Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-11-18, 09:56 PM
Freshman

ghs57 is on a distinguished road
Lance Schneider

Why won't some AD give Lance a chance. I watched him play in high school(where he learned how to coach from his Dad), to helping Big Mike at Wayne, and as a Head Coach at Northmont High where he had a very successful tenure. That is until He made a small mistake and one of his trusted assistant coaches threw him under the bus(just because he wanted Lances job)(which the dumb a@# school board gave to him.) Lance has more knowledge of how to coach and get the best out of his players than 90% of the coaches in this southwestern part of the state. He truly is a leader, father figure, and a caring young man who myself and a lot of others think should be given a chance again.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-18, 11:33 PM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghs57 View Post
Why won't some AD give Lance a chance. I watched him play in high school(where he learned how to coach from his Dad), to helping Big Mike at Wayne, and as a Head Coach at Northmont High where he had a very successful tenure. That is until He made a small mistake and one of his trusted assistant coaches threw him under the bus(just because he wanted Lances job)(which the dumb a@# school board gave to him.) Lance has more knowledge of how to coach and get the best out of his players than 90% of the coaches in this southwestern part of the state. He truly is a leader, father figure, and a caring young man who myself and a lot of others think should be given a chance again.
How did he throw him under the bus? What happened?
Old 03-12-18, 12:22 AM
All District

VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not the AD's call. Coaches need Board approval. He lost his teaching license and that's a major problem for him.
Old 03-12-18, 03:37 AM
All Region

Salesman is on a distinguished road
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...ZDHmbiIokHMTJ/

Speaking as a former AD, I wouldn't touch this guy.
Old 03-12-18, 06:02 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
When will people quit using email to send controversial messages. Leaves a history, not real smart on his part.
Old 03-12-18, 06:58 AM
All District

1995 is on a distinguished road
If you think the current head coach had anything to do with the email being sent or Lance being fired you are mistaken and need to get your facts straight.
Old 03-12-18, 10:12 AM
All District

bagobones is on a distinguished road
That e-mail he sent to his coaches reads like he is a caring, father figure kind of guy.
Old 03-12-18, 12:49 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Yes. Lance made a mistake. Most coaches do what Lance did. His mistake was to do it via email where there was a record.

Many people in life have made worse mistakes. And most are given second chances. Lance deserves a chance to redeem himself.

He is a quality coach and person. He would be a great addition to any program.

He deserves the opportunity. I hope someone is willing to hire him. I know they won’t be disappointed!!!
Old 03-12-18, 01:11 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Parkway job is open. Can turn that program around he is a heck of a coach.
Old 03-12-18, 04:59 PM
All American

blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why won't some AD give Lance a chance.
Where has he applied?
Old 03-12-18, 05:04 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
Yes. Lance made a mistake. Most coaches do what Lance did. His mistake was to do it via email where there was a record.

Many people in life have made worse mistakes. And most are given second chances. Lance deserves a chance to redeem himself.

He is a quality coach and person. He would be a great addition to any program.

He deserves the opportunity. I hope someone is willing to hire him. I know they won’t be disappointed!!!

What you think and the outlook of an AD looking to fill a position based on past character are on two different wavelengths.
Old 03-12-18, 05:27 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
I am sure he preached to his players that one mistake can cost you dearly in a game. Its amplified in life. He mad a dumb choice. There is nothing saying that will not haunt him for a long time. But, everyone needs a second chance so hopefully his opportunity will come along.
Old 03-13-18, 09:29 AM
Varsity

SW FB Fan is on a distinguished road
It is amazing how no district has given him a chance.....not even as an assistant. How long will he be punished for this ? After reading this EMail I can only say that what our coaches of the day said to us was a whole lot worse. I know he was hired as the AD at Fenwick.....then they quickly pulled the offer due to parent complaints. So much for the " forgiveness " factor ! Everyone deserves a second chance and this guy does too. Three or four years " sentence " is crazy. He was not using drugs, being with a student or committing a felony. Just do not see the logic of a school district not giving him a chance after he made a mistake by the comments in the EMail. If we learn from our mistakes, I am sure he has with the number of years he has been out of the game.
Old 03-13-18, 09:58 AM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
Not the AD's call. Coaches need Board approval. He lost his teaching license and that's a major problem for him.
Why did he lose his teaching license? Because of the email?
Old 03-13-18, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Being "flip" as a means of thinking one has a sense of humor is unfortunately a culture that when called out, has it's dinasaur supporters whose favorite words are, "snowflake," "grow a pair,"....

Their egos can't even consider that they might be wrong. So, harsh punishment is about the only way to make a stand for evolution.

The guy seems to recognize that he caused his own problem and it wasn't the email. It wasn't "getting caught." With such a dearth of adults willing to spend the time it takes to coach, let alone head coach, maybe someone will see an opportunity with the guy. At some point, evolution also demands you stop making people apologize.
Old 03-13-18, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
Hire Lance and you also get one of the best offensive minds as QB coaches in the state of Ohio, his father Mike. Lance knows he messed up, he paid a heavy price. It's time for a division 4-7 school to hire him. He would be so loyal to any school that gave him another chance that he would stay as long as he was welcome. It's time to let him have another chance. Too good of a coach to make this a permanent ban.
Old 03-13-18, 07:58 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Hire Lance and you also get one of the best offensive minds as QB coaches in the state of Ohio, his father Mike. Lance knows he messed up, he paid a heavy price. It's time for a division 4-7 school to hire him. He would be so loyal to any school that gave him another chance that he would stay as long as he was welcome. It's time to let him have another chance. Too good of a coach to make this a permanent ban.
Like Stirred already said, he should've applied at Parkway. If he could turn them around, he'll be there as long as he feels like. I think he at least deserves the chance to redeem himself.
Old 03-14-18, 09:58 AM
All District

MSU2016 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
I believe his teaching license was suspended, not lost. I think he should get it back in June or July.
Old 03-14-18, 11:49 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
who was the coach that did that>?
Old 03-14-18, 11:53 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
When will people quit using email to send controversial messages. Leaves a history, not real smart on his part.
he should have done a Hilary on those emails........bleached, smashed phones, etc
Old 03-14-18, 11:54 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Like Stirred already said, he should've applied at Parkway. If he could turn them around, he'll be there as long as he feels like. I think he at least deserves the chance to redeem himself.
i think that he was in the running for the Fort Loramie job
Old 03-14-18, 04:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
i think that he was in the running for the Fort Loramie job
That would've been a good job for him as well. I think Loramie hired the right person though.
Old 03-14-18, 05:19 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
Yes. Lance made a mistake. Most coaches do what Lance did.
I doubt that most coaches do anything this outrageously stupid.
Old 03-14-18, 06:48 PM
All Ohio

rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
Many will talk it in that manner behind closed doors but certainly not send it out in an email along those lines.

Someone who sends out an email along those lines has some major ego issues.
Old 03-14-18, 10:16 PM
All District

VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU2016 View Post
I believe his teaching license was suspended, not lost. I think he should get it back in June or July.
Yes. Your correct. I failed to give the proper term there.
Old 03-15-18, 10:21 AM
All American

blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghrider98 View Post
Someone who sends out an email along those lines has some major ego issues.
This wasn't the only time he freely shared his repartee. I thought his dismissal was extreme but I guess it finally caught up to him.
Old 03-15-18, 01:51 PM
All Ohio

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
I agree that Schneider deserves another shot to be a HC. I would like to also see former Vandalia coach Hyatt back on the sidelines too. Two great football minds. Who knows maybe someday they could team up. It would definitely be a strong combonation.
Old 03-15-18, 04:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
I agree that Schneider deserves another shot to be a HC. I would like to also see former Vandalia coach Hyatt back on the sidelines too. Two great football minds. Who knows maybe someday they could team up. It would definitely be a strong combonation.
He did a pretty good job at his 1 year at Bradford for what he had to work with. Maybe another CCC job will open for him.
Old 03-15-18, 05:27 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Football mind is 1/3 the challenge. A lot of football minds out there, not hard to know X's and O's, it is all the other stuff. The "other" 2/3 is where historically it seems the parties listed need improvement.