Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1141  
Old 10-17-17, 07:52 AM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 5,286
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Egret has a stalker.
Egret IS a stalker. 11 of his last 15 posts have been about me. What a head case.
Reply With Quote
  #1142  
Old 10-17-17, 08:20 AM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,091
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Mackinbiner IS a stalker. 300 of his last 325 posts have been about trolling Massillon. What a head case.
fify
Reply With Quote
  #1143  
Old 10-17-17, 08:26 AM
McK93 McK93 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-28-06
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,642
McK93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
fify
Guy makes almost zero posts about football or anything else, just Massillon hate.
Reply With Quote
  #1144  
Old 10-17-17, 02:58 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,534
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Who is poster that makes the lines for the game?

I still say McKinley minus 9 ?
Reply With Quote
  #1145  
Old 10-17-17, 03:11 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,945
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
fify

ANOTHER EPIC POST. I only stalk hot women by the way. And tailgate parties so I can get drunk with the rest of the guys on that thread. LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #1146  
Old 10-17-17, 03:25 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,377
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Who is poster that makes the lines for the game?

I still say McKinley minus 9 ?
Stopped making them because they got too similar to Fantastic 50... but this week I'm slightly different (F50 calls in parentheses):

McKinley -3 (McK -11)
Jackson -10 (Jax -12)
GlenOak -21 (GO -12)
Wooster -10 (Central -2)
Hartley -9 (Hartley -8)
Massillon -14 (Massillon -7)

Couple nearby picks:
Buchtel (+14) at East (-14) (F50: East -4)
Fitch (-7) at Boardman (+7) (F50: Fitch -1)

Most likely to be upset? McKinley, and a sinking feeling it could be Jackson. They still haven't lost one they were a big favorite to get. Lake came close. Green's offense is really bad, though.
Reply With Quote
  #1147  
Old 10-17-17, 05:31 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 347
sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by McK93 View Post
Guy makes almost zero posts about football or anything else, just Massillon hate.
Life has GOT to be unbearable for him AND m2m.
Reply With Quote
  #1148  
Old 10-17-17, 09:44 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 936
my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
23xButcher - didn't you say you wouldn't post until next year? Low credibility dude.
Reply With Quote
  #1149  
Old 10-18-17, 08:40 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,534
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Stopped making them because they got too similar to Fantastic 50... but this week I'm slightly different (F50 calls in parentheses):

McKinley -3 (McK -11)
Jackson -10 (Jax -12)
GlenOak -21 (GO -12)
Wooster -10 (Central -2)
Hartley -9 (Hartley -8)
Massillon -14 (Massillon -7)

Couple nearby picks:
Buchtel (+14) at East (-14) (F50: East -4)
Fitch (-7) at Boardman (+7) (F50: Fitch -1)

Most likely to be upset? McKinley, and a sinking feeling it could be Jackson. They still haven't lost one they were a big favorite to get. Lake came close. Green's offense is really bad, though.

Wow - you really think Pups are going to fall?... You know, like we all know, if Wakefield gets a 10 point lead you might be right!

If there is one thing we know... WHEN Perry gets the lead... other team has trouble!

As far as Jackson game... I think Jackson will survive but will meet their Waterloo against Hoover in season finale.

And finally - from what I hear, Alliance RB is tearing it up still and Aviators are for real!

In Summary - I will take the Pups minus 3
Reply With Quote
  #1150  
Old 10-18-17, 08:48 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,534
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Newsflash for Hoover:

Get your Bowling shoes out because Bishop Hartley looks like a rack of Bowling Pins when they have the ball... I have never seen anything like that before!

They are basically Perry on Steroids... check that.... Double Steroids!... you wont believe it!
Reply With Quote
  #1151  
Old 10-18-17, 06:38 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,377
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Wow - you really think Pups are going to fall?... You know, like we all know, if Wakefield gets a 10 point lead you might be right!

If there is one thing we know... WHEN Perry gets the lead... other team has trouble!

As far as Jackson game... I think Jackson will survive but will meet their Waterloo against Hoover in season finale.

And finally - from what I hear, Alliance RB is tearing it up still and Aviators are for real!

In Summary - I will take the Pups minus 3
McKinley/Perry -- I think if the Perry D can shut down McKinley on the ground, there's going to be trouble for the Bulldogs. The "new and improved" pass rush was alluded to in the latest FNO article, complete with Wakefield giving out hugs. We shall see!

Jackson/Hoover -- unfortunately it has been pretty apparent for weeks that Hoover matches up very well with Jackson. For the Bears to win they need to NOT overthink it. Play your usual offensive game plan. The Viking defense is so porous that if you just do what you've done all year you can score every possession. Don't try to force miracle completions on third down. Make Keller win it through the air -- if he gets a few open receivers and big gains that's fine, but he and Reicosky will nickel-and-dime the Bears to death on the ground if they get scared about the big pass play.

Congrats to Alliance -- they are playoff-bound, correct?

I forgot to put the 1/2-points in the lines to avoid ties. Oops. Guess I'll take either Perry +3 or McKinley -3 then, because a 17-14 type score seems likely to me.
Reply With Quote
  #1152  
Old 10-18-17, 08:04 PM
The Butler's Avatar
The Butler The Butler is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-02-02
Location: Perry Twp., Stark Co.
Posts: 8,323
The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
complete with Wakefield giving out hugs.
Old man is getting senile.
Reply With Quote
  #1153  
Old 10-18-17, 08:17 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,945
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Old man is getting senile.
This was funny Butler.
Reply With Quote
  #1154  
Old 10-18-17, 08:25 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 936
my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
McKinley/Perry -- I think if the Perry D can shut down McKinley on the ground, there's going to be trouble for the Bulldogs.
There's some high level analysis. I think if any team can shut down any team's running game and makes them one dimensional it trouble Duh.

Curtis is underrated as a passer for a kid with so few starts. I believe he had more passing yards than Palotta in the McK win over Jax
Reply With Quote
  #1155  
Old 10-18-17, 08:41 PM
88streaks 88streaks is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-24-10
Location: The Trenches
Posts: 1,492
88streaks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Newsflash for Hoover:

Get your Bowling shoes out because Bishop Hartley looks like a rack of Bowling Pins when they have the ball... I have never seen anything like that before!

They are basically Perry on Steroids... check that.... Double Steroids!... you wont believe it!
Knute Rockne would be so proud of how his single wing has evolved to what Bishop Hartley runs! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #1156  
Old 10-18-17, 09:41 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,377
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
There's some high level analysis. I think if any team can shut down any team's running game and makes them one dimensional it trouble Duh.

Curtis is underrated as a passer for a kid with so few starts. I believe he had more passing yards than Palotta in the McK win over Jax
Sure, but for some teams it means more than others (see Jax v. Perry).

Perhaps you're right about Curtis. I don't think he pulls it off in that kind of scenario but definite props to him if he does.
Reply With Quote
  #1157  
Old 10-19-17, 05:37 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 936
my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not saying he will, I'm saying what he did against Jackson.
Reply With Quote
  #1158  
Old 10-19-17, 06:41 AM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,377
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
I'm not saying he will, I'm saying what he did against Jackson.
He's not playing Jackson this week. His (quite good) performance against the Bears or my affiliation with them does not change the validity of my analysis. Every team matches up differently. The strengths that Curtis has are different than those of a pure-ish pocket passer with high accuracy like Pallotta, and I think they may be somewhat negated against the defense he faces on Friday. I don't mean to disrespect the young man, if it has come across that way then I certainly apologize. No more disrespectful than comments about pissing down your leg in fear, right?

Of course, you know all of this already. I liked it better when we were friends. How about a large coffee on me at the Lincoln Way Mickey D's?
Reply With Quote
  #1159  
Old 10-19-17, 08:11 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,534
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Old man is getting senile.
HAHA... Wakefield giving out hugs?... what next lollipops? - ha-ha

Wakefield is GREAT coach and his record speaks for itself - Perry Pride no question!
Reply With Quote
  #1160  
Old 10-19-17, 08:16 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,534
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
There's some high level analysis. I think if any team can shut down any team's running game and makes them one dimensional it trouble Duh.

Curtis is underrated as a passer for a kid with so few starts. I believe he had more passing yards than Palotta in the McK win over Jax
I have stated this couple times... I have seen Curtis play in person 3 times this year... I have never seen a McKinley QB deliver the ball more accurately and with more zip on the ball than that young man!

McKinley - Perry game is going to be darn good - I just wish Perry had closer concession stands (I hate walking all the way to end of field)
Reply With Quote
  #1161  
Old 10-19-17, 08:19 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,534
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88streaks View Post
Knute Rockne would be so proud of how his single wing has evolved to what Bishop Hartley runs! LOL!
HAHA...

Just received an action shot from Hartley last game.....


In all Respect and Honesty - Hartley is TOUGH!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1162  
Old 10-19-17, 01:31 PM
Knights Watch Knights Watch is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-06-17
Posts: 3
Knights Watch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
I just wish Perry had closer concession stands (I hate walking all the way to end of field)
That is what wives and children are for!
Reply With Quote
  #1163  
Old 10-19-17, 02:16 PM
boiler boiler is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-08
Location: In the basement
Posts: 706
boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
HAHA...

Just received an action shot from Hartley last game.....


In all Respect and Honesty - Hartley is TOUGH!!!!
Were their opponents helmets on sideways forcing them to look through the ear holes?
Reply With Quote
  #1164  
Old 10-19-17, 02:26 PM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 11,583
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights Watch View Post
That is what wives and children are for!
Shouldn't the wives be in the concession stand making and serving the food
Reply With Quote
  #1165  
Old 10-19-17, 04:10 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 936
my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
7 Reps writer voted as follows on picking winners:

McK 5-2 over Perry
G0 7-0 over Lake
Jackson 7-0 over Green
Hoover 6-1 over Hartley
Massillon 5-2 over SVSM
Reply With Quote
  #1166  
Old 10-20-17, 09:32 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,534
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights Watch View Post
That is what wives and children are for!
Yes... in 1961...

but maybe Amazon can deliver food to the bleachers soon?
Reply With Quote
  #1167  
Old 10-20-17, 03:56 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,534
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
McKinley 35
Perry 14

Hopefully somebody will let me know if I was right?

Go Stark County!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1168  
Old 10-20-17, 08:53 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,534
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Wow!!!!

Panthers beat McKinley!!!!

Congrats to Perry.... well deserved win!

Panthers Best team in Stark County this year!

That's that!
Reply With Quote
  #1169  
Old 10-20-17, 08:55 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,377
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Panthers Best team in Stark County this year!

That's that!
The season's not over...
Reply With Quote
  #1170  
Old 10-20-17, 09:00 PM
BHSspartans13 BHSspartans13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-27-06
Posts: 3,240
BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Crazy to think but if Hoover beats Jackson the Vikings will be in the playoffs and the Bears likely miss...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summit County 2017 Yappi Football 216 10-25-17 09:40 PM
2017 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em clarkgriswold Football 9 08-05-17 02:36 PM
Stark County Terriers 16U & 18U Tryouts for 2018! StarkCountyTerriers Baseball 0 07-18-17 10:06 AM
Best Stark County team to not win state title Ohhighschoolfb Football 74 07-14-17 03:41 PM
Amherstís Moore, Elyria Catholicís Abrahamowicz named 2017 Lorain County Mr. Baseball Yappi Baseball 0 05-28-17 03:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz