Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-18, 09:56 PM
ghs57 ghs57 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-12-08
Posts: 23
ghs57 is on a distinguished road
Lance Schneider

Why won't some AD give Lance a chance. I watched him play in high school(where he learned how to coach from his Dad), to helping Big Mike at Wayne, and as a Head Coach at Northmont High where he had a very successful tenure. That is until He made a small mistake and one of his trusted assistant coaches threw him under the bus(just because he wanted Lances job)(which the dumb a@# school board gave to him.) Lance has more knowledge of how to coach and get the best out of his players than 90% of the coaches in this southwestern part of the state. He truly is a leader, father figure, and a caring young man who myself and a lot of others think should be given a chance again.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-11-18, 11:33 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,888
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghs57 View Post
Why won't some AD give Lance a chance. I watched him play in high school(where he learned how to coach from his Dad), to helping Big Mike at Wayne, and as a Head Coach at Northmont High where he had a very successful tenure. That is until He made a small mistake and one of his trusted assistant coaches threw him under the bus(just because he wanted Lances job)(which the dumb a@# school board gave to him.) Lance has more knowledge of how to coach and get the best out of his players than 90% of the coaches in this southwestern part of the state. He truly is a leader, father figure, and a caring young man who myself and a lot of others think should be given a chance again.
How did he throw him under the bus? What happened?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-18, 12:22 AM
VBHSFB04 VBHSFB04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-03-17
Location: Butler Twp
Posts: 139
VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghs57 View Post
Why won't some AD give Lance a chance. I watched him play in high school(where he learned how to coach from his Dad), to helping Big Mike at Wayne, and as a Head Coach at Northmont High where he had a very successful tenure. That is until He made a small mistake and one of his trusted assistant coaches threw him under the bus(just because he wanted Lances job)(which the dumb a@# school board gave to him.) Lance has more knowledge of how to coach and get the best out of his players than 90% of the coaches in this southwestern part of the state. He truly is a leader, father figure, and a caring young man who myself and a lot of others think should be given a chance again.
Not the AD's call. Coaches need Board approval. He lost his teaching license and that's a major problem for him.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-18, 03:37 AM
Salesman Salesman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-24-11
Posts: 283
Salesman is on a distinguished road
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...ZDHmbiIokHMTJ/

Speaking as a former AD, I wouldn't touch this guy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-18, 06:02 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,765
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
When will people quit using email to send controversial messages. Leaves a history, not real smart on his part.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-18, 06:58 AM
1995 1995 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-30-08
Posts: 234
1995 is on a distinguished road
If you think the current head coach had anything to do with the email being sent or Lance being fired you are mistaken and need to get your facts straight.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-18, 10:12 AM
bagobones bagobones is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-30-17
Posts: 101
bagobones is on a distinguished road
That e-mail he sent to his coaches reads like he is a caring, father figure kind of guy.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-18, 12:49 PM
HSsportfan HSsportfan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-07-15
Posts: 127
HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Yes. Lance made a mistake. Most coaches do what Lance did. His mistake was to do it via email where there was a record.

Many people in life have made worse mistakes. And most are given second chances. Lance deserves a chance to redeem himself.

He is a quality coach and person. He would be a great addition to any program.

He deserves the opportunity. I hope someone is willing to hire him. I know they won’t be disappointed!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-12-18, 01:11 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,765
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Parkway job is open. Can turn that program around he is a heck of a coach.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-12-18, 04:59 PM
blahblah4everything blahblah4everything is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-08
Location: Bolts, Bucks & Bengals
Posts: 1,331
blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghs57 View Post
Why won't some AD give Lance a chance.
Where has he applied?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-12-18, 05:04 PM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Posts: 810
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
Yes. Lance made a mistake. Most coaches do what Lance did. His mistake was to do it via email where there was a record.

Many people in life have made worse mistakes. And most are given second chances. Lance deserves a chance to redeem himself.

He is a quality coach and person. He would be a great addition to any program.

He deserves the opportunity. I hope someone is willing to hire him. I know they won’t be disappointed!!!

What you think and the outlook of an AD looking to fill a position based on past character are on two different wavelengths.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-12-18, 05:27 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 911
yakyak is on a distinguished road
I am sure he preached to his players that one mistake can cost you dearly in a game. Its amplified in life. He mad a dumb choice. There is nothing saying that will not haunt him for a long time. But, everyone needs a second chance so hopefully his opportunity will come along.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-13-18, 09:29 AM
SW FB Fan SW FB Fan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-14-03
Location: Ohio
Posts: 84
SW FB Fan is on a distinguished road
It is amazing how no district has given him a chance.....not even as an assistant. How long will he be punished for this ? After reading this EMail I can only say that what our coaches of the day said to us was a whole lot worse. I know he was hired as the AD at Fenwick.....then they quickly pulled the offer due to parent complaints. So much for the " forgiveness " factor ! Everyone deserves a second chance and this guy does too. Three or four years " sentence " is crazy. He was not using drugs, being with a student or committing a felony. Just do not see the logic of a school district not giving him a chance after he made a mistake by the comments in the EMail. If we learn from our mistakes, I am sure he has with the number of years he has been out of the game.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-13-18, 09:58 AM
NewOldBlood NewOldBlood is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-08-17
Posts: 224
NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
Not the AD's call. Coaches need Board approval. He lost his teaching license and that's a major problem for him.
Why did he lose his teaching license? Because of the email?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-13-18, 10:09 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,061
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Being "flip" as a means of thinking one has a sense of humor is unfortunately a culture that when called out, has it's dinasaur supporters whose favorite words are, "snowflake," "grow a pair,"....

Their egos can't even consider that they might be wrong. So, harsh punishment is about the only way to make a stand for evolution.

The guy seems to recognize that he caused his own problem and it wasn't the email. It wasn't "getting caught." With such a dearth of adults willing to spend the time it takes to coach, let alone head coach, maybe someone will see an opportunity with the guy. At some point, evolution also demands you stop making people apologize.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-13-18, 04:36 PM
fbrox fbrox is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-23-10
Posts: 623
fbrox is on a distinguished road
Hire Lance and you also get one of the best offensive minds as QB coaches in the state of Ohio, his father Mike. Lance knows he messed up, he paid a heavy price. It's time for a division 4-7 school to hire him. He would be so loyal to any school that gave him another chance that he would stay as long as he was welcome. It's time to let him have another chance. Too good of a coach to make this a permanent ban.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-13-18, 07:58 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,471
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Hire Lance and you also get one of the best offensive minds as QB coaches in the state of Ohio, his father Mike. Lance knows he messed up, he paid a heavy price. It's time for a division 4-7 school to hire him. He would be so loyal to any school that gave him another chance that he would stay as long as he was welcome. It's time to let him have another chance. Too good of a coach to make this a permanent ban.
Like Stirred already said, he should've applied at Parkway. If he could turn them around, he'll be there as long as he feels like. I think he at least deserves the chance to redeem himself.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-14-18, 09:58 AM
MSU2016 MSU2016 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-22-14
Posts: 177
MSU2016 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
Not the AD's call. Coaches need Board approval. He lost his teaching license and that's a major problem for him.
I believe his teaching license was suspended, not lost. I think he should get it back in June or July.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-14-18, 11:49 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,132
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghs57 View Post
Why won't some AD give Lance a chance. I watched him play in high school(where he learned how to coach from his Dad), to helping Big Mike at Wayne, and as a Head Coach at Northmont High where he had a very successful tenure. That is until He made a small mistake and one of his trusted assistant coaches threw him under the bus(just because he wanted Lances job)(which the dumb a@# school board gave to him.) Lance has more knowledge of how to coach and get the best out of his players than 90% of the coaches in this southwestern part of the state. He truly is a leader, father figure, and a caring young man who myself and a lot of others think should be given a chance again.
who was the coach that did that>?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-18, 11:53 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,132
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
When will people quit using email to send controversial messages. Leaves a history, not real smart on his part.
he should have done a Hilary on those emails........bleached, smashed phones, etc
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-14-18, 11:54 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,132
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Like Stirred already said, he should've applied at Parkway. If he could turn them around, he'll be there as long as he feels like. I think he at least deserves the chance to redeem himself.
i think that he was in the running for the Fort Loramie job
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-14-18, 04:41 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,471
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
i think that he was in the running for the Fort Loramie job
That would've been a good job for him as well. I think Loramie hired the right person though.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-14-18, 05:19 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,221
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
Yes. Lance made a mistake. Most coaches do what Lance did.
I doubt that most coaches do anything this outrageously stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-14-18, 06:48 PM
rghrider98 rghrider98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-28-06
Posts: 901
rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
Many will talk it in that manner behind closed doors but certainly not send it out in an email along those lines.

Someone who sends out an email along those lines has some major ego issues.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-14-18, 10:16 PM
VBHSFB04 VBHSFB04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-03-17
Location: Butler Twp
Posts: 139
VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU2016 View Post
I believe his teaching license was suspended, not lost. I think he should get it back in June or July.
Yes. Your correct. I failed to give the proper term there.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-15-18, 10:21 AM
blahblah4everything blahblah4everything is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-08
Location: Bolts, Bucks & Bengals
Posts: 1,331
blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghrider98 View Post
Someone who sends out an email along those lines has some major ego issues.
This wasn't the only time he freely shared his repartee. I thought his dismissal was extreme but I guess it finally caught up to him.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-15-18, 01:51 PM
TheBenchwarmer TheBenchwarmer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-09-06
Location: Clayton
Posts: 994
TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
I agree that Schneider deserves another shot to be a HC. I would like to also see former Vandalia coach Hyatt back on the sidelines too. Two great football minds. Who knows maybe someday they could team up. It would definitely be a strong combonation.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-15-18, 04:07 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,471
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
I agree that Schneider deserves another shot to be a HC. I would like to also see former Vandalia coach Hyatt back on the sidelines too. Two great football minds. Who knows maybe someday they could team up. It would definitely be a strong combonation.
He did a pretty good job at his 1 year at Bradford for what he had to work with. Maybe another CCC job will open for him.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-15-18, 05:27 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 911
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
I agree that Schneider deserves another shot to be a HC. I would like to also see former Vandalia coach Hyatt back on the sidelines too. Two great football minds. Who knows maybe someday they could team up. It would definitely be a strong combonation.
Football mind is 1/3 the challenge. A lot of football minds out there, not hard to know X's and O's, it is all the other stuff. The "other" 2/3 is where historically it seems the parties listed need improvement.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JWC hosts LANCE PALMER 4TimeFunk Wrestling 1 06-08-17 02:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz