Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-24-17, 12:19 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,029
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Was the timing ever right that they could have landed Nouri as Head Coach before he went to Stow? I know his son went to Walsh, and that was even after he took the Stow job.
I'm pretty sure he was already at Stow and had the STRS running.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-24-17, 01:54 PM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Walsh schedule for those interested:

Week 1 @ Mayfield
Week 2 Saint Vincent Saint Mary
Week 3 Columbus Bishop Watterson
Week 4 @ Saint Francis (NY)
Week 5 @ Massilon Perry
Week 6 @ Padua
Week 7 NDCL
Week 8 @ Hoban
Week 9 Benedictine
Week 10 @ Mentor Lake Catholic
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-24-17, 05:09 PM
fac974 fac974 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-12-09
Posts: 137
fac974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjmBaseball1 View Post
Walsh schedule for those interested:

Week 1 @ Mayfield
Week 2 Saint Vincent Saint Mary
Week 3 Columbus Bishop Watterson
Week 4 @ Saint Francis (NY)
Week 5 @ Massilon Perry
Week 6 @ Padua
Week 7 NDCL
Week 8 @ Hoban
Week 9 Benedictine
Week 10 @ Mentor Lake Catholic
Anyone want to take a stab at this and give some predictions ?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-24-17, 06:57 PM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
They might be 1-9 or 0-10

I hope I'm wrong.
3 wins would be my guess
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-24-17, 07:22 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,029
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fac974 View Post
Anyone want to take a stab at this and give some predictions ?
I'm not sure there's a single game in there where they will be the favorite.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-25-17, 04:22 PM
RoughRiderSports RoughRiderSports is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-24-17
Posts: 16
RoughRiderSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Was the timing ever right that they could have landed Nouri as Head Coach before he went to Stow? I know his son went to Walsh, and that was even after he took the Stow job.
Should have hired Vassalotti when they had the chance.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-25-17, 06:05 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,029
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I'm pretty sure Vassalotti wanted to: 1) be in administration; and 2) remain in STRS. Walsh provided neither of those.

Walsh had two very good candidates in house and they chose a good one. At this juncture, I'm pretty confident it's the Jimmies and the Joes as opposed to the X's and O's.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-25-17, 08:10 PM
RoughRiderSports RoughRiderSports is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-24-17
Posts: 16
RoughRiderSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I'm pretty sure Vassalotti wanted to: 1) be in administration; and 2) remain in STRS. Walsh provided neither of those.

Walsh had two very good candidates in house and they chose a good one. At this juncture, I'm pretty confident it's the Jimmies and the Joes as opposed to the X's and O's.
Perhaps, but somehow the Jimmies and Joes got much better at Tallmadge after a few years of Vassalotti, and he was able to maintain it, which is extremely hard to do at a school like that. I'm guessing he would have found a way to put Walsh on the right course. At a minimum, he would have had a pipeline from Tallmadge.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-25-17, 08:13 PM
RoughRiderSports RoughRiderSports is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-24-17
Posts: 16
RoughRiderSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
Perhaps, but somehow the Jimmies and Joes got much better at Tallmadge after a few years of Vassalotti, and he was able to maintain it, which is extremely hard to do at a school like that. I'm guessing he would have found a way to put Walsh on the right course. At a minimum, he would have had a pipeline from Tallmadge.
And I think once you right the ship at Walsh, you'd see a few kids peel off from Stow / Woodridge / Hudson, which would make it easier for Walsh to maintain a winning tradition.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-26-17, 06:49 AM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
Should have hired Vassalotti when they had the chance.
Or maybe Vass said no because he saw/heard the direction of the school during his interviews

\_(ツ)_/
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-26-17, 02:18 PM
TBone 22 TBone 22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-17-12
Location: East Side
Posts: 164
TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Working Man View Post
Like I said, the personnel are not and haven't been there...

At the high school level, it could still be a dominant offense. A run-heavy offense would burn clock and choke out spread opponents.
Your wrong. You have to be able to score. This type of offense does not allow for scoring to keep up. 1- 5 yard loss creates a punting situation, the next thing you know you're down 3 TD's. The current Walsh football team.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-26-17, 02:20 PM
TBone 22 TBone 22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-17-12
Location: East Side
Posts: 164
TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fac974 View Post
Anyone want to take a stab at this and give some predictions ?
Week 1 @ Mayfield win
Week 2 Saint Vincent Saint Mary loss
Week 3 Columbus Bishop Watterson loss
Week 4 @ Saint Francis (NY) loss
Week 5 @ Massilon Perry loss
Week 6 @ Padua win-
Week 7 NDCL loss
Week 8 @ Hoban loss
Week 9 Benedictine loss
Week 10 @ Mentor Lake Catholic win
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-26-17, 03:20 PM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 479
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Solid schedule. With the right wins, they could be looking at playoffs with 5-6 wins like they've done in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-27-17, 12:20 PM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
They are playing in D1. D1 is where the big boys are at in any sport.
Agree.

But Walsh baseball was like Saint Paris Graham in D2 wrestling. Dominating.

I don't think even they expected it to be as hard as it has been.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-27-17, 12:20 PM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
Your wrong. You have to be able to score. This type of offense does not allow for scoring to keep up. 1- 5 yard loss creates a punting situation, the next thing you know you're down 3 TD's. The current Walsh football team.
I doubt they run the same offense as last year.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-31-17, 09:34 AM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Renovations to the stadium seem to be going well and are up to speed.

New entrance to the stadium, press box, home/away stands (bigger), sound system, and concessions stands.

The last picture is what the Stadium looked like before the said renovations.

The second picture is what the renovations are supposed to look like when finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Walsh Rennovations.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Walsh Rennovations 2.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Walsh Rennovations 3.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1728  
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-31-17, 09:41 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,029
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjmBaseball1 View Post
Renovations to the stadium seem to be going well and are up to speed.

New entrance to the stadium, press box, home/away stands (bigger), sound system, and concessions stands.

The last picture is what the Stadium looked like before the said renovations.

The second picture is what the renovations are supposed to look like when finished.
Looks great. Way overdue. I'll have to drive by soon and take a look.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-31-17, 10:17 AM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Looks great. Way overdue. I'll have to drive by soon and take a look.
Way overdue is right.

Hey, if you're going to go through a rebuilding period on the field you may as well do it in cool uniforms and a nice stadium.

Always helps attract local kids, which they need.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-31-17, 12:20 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,509
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Looks great. Way overdue. I'll have to drive by soon and take a look.
I drove by it a couple of weeks ago. You can tell it will be a great facility. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-31-17, 01:11 PM
ArmChairCoach ArmChairCoach is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-09-17
Posts: 42
ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjmBaseball1 View Post
Way overdue is right.

Hey, if you're going to go through a rebuilding period on the field you may as well do it in cool uniforms and a nice stadium.

Always helps attract local kids, which they need.
Man I sure do miss their old wide mesh crop top uniforms.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-31-17, 01:41 PM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairCoach View Post
Man I sure do miss their old wide mesh crop top uniforms.
Truly a thing of beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Walsh Football.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1729  
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-02-17, 12:38 PM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
https://vimeo.com/227990654?ref=tw-v-share

Video of the renovations.

If those are the new away stands - visitors are going to be heated. That looks like CYO sized stands.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-02-17, 12:40 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,029
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Drove by at lunch. Place looks great. It also looks like they are going to hustle to get it finished up.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-02-17, 01:02 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,824
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjmBaseball1 View Post
https://vimeo.com/227990654?ref=tw-v-share

Video of the renovations.

If those are the new away stands - visitors are going to be heated. That looks like CYO sized stands.
LOL on the visitors side, did they even give that view a couple second in the video? Realize visitors stands are a low priority but for big local rivalry games like Hoban and SVSM you want to maximize revenue and that means at least giving the fans a decent chance for a seat on their side of the field.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-02-17, 01:08 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,509
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
LOL on the visitors side, did they even give that view a couple second in the video? Realize visitors stands are a low priority but for big local rivalry games like Hoban and SVSM you want to maximize revenue and that means at least giving the fans a decent chance for a seat on their side of the field.
While I agree with you, I'll have to admit that the visitors' stands at STVM and Hoban are not created to make the visitors too comfortable either!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-02-17, 01:26 PM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
LOL on the visitors side, did they even give that view a couple second in the video? Realize visitors stands are a low priority but for big local rivalry games like Hoban and SVSM you want to maximize revenue and that means at least giving the fans a decent chance for a seat on their side of the field.
Right? Doesn't need to be Bedford sized, but something that can hold a couple thousand people, not a couple hundred.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-02-17, 01:27 PM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
While I agree with you, I'll have to admit that the visitors' stands at STVM and Hoban are not created to make the visitors too comfortable either!
The plan should be to 1 up Hoban and SVSM.....
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-03-17, 11:30 AM
Wildcatwarrior Wildcatwarrior is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 421
Wildcatwarrior is on a distinguished road
I think they should bring back the gold pants/gold helmets - Green Bay Packer style but with maroon & gold as the colors. Retro - from the Ricco era.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-16-17, 11:08 AM
AjmBaseball1 AjmBaseball1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-06-05
Location: Akron/Cleveland
Posts: 1,811
AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Walsh looked good against Nordonia in their most recent scrimmage.

Walsh starts out @ Mayfield next Friday.

Mayfield comes off a 4-6 season. All 4 wins were against teams with under .500 records.

Any Mayfield faithful have a scouting report?

On paper, looks like a winnable game for the Warriors.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-16-17, 01:53 PM
WarriorDee WarriorDee is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-17-03
Location: The Big Wigwam by Wyoga
Posts: 822
WarriorDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatwarrior View Post
I think they should bring back the gold pants/gold helmets - Green Bay Packer style but with maroon & gold as the colors. Retro - from the Ricco era.
I agree ......... always loved those uniforms.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Division I Schedules EagleFan Football 67 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division II Schedules EagleFan Football 32 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Football 19 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Walsh Ironman "at capacity" - teams in the field ... bucksman Wrestling 48 09-16-17 03:37 PM
DI Canton Region: Walsh Jesuit vs Jackson Yappi Baseball 11 05-30-17 10:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz