Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Colerain Cardinals

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #61  
Old 08-31-07, 10:46 AM
main event main event is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-04
Location: The Cage
Posts: 14,604
main event
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo Sam View Post
Revels Int opportunity came on a batted ball. Not the easiest opportunity I ever saw.
Are you serious? It was batted straight up in the air,and he camped right under it for at least a full 3 seconds with no Redhawk players around. It came down softly into his hands and he flat-out dropped it.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-31-07, 12:09 PM
colgar colgar is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-15-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 6,309
colgar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
Nice...

Bearcat will sit opener for violation

I'm beginning to think that Dominick Goodman is the only good apple to have come out of the class of '05.

-CardinalsFan
Come on now CardinalsFan....The kid oversleeps and misses class. Don't make him into a Chris Henry or Michael Vick.

He accepted responsibility.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-31-07, 12:22 PM
colgar colgar is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-15-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 6,309
colgar
Quote:
Originally Posted by main event View Post
The Colerain players who played last night for UC didn't exactly look spectacular. Goody had a drop or 2 and ended up with only 1 catch for 0 yards. Revels played ok but dropped as easy an INT opportunity as I've ever seen, this coming about 5 minutes after my brother told me that Dre was a good LB in highschool but had the worst hands ever and dropped several INTs when he played for Colerain.
Maybe why he is a linebacker and not a fullback or tight end. It was a tipped pass. The pass last night may have hit him in the hands but it was deflected. It really wasn't a clear drop.

As for Goody the first pass he dropped he got excited because he had open field in front of him.

T Byrd will be ok. Kelly made an example out of him, got his point accross and he wasn't needed against SEMO.

Justin Moore got into the game too.

As for Colerain grads, I was wondering this....Why did all the other coaches have white shirts but our Kerry Coombs shirt was red? He still has the same sideline presence.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-31-07, 12:33 PM
main event main event is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-04
Location: The Cage
Posts: 14,604
main event
Quote:
Originally Posted by colgar View Post
Maybe why he is a linebacker and not a fullback or tight end. It was a tipped pass. The pass last night may have hit him in the hands but it was deflected. It really wasn't a clear drop.
Like I said he CAMPED out under the ball as it lazily fell into his hands with no one else from the other team around only for it to fall to the turf.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-31-07, 01:15 PM
recently recently is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 09-28-05
Location: -
Posts: 30,908
recently is on a distinguished road
Brian Lainhart had a solid game last night for Kent State. An interception, fumble recovery, and about seven tackles or so...I always knew he'd be pretty good in college, but I'm surprised he's starting at safety this early in his career. Congrats to Brian, keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-02-07, 09:28 AM
ColerainInsider ColerainInsider is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: #18, Same as it ever was
Posts: 1,584
ColerainInsider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by colgar View Post
As for Colerain grads, I was wondering this....Why did all the other coaches have white shirts but our Kerry Coombs shirt was red? He still has the same sideline presence.
Yeah I heard that. He was thinking of his Cards taking on Hoover.

Also, did Calvin Dixon walk on to UC as well?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-02-07, 10:52 AM
Honor&Glory's Avatar
Honor&Glory Honor&Glory is offline
Colerain Booster
 
Join Date: 04-22-04
Location: The Basement
Posts: 14,534
Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColerainInsider View Post
Yeah I heard that. He was thinking of his Cards taking on Hoover.

Also, did Calvin Dixon walk on to UC as well?

Dixon's picture is in the Media guide...so, yes, he's a walk on.

Coombs wore red because he relayed the defensive signals to the huddle...therefore, he needed to stand out in the sea of white and black for the MLB to get the defensive call...c'mon people...you are all football people and you should know this basic stuff...
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-07-07, 12:13 PM
TheEture TheEture is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-22-07
Location: GMC POY!!!!!!!!
Posts: 589
TheEture is on a distinguished road
Kyle Nickson who went to Findlay to play golf qualified for the first two tournaments for the Oilers.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-07-07, 01:09 PM
ColerainWinsAgain ColerainWinsAgain is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-04
Location: In Mick we trust.
Posts: 5,229
ColerainWinsAgain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
Dixon's picture is in the Media guide...so, yes, he's a walk on.

Coombs wore red because he relayed the defensive signals to the huddle...therefore, he needed to stand out in the sea of white and black for the MLB to get the defensive call...c'mon people...you are all football people and you should know this basic stuff...
Only problem is they all wore red this week! lol
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-07-07, 03:07 PM
Card Scout Card Scout is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-15-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 223
Card Scout
I saw Conner, Tyler and Clifford get some significant playing time at last weeks OSU game. All 3 are ranked #2 on the depth charts!

All 3 looked good and saw this on Moeller.

Moeller had a big tackle early, and then broke through the middle of the
line late in the first quarter. He got his hand on Ben Nowicki's punt that
went just 17 yards, giving Ohio State possession on the YSU 27-yard line.
Chris Wells scored seven plays later to make it 14-0. Moeller moved back to
linebacker this year after a season at safety, and quickly looked
comfortable.


"We know he's going to have a successful career," Grant said. "His cover
skills are great, and he's very aggressive and crazy player."
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-08-07, 08:19 PM
ColerainInsider ColerainInsider is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: #18, Same as it ever was
Posts: 1,584
ColerainInsider is on a distinguished road
Gary Pride blocked a punt in today's OSU/Akron game! Way to go Gary. Connor, Tyler and Gene also saw the field today as well.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-22-07, 10:22 PM
psax889906 psax889906 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-17-06
Location: Colerain
Posts: 10,568
psax889906 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Terrence Sherrer and Minnesota are playing on ESPN2 right now against Purdue... he hasn't gotten any carries... with a senior (Pinnox SP?) and what looks to be an emerging player in Bennet... did he redshirt last year?... he is listed as a FR. on ESPN.com... I don't trust ESPN for anything so I don't take it for gospel... but I wouldn't be surprised with the number of RB's it looks like they're carrying up there...
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-23-07, 07:19 AM
main event main event is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-04
Location: The Cage
Posts: 14,604
main event
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Terrence Sherrer and Minnesota are playing on ESPN2 right now against Purdue... he hasn't gotten any carries... with a senior (Pinnox SP?) and what looks to be an emerging player in Bennet... did he redshirt last year?... he is listed as a FR. on ESPN.com... I don't trust ESPN for anything so I don't take it for gospel... but I wouldn't be surprised with the number of RB's it looks like they're carrying up there...
Terrence transferred to Bowling Green. He's sitting out this year.

And again with the periods. You must have OCD or something I know I do, which is why I keep pointing it out
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-23-07, 08:51 AM
gocards's Avatar
gocards gocards is offline
This is the year
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Support the NW Schools
Posts: 15,788
gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by main event View Post
Terrence transferred to Bowling Green. He's sitting out this year.

And again with the periods. You must have OCD or something I know I do, which is why I keep pointing it out
I like the periods.......
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-24-07, 09:10 AM
cardsplaya cardsplaya is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-31-04
Location: Colerain Ping Pong Heaven
Posts: 175
cardsplaya
Did some searching on youtube and came across this dwayne curry is #15 for the saints
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-24-07, 11:42 AM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,556
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsplaya View Post
Did some searching on youtube and came across this dwayne curry is #15 for the saints
Great link cardsplaya. Thanks for that.

Anyone know what Haynes' capacity is over at TMC? I know he is on the coaching staff but not exactly sure what he's doing. Also, Kyle Koester is over there as well.

-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-24-07, 02:42 PM
cardsplaya cardsplaya is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-31-04
Location: Colerain Ping Pong Heaven
Posts: 175
cardsplaya
coach haines impact is really being felt almost 200 rushing yards a game with a 5 yard a carry average for the backs and koester coaches the backs and you can see they are doing great things
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-25-07, 01:42 PM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,556
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsplaya View Post
coach haines impact is really being felt almost 200 rushing yards a game with a 5 yard a carry average for the backs and koester coaches the backs and you can see they are doing great things
What is Haynes title over there? I don't think he's the OC so what role is he playing? Do you know?

Thanks!

-CF
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-26-07, 05:11 PM
cardsplaya cardsplaya is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-31-04
Location: Colerain Ping Pong Heaven
Posts: 175
cardsplaya
Haines coaches OL/TE's
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-07-07, 11:19 AM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,556
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
I love this. From today's enquirer article on the UC game vs. Rutgers:

"On the first play of Rutgers' next possession, UC tackle Terrill Byrd hit Rutgers' Teel as he threw and the ball fluttered to linebacker Andre Revels, who intercepted and returned it 3 yards to the Rutgers 27.

How big was Kerry Coombs heart on that play? Can you imagine the joy he must be feeling?

Continued good luck to all former Cardinals playing in the college ranks. Especially the ones playing for hometown UC.

-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-07-07, 03:45 PM
colgar colgar is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-15-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 6,309
colgar
In NCAA Division III action. Derreck Tabar returned a punt for a touchdown in Mt. St. Joseph's 56-14 win over Hanover.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-07-07, 03:49 PM
gocards's Avatar
gocards gocards is offline
This is the year
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Support the NW Schools
Posts: 15,788
gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
I love this. From today's enquirer article on the UC game vs. Rutgers:

"On the first play of Rutgers' next possession, UC tackle Terrill Byrd hit Rutgers' Teel as he threw and the ball fluttered to linebacker Andre Revels, who intercepted and returned it 3 yards to the Rutgers 27.

How big was Kerry Coombs heart on that play? Can you imagine the joy he must be feeling?

Continued good luck to all former Cardinals playing in the college ranks. Especially the ones playing for hometown UC.

-CardinalsFan
Goodman also scored their first touchdown with a great catch.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-07-07, 08:38 PM
ColerainWinsAgain ColerainWinsAgain is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-04
Location: In Mick we trust.
Posts: 5,229
ColerainWinsAgain
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
Goodman also scored their first touchdown with a great catch.
It was a perfect win, all three Colerain grads that are starting had a HUGE impact on the game!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-07-07, 08:57 PM
main event main event is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-04
Location: The Cage
Posts: 14,604
main event
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
I love this. From today's enquirer article on the UC game vs. Rutgers:

"On the first play of Rutgers' next possession, UC tackle Terrill Byrd hit Rutgers' Teel as he threw and the ball fluttered to linebacker Andre Revels, who intercepted and returned it 3 yards to the Rutgers 27.

How big was Kerry Coombs heart on that play? Can you imagine the joy he must be feeling?

Continued good luck to all former Cardinals playing in the college ranks. Especially the ones playing for hometown UC.

-CardinalsFan
I just saw the replay of this play not 2 minutes ago. Definitely has to put a smile on any Colerain fan's face.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-07-07, 10:03 PM
ColerainFootball31 ColerainFootball31 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 819
ColerainFootball31 is on a distinguished road
Not as big as the previously mentioned plays, but Tyler Moeller had a very nice special teams tackle against Purdue. Colerain, OSU and UC all winning with Colerain grads making plays at the college level - what a nice weekend of football.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-08-07, 07:57 AM
main event main event is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-04
Location: The Cage
Posts: 14,604
main event
My brother's friend said he saw Eugene Clifford at Northgate Mall on Saturday about 3 hours before the OSU/Purdue game. Anyone know if this kid is a liar and Gene was with the team, or if something DID happen to him?
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-08-07, 08:45 AM
gocards's Avatar
gocards gocards is offline
This is the year
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Support the NW Schools
Posts: 15,788
gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by main event View Post
My brother's friend said he saw Eugene Clifford at Northgate Mall on Saturday about 3 hours before the OSU/Purdue game. Anyone know if this kid is a liar and Gene was with the team, or if something DID happen to him?
I heard that he didn't play Saturday due to an injury of some type.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-08-07, 09:31 AM
ColerainFootball31 ColerainFootball31 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 819
ColerainFootball31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by main event View Post
My brother's friend said he saw Eugene Clifford at Northgate Mall on Saturday about 3 hours before the OSU/Purdue game. Anyone know if this kid is a liar and Gene was with the team, or if something DID happen to him?
I saw Gene at the Colerain game on Friday, so it sounds like he's telling the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-08-07, 02:46 PM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,556
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
More Colerain grads doing well, this time at Thomas More (Ky)

Stout "D", steady "O" Guides Saints

David Dransman, now a Senior, and Dwayne Curry, just a little Freshman.

The talent that has come out of our program over the past 10 years is staggering.

-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-10-07, 05:36 PM
RUNBYU RUNBYU is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-09-07
Posts: 33
RUNBYU is on a distinguished road
After watching UC practice I was told that Trammell Williams was the running back out there for the scout team. His game number is #43.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz