Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-21-18, 11:20 AM
All District

THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Manchester thread???

The Manchester thread has been on here for a week or two. Why was it taken down right after it was stated this kid was transferring to HOBAN. It was fine when St.V. was being discussed as his destination. But Hoban gets him and the mods completely remove the thread..WHY?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-18, 01:48 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
That’s a great question. Seems to me that Hoban carries more scrutiny and moderating than St V post’s. You would laugh at all of the Private messages and threats that I receive from St V posters.
Old 01-21-18, 02:46 PM
Moderated User

ClevelandLB is on a distinguished road
C'mon Chuck it can't be that bad.
Old 01-21-18, 07:37 PM
All Ohio

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
If the young man chooses St V he made good decision. If his family chooses to send him to Hoban and sit out according to the rules it can only be because someone from Hoban forced him at gunpoint and paid him to do it and put him on performance enhancing drugs shortly after the coaches took him out of school for lunch and provided the family with housing after they reached out via social media. Let’s be honest, nobody wants to talk about that on a serious football thread. Let me know if something was missed.
Old 01-21-18, 08:13 PM
All World

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
How many RB will Hoban field since their is one Football? Ty Dickerson, Traynum, Kobe Campbell, Collisin and now Wright. Players change positions for a chance at ring sacrificing their own careers? Do people check depth charts before making these decisions? QB Jordan Mick who could start for many High school programs will serve as a backup for all four years of HS Career or move to another position. Tyrrell must be the best Recruiter in Ohio!!! Will Wright spotted in the Knights Training facility receive the annual 8K in “financial aid”. D+T+S=$$$ 4����

Last edited by StarstoShine; 01-23-18 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-21-18, 09:00 PM
All Ohio

Some will play defense like Dickerson did while Sibley was there and some will play other positions like receiver or change completely like Salopek. It is not uncommon for an athletes to find their way on to a field. That is what good players do. Tyrrell does the most to get kids recruited compared to any school in Northeast Ohio so you are right.
Old 01-21-18, 09:29 PM
All Ohio

Starstoshine sounds worried about Hoban having too many RB’s and QB’s? Also his concern that they are throwing away their careers for rings and their lack of knowledge on depth charts!! LOL.

These kids want to compete and don’t care about any of that BS. All positions are open competition and the best kids will get on the field. Doesn’t matter who they or their parents are either. That’s why they come.
Old 01-21-18, 09:58 PM
All Ohio

All threads in which Hoban is mentioned are funny. Oh my goodness, a kid is considering Hoban!!!!!!! There has to be foul play! Call the OHSAA!!!! Start stalking social media.

Oh yeah, I forgot one. How about the time Hoban was turned into the OHSAA for practicing illegally in the spring. Some gumshoe driving down I-76 caught them red handed in broad daylight sneaking a practice, oh wait a minute why would Hoban have sticks and nets. Could it be LAX season???? True story.
Old 01-22-18, 07:26 AM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
This rumor is gaining momentum in Manchester and the family has done nothing to stop it. The other rumor is he is leaving because he and his father don't want him to switch to QB. If true, you have to wonder why he would give up half of the football, basketball and track seasons so as to not have a position switch? My gut tells me he is staying home.
Old 01-22-18, 07:35 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
How is this a "Manchester thread"!?! It should be renamed the"Paranoid Delusional Hoban Conspiracy Theory" thread. C'mon guys, ever get tired of nailing yourselves upon that Holy Cross!?!
Old 01-22-18, 07:57 AM
All Ohio

There is nothing to be paranoid about. All of this is a sad joke. Someone from St V should be able to recognize this. The same Junk was spewed about your school post Lebron and not that long ago when you had Paris Campbell and Donte Booker and win back to back. So what if a kid wants to transfer. If he is willing to sit out who cares. Colleges look at successful schools way before they look at small public schools in sub par leagues. Hoban and St V both have their phones ringing off the hook with parents trying to make things better for their kids. When it doesn’t work out the rumors start. I have been reading this junk for years and it is just funny now. By the way everything I mentioned above were actual complaints that were lodged and the OHSAA dismissed as no merit. That is why Catholic schools don’t get in trouble because 99% of this crap is made up. We both know it and have lived it. We should be defending each other instead of trying to one up another.
Old 01-22-18, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Bobby77, welcome to Yappi. You might want to review the Hoban threads from the last 3 or 4 years before you expend the emotion you seem to want to expend.

If this kid is going to Hoban for academics, good for him. If he's going to play with and against the best, good for him. If he's going for exposure, he and his parents are ill-informed. If a kid is good, colleges will find him whether he's playing for St. Ignatius or Akron North.
Old 01-22-18, 08:33 AM
All American

I DO recognize this! That is why it is so silly to read Hoban posters going on about the free pass that the Irish always get! You guys are getting the bulk of the bad press recently. But you guys are still the "nouveu riche" when it comes to Yappi disdain. St. V and Mooney and a handful of other schools have been at the forefront of this commentary for far longer than I care to remember. And to hear all this "Woe is me!" is just a little hard to take.
Old 01-22-18, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
...and with the mention of Hoban, so goes another thread...

Old 01-22-18, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
I thought Trayanum was the best player on Hoban's team against Avon, along with Rumler. Those two were the true difference-makers, though others had very good games too.
Old 01-22-18, 09:08 AM
All Ohio

I don’t agree Clark. I think we are making progress. Irish and I seem to be on the same page which is a huge therapy step forward. It’s just Hoban’s turn in the toilet.

St V is a wonderful school and so is Hoban. Neither deserves to be painted as they have on this board.

Can we talk about something less volitale like competitive balance or creating a private high school athletic association. LOL! Have a great week!
Old 01-22-18, 09:10 AM
All Ohio

Hoban has had a lot of players step up the past two years. Trayanum really showed out on the offensive side throughout the playoffs this year.
Old 01-22-18, 09:23 AM
All American

The big difference between the Hoban and St. V threads is that there always seemed to be a much more overt racial under current in the St. V threads which, to me, is just reprehensible.
Old 01-22-18, 09:40 AM
All Ohio

Irish, I agree it is reprehensible. You will never hear that from me. I enjoy the diversity at Hoban and all the kids are wonderful. I know many families from St V and would say the same regardless of skin color.

Clark, I agree kids can get noticed anywhere. Currently a student athlete will get more exposure at Hoban but that has not always been the case. Over 100 college coaches have been in Hoban since the quiet period ended. I doubt that is the case at Manchester. It will be harder to stand out at Hoban. A good player at Hoban will have more opportunities than a great player at Manchester at least for the near future.
Old 01-22-18, 10:07 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Irish, I agree it is reprehensible. You will never hear that from me. I enjoy the diversity at Hoban and all the kids are wonderful. I know many families from St V and would say the same regardless of skin color.

Clark, I agree kids can get noticed anywhere. Currently a student athlete will get more exposure at Hoban but that has not always been the case. Over 100 college coaches have been in Hoban since the quiet period ended. I doubt that is the case at Manchester. It will be harder to stand out at Hoban. A good player at Hoban will have more opportunities than a great player at Manchester at least for the near future.
Clark, that may be true, but Ohio State paid a visit to Manchester last week. No matter where you play, they find you.
Old 01-22-18, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Clark, that may be true, but Ohio State paid a visit to Manchester last week. No matter where you play, they find you.
That was exactly my point.
Old 01-22-18, 10:29 AM
All American

Quote:
That may very well be true. But you can't swing a shillelagh around the halls of St. V at any given time without hitting several D1, D2 or D3 recruiters! They will find you in the halls of Manchester, but it is a whole lot easier for you to find them in the halls of Hoban or St. V.
Old 01-22-18, 10:41 AM
All Ohio

If I am not mistaken, if you read through this we all kind of agree. I like the progress. See we can get along.
Old 01-22-18, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

Back to the kid. He's surprisingly strong for his size and has a build that could put on some muscle. He's also fast and elusive and has good hands. He'll play and see the ball wherever he goes or the OC is not doing his job. He split out wide quite a bit at Manchester so I could see him playing outside for Hoban.

As an aside, I hate to see a small community team lose its once in a generation player.
Old 01-23-18, 08:11 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But was it Urban that showed up?
Old 01-23-18, 12:10 PM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Urban was at Hoban a few days ago. Itís possible that it was he who was at Manchester as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-18, 12:53 PM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
Jason Candle, the Toledo coach was at Manchester the other day.
Old 01-23-18, 03:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
Jason Candle, the Toledo coach was at Manchester the other day.
That was to talk to Hettich.
Old 01-23-18, 03:16 PM
All Region

JP20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That was to talk to Hettich.
correct
Old 01-23-18, 03:40 PM
All Ohio

Urban Meyer spent a lot of time at Hoban Friday. I would be very surprised if he had to stop at Manchester? Can anyone confirm him at Manchester?