Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-08-18, 03:52 PM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
sadly I feel much of this^^^^^^ is true

wish I felt differently
Old 03-09-18, 08:19 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I think McKinley hired a new offensive coordinator but I don't know who he is. Maybe some insiders can do some digging.
Who did you get that info from,the same guy who said Reardon was movin on?
Old 03-09-18, 11:37 AM
All American

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Who did you get that info from,the same guy who said Reardon was movin on?
So why does hiring an offensive coordinator seem so far fetch?
Old 03-09-18, 12:07 PM
All District

GregG is on a distinguished road
Better be a minority candidate

If not, Iíll expect some McK fans to scream racism
Old 03-09-18, 02:38 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
McKinley returns a good QB and a good back up QB.

Anyone else know what else the Bulldogs return?

Not just starters but also kids who got playing time and those with good potential.
Old 03-15-18, 02:44 AM
All District

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I believe this to be from the Canton Rep. from the old gym bag article they use to have in the paper. It's almost impossible to find anything showing runner-ups.

http://letsgopups.com/virtualhof/alb...erClipping.jpg
Good find!
Old 03-15-18, 03:00 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
Better be a minority candidate

If not, Iíll expect some McK fans to scream
They are having a sale on sheets @ your favorite Wall-Mart. I'm surprised you have time to post!
Old 03-15-18, 03:03 PM
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!

DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
One final time...

Not once did I type McKinley was National Champions in 1981.
I’ve always said they finished second.
The poll in the prototype newspaper that was to become the USAToday and it may have been called that, at that picticular time, or not who cares had a debate between sportswriters the McKinley SHOULD have been #1 as they played an defeated Moeller who WAS ranked #1...Warner Robins did not defeat a school in the top 10 to take over 1st, McKinley did and that was the argument.

Thank you to those that have provided resources that ended this stupid dispute. I am under an obligation to provide accuracy as McKinley historian.
I will only use facts and I do try to the best of my ability.
Old 03-15-18, 04:16 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDawg View Post
One final time...

Iíve always said they finished second.
The poll in the prototype newspaper that was to become the USAToday and it may have been called that, at that picticular time, or not who cares had a debate between sportswriters the McKinley SHOULD have been #1 as they played an defeated Moeller who WAS ranked #1...Warner Robins did not defeat a school in the top 10 to take over 1st, McKinley did and that was the argument.

Thank you to those that have provided resources that ended this stupid dispute. I am under an obligation to provide accuracy as McKinley historian.
You do an outstanding job! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-15-18, 06:10 PM
All Ohio

Ts1960 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
One final time...

I’ve always said they finished second.

Actually you didn’t, you said they were national champs and that’s where the argument began, on the Massillonproud site when Rick owned it.

There was never a poll in that prototype newspaper at all nor was there a debate between sportswriters.

If you are under an obligation then you should be stating facts not this nonsense that you have continued to make up for years now.

The facts are there is no proof of any poll in any prototype newspaper the only poll was done by the NSNS.
Old 03-15-18, 06:10 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The poll in the prototype newspaper that was to become the USAToday and it may have been called that, at that picticular time, or not who cares had a debate between sportswriters the McKinley SHOULD have been #1 as they played an defeated Moeller who WAS ranked #1...Warner Robins did not defeat a school in the top 10 to take over 1st, McKinley did and that was the argument. ....
Not only that; but The Pups beat the Tigers, who at that point of the season were #5 in that same poll.

If 'Sox' had a scrapbook from '81 he may actually have a cut from that paper.

:>---

EGA
Old 03-15-18, 08:01 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
Not only that; but The Pups beat the Tigers, who at that point of the season were #5 in that same poll.

EGA

I believe you were thinking about the 1982 football season, when the Tigers lost to Moeller in the state title. The Tigers were 7-3 in 1981.
Old 03-15-18, 10:42 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Actually you didnít, you said they were national champs and thatís where the argument began, on the Massillonproud site when Rick owned it.

There was never a poll in that prototype newspaper at all nor was there a debate between sportswriters.

If you are under an obligation then you should be stating facts not this nonsense that you have continued to make up for years now.

The facts are there is no proof of any poll in any prototype newspaper the only poll was done by the NSNS.
And that is the poll that ranked McKinley #2 and Warner Robbins #1, and many disputed this because McKinley had beaten Moeller, who had won that same poll the year before, and had led that poll for most of the year in question. Not much more to argue about for either side. Move along please, nothing to see here, slow and steady and we'll all get home safe.
Old 03-16-18, 12:17 AM
All Ohio

Quote:

EGA
Do you have that poll from 81í which had Massillon ranked 5th going into week 10 ? Or is this just more made up bullsht from mck fans ?
Old 03-16-18, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
I believe you were thinking about the 1982 football season, when the Tigers lost to Moeller in the state title. The Tigers were 7-3 in 1981.
Yeah! / you are correct...old age is taking it's toll on me.

Oops Ts1960.

EGA
Old 03-16-18, 11:33 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
They are having a sale on sheets @ your favorite Wall-Mart. I'm surprised you have time to post!
I only shop at Maccyís for my sheets (higher thread count).

People like JJ are the ones who sheepishly believe politicians rhetoric and divide the country. Ex 49er Eric Reid is a perfect example, he hasnít been signed in the first three days of FA; who does he blame? Hateful white people b/c he knelt during the national anthem.

Rather than blaming white people about not catching breaks in a stupid HS game, maybe go around to these athletes explaining having multiple kids from multiple women isnít going to create change in this country isnít going to leave kids in a single family home. Those same kids join a gang and your senseless killings begin.
Old 03-16-18, 11:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Yeah! / you are correct...old age is taking it's toll on me.

Oops Ts1960.

EGA
Itís just chiefy jones, his other username Sloppy Sam is under moderation so heís scared to post lol
Old 03-17-18, 03:10 AM
All District

Quote:

People like JJ are the ones who sheepishly believe politicians rhetoric and divide the country. Ex 49er Eric Reid is a perfect example, he hasnít been signed in the first three days of FA; who does he blame? Hateful white people b/c he knelt during the national anthem.

Rather than blaming white people about not catching breaks in a stupid HS game, maybe go around to these athletes explaining having multiple kids from multiple women isnít going to create change in this country isnít going to leave kids in a single family home. Those same kids join a gang and your senseless killings begin.
Next time you should try using oxyclean on your Wal-Mart sheets. It might get some of your pesky brown stank streaks out!
Old 03-17-18, 03:40 AM
All Ohio

Quote:

Thank you for your philosophy Mr Duke.
Old 03-19-18, 10:23 AM
All District

Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
It’s not the whole league, just Jackson, Hoover and Lake. That’s been proven time and time again by sitting in the stands anytime those 3 schools play the Tigers or Bulldogs in any sports. I’m sure Raymo will agree with me on that.
GlenOak receives the same treatment but in some cases to a lesser degree. I've watched this year in and out. I've heard school chants calling kids future convicts, your parents work for my parents, we drive Lexus's. I've heard players called from the stands and even confronted parents about it. School administrators hear and see these actions but do not step in.

These suburban teams are allowed to chop block, hold/grab, play games with the clock and the refs swallow their whistle while the opposition is rung up for every infraction. At an STA basketball game vs St. Joe, I heard a ref say to a fan we're going to show them how to play basketball today, not street-ball. You can call a penalty on every play but to use your position to influence the game is dead wrong. Refs realize McK & GO are usually athletic teams so they try to compensate for the advantage. People say they are undisciplined - those are code words with underlying implications.

I have friends who are refs who will tell me of the bias in officiating but it is no different than anything else in this world. Race/Bias are deeply ingrained in the fabric of athletics, always has been and always will be but people try to say it doesn't exist and shout you down when it is brought up. Prejudice thrives in rural Stark County where you only have two diverse school systems. To ignore it and say it doesn't exist is to hide your head in the sand like many have done and will continue to do.
Old 03-19-18, 10:29 AM
All District

Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
Jesus, the subject doesn't matter to you does it? You see a fire, you throw gas on it.
No one ever said there are zero prejudiced fans, there are plenty on both sides of any stadium. The prejudice isn't as prevalent ON THE FIELD Do YOU believe there are zero McK fans who in the privacy of their cliques haven't made remarks regarding Jackson, Hoover, Perry and even Lakes community and culture?
Raymo said the problem was with the federal league teams, that's not true, not as a whole anyway. There will always be D bag racists and anyone subscribing to the notion that all federal league teams are racist are part of that group.
As for the 2018 Pups I predict they'll continue to compete for the Federal League championship, they're just that good.
it's on the field between the players and with some officials.
Old 03-19-18, 09:49 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Proud 64 View Post
I've heard school chants calling kids future convicts, your parents work for my parents, we drive Lexus's. I've heard players called from the stands and even confronted parents about it. School administrators hear and see these actions but do not step in.

People say they are undisciplined - those are code words with underlying implications.

Race/Bias are deeply ingrained in the fabric of athletics, always has been and always will be but people try to say it doesn't exist and shout you down when it is brought up. Prejudice thrives in rural Stark County where you only have two diverse school systems. To ignore it and say it doesn't exist is to hide your head in the sand like many have done and will continue to do.

Racial bias exists in all segments of society. To suggest it is 100% absent in the Federal League is foolish.
Old 03-20-18, 08:05 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Really hate to get into a racial conversation but it works both ways. Show up sometime with an all white team against an all black team and have two black refs out of the 3 show up! Trust me it usually doesn't work out for us.
Old 03-20-18, 09:33 AM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post

Racial bias exists in all segments of society. To suggest it is 100% absent in the Federal League is foolish.
Who ever said it was 100% absent?
Old 03-23-18, 05:39 AM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

True but neither isnt it 100% present. Sometimes its just a hold. Quit crying quit bitching and play the game.
Old 03-23-18, 05:44 AM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
The surest way to cripple your kids is to teach them that everything that goes against them is because of skin tone.
Old 03-23-18, 07:49 AM
Junior Varsity

FeartheNeer is on a distinguished road
Canton kids are not taught by people that things go against them because of skin tone Bob, they are taught by experience. Some of these kids have had things go against them their entire lives, some of their home lives are unimaginable. You don't have to teach these kids about disappropriations, they live it... We should strive to make their sports experience one of the few refuges they have from bias and discrimination. These kids are not asking for equal, just fair.
Old 03-23-18, 08:04 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So you admit it is on the McKinley side directed at others as well?

100% absent, no. A pervasive evil intertwined in these communities, no. Stop with the nonsense.
Old 03-23-18, 08:10 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
So you admit it is on the McKinley side directed at others as well?

100% absent, no. A pervasive evil intertwined in these communities, no. Stop with the nonsense.
Are you going to say there has never been a stigma associated with a few of those ďcommunitiesĒ that has went back 50-60 years at least ?
Smoke and fire...
Old 03-23-18, 08:12 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Proud 64 View Post
GlenOak receives the same treatment but in some cases to a lesser degree. I've watched this year in and out. I've heard school chants calling kids future convicts, your parents work for my parents, we drive Lexus's. I've heard players called from the stands and even confronted parents about it. School administrators hear and see these actions but do not step in.

These suburban teams are allowed to chop block, hold/grab, play games with the clock and the refs swallow their whistle while the opposition is rung up for every infraction. At an STA basketball game vs St. Joe, I heard a ref say to a fan we're going to show them how to play basketball today, not street-ball. You can call a penalty on every play but to use your position to influence the game is dead wrong. Refs realize McK & GO are usually athletic teams so they try to compensate for the advantage. People say they are undisciplined - those are code words with underlying implications.

I have friends who are refs who will tell me of the bias in officiating but it is no different than anything else in this world. Race/Bias are deeply ingrained in the fabric of athletics, always has been and always will be but people try to say it doesn't exist and shout you down when it is brought up. Prejudice thrives in rural Stark County where you only have two diverse school systems. To ignore it and say it doesn't exist is to hide your head in the sand like many have done and will continue to do.
Jackson does those same chants at Hoover...has nothing to do with race. Has to do with them being arrogant entitled brats.

To imply the vast majority of refs are racist and out to get certain schools is a joke. But hey I guess it makes McKinleys accomplishments seem even better to imply they had to overcome not only the opposition but the refs too.

Then again it could be your own racism that leads you to believe most white people are racist