Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-17, 08:35 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
D5 Region 20 Madison Mohawks vs CHCA Eagles

Madison pulled out the victory over Anna in the mud. CHCA manhandled an undefeated Greeneview team. Who will be victorious in week 12?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-17, 09:13 AM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Any idea where this game will be? East or Monroe seem reasonable. CHCA hasn’t played a team like Madison but I don’t think Madison has played a team like CHCA. I expect a higher scoring game. CHCA 35-28
Old 11-05-17, 11:02 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
Any idea where this game will be? East or Monroe seem reasonable. CHCA hasnít played a team like Madison but I donít think Madison has played a team like CHCA. I expect a higher scoring game. CHCA 35-28
It is confirmed at Lakota East. Seems like a logical location. With CHCA being a private school I would bet this will be in some of their kids backyard.
Old 11-05-17, 12:09 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
It is confirmed at Lakota East. Seems like a logical location. With CHCA being a private school I would bet this will be in some of their kids backyard.
Maybe a few, but I think they draw a lot of Mason/Indian Hill kids too. Again I think it all depends on if Madison can impose their will. Run the ball, control the clock, don't let it turn into a track meet and give yourself a chance to win in the 4th quarter. I'm going with Madison, I don't think CHCA has seen a team as physical as Madison since week 1 when they were beaten by Fenwick. I'll say 28-14 Madison.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-17, 12:37 PM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
Which style takes over? Madison’s punishing, physical, wear you out style... or CHCA speed
Old 11-05-17, 01:36 PM
Varsity

yungluca is on a distinguished road
Yet another game where everyone seems to think Madison can’t keep up with speed, proved last week they could.
Old 11-05-17, 02:14 PM
All American

Fun2Bme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fun2Bme
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungluca View Post
Yet another game where everyone seems to think Madison canít keep up with speed, proved last week they could.
Everyone thought the same thing about Milton Union last year and CHCA was up like 42-0 at half.

As far as CHCA not playing anyone, Indian Hill, Wyoming, and Fenwick are better teams imo and Norwood, albeit not a good team, are kids who will try to punch you in the mouth and turn the game into a fight.

I don't see a running clock but I think CHCA has some JV kids in by the end of the game.
Old 11-05-17, 02:45 PM
All Region

FreeFromGreen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yet another game where everyone seems to think Madison can’t keep up with speed, proved last week they could.
This is going to be a great matchup. Madison played in soup last week against Anna on uncut grass...and it was brilliant. That's how you use homefield advantage!

CHCA has played a few teams this year that likes to pound the football. Fenwick ran 53 times for like 250 yards. Wyoming's balanced team has a great rushing attack, and a really big front on both O and D lines. CHCA was in that game until their 4th turnover.

Greeneview came in last week wanting to push the Eagles all over the field. They rushed for just 3 yards a carry in the first half, but they controlled the clock, converted 3rd and 5's, had a long 95+ touchdown drive, and kept CHCA with 2 possessions the entire first half...and Greeneview trailed by 10.

Madison has a great big O and D line. They get great pressure on pass plays and they grunge you up front on offense. I see CHCA really selling out to stop the run, which may open up the play action pass off that wing-t.

BUT...Madison can control the clock, grind CHCA, hope for limited negative plays that keep them behind the sticks, and convert 3rd and shorts. However, they are going to have to stop a CHCA team on the turf and defend the edge.

If this game is played to Madison's script, this is going to be close in the 4th quarter...and turnovers, 3rd down conversions, and time of possessions will play a key factor. Madison has more than a fighting chance in a dogfight like that.

If this game is played to CHCA's script, the Eagles offense will hit the edge on outside zones, WR screens, and passes down field to any one of the 4 WRs who can make big plays. CHCA didnt punt last week (only stop was when Greeneview made a goalline stand in 1st quarter). If CHCA can open it up, this turns into an identical game to the Milton-Union game last year (39-7 at half).

It will be really fun to see which team can create the game into what they want it to be!

I love playoff football
Old 11-05-17, 02:47 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison-CHCA

Madison-CHCA regional semifinal set for Lakota East

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...3RCd5nPg73UWL/
Old 11-05-17, 02:51 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
CHCA 42
Madison 28
Old 11-05-17, 03:48 PM
Varsity

ohiograppler1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Bme View Post
Everyone thought the same thing about Milton Union last year and CHCA was up like 42-0 at half.

As far as CHCA not playing anyone, Indian Hill, Wyoming, and Fenwick are better teams imo and Norwood, albeit not a good team, are kids who will try to punch you in the mouth and turn the game into a fight.

I don't see a running clock but I think CHCA has some JV kids in by the end of the game.
Didnt CHCA lose to fenwick and wyoming? Just curious why you would list teams that beat you to brag?
Old 11-05-17, 04:35 PM
All Region

FreeFromGreen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiograppler1 View Post
Didnt CHCA lose to fenwick and wyoming? Just curious why you would list teams that beat you to brag?
I suspect he listed them because they were bigger schools with tough, physical run games that CHCA scheduled to prepare for games like Friday.

Eagles lost a heartbreaker to Fenwick, blowing a 21-0 lead. Lost to Wyoming in large part because of 4 turnovers (and the fact that Wyoming is pretty darn good). Both were winnable...and more importantly, learning experiences
Old 11-05-17, 05:36 PM
All American

Fun2Bme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fun2Bme
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFromGreen View Post
I suspect he listed them because they were bigger schools with tough, physical run games that CHCA scheduled to prepare for games like Friday.

Eagles lost a heartbreaker to Fenwick, blowing a 21-0 lead. Lost to Wyoming in large part because of 4 turnovers (and the fact that Wyoming is pretty darn good). Both were winnable...and more importantly, learning experiences
This.

CHCA knew they needed to up the nonconference schedule due to the weak league they are in. They might have lost to Fenwick and Wyoming but both those teams might put a running clock on Madison. The Wing T is a b!tch but CHCA's HC is Wing T coach. Believes it's the best offense you can run...but let's Metz and Roberts do their thing. Only way this is close is if CHCA has 4 TO's like the Wyoming game. I wish Madison well. My nephews are in their program but this is a team thats way above their level.
Old 11-05-17, 06:02 PM
All Ohio

bdf111rp is on a distinguished road
Madison did play Valley View and it was only 6-0 at the half. VV pulled away in the second half but if you ask them they will say it was their most physical game of the year so far. You canít overlook Madison. They are hard nose kids who play with a lot of heart. Just ask Anna!
Old 11-05-17, 06:43 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdf111rp View Post
Madison did play Valley View and it was only 6-0 at the half. VV pulled away in the second half but if you ask them they will say it was their most physical game of the year so far. You canít overlook Madison. They are hard nose kids who play with a lot of heart. Just ask Anna!
I would but they still do not have all the mud out of their ears.
Old 11-05-17, 07:03 PM
Varsity

Quote:
This.

CHCA knew they needed to up the nonconference schedule due to the weak league they are in. They might have lost to Fenwick and Wyoming but both those teams might put a running clock on Madison. The Wing T is a b!tch but CHCA's HC is Wing T coach. Believes it's the best offense you can run...but let's Metz and Roberts do their thing. Only way this is close is if CHCA has 4 TO's like the Wyoming game. I wish Madison well. My nephews are in their program but this is a team thats way above their level.
Thank you for the well wishes. No team can be counted out but i love the fact you think they dont have a chance. If they pull it out im sure there will be an excuse. If you turn the ball over 4 times, and lose it would be expected. I feel that it could be a close game and dont think at all that JV will be in for the second half as stated before. We will see soon enough. I wish all the players a safe game played to the best of each teams ability on that given night but i dont see a running clock or JV in the game.
Old 11-05-17, 07:05 PM
Varsity

And stirred not shaken..........let it go man you have to be better than that.
Old 11-05-17, 07:15 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiograppler1 View Post
And stirred not shaken..........let it go man you have to be better than that.
Sorry couldn't help myself. Hope Madison wins this week I usually pull for the public school over a private school.
Old 11-05-17, 07:43 PM
All American

Quote:
This.

I donít think fenwick puts a running clock on Madison but I thought CHCA was better than the falcons. I was at that game and CHCA dominated early. It took a couple of 4th down prayers for the game to swing. I donít think Madison can throw the ball as well as Fenwick but I do think they are physical. The Mohawk d line is very good. I am not sure they are as good as Wyoming but they are relentless. I do think CHCA scores quite a few times in this game but I could see it being very close most of the game.

I have asked a few people how they think this Madison team compares to the MU team from last year and all have said this Mohawk team is better. We will find out on Friday.
Old 11-05-17, 09:44 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This.

Saw Fenwick and Madison in person this year and no way would Fenwick put a running clock on Madison. In fact, the way they turned the ball over this year, they wouldn't even beat Madison. Granted I think CHCA is better than Fenwick even though they lost to them, but you're way off to say Madison is not of the same caliber as CHCA. Regardless of what posters think, I promise you CHCA coaches are watching film this weekend and worried about this matchup.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-17, 09:37 AM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
This will be a good game. CHCA has to be able to block Madison DL. They are very good. Madison will be one of if not the most physical team CHCA has played this year. Last week game was interesting to see how Madison physically manhandled Anna, who was largely considered a contender to win the region and potentially make a deep run. Very interesting game but I think the turf favors CHCA.
It would be interesting what Madison Anna would have been on a playable field. That thing they played on last week was just mud and should have been moved to just decent grass field that did not host a week 10, but that is home field advantage I guess.
Old 11-06-17, 11:10 AM
All American

No common opponents for these two teams. However, CHCA did scrimmage Carlisle and I think it was a running clock in the first half. Madison beat Carlisle 31-14.

CHCA also beat Indian Hill who beat New Richmond by 9 who beat Monroe by 28 who beat Madison by 14. But that doesn't really translate.

The Eagles and Mohawks have met once before back in 2013 with CHCA winning 48-6. I think the JV teams have played each other a few times as well. So there is some familiarity between the two teams.

I think Madison has the right pieces to give CHCA problems. A physical run game, a very good d-line, and the wing t is tough to prepare for. Svarda has run for over 100 yards or had 2 TDs in every game except Valley View. Baumgartner has had 100 yards from scrimmage or 1 TD in 9 consecutive games. They both made bigs plays against Anna and were very impressive. I think the offense will score points on CHCA. The question is going to be on defense. Can they stop the Eagles enough to win the game? I am not sure they can. CHCA is very efficient on offense and has lots of weapons.

I will take CHCA 40-27.
Old 11-06-17, 02:03 PM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No common opponents for these two teams. However, CHCA did scrimmage Carlisle and I think it was a running clock in the first half. Madison beat Carlisle 31-14.

CHCA also beat Indian Hill who beat New Richmond by 9 who beat Monroe by 28 who beat Madison by 14. But that doesn't really translate.

The Eagles and Mohawks have met once before back in 2013 with CHCA winning 48-6. I think the JV teams have played each other a few times as well. So there is some familiarity between the two teams.

I think Madison has the right pieces to give CHCA problems. A physical run game, a very good d-line, and the wing t is tough to prepare for. Svarda has run for over 100 yards or had 2 TDs in every game except Valley View. Baumgartner has had 100 yards from scrimmage or 1 TD in 9 consecutive games. They both made bigs plays against Anna and were very impressive. I think the offense will score points on CHCA. The question is going to be on defense. Can they stop the Eagles enough to win the game? I am not sure they can. CHCA is very efficient on offense and has lots of weapons.

I will take CHCA 40-27.

Your "guesses" have been incorrect (regarding mohawks seeding, Anna domination etc..) the last couple of weeks so I like you taking CHCA here. Classic private vs public school battle in the playoffs. I know very little about this years CHCA team and hope the Mohawks can pull off another so called upset. Eliminate the turnovers that nearly derailed them last week and I think they can pull it off late 21-20. Keep the chains/clock moving and keep CHCA offense on the sidelines is the key to a W. Will be a tall task but I will not be shocked to see them squeak it out.
Old 11-06-17, 02:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntopin View Post
Your "guesses" have been incorrect (regarding mohawks seeding, Anna domination etc..) the last couple of weeks so I like you taking CHCA here. Classic private vs public school battle in the playoffs. I know very little about this years CHCA team and hope the Mohawks can pull off another so called upset. Eliminate the turnovers that nearly derailed them last week and I think they can pull it off late 21-20. Keep the chains/clock moving and keep CHCA offense on the sidelines is the key to a W. Will be a tall task but I will not be shocked to see them squeak it out.
You are correct. My guesses on Madison have been wrong. However, Coach Poff even said they weren't expecting a home game coming in to Week 10 so it wasn't as if it was an uneducated guess. Likewise, Fantastic50 predicted Madison to be the 5 seed.

As for my prediction on Anna dominating, after the first series I felt ok about it because the Rockets marched right down the field only to settle for a FG. However, as the game went on and the traction got poorer and poorer, I felt the game tilting more towards the Mohawks. Madison was very impressive. Much more so than I thought coming in to the game. Once I arrived at the field on friday though I sent a message saying "prove me wrong". I felt the field conditions were going to heavily favor Madison. Even so, I didn't expect them to beat Anna. Hats off to the Mohawks for their impressive win. I think this week will be a little different though. But Madison has proven me wrong the past few weeks. Hoping for another classic playoff matchup this Friday.
Old 11-06-17, 07:12 PM
Varsity

flyingeagle is on a distinguished road
What offense does CHCA run? Spread?
Old 11-06-17, 10:40 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingeagle View Post
What offense does CHCA run? Spread?
A lot of WR, screens spread runs, and vertical routes. If Madisonís fldefensive backs play the way I know they can, 21-17 Madison.
Old 11-07-17, 07:29 AM
All Ohio

bulldog5704 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
We scrimmaged madison in a quad at paint valley this year. Happy for the program to be having the season they are. Rooting for our wing t brethren going to say Madison 27 chca 21
Old 11-07-17, 09:12 AM
Varsity

Anna was better than CHCA and Madison won. Easy Madison dub 28-7.
Old 11-07-17, 09:41 AM
All American

Quote:
A lot of WR, screens spread runs, and vertical routes. If Madison’s fldefensive backs play the way I know they can, 21-17 Madison.
Quote:
Anna was better than CHCA and Madison won. Easy Madison dub 28-7.
I am confused. Which one is it? And who is saying Anna was better than CHCA? I am pretty sure the same could be said that CHCA is way better than a 1-9 Monroe team. I am afraid the muddy conditions won't save you this week.
Old 11-07-17, 11:05 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I am confused. Which one is it? And who is saying Anna was better than CHCA? I am pretty sure the same could be said that CHCA is way better than a 1-9 Monroe team. I am afraid the muddy conditions won't save you this week.
Just trying to start conversation I believe the first score but i needed some reactions from others