Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-17, 03:15 PM
All American

AjmBaseball1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairCoach View Post
Or chanting Walsh's rejects at those same games. Walsh is a great school don't get me wrong but there is a different culture at Walsh than the other schools. And this can be seen when you walk into the cafeteria, they had a brand new 2017 corvette raffle get off.

There's just no denying it. But this culture has been present even when they were still good at football. It's not about attracting more Akron students as much as it's the surrounding cities being better at football AND coaching.
Well when Marhofer Chevy is one of, if not THE, biggest donors to your school, that's going to happen. That usually happens around POWWOW - Which is WJ's annual alumni auction. They have done that for years. Nothing new.
Old 10-16-17, 04:20 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
This.

I know of parents of a middle class public school kid that is now at WJ that was taken aback by this chant. He is not going anywhere but they feel like their is this student/family based elitism at WJ.

I think the dynamic changed when it went coed. Before that day WJ was a typical single sex Jesuit school that could service areas that were a little tougher to get to for St. Ignatius. Now that girls can grab a bit of this Jesuit education there is the new type of family from all over NEO that want the school on par with an elite prep school and maybe are less welcoming to those from different back grounds.
Hudson's kids chant, "...you're gonna work for us some day!!", the agrarian communities get to hear, "Start your tractors!!" everywhere they go. It's just noise. Kid stuff.
Old 10-16-17, 05:32 PM
All Region

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
“Walsh does not attract nor seem to want this diverse student body.“

^ This confirms you’re an idiot ^
You can't answer the question. That says everything. That and your obsession with the word idiot. That's what people say when they can't defend their position.
Old 10-16-17, 06:49 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
You can't answer the question. That says everything. That and your obsession with the word idiot. That's what people say when they can't defend their position.
You are the official “fake news” of Yappi.

You would deny something even if I had proof lol!
Old 10-16-17, 07:43 PM
All Region

Quote:
You are the official “fake news” of Yappi.

You would deny something even if I had proof lol!
You have no proof or you would have posted it. I have asked you for 2 days to clarify or answer your allegation of schools paying athletes and giving special favors in the classroom. You said it, So back it up with facts or shut your pie hole.

I believe you are plagiarizing the "fake news" label that was given to you by me months ago. No surprise there either.
Old 10-16-17, 07:52 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
You have no proof or you would have posted it. I have asked you for 2 days to clarify or answer your allegation of schools paying athletes and giving special favors in the classroom. You said it, So back it up with facts or shut your pie hole.

I believe you are plagiarizing the "fake news" label that was given to you by me months ago. No surprise there either.
-That was started by Trump.

-I’ve proven you wrong about your “diversity” post.

-You’re just too easy to rile up.

It’s simple..you’re just an idiot.
Old 10-17-17, 06:04 AM
All Region

Quote:
-That was started by Trump.

-I’ve proven you wrong about your “diversity” post.

-You’re just too easy to rile up.

It’s simple..you’re just an idiot.
What was wrong about the diversity post? You posted a picture of a new program claiming to want diversity. Ok that's great and I acknowledged that. But the problem is still there and not improving. All you have to do is look on the field, court and diamond as I said. It's a tough issue for Walsh due to their location and demographics. And the fact that many public schools around them have improved dramatically in the athletic programs while offering a great education, Woodridge, Stow & Hudson as have been mentioned before.

You haven't answered anything except that you can spell idiot. Calling someone an idiot does not make a point. It may make you feel better but it only shows your inability to express yourself.
Old 10-17-17, 07:24 AM
All American

Alright...

Let's get back on track now fellas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pissing.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1870  
Old 10-17-17, 09:10 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjmBaseball1 View Post
Alright...

Let's get back on track now fellas.
Good luck on that AJM.
Old 10-17-17, 09:40 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Good luck on that AJM.
Like herding sheep.
Old 10-17-17, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Like herding sheep.
When the sheep are off their meds and suffering from OCD and paranoia...
Old 10-17-17, 09:51 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Like herding sheep.
Only if those sheep are bat $##t crazy...
Old 10-17-17, 10:16 AM
All American

I can't decide if I am more surprised that this thread has 10 pages worth of content or the fact Walsh isn't any better than it was last year.

Oh well. It almost feels like they need to gut it all but I am not sure they care enough to do so.
Old 10-17-17, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

It seems odd that the school would make the commitment to the improvement of the facilities yet not be concerned with the quality of the product. I think some changes are probably forthcoming, after the season.
Old 10-17-17, 11:15 AM
All American

Quote:
It seems odd that the school would make the commitment to the improvement of the facilities yet not be concerned with the quality of the product. I think some changes are probably forthcoming, after the season.
I wonder if the school initiated the change or the donors came forward and said "here you go, do something please."

But I agree. What changes though? AD dismissed? Barb Salata is Karl Ertles right hand lady. He hand picked her for the AD position. I find it hard to believe he will tell her to walk.

Does a coach change do anything to help bring talent in? Unless you are bringing in a Rotsky type coach, I don't see it.
Old 10-17-17, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I wonder if the school initiated the change or the donors came forward and said "here you go, do something please."

But I agree. What changes though? AD dismissed? Barb Salata is Karl Ertles right hand lady. He hand picked her for the AD position. I find it hard to believe he will tell her to walk.

Does a coach change do anything to help bring talent in? Unless you are bringing in a Rotsky type coach, I don't see it.
Oh God no, you used the "R" word.

Last edited by clarkgriswold; 10-17-17 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-17-17, 01:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Oh God no, you used the "R" word.
Already received multiple DM's regarding the R word.

Just to clarify, I am not asking for Walsh to go after Rotsky - they won't fork over the cash he demands. I am advocating for someone who will hit the pavement and dare I say, recruit what Walsh has to offer.

*This is IF Walsh decides to make a change*

I would be fine with Scott and the staff staying as long as change were to happen elsewhere.
Old 10-17-17, 02:17 PM
All Region

Blockbuster78 is on a distinguished road
They might want to lure the coach across the street back. It looks like he is doing really good things this year.
Old 10-17-17, 02:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbuster78 View Post
They might want to lure the coach across the street back. It looks like he is doing really good things this year.
I think that ship has sailed. Bridge has burned. Could be wrong though.

One thing is for sure - Dan would not be okay with the losing going on if he was in charge. He took his lumps last year but it looks like he is getting his kids and they are buying in.

CVCA has always been open to diversity. That sure does help.
Old 10-17-17, 04:56 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Brock Jones easily could have gone to CVCA, and it actually would have been more in line with his family's faith. Someone or something got him to the other side of the street. He didn't graduate so very long ago. I'm sure there are other recent examples, even with the program in a funk. Is there a common thread ?
Old 10-17-17, 06:25 PM
All World

lchsman is on a distinguished road
I feel your pain, Ajm.

Best of luck to the Warriors the rest of the way.
Old 10-17-17, 07:03 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Brock Jones easily could have gone to CVCA, and it actually would have been more in line with his family's faith. Someone or something got him to the other side of the street. He didn't graduate so very long ago. I'm sure there are other recent examples, even with the program in a funk. Is there a common thread ?
Brock Jones was at CVCA for Jr High. He had a kid named Utley that was in front of him there at RB.
Old 10-17-17, 07:42 PM
All Region

Quote:
You would hope. It’s sad to see Walsh go down the tubes like that. They just beat STVM and Hoban in 2014..
Old 10-17-17, 11:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
His older brother, Chase, attended Walsh. Might help explain why.
Old 10-17-17, 11:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
I feel your pain, Ajm.

Best of luck to the Warriors the rest of the way.
Thanks LCHS. Hopefully they right the ship soon.

Good luck against Padua this week.
Old 10-18-17, 05:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
I think that ship has sailed. Bridge has burned. Could be wrong though.

One thing is for sure - Dan would not be okay with the losing going on if he was in charge. He took his lumps last year but it looks like he is getting his kids and they are buying in.

Didn’t some kids from Walsh transfer to CVCA?
Old 10-18-17, 07:03 AM
All Region

Hoban2019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Already received multiple DM's regarding the R word.

Just to clarify, I am not asking for Walsh to go after Rotsky - they won't fork over the cash he demands. I am advocating for someone who will hit the pavement and dare I say, recruit what Walsh has to offer.

*This is IF Walsh decides to make a change*

I would be fine with Scott and the staff staying as long as change were to happen elsewhere.
If they could get Vassalotti at Walsh, he could turn things around pretty quickly.
Old 10-18-17, 08:17 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Didn’t some kids from Walsh transfer to CVCA?
No one transferred to CVCA, not even after the wrestling fiasco. The majority of CVCA'S current team has been there since 7th grade.
Old 10-18-17, 08:19 AM
All Yappi

I can't imagine Vass coming to Walsh without a sweet deal like the one Boarman had when he came back to SVSM, allowing him to continue his STRS employment while he coaches at a private. I can't see APS being down for him being their primary sports administrator while coaching at Walsh. Great coach, good fit, too many hurdles.

Larlham is not coming back across Wyoga Lake Road. That bridge is beyond burned.

Walsh has had three coaches in its entire existence. They won't do anything hastily. The process that resulted in Beigie getting hired was deliberate and detailed and they went with the guy that was dedicated to the school that they thought could follow in the footsteps of Ricco and Rardin and be there 20 to 30 years. This isn't a place like Massillon where the coach gets canned every time the boosters and fans get riled up.

This appears to be a case of the "Jimmies and the Joes" rather than bad coaching. I don't hear complaints about a lack of discipline, bad play calling or poor technique. It could plausibly be a situation where Beigie isn't the type of guy kids want to play for and that comes back to him, but it seems to me that it goes deeper to the perception of the school outside of its present established community and that's a PR problem well beyond the fault of the head football coach.
Old 10-18-17, 09:28 AM
All American

Quote:
I can't imagine Vass coming to Walsh without a sweet deal like the one Boarman had when he came back to SVSM, allowing him to continue his STRS employment while he coaches at a private. I can't see APS being down for him being their primary sports administrator while coaching at Walsh. Great coach, good fit, too many hurdles.

Larlham is not coming back across Wyoga Lake Road. That bridge is beyond burned.

Walsh has had three coaches in its entire existence. They won't do anything hastily. The process that resulted in Beigie getting hired was deliberate and detailed and they went with the guy that was dedicated to the school that they thought could follow in the footsteps of Ricco and Rardin and be there 20 to 30 years. This isn't a place like Massillon where the coach gets canned every time the boosters and fans get riled up.

This appears to be a case of the "Jimmies and the Joes" rather than bad coaching. I don't hear complaints about a lack of discipline, bad play calling or poor technique. It could plausibly be a situation where Beigie isn't the type of guy kids want to play for and that comes back to him, but it seems to me that it goes deeper to the perception of the school outside of its present established community and that's a PR problem well beyond the fault of the head football coach.
Long story short - Scott's hands are tied by the administration. He is playing checkers while every other surrounding school is playing chess. He has no help.