Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-02-19, 12:34 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I'm guessing you're a Buckeyes fan? I'm not. I'm not big on Haskins. I think he's going to struggle as well. He played in a conference and program that has not produced alot of NFL QB's. He generally played against non-NFL calibler defenses and especially linebackers and secondaries. We'll find out pretty quickly if he can make the transition as he'll likely start for the Redskins out of the gate.

In general, the quarterback position is the the hardest to gage in NFL ability, and each year, we get snookered with multiple "can't miss" prospects and some teams need QB's so it's a forced pick. I think we'll see in 5-6 years that this was one of the worst years to draft a QB ever. I'm not sure any will have much of a career.
I will give you tOSU has not produced a lot of NFL QBs but the conference currently has a strong group of QBs including 3 Pro Bowlers, 2 HOFs, and arguably the GOAT. Who is currently the best SEC grad starting in the NFL? Cam Newton? Mathew Stafford? Heck Kirk Cousins is rated above those guys: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...arend-rankings

Also, the NFL game is changing. You now need a QB who is quick and very accurate with his throws, Patrick Mahomes is the new the prototype not a Manning which is Jones' style. That being said unless Haskins improves on his foot work he will struggle too. He is smart and accurate but he throws too frequently off balance and those fluttering balls will be picked off in the NFL.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-19, 12:51 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I'm guessing you're a Buckeyes fan? I'm not. I'm not big on Haskins. I think he's going to struggle as well. He played in a conference and program that has not produced alot of NFL QB's. He generally played against non-NFL calibler defenses and especially linebackers and secondaries. We'll find out pretty quickly if he can make the transition as he'll likely start for the Redskins out of the gate.

In general, the quarterback position is the the hardest to gage in NFL ability, and each year, we get snookered with multiple "can't miss" prospects and some teams need QB's so it's a forced pick. I think we'll see in 5-6 years that this was one of the worst years to draft a QB ever. I'm not sure any will have much of a career.
I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of college football ? Not that there is anything wrong with that, and not to confer any sort of "expert" status upon myself, but if you think that Haskins operated within the typical Urban Meyer or Tressel-ball offense last year, you are quite foolish.

Just where, exactly, do see all the starting pro QB's coming from and playing against "NFL calibler defenses and especially linebackers and secondaries", sporto ?

Lots of speed in the SEC, but tell me about your Top 10 SEC alum NFL QBs. No defense even played in the Big 12, and a few of their QBs are starting. PAC, ACC....meh... The college conference play of top NFL QBs would be a pretty rando-looking list, but you've heard of Brady, Wilson, and Brees, right ? They're OK, and all B1G that succeeded almost immediately when healthy and given a chance.

Let me know if you ever find a solid college sourcing trend for good NFL QB, okay ?