Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-17-17, 04:44 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Hoover only lost by 8 to unbeaten Canton McKinley. I don't think this game will be a blowout. I could be wrong. Hoover has struggled through the season stopping the run with regularity though.

How is Hartley's Pass D? Hoover is capable in their passing game even if they are more run centric. Weather forecast is calling for dry weather this weekend.

Hartley has only allowed more than 2 TD's twice and one of those was week 1 and the other was last week.

Should be a interesting game with contrasting styles.
Old 10-17-17, 04:57 AM
All District

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
Very nice assessments... I still think Hoover can win this game.

But my questions:
- Do Hartley backs ever get tackled?
- If the other team were 11 Chuck Norrises, would Hartley only win by 6?
- Have the Hartley players been awakened to the Matrix?
Itís possible.

But my answers:
- Simple reading comprehension should have given you this answer. But just for fun. How can they 3&4 yard you if they never get tackled?
- Idk know what Norrises are or what Chuck has to do with it.
- Iím not sure kids in High School kids can go to clubs yet. You should probably wait to hit on boys AFTER they turn 18.
Old 10-17-17, 05:17 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
- Idk know what Norrises are or what Chuck has to do with it.
- Iím not sure kids in High School kids can go to clubs yet. You should probably wait to hit on boys AFTER they turn 18.
These went over your head based on your answers

Or did they and the Hartley mind tricks snowed me?
Old 10-17-17, 05:37 AM
All Ohio

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
I really didn't care about this game until I read from these arrogant Hartley fans. Not sure how in the world they haven't won the last 10 or more state titles. Maybe they thought they scheduled Hoover Alabama and were getting on ESPN. And why isn't this game on ESPN so the whole world can see this team of the century?

Pride goeth before a fall. Go Hoover.
Old 10-17-17, 07:25 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Hoover only lost by 8 to unbeaten Canton McKinley. I don't think this game will be a blowout.
Nor do I. Hoover run defense is suspect, so Hartley will move the ball and score. Hoover balanced offense will move the ball and score against a smaller Hartley defense. Barring an advantage in turnovers, I expect them to trade scores and for this to come down to coin toss, clock, drive time, last possession, FG v TD, and/or extra points. Everybody in Hartley land knows and respects the qualitative difference between Hoover and the other D2 teams on the schedule.
Old 10-17-17, 08:34 AM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
I really didn't care about this game until I read from these arrogant Hartley fans. Not sure how in the world they haven't won the last 10 or more state titles. Maybe they thought they scheduled Hoover Alabama and were getting on ESPN. And why isn't this game on ESPN so the whole world can see this team of the century?

Pride goeth before a fall. Go Hoover.
Pump the brakes bud, let's not confuse arrogance with confidence. No one said Hartley was world beaters, we have an understanding that we are a quality football program that is not intimidated by bigger schools. When the thread begins by asking how good we are for a small school or that we've probably never seen an o line or speed like Hoovers is a bold statement, arrogance maybe underestimating definitely! Even people from Stark county that are familiar with Hartley have chimed in on the quality of our program warning to not underestimate this "small" school. Furthermore I don't think anyone who has an inkling of high school football knowledge would ever confuse NC Hoover with Hoover Ala. the similarities of the programs start and stop with the color scheme that you share, one has been a national power the other is mediocre at best. I'll let you figure out which is which. This will be a very hard fought game no doubt, like I said earlier Hoover is a more balanced team than what we probably have faced all year. Should be a great game whether it's on ESPN or not.
GO HAWKS!!
Old 10-17-17, 08:42 AM
All District

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
No offense to any Hoover fans, but you have beaten one team with a winning record thus far and one with a .500 record. Those types of quality wins are not enticing me to believe that Hoover will compete with Hartley. As some of the previous posters mentioned, Hartley is an offense unlike any that Hoover has seen and is very difficult to replicate. Combined with an inability to stop the run, I like Hartley's chances to control this game.

Hoover will be able to throw the ball and probably score, given coach Baum's offensive game planning. However, I believe that Hartley will milk the clock and frustrate this Hoover team into making some mistakes. Hoover seems that they are unsure if they want to be a true 4-3 team as they still embody some 5-3 tendencies and I think that has been their undoing since Baum has been there. As I am sure you are aware, every team presents different challenges in preparation, whether it be schematic or personnel. Hartley will not be the bigger team, or maybe even the faster team, but they will be the most complex team, schematically speaking, that Hoover will face this year.
Old 10-17-17, 08:50 AM
Varsity

D.Boone2 is on a distinguished road
Good luck, Hoover. These Hartley kids are mashers and bruisers. My advice, keep their O on the bench. Hartley runs downhill, almost like a wedge. If they were allowed to run the flying wing, they would. These kids would prefer leather helmets. I'm telling you... they are old school.

Lot of misdirection in the backfield. Lots of speed. Line in sprinter stances... hip to hip... going for your knees. 4-6 yards every play, then BAM! 20 yard gain on a counter you didn't see coming.

Hoover D line will have to play Hand Shiver hard, read and react. Linebackers see ball, get ball. Corners cannot fall asleep.

Tell your players not to be surprised if they find they are looking at the world through their ear-hole. It's gonna be a bloody game. That's how Hartley plays.

Hartley 24
Hoover 14
Old 10-17-17, 11:36 AM
Freshman

1680 is on a distinguished road
Hoover is better than their 4-4 record. Hartley better be ready to play. This could be an upset special.
Old 10-17-17, 12:20 PM
All District

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
Hartley will not be the bigger team, or maybe even the faster team, but they will be the most complex team, schematically speaking, that Hoover will face this year.
That was McKinley. Ever watch a Reardon team?
Old 10-17-17, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

McK93 is on a distinguished road
Good luck to the Hoover players!!
Old 10-17-17, 12:39 PM
All Ohio

The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
I have, plenty of times. Schematically speaking, Hartley's scheme is more complex vs Reardon's scheme.
Old 10-17-17, 12:47 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
I'd like to see Hoover make the playoffs, and would rather have them get in this week rather than at the expense of Jackson next week. I think Hoover is a slight dog but man it seems like they're playing the greatest team of all time this Friday based on some of the posts lol. Go Vikes!
Old 10-17-17, 12:52 PM
All District

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have watched McKinley numerous times and they aren't really that complex. They are a zone read rpo offense. They are very good but their athleticism is what wins them games. This is not an insult to McKinley, because they are very good, but they aren't complex.

As veer said, Hartley is far more complex and it isn't close. Hartley will probably show Hoover about thirty different formations from unbalanced to wing t to spread. Additionally, Hartley runs an offense that will make you very uncomfortable defensively in an attempt to expose your weaknesses and lack of defensive discipline.

Teams like Hartley require you to recognize formations first then read your keys and react to misdirection every play. Teams like McKinley are going to put their athletes in space and move them around to create mismatches to exploit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-17, 12:57 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
Hoover seems that they are unsure if they want to be a true 4-3 team as they still embody some 5-3 tendencies and I think that has been their undoing since Baum has been there.
Agreed. The 3-3-5 or 4-3 that they're in seems like a mismatch against the teams they schedule.

Maybe this is the week Hoover can win the shootout, I think the offense is that talented, but on paper it certainly looks like they better have the ball last.
Old 10-17-17, 01:02 PM
All American

Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boone2 View Post
Good luck, Hoover. These Hartley kids are mashers and bruisers. My advice, keep their O on the bench. Hartley runs downhill, almost like a wedge. If they were allowed to run the flying wing, they would. These kids would prefer leather helmets. I'm telling you... they are old school.

Lot of misdirection in the backfield. Lots of speed. Line in sprinter stances... hip to hip... going for your knees. 4-6 yards every play, then BAM! 20 yard gain on a counter you didn't see coming.

Hoover D line will have to play Hand Shiver hard, read and react. Linebackers see ball, get ball. Corners cannot fall asleep.

Tell your players not to be surprised if they find they are looking at the world through their ear-hole. It's gonna be a bloody game. That's how Hartley plays.

Hartley 24
Hoover 14

Would read again.
Old 10-17-17, 01:08 PM
All World

kingdaddy is on a distinguished road
What the h3ll was our AD thinking when he scheduled this team? thank god our EMS station is right across the street..
Old 10-17-17, 04:25 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdaddy View Post
What the h3ll was our AD thinking when he scheduled this team? thank god our EMS station is right across the street..
Exactly. You guys would have been better off scheduling YSU or maybe Mount Union.
Old 10-17-17, 05:04 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
Exactly. You guys would have been better off scheduling YSU or maybe Mount Union.
Old 10-17-17, 05:15 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdaddy View Post
Surely, Hoover isn't going to carry on with this game are they?
Old 10-17-17, 05:25 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
If Hartley's O is that complex, Hoover should try showing them many D line schemes, make them nervous. With an O that complex, I'm sure their kids aren't totally comfortable all the time with that many different formations, seems like they would be shaken a bit from different D formations, blitzes and changes at the LOS and most likely be prey to many false starts and motion penalties. Force them to shoot themselves in the foot and Hoover's D will get it done.
Old 10-17-17, 05:27 PM
All Region

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Go hoover beat the arrogant out of them.
Old 10-17-17, 06:55 PM
All Region

AHM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
If Hartley's O is that complex, Hoover should try showing them many D line schemes, make them nervous. With an O that complex, I'm sure their kids aren't totally comfortable all the time with that many different formations, seems like they would be shaken a bit from different D formations, blitzes and changes at the LOS and most likely be prey to many false starts and motion penalties. Force them to shoot themselves in the foot and Hoover's D will get it done.
Good plan. Im sure Hoover is the first team to think of this. Sounds like Hartley is a team that will be easily shaken.
Old 10-17-17, 07:00 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

All the support from Stark county is overwhelming. I'm getting misty over here. Thanks guys.
Old 10-17-17, 07:04 PM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Between the rest of Stark County supporting Hoover and a Hoover Football thread making it to 50+ responses (and pretty quickly) is encouraging. Considering when game threads have been pretty much nonexistent in recent times. I am hoping for a big thread next week vs Jackson.
Old 10-17-17, 07:34 PM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
Would love to see NCH win this, but I doubt they do.
Old 10-17-17, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Its not too late to cancel Hoover. These Hartley kids will have you all bloodied and and your heads all twisted around. I know this is the first game that you faced an opponent who will hit you hard. And has any Hoover player even tackled an opponent this year?

I'm calling a running clock in the first quarter.
Old 10-17-17, 10:12 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Just stop.
Old 10-17-17, 10:51 PM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post

I'm calling a running clock in the first quarter.
Is that what we have to look forward to, you guys make up your own rules in that part of the state?
Old 10-18-17, 04:04 AM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
on the bright side , Hartley kids are not only 2 dollar steak with a nail stuck in the middle tough , but they are altar boy character kids, they will pray for Hoover's fallen warriors who will be bloodeied battered and embarrassed , the Hartley family will pray for you after they eviscerate you, that's the kind of wholesome azz kickers they are, and incredibly as their coach will tell you at every turn they take no transfers , he flat out refuses them entry to the hallowed halls , which academically are as esteemed as Oxford . Hoover we are all praying for you, they will hit you with so many formations you will be afflicted with lifetime vertigo let us pray