Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Should tailgating be permitted before high school games?
Yes 110 53.92%
No 94 46.08%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-17, 05:33 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Please be considerate of "Mackinwhiner". She's very easily offended!

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 10-18-17 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-17-17, 05:34 PM
All Region

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Neither bother me, but I'd rather have drinking at tailgates than gambling on HS ball.

Again, neither bother me.
Old 10-17-17, 05:59 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
I would recommend wash.c.h.legend delete his account and open up a new one under a new user name like other Yappi legends have done when caught misrepresenting truth.

Fabricating stories, telling half truths or just complete lies tends to lead one to have no credibility....

You may sign off now...

Also, BTW Beau Rugg/Angie Lawler/Tyler Brooks/Ben Ferree may also be watching for some dumb sh** to put their school A.D. etc. in a bad light on social media....
Old 10-17-17, 06:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash.c.h.legend View Post
We drink with the police before the games. They like beer and brats like everyone else. I think it probably depends on where you are in the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash.c.h.legend View Post
Just like I said, police officers are people like anyone else. They love beer and brats too. I see no problem with them sitting down and having a beer and a couple brats a couple hours before they go on duty. Builds strong community. I guess you don’t have that everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....All LIES....
Old 10-17-17, 06:24 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB Fan View Post
I would recommend wash.c.h.legend delete his account and open up a new one under a new user name like other Yappi legends have done when caught misrepresenting truth.

Fabricating stories, telling half truths or just complete lies tends to lead one to have no credibility....

You may sign off now...

Also, BTW Beau Rugg/Angie Lawler/Tyler Brooks/Ben Ferree may also be watching for some dumb sh** to put their school A.D. etc. in a bad light on social media....
I wonder if Washington Court House's Police Chief has caught wind of what he said yet.
Old 10-17-17, 06:45 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I wonder if Washington Court House's Police Chief has caught wind of what he said yet.
I would guess he is a middle school kid or Freshman spouting off fantasy...Most know social media has been the downfall of many in the public eye and High Schools / Law enforcement do look at social media when prompted, you never know who from OHSAA may be posting or, reading...
Old 10-17-17, 06:53 PM
All District

Money Ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Mack, Pope and Wash. CH,

Easy there. Why don’t all of you come to Akron on Saturday and meet with me at the “Game to Be Named by a Vote” here on Yappi between Garfield-Kenmore and North and I will get you each a couple Kenmore Koneys and trust me, all will be cool in the world! How in the world are you guys having a peeing match with each other on here? It is a high school thread, come on! Alcohol should NEVER be allowed on school grounds, especially before a football game. I have seen parents flip out on other fans or coaches after eating Rice Krispie Treats and peanuts, so absolutely NOT is it okay to have alcohol......unless it is for the game I mentioned earlier in this post. They are both 0-8 and average scores are like 45-4 through the season thus far. One has to be drunk to even think about going to this game.
Old 10-17-17, 07:03 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Ball View Post
Mack, Pope and Wash. CH,

Easy there. Why don’t all of you come to Akron on Saturday and meet with me at the “Game to Be Named by a Vote” here on Yappi between Garfield-Kenmore and North and I will get you each a couple Kenmore Koneys and trust me, all will be cool in the world! How in the world are you guys having a peeing match with each other on here? It is a high school thread, come on! Alcohol should NEVER be allowed on school grounds, especially before a football game. I have seen parents flip out on other fans or coaches after eating Rice Krispie Treats and peanuts, so absolutely NOT is it okay to have alcohol......unless it is for the game I mentioned earlier in this post. They are both 0-8 and average scores are like 45-4 through the season thus far. One has to be drunk to even think about going to this game.
Count me in....
Old 10-17-17, 07:09 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
These Kenmore Koneys sound intriguing.
Old 10-17-17, 08:42 PM
Freshman

Skoalpatrol65 is on a distinguished road
I cannot believe there is 10 pages of bs on this thread. Drinking before games is essential end of story. Thank you goodbye
Old 10-17-17, 10:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
Man, this guy is ready to nail up his edicts on everyone.....easy pal, come down to cincy and we'll invite you to your first tailgate.....maybe you'll enjoy it and be able to pull your panties out of your crack.......
What a sweet talker! Your profile shows me you're the kind of perv that would like that. Sorry, but I don't think you're my type. (What is Yappi becoming?)
Old 10-18-17, 07:36 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
You'll be remembered.
What a loser this poster is
Old 10-18-17, 08:34 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB Fan View Post
Ok, let me SLOW it down for you...YOU just stated that your law enforcement that is paid to protect event goers at YOUR HS are getting juiced with the fans before the game...

In the event of an emergency even "if" Barney only has one bullet would you want him liquored up in a time he needed to be straight?
Are you really this stupid? Well are you?
Old 10-18-17, 08:50 AM
All Ohio

suplex21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Ball View Post
Mack, Pope and Wash. CH,

Although, if there were to be a game for North to break their losing streak, THIS IS IT!

I may go just to see history. A-Ken-Gar's 1st Victory or North Stops the losing streak at 30...
Old 10-18-17, 10:43 AM
Varsity

River_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
SHOULD TAILGATING WITH ALCOHOL BE PERMITTED BEFORE HIGH SCHOOL GAMES?

St X alums (myself included) were just advised by the school that tailgating (with alcohol) in the school parking lot will no longer be tolerated due to a few idiots.

So what's your opinion?
Do you tailgate with friends and foes before high school games?
Or do you feel tailgating and high school games don't mix?

Yes

Identify the idiots, and ban them from the tailgates.

Yes, as often as I can.

No, they mix perfectly.
Old 10-18-17, 11:01 AM
All American

SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
A quick glance through this thread and it appears that the divide between tailgating and alcohol is split almost exclusively between public schools and private schools.

It is possible for responsible adults to kick off their fall weekends with a drink and good company before a football game. And as likely as the sun coming up that a couple morons will try and ruin the fun for everybody.
Of course the majority, vast majority of public school football games aren't even worth watching so it doesn't come as surprise that you're all triggered over the idea. It's no wonder your kids can't win.
And before the MSML fans here start whining, nobody cares. Winning division 7 is like being the prettiest girl at the BBW pageant.
Old 10-18-17, 11:26 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
A quick glance through this thread and it appears that the divide between tailgating and alcohol is split almost exclusively between public schools and private schools.

It is possible for responsible adults to kick off their fall weekends with a drink and good company before a football game. And as likely as the sun coming up that a couple morons will try and ruin the fun for everybody.
Of course the majority, vast majority of public school football games aren't even worth watching so it doesn't come as surprise that you're all triggered over the idea. It's no wonder your kids can't win.
And before the MSML fans here start whining, nobody cares. Winning division 7 is like being the prettiest girl at the BBW pageant.
Another arrogant private school poster. I guess nobody cares about D-5 or D-6 either.
Old 10-18-17, 12:06 PM
All World

lc5397 is on a distinguished road
It's not his fault. Us private school supporters are drunk 24/7 anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Another arrogant private school poster. I guess nobody cares about D-5 or D-6 either.
Old 10-18-17, 12:39 PM
All Ohio

The Dock is on a distinguished road
I think it should be to the discretion of each school and their respective policies.

I've drank before games; shoot, sometimes you 'need' to if you know the 30-point rule is going to be invoked in an hour. I've drank at my house, with Mrs Dock DD'ing; I've killed a few Steelies in my time in the parking lot 'round 6:30pm. Heck, there's been a few times I've whipped out the flask when I'm up in the no-mans land of the stands.

I can enjoy football, at any level, while sober. I can also enjoy it with a drink in. Went to the Ohio State / Michigan game last year, and boy did the Fireball airplanes help me through Tyler Durbin's two missed field goals or what?

I also use smokeless tobacco, as conspicuously as I can ('ping.) I think what's most important here isn't the substance, it's the character. Drinking isn't what's sinful, it's the complete submission of your sobriety and self-control and the behavior that comes afterwards, which is your choice, that's whats problematic. If I was yelling profanities, or talking LIKE THIS, yeah - my behavior is not appropriate for a game played by youngsters. But if I'm just enjoying myself, hurting no one and not acting in the detriment of myself, my family or my school, then I see nothing wrong with it.
Old 10-18-17, 12:43 PM
All American

Top 10 Amazing Benefits of Drinking Beer

10) It can help reduce risk of heart disease

9) It can help protect against Alzheimer's Disease

8) It can help lower risk of diabetes

7) It can help prevent kidney stones

6) It can help minimize risk of cancer

5) It can help reduce cholesterol levels

4) It can help manage blood pressure

3) It can help strengthen bones

2) It can help cut down risk of strokes

And the #1 reason to drink beer is.........
It's lots of fun to drink in moderation while tailgating before high school football games with family and friends.

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 10-19-17 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-18-17, 12:47 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Top 10 Amazing Benefits of Drinking Beer

10) It can help reduce risk of heart disease

9) It can help protect against Alzheimer's Disease

8) It can help lower risk of diabetes

7) It can help prevent kidney stones

6) It can help minimize risk of cancer

5) It can help reduce cholesterol levels

4) It can help manage blood pressure

3) It can help strengthen bones

2) It can help cut down risk of strokes

And the #1 reason to drink beer is.........
It's lots of fun to drink in moderation while tailgating before high school football games
I lobby "It can help your chances of getting laid especially with pleasantly sized ladies"
Old 10-18-17, 12:47 PM
All American

I drink beer to help me deal with "stick up their azz" types like Mack. If people like Mack didn't exist, I wouldn't drink.
Old 10-18-17, 01:24 PM
All District

Money Ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Taco—
I call bullcr&p on that last line above!!!!! Absolute and utter spray-tasting bull!!! I used to make comments like that too, but have now changed it to

“If there was no oxygen I would not drink.”

THAT is factual!!
Old 10-18-17, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I drink beer to help me deal with "stick up their azz" types like Mack. If people like Mack didn't exist, I wouldn't drink.
I think you're associating your conscience with my thinking it's inappropriate to drink alcohol in a high school parking lot before a football game. Take it out on me if it makes you feel better. Don't forget, there are more than 80 others that agree with me but probably don't want to deal with the wrath of the loudest ones.
Old 10-18-17, 02:11 PM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
Winning division 7 is like being the prettiest girl at the BBW pageant.
I happen to be a BIG fan of the BBW pageant, especially after a good tailgate and a big win!
Old 10-18-17, 03:03 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I happen to be a BIG fan of the BBW pageant, especially after a good tailgate and a big win!
So why do you have to bring the women from Cleveland into this discussion?
Old 10-18-17, 03:10 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
my thinking it's inappropriate to drink alcohol in a high school parking lot before a football game.
Then don't. And raise hell if someone is drunk and doing something that affects your enjoyment of the event. Otherwise once again it's not your business.
Old 10-18-17, 03:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Take it out on me if it makes you feel better. Don't forget, there are more than 80 others that agree with me but probably don't want to deal with the wrath of the loudest ones.
lol the irony. There's a difference between not wanting alcohol at a tailgate and calling anyone who does an alcoholic, which you've done throughout the thread. I think this issue hits close to home for you.
Old 10-18-17, 03:38 PM
Varsity

Mikefln is on a distinguished road
I am 37 years old from the Pittsburgh area, went to Catholic HS, been going to public and private school games since i was kid. So minus the 4 years I was on the HS team and a few years I was away at college , I have seen a lot of games for over 3 decades. From this perspective. The HS kids generally are the ones who are drunk at the games both private and public. A few of them get a few beers before the game and they are new to it so they are the ones acting bad. I do see drinking by adults on occasion and they are generally discreet and non problems. When I do see this tailgating/drinking it is usually from established programs with decades worth of traditions and same families in the system for decades be it public or private. To put it into Ohio terms (not accusing anyone, just using as examples the best I can), I usually see the tailgating/drinking at your Massillons,Canton McKinley's, MAC Type schools, Steubenville, WGH, Iggy, Moller, St X, type of places. I do not see it as much as you Mentor like schools where winning is still relativity new or you Massillon Jackson where people are relatively new to the district and the bonds of the school do not run deep with generations of family support. Again this is my opinion from my perspective from out in the Pittsburgh area, Ohio can be very different.
Old 10-18-17, 03:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
lol the irony. There's a difference between not wanting alcohol at a tailgate and calling anyone who does an alcoholic, which you've done throughout the thread.
You've misread what I've said because I did not say that. You're back to making me look as bad as possible so you can feel better.