3rd and start of the 4th. Wayne got up by over 20 in the 4th and ended up winning 77-60.

Wayne was led in scoring by Parker with 18, Smith 11, Long came off the bench to put in 9, Quisenberry 9, McKee 8, Hampton 8, Cole 4, Walker 4, Palma 2, Orwig 2, and Joy 2

Wayne improves to 19-1 and will host Centerville Friday for a chance to win the GWOC out right.
Pains me to say this but, Go Elks!

GO CATS!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-18, 09:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIK View Post
Pains me to say this but, Go Elks!

GO CATS!!!!!!!
No, No CFIK, tell me it ain't so, noone should EVER stoop to that.....
Old 02-10-18, 10:27 PM
All Region

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIK View Post
Springfield had both in foul trouble and still lost by 17. Moe is deep, talented and disciplined. I agree they are clearly the best in SWO. And if they get McBride back...
Have you heard anything about McBride? McBride and Davenport would be .... formidable.
Old 02-10-18, 11:22 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Have you heard anything about McBride? McBride and Davenport would be .... formidable.
McBride has been out all season with a serious knee injury in football--he'll be back next year. Moe has plenty still after Davenport
Old 02-11-18, 12:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
McBride has been out all season with a serious knee injury in football--he'll be back next year. Moe has plenty still after Davenport
I am talking about odds on favorite to win the state championship favorite, if McBride was back. I have watched Moeller and they seem to be the best from SW Ohio. However, McBride would have been a nice addition when it comes to the top Columbus teams. However, as you said, Moeller brings plenty without McBride. I have to admit that I will be pulling for the publics until they get to state. Then it is SW Ohio or bust.
Old 02-11-18, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

Wayne will be playing Stebbins in the 1st round of the tournament and if they win would play Tecumseh in the 2nd round. Centerville is also in Wayne's bracket and these two teams could meet in round 3.
Old 02-11-18, 03:46 PM
All Region

Quote:
Wayne will be playing Stebbins in the 1st round of the tournament and if they win would play Tecumseh in the 2nd round. Centerville is also in Wayne's bracket and these two teams could meet in round 3.
I assume that Wayne is the #1 seed?
Old 02-11-18, 04:00 PM
All District

BelmontBison is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
I assume that Wayne is the #1 seed?
That is a very dumb question.....
Old 02-11-18, 04:01 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelmontBison View Post
Not really, some people might have thought Springfield deserved it. BTW, why don't you stay in that ever popular Belmont thread instead of trolling the Wayne one...
Old 02-11-18, 04:15 PM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelmontBison View Post
Lol
Old 02-11-18, 04:56 PM
All Region

Quote:
Not really, some people might have thought Springfield deserved it. BTW, why don't you stay in that ever popular Belmont thread instead of trolling the Wayne one...
Lol
Old 02-11-18, 06:09 PM
All Ohio

Where are the brackets?
Old 02-11-18, 06:09 PM
All District

BelmontBison is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You need to go to the common sense thread. How would anyone say that Springfield deserves it over one loss #1 ranked Wayne????
Old 02-11-18, 06:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1689 View Post
Where are the brackets?
http://www.swdab.org/Boys%20Basketba...basketball.htm

http://www.swdab.org/Boys%20Basketba...1_dayton_3.htm
Old 02-11-18, 06:34 PM
All Ohio

Thanks
Old 02-16-18, 04:57 PM
All Yappi

If you cannot make it to the game tonight you can watch it live on Spectrum sports channel 1311 or on myspectrum.com live or on demand.

Also, Springfield at Trotwood can be seen live or on demand at myspectrum.com

If you are curious about Wayne's first round opponent Stebbins you can watch one of their games here: http://nktelcosports.wp.live.nkt.tv/...s/?video=16628

Wayne's 2nd round opponent Tecumseh can be seen tonight at midnight on WRCX spectrum channel 22.
Old 02-16-18, 11:55 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Any score on tonights game?
Old 02-16-18, 11:56 PM
All Yappi

Centerville @ Huber Heights Wayne

"Bobby"
"Bobby"
"Bobby" Chanted the Wayne crowd late in the 4th as Bobby Cole came off the bench for the Warriors scoring 8 points to spark Wayne from behind to defeat rival Centerville 52-49 clinching a GWOC outright title....

It did not start out well for Wayne as Centerville took time off the clock on each possession and drilling their first two shots (Shelton and Marchal) both beyond the arc to put the Elks up 6-0. Wayne finally got on the board with a Parker basket and then a Smith monster dunk in traffic got Wayne closer. A Quisenberry three would put Wayne up 7-6 but the Elks would score the next 4 before Hampton would close out the scoring with a basket for Wayne. Centerville 10 Wayne 9 after 1

Wayne would take an 11-10 lead following a Hampton steal and basket but a Marchal 3 would put Centerville back up. Wayne would score the next 4 with Smith giving the Warriors a 15-13 lead. Tied at 16 it was Parker on a put back 18-16 Wayne. Tied at 18 Smith with a step back 3, 21-18 Warriors. Quisenberry 3, 24-18 Wayne but the pesky Elks would get within 2. Wayne would get back to 6 when Quisenberry drilled a long 3 pointer at the buzzer. Wayne 28 Centerville 22 at the half.

Centerville would score the first 4 to start the 3rd but Quisenberry would put a stop to that by drilling a 3. A Parker basket would give Wayne their biggest lead at 33-26 but Centerville once again came back scoring the next 7 as Marchal scored and one to tie it at 33. Once again, it was Quisenberry stopping the run with another 3. Centerville would get within 1 but a Parker basket at the buzzer made it 38-35 Wayne after 3.

The 4th started out good as Smith would get a steal and slam it home, 40-35 Wayne. Marchal with a 3, 40-38... throw in a pair of free throws by Henderson and we are tied at 40. Mumaw off the bench scores to put the Elks up 42-40. Cole off the bench for Wayne with a huge basket stopping the run to tie it at 42 but the Elks would open up a 4 point lead with baskets by Shelton and Henderson. A Quisenberry 3 made it 46-45 Centerville. With the Elks up 47-45 it was Cole drilling a three to put Wayne back up 48-47 starting the "Bobby" chant. Wayne would get a stop and Smith would find Cole open for a basket and one to put Wayne up by 4, 51-47 late in the game. A pair of free throws would make it 51-49 and Centerville was forced to foul. Wayne is typical a pretty good free throw shooting team down the stretch but tonight they struggled missing the front end of a one and one twice but the Elks could not take advantage of it. Smith would add a free throw putting Wayne up 52-49. Wayne then fouled on purpose keeping the Elks from shooting a 3. Free throw missed but Elks with rebound kicked out for a 3 at the buzzer but is long. Wayne escapes, 52-49 taking the GWOC title.

Scoring for Wayne" Quisenberry 19, Smith 10, Parker 9, Cole 8 (all in the 4th), Hampton 4, McKee 2

Centerville: Marchal 17, Shelton 11, Henderson 10, Grandin 4, Sneed 4, Mumaw 3

The Wayne JV won tonight 48-40 and the Wayne freshman team also win winning the GWOC title.....

Up next for Wayne is first round tournament action as they take on rival Stebbins at Vandalia Butler Friday night at 7:30.....