Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-17, 12:19 PM
All District

XS#1 is on a distinguished road
Lake Blue Streaks baseball learn some class.

What does everybody think of a guy that almost gets hit in head with a pitch and the other team says next time it will be in your head. Then they hit a kid in head and cheer about it. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-17, 12:37 PM
Junior Varsity

USAF is on a distinguished road
Fight
Old 03-28-17, 01:17 PM
All Region

KINGOFTHEJUNGLE is on a distinguished road
My thoughts are that there should be an out of a job high school baseball coach.
Old 03-28-17, 06:29 PM
All District

02slider is on a distinguished road
Attitude reflects leadership
Old 03-28-17, 06:40 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
I seriously hope that didn't happen. If so, there needs to be consequences all around of all sorts.
Old 03-28-17, 09:38 PM
All Ohio

buckeyes42 is on a distinguished road
There is no room for that in baseball period, think we just had an issue with that in Louisiana and Team was winning 19-0. That's all leadership at the top or should I say lack of leadership
Old 03-29-17, 05:17 AM
All Ohio

boomer24 is on a distinguished road
IIRC, that's a new HC at Lake this year? Probably not a good way to start things off...
Old 03-29-17, 07:08 AM
Varsity

Baseball4Life! is on a distinguished road
If the players said it loud enough that fans heard then the Umpire should have also heard it. If that was the case then he should've taken charge and warned the team/coach or ejected the players saying that. Definitely eject the pitcher that hit him.
Old 03-29-17, 07:39 AM
Freshman

Bluestreakbaseball is on a distinguished road
As a Lake baseball parent present at the game yesterday first let me apologize if there were any perceived negative behaviors from our players or coaches. I myself did not see or hear anything derogatory from Lake players or coaches nor do I believe any would play the game in that manner. We live in a small town with small town values. I can assure you discipline and respect are demanded from our coaches and community! I've watched our coach in his short tenure demand the best from his players and know if he knew or heard any player speak in a derogatory tone toward the other team punishment would have been dealt in a swift manner.
Old 03-29-17, 07:55 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Here's a thought. Before anyone flies off of the handle based on an unsubstantiated web forum report, speak to Perry's coach and get all sides of the story.
Old 03-29-17, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Here's a thought. Before anyone flies off of the handle based on an unsubstantiated web forum report, speak to Perry's coach and get all sides of the story.
This thread was opened on Tuesday, 3/28, at 01:19 PM, which leads me to believe the originator was referencing the Streetsboro game on Monday. (judging by the Lake baseball schedule)
Old 03-29-17, 08:59 AM
All District

OEBNorthGM is on a distinguished road
Lake played Perry yesterday. That's the game he was referring to.
Old 03-29-17, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEBNorthGM View Post
That's my understanding.
Old 03-29-17, 09:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEBNorthGM View Post
Ahh, thanks! I was confused... didn't know Lake played their game during the day. After checking the @Lake_Athletics Twitter account, I see it was a 12PM start time... which makes sense now. Thanks! Which means this person posted to Yappi while at the game, or left the game early to post on Yappi?
Old 03-29-17, 11:15 AM
All District

Trust me when I say that's exactly what happened. There was more than one person that heard the comments. Hopefully the coach did hear it. I don't know how they could not have. I'm all for being competitive but there is no room for this on the baseball field.
Old 03-29-17, 11:35 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XS#1 View Post
Trust me when I say that's exactly what happened. There was more than one person that heard the comments. Hopefully the coach did hear it. I don't know how they could not have. I'm all for being competitive but there is no room for this on the baseball field.
I have to call you on this! This did not happen it did not come from our dugout or our players! I was next to the dugout and never heard a derogatory word! We did have a group of students who laughed when one of our players (Lake) was hit in the head by a pitch (after they realized he was fine)
Old 03-29-17, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

So both teams had players hit in the head?
Old 03-29-17, 12:13 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
So both teams had players hit in the head?
Yes!
Old 03-29-17, 12:25 PM
Varsity

Baseball4Life! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Still wondering how the ump didn't do anything about this? If so many people heard them say it how did he not hear anything?
Old 03-29-17, 01:09 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball4Life! View Post
Still wondering how the ump didn't do anything about this? If so many people heard them say it how did he not hear anything?
It was not addressed by the umpire because our players did not say anything!
Old 03-29-17, 01:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So, tell me, what did the ump do? What did the Perry coach do?
Old 03-29-17, 01:42 PM
Freshman

Quote:
So, tell me, what did the ump do? What did the Perry coach do?
XS#1 please answer this. I believe it will clear up a lot of things for the folks not at the game. I just spoke to a Perry coach. He didn't hear anything either.
Old 03-29-17, 02:54 PM
All District

The one thing I am going to clear up about this matter is that not at any time do I believe that this was intentionally done by the pitcher. This seems to be the biggest misconception I'm getting on my end. I will be on the Perry side tonight with a grey and white Perry hat on if you have any other questions.
Old 03-29-17, 03:01 PM
Freshman

Quote:
The one thing I am going to clear up about this matter is that not at any time do I believe that this was intentionally done by the pitcher. This seems to be the biggest misconception I'm getting on my end. I will be on the Perry side tonight with a grey and white Perry hat on if you have any other questions.
The biggest misconception is you accusing our players of something that no coach can verify nor did the umpire acknowledge.
Old 03-29-17, 03:07 PM
All District

Like I said I'll be at the game or give me a call (330)224-3212. I've already reached out to the coach to talk to him about it. Waiting on a call back.
Old 03-29-17, 03:31 PM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well that's certainly not how I took it after reading your original post. You absolutely made it sound like you thought it was intentional....and I'm sure everyone who read it thought you meant it that way
Old 03-29-17, 03:36 PM
All District

Well that was my mistake. I should have added that to the original post. I apologize if that's what people thought.
Old 03-29-17, 04:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What does everybody think of a guy that almost gets hit in head with a pitch and the other team says next time it will be in your head. Then they hit a kid in head and cheer about it. Thoughts?
How else in God's name could that be interpreted? Add the words in the thread to the terms used in the thread title and it's clearly intended to mean that Lake intentionally hit a kid and it was classless. Backpedaling doesn't make it any less libelous.
Old 03-29-17, 05:19 PM
All District

Quote:
How else in God's name could that be interpreted? Add the words in the thread to the terms used in the thread title and it's clearly intended to mean that Lake intentionally hit a kid and it was classless. Backpedaling doesn't make it any less libelous.
The 2 events mentioned were not the same kid. Not backpedaling at the least. I could have definitely worded it differently. Listen all I know is that both of these incidents happened. I have no reason to lie about. All that's getting accomplished here is he said she said.
Old 03-29-17, 05:45 PM
Freshman

Quote:
The 2 events mentioned were not the same kid. Not backpedaling at the least. I could have definitely worded it differently. Listen all I know is that both of these incidents happened. I have no reason to lie about. All that's getting accomplished here is he said she said.
Not sure if it's possible, but you need to delete this. There is a lack of credibility in your word.

Last edited by Bluestreakbaseball; 03-29-17 at 06:16 PM.
Closed Thread