Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-16-17, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
The most interesting part of the show for me is definitely the emerging character changes that happen. Walt from timid nerd like teacher to ruthless calculated criminal. Jesse from dumb slacky junkie to softer more sensitive sober guy. Skylar from supportive wife to total B.

Last edited by tallmadge H2 dad; 02-16-17 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-17-17, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

I'm about halfway through Season 3. Right now, Slylar is banging her boss, Walt has been introduced to his new state of the art lab to cook for Gus, Walt and Jesse get rid of the RV as Hank is right on their tail.
Old 02-17-17, 03:17 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
I imagine you are having a heck of a time turning this off and doing anything else. Some great episodes coming up. Have you seen "One Minute" yet? It's right in the middle of season 3. The end of season 3 is terrific and then season 4 starts off with a bang with an episode called "Box Cutter". Plenty of good stuff coming your way.
Old 02-17-17, 03:19 PM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
I don't remember ever thinking of Skylar as a total B. Her husband is a freaking meth cook! I pretty much saw her as a battered wife without the bruises.
Old 02-18-17, 07:13 AM
All Yappi

Damn...Hank just got shot up.
Old 02-18-17, 09:37 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Starting to get good...

What do Walt and Skylar have in common with a 90's sitcom?
Old 02-18-17, 11:39 AM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Skylar's reaction IS normal. The problem is, you start the show really rooting for Walt, despite his illegal means, that you really side with him through most things, including his altercations with his wife. By the time he crosses the line where you realize HE is the bad guy, you don't exactly change your opinion on Skylar.
Old 02-18-17, 11:54 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
No, Walt is the one who knocks.

Oh, wait ...
Old 02-18-17, 11:02 PM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
I never really was anti walt at any point. Always hated Skylar and her sister. The only character I really changed on was Jessie who I think everyone grows to like
Old 02-19-17, 12:21 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
I never really was anti walt at any point. Always hated Skylar and her sister. The only character I really changed on was Jessie who I think everyone grows to like
That's what made the show so interesting. It was hard to believe you were actually rooting for him despite everything he did. But, at some point you turn. You REALLY feel bad for Jesse.

But, that's enough. No spoilers for Tallmadge.
Old 02-19-17, 01:14 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
That's what made the show so interesting. It was hard to believe you were actually rooting for him despite everything he did. But, at some point you turn. You REALLY feel bad for Jesse.

I never at any time felt sorry for Jesse. He was a drug dealer from the start. Without a doubt his actions got more than a few people hurt, ruined their lives etc. Why should anyone feel pity for him because suddenly his actions came home to roost?
Old 02-19-17, 01:27 AM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I never turned against Walt
Old 02-19-17, 03:10 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
I never at any time felt sorry for Jesse. He was a drug dealer from the start. Without a doubt his actions got more than a few people hurt, ruined their lives etc. Why should anyone feel pity for him because suddenly his actions came home to roost?
You really think what happened to Jesse was a bit beyond what his punishment should've been? Walt was the reason he got in so deep. He was a low-level supplier/dealer. What happens to him up until the last episode is what Walt should've gotten.
Old 02-19-17, 03:48 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
You really think what happened to Jesse was a bit beyond what his punishment should've been? Walt was the reason he got in so deep. He was a low-level supplier/dealer. What happens to him up until the last episode is what Walt should've gotten.
A low level dealer is still a dealer. They get their drugs ultimately from a cartel or something along those lines who do the same stuff Walt did all the time. He dealt poison just like any other dealer.
Old 02-19-17, 10:08 AM
All Yappi

Finished season 3 last night. I'm starting season 4 tonight with an episode called Box cutter. This is the best show ever and nothing else is even close.
Old 02-19-17, 10:36 AM
All District

80greyhound is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Finished season 3 last night. I'm starting season 4 tonight with an episode called Box cutter. This is the best show ever and nothing else is even close.
I didn't watch it during it's run but did a few binge sessions last year. Many 2-3 hour sleep nights. Was sorry to see it end but glad they didn't drag it out.
Old 02-19-17, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80greyhound View Post
I didn't watch it during it's run but did a few binge sessions last year. Many 2-3 hour sleep nights. Was sorry to see it end but glad they didn't drag it out.
Yep, I watched 5 episodes last night, and had to make myself go to bed.
Old 02-21-17, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

4 episodes into season 4. Walt and Skylar just bought the car wash. Jesse is proving himself to Mike and Gus. Hank seems to be closing in on the truth from the confides of his wheelchair.
The twists and turns are amazing. Each episode ends with something that makes you want to dive into the next episode. Did I say this was the best show ever created?
Old 02-21-17, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
I wonder why you bothered to watch the show. I mean...what about it would you find entertaining, compelling, if that's your view?

Can I throw a religious concept at you? My faith teaches me that humanity is a collection of good and evil traits. I certainly see that all the time, in my work, in the people I know, in my own behavior....and that it's a life-long challenge to overcome/control/lessen our evil qualities. Jesse is a bad guy (mostly) but he has some positive qualities and it's interesting viewing (I think) to watch some people go the dark side over time and others, in some ways, become more "good". Seems to me that a lot of television entertainment falls into this category.
Old 02-21-17, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAlum View Post
I wonder why you bothered to watch the show. I mean...what about it would you find entertaining, compelling, if that's your view?

Can I throw a religious concept at you? My faith teaches me that humanity is a collection of good and evil traits. I certainly see that all the time, in my work, in the people I know, in my own behavior....and that it's a life-long challenge to overcome/control/lessen our evil qualities. Jesse is a bad guy (mostly) but he has some positive qualities and it's interesting viewing (I think) to watch some people go the dark side over time and others, in some ways, become more "good". Seems to me that a lot of television entertainment falls into this category.
Jesse definitely seems to have a conscience
Old 02-21-17, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jesse definitely seems to have a conscience
Right...

I recently read a memoir by a Holocaust survivor ("The Long Journey to Cleveland"), recommended to me by a Jewish colleague.

I thought a lot about a civilian German engineer who drove trains to Auschwitz and other extermination camps. He was the father of the author's non-Jewish wife. He figured out what was going on, and was very troubled by it, but continued to do his job. Occasionally, he had the opportunity to do a small kindness for someone on the train or near the train...sharing his lunch, e.g.

Which is worse? The person who engages in evil and has no conscience, never once considering or being bothered or challenged by his own behavior. Or is the person WITH a conscience, who is deeply troubled by what is occurring and with his own actions, who maybe engages in some small acts of good to either ameliorate his conscience or actually do SOME good?
Old 02-21-17, 02:28 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
The ethics of self-preservation are tricky
Old 02-21-17, 03:45 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
4 episodes into season 4. Walt and Skylar just bought the car wash.
This was the point where you wonder where Walt is headed. He has plenty of money and was able to buyout his former boss. Life looks pretty good for him right now even if he never makes another dime from the drugs.
Old 02-21-17, 04:08 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Tallmadge, I am just curious, how do you predict this series wrapping up? Obviously I won't spoil anything and tell you if you're right or wrong, I just want to see what you think.
Old 02-21-17, 04:12 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAlum View Post

Because I have no sympathy for Jesse you wonder why I watched the show? Seriously? Maybe you should have asked if I had sympathy for Walt instead. I liked Walt the character. I rooted for him. I disliked the characters that impeded him. But did I have sympathy for him? No, I didn't. If you want to talk about faith and good and evil, I'll tell you my take on it. Walt, Jesse, Skylar, you, me... we all make our choices. We all know right from wrong. I had no sympathy for Jesse because he was on the same moral level as Walt in my eyes. A hooker with a heart of gold is still... a whore. Jesse sold poison. He was fine with it as long as he didn't see the effects of it. Walt did the same. Where I think they differed was Walt embraced the reality of it. Jesse knew the drugs he sold caused death and disease. Same as Walt. Walt simply didn't didn't deny the truth. Own your actions, right or wrong.
Old 02-21-17, 04:23 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Tallmadge, I am just curious, how do you predict this series wrapping up? Obviously I won't spoil anything and tell you if you're right or wrong, I just want to see what you think.
Yeah, it'd be interesting. I know around the time Walt buys the car wash, I was torn between whether someone kills him to usurp his power, or the cancer takes him and everything else with it. Primarily Gus, maybe thinking Walt was getting too big and takes him out.
Old 02-21-17, 04:31 PM
All Region

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
BB is definitely my favorite of all time, with TWD close behind. Glad to hear updates from Tallmadge, I've watched it front-to-back twice and will watch it again.

Hard to imagine a better written, or better acted show. ALL of the details matter in the story line from Season 1 forward. Simply amazing. Walt and Jessie are among the most complex, conflicted characters I have every seen.

Walt started down the road to making meth to earn a nest egg for his family, but along the way he totally lost his family. Heartbreaking and fascinating.

Jessie started out a low-life junkie/dealer, but it turns out he has a soft spot for children and has a real heart. As mad as he gets at Walt, he still cares. Very complex guy, and Aaron Paul does the best acting job of anyone on the show, IMO.

Hank, Saul, Mike and Skylar are also great characters. The ending of the series is perfect. So appreciative that they did not drag it out for more $$$.
Old 02-21-17, 05:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Man I'm not sure. I have to think that Walt dies in the end, most likely at the hands of Gus. Or does Walt kill Gus and take over. Maybe Skylar kills Walt to get all the money? Jesse certainly has to die...overdose? I'm usually really good at predicting endings, but this show is so complex...
Old 02-21-17, 05:06 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Man I'm not sure. I have to think that Walt dies in the end, most likely at the hands of Gus. Or does Walt kill Gus and take over. Maybe Skylar kills Walt to get all the money? Jesse certainly has to die...overdose? I'm usually really good at predicting endings, but this show is so complex...
It's a good thing you don't know! Interesting observations.
Old 02-21-17, 08:34 PM
All World

Quote:
One of the great aspects of the show, is that it truly does leave you guessing how exactly it ends.

Hell, going into the last episode, you still really don't know how it's going to end. But, it's not a screwball-type ending. It makes perfect sense. But, the story just keeping propelling you forward.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: