Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-25-17, 04:10 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Forgot about Scioto getting a much needed win on Friday with the shutout . I thin the Irish can get some things done vs Bradley defense , they have enough playmakers to move the ball some but can they slow down the offense? Irish will be favored in a few after that and I really believe they can win 4 out of 5 down the stretch. They can have a big impact on some folks post season hopes.

Jerome as expected is improving, obviously no shame in losing top PN as they may be the best team in CO , and Orange defense is excellent , but as the Celts get healthier and gain confidence and keep improving they way they have , it will be 7-3 worst case scenario and a possible play-off date with Coffman if the Rocks take care of business? DELICIOUS would be great for the community and definitely be as big a first round crowd as any in the area for sure . The basketball game last spring was an awesome atmosphere and a football game in the play-offs would be HUGE.

High school football to me is split into 3 and a half parts . The off-season conditioning / 7 0n 7/ Team camp , / two a days and scrimmages is the first part. Part two is The first 5 weeks which is a time to play non conference games , interesting crossover games and figure out what you do best and do more of it, and what your weaknesses are and how to improve on those and deal with them.

Third part is the push for the play-offs , try to win your conference and improve weekly as you get closer to the paly-offs so you can MAKE the play-offs . Obviously more teams than not only have three parts , they don't have that half part that includes a play-off game or three or four for the fortunate and or gifted and strong .

Rocks enter phase three on a two game losing streak, but I think the team grew up in the second half of the Gahanna game and outplayed them in that half , but Gahanna is gifted and talented and made a couple big time plays and got the win , Gahanna was a last second long pass from Elder from being undefeated . They ran roughshod over people and at times it looked like the Rocks might get run out of their own stadium .

But they refused to let that happen and pounded the rock and made some plays . Offensive line is growing up , put on some big boy pants and did a nice job eventually . Team will only get better from here, have to have the mindset that they league is theirs to win and take care of business .

It starts with an improved Marysville team who played Olentangy who is the only common opponent better than the Rocks ? Well we know comparative scores are not accurate assessments in many cases , teams are not the same each week , performance , motivation and execution changes each week the best teams are the more consistent teams. Rocks will be properly motivated here, at home against a team that has shown some strength and improvement , another opportunity to show their stuff on defense here . Offense will take care of it self in time , but Friday the defense has to get some hats on Rush contain the smallish elusive QB and grind them down, get some turnovers that they haven't been able to get as many of the last couple weeks and start phase three with a big win as they push for the play-offs .

Most season goals are still attainable , it's grind time starting this afternoon .
Old 09-27-17, 06:58 AM
All World

Will it be a " Country out" 2013 game at Coffman was a barnburner, Coffman at 1-3 and down to a 4th and 6 to determine their season and a possible play-off berth. they converted as QB Beckett rolled away from pressure and the Monarchs left the receiver Turner alone down the sideline for the TD trying to stop him from running for the first down , Rocks held on and won out making the play-offs and wining a game handily vs Centerville a team that beat them up in a scrimmage .

Fast forward 4 years and the situation isn't the same but it is still an interesting game . Rocks off of two losses , the last one a heartbreaker after a nice second half rally look to right the ship as they start league play. I think they will want to reassert themselves defensively after a couple weeks of giving up more than they would have liked.

Of course against Olentangy it wasn't on them really, short fields and being put in some bad spots by the offense hurt them badly. Not a bad performance overall , not their best effort but not on them .

Last week they ran into a real smooth offensive outfit who had talent everywhere , Gahanna was a last second long pass away from being undefeated. this week it 's a bit different.

Marysville I think after YOTW is a excellent story of a program coming back . They were ahead of Liberty in the 4th , they were tied with a few minutes left last week vs Olentangy , both games were at home where the Monarchs get really good support . They also travel well when they have a good club .

I expect them to have a decent turnout this Friday at Coffman stadium . Will we see a 'Country out" again as I mentioned, ? Looking at some clips from M-Ville games it seems they are sturdier up front , have some more size there than they have had lately, are playing better defense and their effort is really high.

They seem to be getting a few big plays from their horse at RB/ LB Thomas Rush on the ground as he broke one vs Tangy to tie it up , and against Liberty they got a turnover deep in the Patriots territory to score and Rush got loose a few times . They have a smaller athletic QB who runs a round a bit and can make plays .

Playing better defense, more strength up front , and Rush hitting a three run homer is what seems to be keeping the Monarchs closer to good teams than they have been since 2013.

That 2013 team was a spread team that had a few solid athletes with a little shake and the ability to get up field after the catch and a decent running game . A legit play-off team with a QB Mulholland who got the ball into his guys hands accurately .

This year? They aren't going to make the play-offs unless they win out . Will they be a version of the 2013 Coffman Rocks team? Probably not , but it is a fact that they can win out and have over an 80 percent chance of sneaking in . The close loss to Jack Alder to start the season was a back-breaker really. I feel if they played again now Marysville rolls , but that was then .

The start of league play is a big rallying cry of the underachieving , rebuilding and underperforming programs, a kind of fresh start , something to play for . The carrot is a league title which is very desirable play-off berth or not.

On Friday everyone is 0-0 in the Central , no doubt Brian White is telling his kids the league title is still possible, ditto for Joel Cutler . Marysville is another team that has proven it can hang with good programs this year , they are also likely having this discussion with their players.

Coffman knows this is a better M-Ville team than they one they pummeled on Thursday night lights last year { 49-7} and they know they are playing a team that is much more confident and better equipped to play them tough . Rocks are hungry for a league title , they thought they would get it last year and expected it, a close loss to Davidson who played a great game ruined that . A dominant play-off win over Davidson a few weeks later made no difference , they weren't league champs, Davidson was.

Friday is a big game against a team that isn't afraid of anyone clearly and thinks it can come into Coffman stadium and hang with the Rocks if not beat them . They saw Coffman struggle with Olentangy , they weren't in the game as long as they were with this club?

Rocks have a great opportunity to make a statement that the league is theirs to lose and do better than possible play off opponents { Liberty and Olentangy} did . It al starts with the defense and getting back to controlling the field position game getting a couple turnovers and getting a big win .
Old 09-27-17, 09:00 AM
All Region

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Coach Johnson is taking a one game at a time approach so there is no talk of league title or playoffs. He does not want the boys looking ahead but looking at what is in front of them.

Liberty and Olentangy took Marysville for granted and got unexpectedly punched in the mouth as the Monarchs came to play. Their frustration started to show but in the end their depth and talent prevailed. Marysville is gaining confidence and the coaches are doing a better job rotating the big guys that are going both ways.

The Monarchs will come into Coffman Stadium hungry for that "Signature" win. Now they are not going to "sneak" up on anybody.

For Coffman, who will no doubt be hungry after two tough loses, the question is will they take the country boys serious after steamrolling them the last three years. The Seniors were 8th graders for that 2013 game, they do not recall a Marysville team that was good.

For Marysville the question is how they respond to playing a more talented team that is just as hungry as they are. They came back fighting against Grove City after the Greyhounds got back in the game. Expect Coffman to be playing at a different level then Grove City. If Marysville can keep up the intensity and keep the game close anything can happen.
Old 09-27-17, 10:41 AM
All World

I didn't mean they would be looking ahead at a league title, but rather this being the FIRST WEEK of league play would be a motivating factor may be that's all . Of course every football coach known to man will say one game at a time .

And of course there is no looking past Coffman , Westland? May be but for M-Ville there is no looking past this week and Coffman as well for that matter . I do believe that those teams didn't pay proper respect and going on the road with a nice home crowd representing I am not shocked at the scores . Olentangy emptied their bucket vs Coffman, played with an incredible energy and passion , let down wasn't a surprise .

Don't think Coffman players are thinking that M-Vile is a pushover , many first time starters who didn't participate a ton in this game last year or two years ago . It will be interesting to see how both teams respond .
Old 09-27-17, 10:52 AM
Varsity

Scrumper is on a distinguished road
I believe that the game will be decided by who wins the battle between Coffman's Defense and Marysville's offense.
I think that Coffman's offense will be able to put up 28pts with a power run game. Can Coffman's Defense hold Marysville offense to 28?
Old 09-27-17, 10:58 AM
Freshman

mdavis01 is on a distinguished road
Coffman Alumni Looking for Help

Good afternoon,

My name is Marcus Davis and I played for and graduated from Coffman in 2012. I recently started a company that is building a product for high school sports fans. I'm trying to learn a bit more about the problems our potential customers face. If anyone would be willing to chat with me for 15 minutes or so and answers a few quick questions, it would really help me out. Thank you and go Rocks!
Old 09-27-17, 12:17 PM
All World

Scrump doing his best Lou Holtz . A little frustration from the Rock faithful especially on the defensive side of the ball. Well I will go out on a limb and say YES the Rocks defense can hold M-Vile to under 28 points .
Old 09-28-17, 07:01 AM
All World

Week 6

Conference play exclusively now and a lot of teams play-off fates will be sorted out in the next couple weeks, we have a good idea what teams are and aren't and now it's just a matter who wants it more , is coached better and executes. Some very interesting games this week.

R-Burg at Pick North - R-Burg is a scary team because of their audacious talent and speed. They also have some strength , when operating cleanly they can play with anyone it seems. When they aren't playing as disciplined , lesser teams can stay with them and may be beat them { New Albany} .

PN is scary themselves skill wise especially on offense . Their defense is better this year, not real big overall but fast . Weirick as always in the X-Factor here , I think R-Burg will try to establish the power run game going right at them to negate some of their speed . PN will air it out and say 'STOP US" . Concerning to me is R-Burg giving up 450 yards offense vs Westy Central. YIKES because PN is more explosive than WC .

Weirick makes the plays that spell the difference PN 31 R-Burg 20

PC at Gahanna - wrote about this game on that game thread so I won't repeat it here, but i like PC to have more in the tank this week as they didn't have the same 4 quarter battle that Gahanna had last week and I like them to be able to run the ball some and may be hit a deep ball or two . Gahanna is never out of a game with their talent on offense and a great HS QB in Lowery . PC has a bit too much this week PC 23 GL 16

DUB Sawmill at Bradley - Interesting game, remember Scioto had Jerome beat until an 80 yard hook and ladder clubbed them over the head as Jerome escaped the Irish . Jerome showed they are coming on as they handled Darby fairly easily last week shutting them out , so Scioto is a team with some material and talent. I do think Bradley ahs a bit too much up front for them though, Pound their big FB/LB then hit their talented receivers a time too many. Scioto will score , but not enough

HB 27 DS 14

Dub Muirfield at YOTW - Ye Olde Tommy W did themselves proud last week , may be Bradley making a ton of mistakes kept it closer than it should , but I thought blowout but YOTW hung in for 4 quarters not the 2 and a half I thought they might have before the ship took on too much water and the Dinghy was cut loose. Rough loss to Kilbourne is going to hurt their play-off chance I believe. Sad because they are better than Kilbourne this year . Jerome with their really talented young coach is gaining confidence,, losing to PN and Orange is no shame, those teams are solid obviously.

Many were penciling in YOTW for a play-off spot, I was skeptical , and I think they may go 5-5 which isn't what you might have thought after the first few weeks but it looks like a distinct possibility . If you said before the season Ye olde Tommy W will not have a losing season this year ,you would have been guffawed off the stage , so it's still a huge season for the program . I think Jerome gets them ,Darby gets them and Scioto has a chance a good chance .

Dub Muirfield 31 YOTW 15

Olentangy LC at WS IBBIES - The IB'S are also a good story but only because they were unexpectedly horrible last year , Gill went down and they folded up like a well greased Accordion . Tangy won late at Marysville BUT had 200 yards more yards , so score close but the physical disparity not so close . Tangy is a tough team to figure out , they have good athletes some really good D-lineman , and are well coached by one of the better guys in the business . Ibbies may hit a home-run may be two, but it won't be enough here as the boys from Lewis Center grind out another one

Lewis Center HS 27 WS Ibbies 14

Continued
Old 09-28-17, 09:29 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Scrump doing his best Lou Holtz . A little frustration from the Rock faithful especially on the defensive side of the ball. Well I will go out on a limb and say YES the Rocks defense can hold M-Vile to under 28 points .
^^ Agreed. That post was a far cry from 2 weeks ago when he was suggesting Coffman's front seven was one of the best in the state.

On a related note, nice story on Cummings in ThisWeekNews.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...ngs-makes-mark

Agree on all the picks above. I too was surprised that the margin on the YOTW/Bradley game was not wider.

I think Scioto has some talent in the secondary, which is critical vs. Bradley, but they will have trouble pressuring the QB and will also struggle to move the ball on the ground. Plus Loparo is really chapped about last year's loss and will be looking for revenge.

Jerome blanking Darby last week was a big surprise to me. Seems like they are steadily improving. I expected them to struggle more this year, but 7-3 looks very doable for them.

The IBBIES vs. LCO could be a very good one. Agree that LCO is far more 'complete'.

On a separate thread I went with Pick Central over Gahanna and will stick with that. I wouldn't be disappointed to see the Lions win it though. They've had such a long Picktown drought.
Old 09-28-17, 10:19 AM
All World

Week 6 continued

Mount Vernon at Darby - Darby actually outgained Jerome by over 100 yards last week had more time of possession , first downs etc. They are also banged up again , haven't bene hit like last year but once again some guys are not out there. Do they go live during the week ? Are any getting hurt in practice? Run only teams or run mostly teams pretty much have to go live don't they to stay sharp? I wonder how many guys get hurt in practice . Playing as a RB in a wing -T offense back in the day , we went live on Tuesday's and Wednesday's, we played most of our games on Saturday's but kids got hurt during practice as much as in games . I myself broke my collarbone in practice Soph YR.

May be the injury's are happening in games , just asking .Anyway Davidson and Darby offense are DOWN, this year. they got enough yardage to score a couple TD'S last week but couldn't finish . This week they can sit the walking wounded and injured and get past MV where they are a 17 point choice . Right now they are a 55 percent shot at the play-offs IF they win out , they CAN do that but if they get in they probably won't score a point in the play-offs the way it looks now . For this night everything should be just fine Mount Vernon is homecoming opponent strength . Don't know if it's Darby's HC weekend or not but this is the opponent to have

Darby 27 MV 6

Central Crossing at Davidson - pretty much all you need to know about Davidson is this . their FB is averaging 3.1 yards a carry and their lead RB is averaging 2.9 a pop. they score about 10 a game , QB is not a real run threat , needed 30 carries to get 100 a couple weeks ago . Not good enough if you only want to run the ball . Most of their yards last week came on two pass completions which is going to happen once in a while when the opponent gets lulled to sleep, BUT good defenses shouldn't be fooled and shouldn't have to have their secondary's make too many tackles so they don't have to cheat .

CC lost their offensive coach Williamson a couple years ago and haven't been quite the same, of curse they had better personnel {QB Williamson WR Stephans} but they still have talented guys including a couple LB'S - DE 'S who are starting for the third straight year Which should help vs HD'S run only offense .

Was hard to picture Davidson 1-4 , well here they are . I was thinking 6-4 at the start , don' t think they win out but they should get the W here and should be better next year as they have a lot JR'S starting and the JV team is doing well , they are 8 pt. favs according to Lucky Louie P . HD 20 CC 13 May be a defensive TD for Davidson ??

Westy Central at Liberty - Liberty has had a tough schedule , lost to Wayne and got shut out and got their ears boxed in last week vs PN . Outgained 377 to 50 or something like that ? Liberty clearly rebuilding the offense a bit BUT defense I thought would be better . they have some pieces but may be North is just that good ? We'll see soon enough I suppose when they play the iron Ohio conference teams . WC had a nice offensive night vs. R-Burg , they have some talent on offense , getting shut out by Gahanna was confusing , the loss wasn't Gahanna is better than they are but the shot down part was surprising . Close one here Liberty 23 WC 20

Marysville at Coffman -

Louie P has it at Coffman - 13 , which is about right all things considered I suppose. M-Ville won't sneak up on the Rocks , they are aware of the toughening up of the M-Vile squad. They have some rugged lineman Junior Tyler Connolly is big and strong and they run a version of the wing T which suits their personnel . they have this play where they hand it off to the up guy and he hands it off to the wing back , it worked a couple times once for a TD against Olentangy . Play the Rocks should be ready for it, I have never seen that play before . I played in a wing t offense and never saw it , guy on the wing ran jet sweeps and inside trap may be , but I never took a hand-off from another RB, unique play.

Anyway Rocks off of a bitter last minute defeat , obviously need to get better in some areas. Offensive line is a work in progress but made some strides vs Gahanna in the second half running the ball well. Looking at more Olentangy footage the O-line looked like they were on roller skates at times. Collapsed altogether on some plays , key plays .

Last week they looked better overall , need to keep improving play with better knee bend and pad levels need to be more consistent as well as finishing blocks . Should be a better unit by the end of the year , next year I believe they will be pretty solid a few guys getting experience this year and a couple guys { One injured for the year will be good coming back } not starting will step in and do the job I believe some good candidates to step in .

Rocks want to set the tone on defense with their best players being the LB'S Hoak has bene a beast most of the year and watching him take care of his business on a weekly basis making al kinds of stops and big hits it's really puzzling to me that NO MAC SCHOOL has offered , just ridiculous really to me . Boateng is solid of course and has that explosive speed of course which is why he is going to Michigan State , but they need more from him IMO. Crabtree and Hamilton have been solid. Secondary is young and is learning to play at this level but the last two weeks despite the challenges will be better for it . Defensive line has been led by Bagozzi in the middle who is strong as snot and has done a nice job having to be doubled at times and should have a big second half I league play looking forward to his match-up with Backenstoe in week 8 , and Darius Cummings who got some nice ink and pub this week which is deserved a unique story , coming in from Canal a few years ago he was thinking RB and he certainly is good enough to carry the Rock for many teams but a logjam at RB had the coaches looking for a place for him to play. Too good a football player to just sit . He has done a nice job at 5-6 200 playing DE, he also returns kick -offs, how many DE'S return Kicks? lol

This unit needs to and I feel will set the tone in this game, they are a bit angry and need to channel it and be in seek and destroy mode, if they are in this mind set and execute The Rocks will roll here, , if not M-Ville hangs around ?

Come out early and take away from M-Ville any notion that they can hang in here is what needs to happen , take that confidence . Olentangy had 200 more yards from scrimmage but only won on a late TD , No reason the Rocks can't come out and get that type of yardage advantage but play a cleaner les mistake prone game than Tangy did . I get the feeling the Rocks are ready for this one

Coffman 31 M-ville 10
Old 09-28-17, 07:14 PM
Varsity

Lambeau, I am still suggesting that the front seven is one of the best in the state, Gahana game did well to get them in 2nd and 3rd and 8. But def had a rough night in pass coverage. The front three were tasked with the job of corraling QB. They did that. Had to bring a 4th and 5th to get pressure on them.

Tangy game was going Ok until the 3rd. TOs killed us. Gave up short fields all night. In a rematch I have them in a pickem.

Let's see how this week goes. This is kind of like Davidson lite running game. So, this front 7 will be tested. Not to mention a safety or two sneaking up on the outsides

Last edited by Scrumper; 09-29-17 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Was not finished
Old 09-29-17, 11:17 PM
Varsity

Well, I was right about Coffman offense putting up 28. The defense played well except for a single blown coverage that cost Coffman a shut out. The run defense was very good. Pass defense will lead to me having a heart attack. This week though, we got to the QB. I think Coffman knocked starter out early? Not a 100% sure. #2 who played QB played tuff. He got hit hard too many times. Left game and was back in soon.the little dude played with some heart. Marysville D brought 7,8,and 9 people to the line to stop Cam Scott. Coffman must find some plays when the Def is selling out to stop the run.
Coffman will get some relief soon. Two starting WRs are coming this week, an we need them. Guys filling in will be better next year for the experience they are getting. Just need some more size and snaps. Would love to see some Brown at QB, and Marcus go to slot this week against the Comets. That would change the dynamics of the offense. If you are only handing off to the backs, let brown do it. That would put marcus, Drennan, and Mccleroy as starting WRs in for Davidson, and beyond.
Offensive line is not making enough improvement. Thought they improved in second half of Gahanna game. They took a small step backward this week. Improvement must be made when opposing def is walking LBs up to line. Hard counts, or quick passes are a must. Davidson will exploit this if you don't fix that this week. Maybe throwing on first down may help.
Overall, a win is a win. Marysville hung around a while. But, Coffman depth played to our advantage in the 4th. Way to go guys. Keep working hard. Win out, you get a home game, then neutral sites. You have shown you can play with region 2 strong teams. Finish the league play by winning out, and hopefully Jerome gets the opportunity to back up coaches digs about not having preferred housing for transfers.
Old 09-30-17, 04:22 AM
All World

Very good summation Scrump. Number 2 is their starter , he took a big hit on the long TD pass , weird play , I was convinced M-Ville could have the ball for 9 quarters and not score , they finally get it to 14-0 and comfortable and then a 15 yarder on the kick-off gives them the ball near the 40 and BOOM TD pass , one score knee shaker in a New York minute.

Defense was good, that offense is quirky and they play SLOOOOOOWWWWWW, I mean they are choppier than the bay of Fundy . They want the game to be Lyle Lovett Ugly , the after pick in the scared straight before and after the 4 year Meth Binge pictures. Rotted brown teeth ugly.

And let me tell you towards the end of the third quarter I wanted to scratch my eyes out , I was another dropped screen pass or missed receiver, and or another M-Ville guy laying down on the field as if he was killed and getting up 3 minutes later and going back in a few plays later away from jumping off the top of the stadium to relive the agony of watching another play .

yes I am getting a tad more cynical in my advancing age , and bleeding the clock dry is a well worn strategy to shorten games and drive the opponent crazy, Davidson has bene doing it for a decade and a half now , get the first down by a foot after 4 plays rinse and repeat another 3 times and the quarter is almost over stuff , and M-Ville does a pauper's version of this , and I know they had a handful playing two ways , but to me it was fairly obvious they were laying down for a few extra minutes especially when the game was a one score game to get rest.

I know I may get some blow back from the one or two M-Vile supporters out here, but I have smelled this rat a time or two before. But there were two instances where their kids literally layed there motionless ,, 8 people rushed towards the kid on one play including Coffman trainers and the kid got up and walked off the field pretty easily with no real apparent malady. Sorry if I am wrong here , but I don't think I am .

Should I say shame on them ? or Nice work you have to do what you have to do ? Somewhere in the middle I suppose like many things .

Anyway Scrump hits it on the screws here with his analysis . Receiver help needed the One kid who can get behind the coverage { Dlulzynski} they miss , he was open by five yards down the sideline on a nice play action roll out and QB missed him by 5 yards, another instance a guy was 2 yards clear down the middle the pass was closer by about 2 and half yards too long . Reinforcements are coming hopefully,

O-line wasn't great , I will concede after looking really good for a while last week , but I am underwhelmed by the offensive scheme , the design of the offense is stuck I neutral for weeks now, it NEVER CHANGES , nothing new, nothing real creative , they had a nice few bursts in the run game , and got the W.

Defense is going to be just fine the last 4 games of the regular season, offense? I think will be instantly better when they get a key guy back , but Davidson is two weeks away and their offense should be a really good match-up for the defense , but will the offense improve enough by then ? Will it be a 6-3 game with no TD'S ? Davidson will make the game look uglier than even M-Ville does , they won' t respect the pass at al and run blitz mercilessly if they played tomorrow , the question is can you improve in two weeks enough to make them play it straight ?

Totally agree with Scrump on the QB dynamic , if you are going to have a mostly running offense with an occasional play action roll out or straight drop back , why not put Marcus in the slot ? He's one of your top few athletes? And Brown can run the ball well and is tough ton bring down at 200 pounds ? Donut and Marcus in the slot gives Davidson something different to defend than what they have seen on tape .

Gahanna got the baby seal treatment by PC last night it appears, opening kick returned for a TD another turnover and Lowery gets hurt early and leaves and never returns , PC was winning that game anyway, hope Lowery is alright, heard their running back also left OUCH. What does this do to their region outlook? PN is legit, PC and PN I believe are the real deals when firing on al cylinders, Wayne is looming and C-Ville is good but I believe in R-3 it's either PN or PC . Of course I will get push back from OCC haters and Dayton homers , but PN-Centerville on a neutral in the play-offs? PN by 14-17 , ditto PC.

R-2 seems to be Whitmer is top dog by about a TD or so right now, not a huge gap but a smaller gap may be ? To me though it's ST ED'S all the way, this is their year .
Old 09-30-17, 05:43 AM
All World

Yes I am aware that C-Ville beat Wayne by a handful on the scoreboard , but 480 yards of off offense and the overall yardage advantage that the teams are fairly even which is good for C-Ville , Wayne is young , a year away perhaps, and C-Ville has some good young players as well . Still think PN and PC are every bit as good as those two and one will win the region .

thought R-Burg would put up more of a fight , but PN is talented was going to be good anyway but added just enough transfer help in some areas to make them even better , that seems to be the key in who makes deep runs from the Public side, although in D-3 DeSales seems to be getting some transfer help as well . How did the couple kids do last night ?

Still believe it's ST Ed's and everyone else, ST X is next , but not as talented as Ed's this year. .
Old 09-30-17, 07:18 AM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
Whitmer the clear class of D2 right now, that was a good TCC team they beat last night.

Still some intriguing matchups looming even in the early rounds. with One of the Olentangys likely to get one of the other home games and Lorain likely to get another, that leaves Coffman in a position to potentially sneak back into home game position if they win out.

That should leave some pretty good teams in the lower half of the bracket with Gahanna, 2 other tangys, and perhaps a surprise team rounding it out.

Orange's defense is the real deal, Harrison was back last night and seemed full strength. Whitmer's strength seems to be their defense as well. But probably shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves, a lot of football still to be played.
Old 09-30-17, 07:25 AM
All World

You are correct , 4-5 weeks to sink or swim , get healthier tweak some things , get better or stagnate, a lot to be determined , and while Whitmer may be a step ahead there will be some very interesting potential local match-ups rematches etc
Old 09-30-17, 09:29 AM
All Region

Your call out on the injuries is complete BS. The kid that everybody rushed out to was out the rest of the game looking like a concussion. I am sure the Coffman trainers can attest to that. The injury thing is not Marysville m-o.

Marysville is so weak they did not stop you at least twice with first and goal. Oh wait they did even after a blocked punt.

Nothing else to say to a peice of crap that makes excuses about injuries.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited by bluepride1990; 09-30-17 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-30-17, 09:59 AM
All World

I saw what I saw , didn't say everyone who Went down was faking jerk , not complete BS. Number 2 laid down for three minutes came back and played his butt off what was his injury ? Laying still not moving a muscle ? Was he knocked out cold ? NO. Kids were only down in the second half it seemed? Look tough guy never said anything about being weak your kids played hard but you act as if that is so absurd and you know for a fact every kid was really hurt badly. Kids don't lay on the ground not moving for a few minutes very often unless knocked out cold. Injured kids move around try to get up limp off , don't want the other team seeing them hurt , you believe what you want I don't care if I'm wrong it looked fishy
To me .

Unless you are a coach and shame on you for being here if you are you really don't know do you ? No one cares anyway
Old 09-30-17, 11:56 AM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumper View Post
Lambeau, I am still suggesting that the front seven is one of the best in the state, Gahana game did well to get them in 2nd and 3rd and 8. But def had a rough night in pass coverage. The front three were tasked with the job of corraling QB. They did that. Had to bring a 4th and 5th to get pressure on them.
This is not trash talk or chest thumping, but after last night I'm not sure I'd use Gahanna as a measuring stick for your front 7. The difference in the Gahanna vs Pick Central was in trenches. Some might point to the kick off return and injury to Lowery but Central dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball.
Old 09-30-17, 12:12 PM
All World

Yes PC has a experienced strong tough line on both sides no question. PC looks loaded for the foreseeable future , last year Coffman Handled Gahanna better up front beat them a bit easier than PC did. Obviously s different story this year
Old 09-30-17, 12:29 PM
All World

PC wins regardless because of the aforementioned reasons but Gahanna is not Gahanna without Lowery and Miller was not the fastest receiver Bruckner is he was most trusted and has most catches . So you kill two stones with that injury and I thinkPC beat them up worse with more Gahanna kids hurt as well during the game ? Hope Gahanna injurys not serious and good luck to the Tigers in R-3
Old 09-30-17, 01:40 PM
Varsity

Walt, I know I can't use a scrimmage as a measuring stick and all, but Toledo CC had a better offensive line than pick central did that day. This was from three that played against them. Pick's line were large but not as good as TCC. toughest O line this year has been TCC. I hope that we get the chance to see Coffman play pic k central. Long shot as it may be, but hope to see it.

Last edited by Scrumper; 09-30-17 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Was not done
Old 09-30-17, 01:58 PM
All World

Piece of crap ? excuses about injuries ? WTF are you talking about dude ? Go start your own M-Ville thread . We talk about the team here , whos plays well who is not playing or available and how they may help when the come back or tweaks with the line-up WHAT's ON THE HORIZON ETC. It's discussion and opinions that's it, , it sin' the newspaper or a magazine , I can think and say what I want depending on what I see.

Go start a M-Ville thread and you can talk about your team , no one will read it but you can make yourself feel better and call me a piece of crap every day if you want , people will still read this thread and you will continue to read every post and by al means keep arguing with me , It's OK , no one cars about M-Ville stalling or well anything at al about M-Vile football really
Old 09-30-17, 02:14 PM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumper View Post
Walt, I know I can't use a scrimmage as a measuring stick and all, but Toledo CC had a better offensive line than pick central did that day. This was from three that played against them. Pick's line were large but not as good as TCC. toughest O line this year has been TCC. I hope that we get the chance to see Coffman play pic k central. Long shot as it may be, but hope to see it.
Honestly, Pick Central's o-line hasn't played to their potential this season. Returning the number of starters we did and with the size they have, expectations were that they'd be dominant every week. Last night was the first time they played to their potential. Hopefully they are rounding into form and this gives them momentum going forward.

I hope we get to see a Pick C vs Dub Coffman post season game but the only way that happens is week 15.
Old 09-30-17, 02:23 PM
All World

ST ED's will be there for sure but I think PC represents really well in R-3 as well as PN . Wayne is never to be taken lightly and C-Vile has a knack this year, it's their year some magic in the air it seems.

PC expectations were sky high so it was going to be hard to match those. Sometimes the wheels just fall off and you get routed , excellent opponent playing to it's potential a key injury and some turnovers, special team plays and the game is a total rout . Gahanna went to the last play vs Coffman last week , PC cruised , that and PC fired up and playing as well as they have all year which the coaches said = a dominant win.

It was that type of performance that had most of us ranking PC first in the region and them everyone falls in line after that . PN has proven itself to be closest to them with the rest on a given day being ranked after that { OO Olentangy , Gahanna, Coffman , Liberty et al }

R-3 is going to be interesting , I think either PN or PC wins it and gives a good game to ST X MOST LIKLEY.
Old 10-01-17, 11:37 AM
All Region

Heard (2) has his ankle wrapped and came back in after walking it off for the remainder of the series and the next Defensive series. Watched that from the stands. Oh and it makes sense for the starting QB to take a "fall" in the middle of an offensive drive in the 3rd when the score is still 7-0. If you knew anything you would know he is a state ranked wrestler and is tough.

Also that string of injuries was in the 3rd. I do not recall any and definitely not the ones you are bringing up being in the 4th when the game was going south for Marysville. You know when maybe faking an injury would make sense in the acquisition you made.

Marysville played you tough for 3 quarters and you do not like it.

Does Marysville slow down the game. Yes Are kids taking dives. No.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-17, 11:45 AM
All World

Heard came off on 3rd and 14 was getting sacked or close to sacked on mostv3rd and longer, laid down still as a tin soldier you roll an ankle a bit and you lay on your back? Really ? Or do you hop up jobbje a bit and either get off the field or stay in . I have sprained my ankle two times playing football both times I was out for a couple weeks . When it happened what I didn't do was lay flat on my back and wait for multiple trainers to come out and my situation was worse than his , not just a simple tape job and go back in looking the same as when I went out.

I and most kids tweak ankle and limp a bit and get off the field not lay down in your back for a couple minutes
Old 10-01-17, 12:23 PM
All World

I don't like it ? I gave my thoughts and opinions on the game , the good the bad and the ugly . M-ville has played some good teams tough including Coffman . Kids competed real hard and did Dom good things , when did I question toughness ? Laying down for a while on your back is something you don't see a lot it's usually serious especially when kids don't move at all when in the ground like I saw a couple times .

Made me pause . That's all . MO"s change from quarter to quarter half to half. When I see multiple kids on their backs not moving for more than a few seconds in the second half and they turn out to NOT be really injured I think ? Hmmmm. That coupled with st that time TWO timeouts taken because you tried to bleed just a little too much clock and ran out of time despite being huddled with 25 seconds left on the clock it entered my mind that's all

If I'm wrong ? Who cares . Just an observation you can disagree with . I'm
Sure thr wrestler is the toughest kid in school he was just being cautious with a non sprained ankle . His toughness showed when he looked exactly the same after being in his back for a while and even threw a long TD pass with a couple kids in his face Blood and guts
Old 10-01-17, 02:21 PM
Varsity

I find myself deleting the last 3 or 4 things I have written about kids/dads of players dictating the health status of there kids, and whether they should play this week, or next week. It appears that many on the team are nicked up and playing thru ankle sprains, bad hands, knees, and shoulder pain. The why,,,, they do this is because of the love of the game and team. We all know this: hide from the trainer. Use what ever means available to play. Tape it up and play through it. Then I have seen others with worse injuries trying there best to get back on the field to help their team mates (gotta love those kids/family). Why, love of the game and team. But I must say it disgusts my when I see talented kids/ dads nursing an injury to protect a promising college scolly. Follow the excellent trainer and doctors advise. They may know more than the GED you may carry. There is very little respect given to and earned by this person like this. Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself why you are here. And while they could help the team, they act like bystanders that don't care, or will be gone soon. Or talk to others about pacts of not going to a school unless we all go. Grow-up. Show what skills you do have so coaches see what kind of young man you are.
Old 10-01-17, 02:25 PM
All World

We'll put this one to bed and it's on to Central Crossing who decided they didn't really feel like playing on Friday or else Davidson played as well as it has all year X 10.

M-Ville fan thinks I am just mad with Coffman looking sluggish and M-Ville playing them " Tough " , umm not really , the gamer was ugly with Coffman doing their share to make it appear and look that way .

Third quarter was really choppy Coffman twice inside the 10 came away with no points at all to keep it 7-0 . The first bad snap all season on a FG or XPoint attempt , and M-Vile to their credit stopped a 4th down really deep in territory .

M-ville being one score down slooooooweeeddddd the game down even more than usual , like I said taking two timeouts when they bled the clock a little longer than they wanted to . Kids at this point unfortunately were getting hurt and were on their backs in a few instances for a while. Didn't happen at all in the first half . Game slowed to a crawl . Rush I think just made another tackle , that kid played his but off on defense .

Tough is a relative description , as in many people think they or they will say they are tough or show toughness , when the reality is most people aren't tough it is a unique trait really.

So did M-Ville play Coffman 'TOUGH" for 4 quarters ? NO , for three ? Yes I suppose, but to that point they had not come close to scoring even once, were they in Coffman territory? once may be just inside? Coffman had only 7 points in a lackluster effort with proper credit given to Rush and company on defense, but had the ball deep in M-Ville territory a couple besides the TD .

So as what happens when one team is playing a handful of kids two ways and the other one zero , fatigue sets in and like the Liberty game when M-Ville was actually winning going into the 4th quarter and to a lesser extent the Olentangy game they got outplayed in the 4th .

So Coffman GOES UP 14-0 was in M-Ville territory a handful of times and M-Ville had ZERO real scoring chances until one long pass after a 15 yard penalty on the kick-off by the Rocks , as the QB who was down on his back for a bit just a few minutes earlier heroically came back in and tossed the pass on a blitz and kid was open , nice play , 14-7 . Coffman scores two more times one with a short field fumble recovery and one medium drive.

So 28-7 giving up one TD on one long pass no real long drives, had the ball twice inside the 10 leaving at least 6-10 points on the field and I didn't like the fact that the game was nip and tuck life and death and evenly battled ? Tough is relative as I said, degrees of tough ? This one was choppy frustrating and ugly , but was it really "TOUGH" Not really