Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-21-17, 12:57 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
But I will say that the path to winning the D1 State title is a tougher path than a D2 State title.
Uh yeah there will never be any comparison in winning 5 games in a row against Division 1 playoff competition and winning in D2. There is such a massive dropoff between the teams in those two divisions. D2 level competition come playoff time is garbage and is much closer to D3 than it is to D1. LaSalle would never have been able to run that gauntlet X ran in 5 consecutive weeks last year.
Old 09-21-17, 01:56 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Hope I'm wrong (and I've never been wrong because the Pope is infallible) but I won't be shocked to see the Crooked Crusaders take down the Suicide Bombers on Friday night.
I'm looking for a back & forth, high-scoring affair which will be decided late in the 4th quarter. Good luck to both teams..... except Moeller!
Old 09-21-17, 02:30 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Hope I'm wrong (and I've never been wrong because the Pope is infallible) but I won't be shocked to see the Crooked Crusaders take down the Suicide Bombers on Friday night.
I'm looking for a back & forth, high-scoring affair which will be decided late in the 4th quarter. Good luck to both teams..... except Moeller!
Your act is really getting "long it the tooth". My i suggest you put that Jesuit educamacation to use and come up with a new act!
Old 09-21-17, 03:42 PM
All American

Thumper, thanks for your contribution to this thread...

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 09-22-17 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-21-17, 03:43 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
Uh yeah there will never be any comparison in winning 5 games in a row against Division 1 playoff competition and winning in D2. There is such a massive dropoff between the teams in those two divisions. D2 level competition come playoff time is garbage and is much closer to D3 than it is to D1. LaSalle would never have been able to run that gauntlet X ran in 5 consecutive weeks last year.
Never is quite a reach. In fact, La Salle was every bit as capable of doing it at X was. La Salle beat three GCL teams, Sycamore and Winton Woods last season and was a yard or two away from beating Colerain. And they beat the team that actually ran the gauntlet.

You don't have to equate the competition in DII to being able to win in DI.
Old 09-21-17, 03:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Your act is really getting "long it the tooth". My i suggest you put that Jesuit educamacation to use and come up with a new act!
Lighten up, Anti-Francis.
Old 09-21-17, 05:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Never is quite a reach. In fact, La Salle was every bit as capable of doing it at X was. La Salle beat three GCL teams, Sycamore and Winton Woods last season and was a yard or two away from beating Colerain. And they beat the team that actually ran the gauntlet.

Ugh, Yes you do Mick. Big difference D1 v D2 in a playoff setting.
Old 09-21-17, 07:48 PM
All American

So if LaSalle again beats St X and sweeps the GCL, then both go on to win state championships, X is again the better team due to their D1 title.

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes perfect sense.
Old 09-21-17, 08:20 PM
Freshman

LS88Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:

X did a remarkable thing last year, no doubt but so did LaSalle. When they played each other LaSalle won and then LaSalle went on to beat Elder for the outright GCL South title. Both teams deserved the praise, and LaSalle deserved to be the GCL South Champion by beating 3 D1 schools including your Bombers.
Old 09-21-17, 08:25 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
You are absolutely right and it is not the first time that it this happened locally in Cincinnati. Back in the mid-80's the DII state champion beat the DI state champion in the regular season. Purcell took down Fairfield.
Old 09-21-17, 09:48 PM
All District

CoolX is on a distinguished road
Is/will the game be sold out?
Old 09-22-17, 04:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Ugh, Yes you do Mick. Big difference D1 v D2 in a playoff setting.
So, basically your rationale is that a DII team such as La Salle couldn't compete in the DI bracket because the DII teams aren't as good ... despite the fact a certain DII team competed with And beat DI teams all year?

Makes little sense.
Old 09-22-17, 04:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS88Alum View Post
X did a remarkable thing last year, no doubt but so did LaSalle. When they played each other LaSalle won and then LaSalle went on to beat Elder for the outright GCL South title. Both teams deserved the praise, and LaSalle deserved to be the GCL South Champion by beating 3 D1 schools including your Bombers.
Wait. My Bombers?
Old 09-22-17, 07:34 AM
All American

Quote:
So if LaSalle again beats St X and sweeps the GCL, then both go on to win state championships, X is again the better team due to their D1 title.

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes perfect sense.
Winning 5 straight vs D1 Playoff competition is much more difficult than winning 5 straight D2 playoff games. No way LaSalle wins 3 straight D1 titles, probably would not have won 1 the past 3 years, including last Season.
Old 09-22-17, 07:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Winning 5 straight vs D1 Playoff competition is much more difficult than winning 5 straight D2 playoff games. No way LaSalle wins 3 straight D1 titles, probably would not have won 1 the past 3 years, including last Season.
Of course it is. That's not the argument, so pay attention. I was responding to this, and I believe Pope Frank was as well:

Quote:
LaSalle would never have been able to run that gauntlet X ran in 5 consecutive weeks last year.
Of course La Salle could have done what X did. That's not to say they absolutely would. But never is an illogical reach. La Salle beat Sycamore, and could have beaten Colerain during the regular season — two teams X beat during the run. And La Salle BEAT ST. XAVIER, the team that went on the run Don said La Salle could never achieve.

Are we clear now or do you need further explanation?

Also, I'm very confident La Salle would have been able to win DI in 2014. That team was as good as any DI team I've seen win a title outside of 2004 Colerain and 2007 X.
Old 09-22-17, 07:47 AM
All American

Quote:
Of course it is. That's not the argument, so pay attention. I was responding to this, and I believe Pope Frank was as well:

Of course La Salle could have done what X did. That's not to say they absolutely would. But never is an illogical reach. La Salle beat Sycamore, and could have beaten Colerain during the regular season two teams X beat during the run. And La Salle BEAT ST. XAVIER, the team that went on the run Don said La Salle could never achieve.

Also, I'm very confident La Salle would have been able to win DI in 2014. That team was as good as any DI team I've seen win a title outside of 2004 Colerain and 2007 X.
The only thing clear is winning D2 vs D1 titles is light years tougher. Beating teams in the regular season is different than winning 5 straight D1 playoff games. Crystal Clear Mick.
Old 09-22-17, 07:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The only thing clear is winning D2 vs D1 titles is light years tougher. Beating teams in the regular season is different than winning 5 straight D1 playoff games. Crystal Clear Mick.
OK, so then you're incapable of being logical. Got it.
Old 09-22-17, 08:07 AM
All American

Quote:
"LaSalle would NEVER have been able to run that gauntlet X ran in 5 consecutive weeks last year."

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this yappi thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 09-22-17 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-22-17, 09:02 AM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
That 2014 Lasalle team would have also won the D1 playoffs that year. No team big or small was touching them that year. They were in D2 on a technicality.
Old 09-22-17, 09:43 AM
All American

And now, trying to bring it back to the upcoming games...........

X at Moe....... from what I hear, Moe has no problem scoring. While I keep hearing X will roll, I think this goes down to the wire.

Elder has a chance for redemption..... No way Panthers lay down at the Pit. I'm guessing they put up a fight, but in the end, Iggy pulls away.

Lancers will be tested this week by an athletic Winton Woods team. LaSalle defense will be the difference for the win.

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 09-22-17 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-22-17, 10:22 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolX View Post
Is/will the game be sold out?
I'm pretty sure tickets will be available. You may want to call Moeller to make sure. Or some Moe posters may know.......
Old 09-22-17, 10:30 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm pretty sure tickets will be available. You may want to call Moeller to make sure. Or some Moe posters may know.......
SOLD OUT per Moe web site. No tix at gate unless through a scalper.
Old 09-22-17, 10:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
SOLD OUT per Moe web site. No tix at gate unless through a scalper.
Thanks for the update. Just saw that on the Moeller website.
Old 09-22-17, 12:04 PM
All District

CoolX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pope, Can you part the stands and lead us to seats on the right hand side of God, I mean Specht?
Old 09-22-17, 12:55 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We'd all be better off if this kid was as funny as he thinks he is.
Old 09-22-17, 02:04 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by playboi12 View Post
That 2014 Lasalle team would have also won the D1 playoffs that year. No team big or small was touching them that year. They were in D2 on a technicality.
X beat them that year.
Old 09-22-17, 02:05 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:

Of course La Salle could have done what X did. That's not to say they absolutely would. But never is an illogical reach. La Salle beat Sycamore, and could have beaten Colerain during the regular season two teams X beat during the run. And La Salle BEAT ST. XAVIER, the team that went on the run Don said La Salle could never achieve.

Wayne was by far the best team I saw in 2014 and they didn't even win the state title.
Old 09-22-17, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Wayne was by far the best team I saw in 2014 and they didn't even win the state title.
LS would have very much been in the mix for the D1 title in 2014. Im not sure why you guys are struggling with this.
Old 09-22-17, 07:41 PM
All American

SCORE UPDATES

HALFTIME
Suicide Bombers - 23
Crooked Crusaders - 7
Moe scores first, then X answers with kickoff return for TD

X now up 30-7 early 4th quarter.

HALFTIME
Low-energy Lancers - 7
Winton Wood Peckers - 5

WW now up 18-7 mid 4th quarter.

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 09-22-17 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-22-17, 09:42 PM
All American

Week 5 Final Scores

St. Xavier - 30
Moeller - 7

Winton Woods - 18
LaSalle - 15